Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instacart FRAUD ALERT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Instacart FRAUD ALERT

I have always despised Instacart, and their customer service is absolute shit. It is all foreign-based, very stubborn, and they rarely make things right. They have little leeway to do anything beyond what their "tools" allow. You cannot escalate any issues.

Last year we started doing more Costco deliveries, which did not require an Instacart membership, but was performed by Instacart. However, I got an offer from Costco in October 2022 for a yearly $79 Instacart membership, which gave you 7% off the (marked up) Costco delivery prices, plus free delivery. So it was definitely worth it.

Unfortunately, I got charged $99 instead of $79, and it was an absolute nightmare to fix. I wasted more time than I should have trying to fix this, for the principle of the matter. At the end, they fixed it and conceded their system fucked up. When I asked for maybe an extra month or two of membership due to all my wasted time, they told me to eat shit.

Fast forward a year later, and I got auto-charged $99 again -- once again the erroneous amount.

Also, we stopped doing Costco delivery and just go to the store again. (This isn't COVID-related, just a change in shopping habits over the past year.)

So not only didn't we need it anymore, but they also charged the wrong amount again.

The charge was on November 7, and I called today, shortly after getting my statement. They said it could not be reversed because you get a whopping 15 day grace period! That's such a fucking scam. They're counting on you not seeing your credit card statement in time.

Two calls to customer service were met with failure. Finally Twitter DMs with Instacart convinced them to give me $93 of it back, which they said was the prorated amount. So I'm going to have to eat the other $6, which obv isn't a big deal, but I hate giving these fuckers a penny they don't deserve.

Such a shady company. If you google reviews on them, you see a million complaints about horrible customer service and scams.

They got way too big during the 2020 pandemic, and just treat everyone like garbage now.

Comments

desertrunner: Get them Druff!

Load Metric
    niiiiiiiiiiiiice instacart skatzpoker supports you

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    INSTACART IS GOD. IMAGINE ME LUGGING 10 BOXES OF CEREAL AND 2 CASES OF BOTTLED WATER ON THE BUS? NO THANKS.

Comments

Pablo:

Hockey Guy: I have it on good authority, okay maybe not GOOD, that you use tap water on your cereal.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    INSTACART IS GOD. IMAGINE ME LUGGING 10 BOXES OF CEREAL AND 2 CASES OF BOTTLED WATER ON THE BUS? NO THANKS.
    If you have no car, it's very useful.

If you can't get out to the store for whatever reason, it's very useful.

For me, it was only useful during COVID, and then again last year when we just got sick of the lines and hassle at Costco. But we kinda got over that and stopped doing ordering. Not even a conscious decision... just stopped for the past 8 months or so.

I'm talking about the company Instacart itself, though. It's terrible and scammy.

Load Metric
    all that i end up dealing with is my wife bitching cuz the organic lemons arent good enough

Load Metric
    but were a doordash family todge

Load Metric
    I’m shocked Druff would allow some animal living in their car hand pick his groceries and then deliver them in the same smoke filled car they and their dog live in. No different than DoorDash, they don’t do background checks on “independent contractors” and accept anyone.

Add in all the extra fees and Druff is the last person I would expect to use this.

Load Metric
    How can you be your age and use the bus system? Outside getting a rent a car at an airport I have never been on a bus since high school. Maybe I guess Disney World.

I think we can all agree, wearing a name tag or using the bus system as primary transportation over the age of 30, well you simply made awful life decisions. Of course you rent a basement so there is that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    How can you be your age and use the bus system? Outside getting a rent a car at an airport I have never been on a bus since high school. Maybe I guess Disney World.

I think we can all agree, wearing a name tag or using the bus system as primary transportation over the age of 30, well you simply made awful life decisions. Of course you rent a basement so there is that.

HEY OBSESSED FAGGOT. INSTEAD OF BUYING ANOTHER 40 FOR TONIGHT, GO PUT A DOWN PAYMENT ON A SENSE OF HUMOUR. ITS SAD HOW FAST YOU BECAME A BOTTOM 5 POSTER HERE. MY, HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load Metric
    Costco is the tits. We always use the self checkout which they are contemplating doing away with because of rampant stealing people throw shit in cart and don't pay for it. I asked my wfe months ago why people don't do this with stuff like steak which i have seen 3 stakes for like 150 dollars.

I would never do this obviously but they have 2 people checking items to make sure they have been scanned but they do it without really checking just looking and marking as paid. It would be a pain in the ass to wait on cashiers instead of doing it yourself.

Load Metric
    THE LATE, GREAT PIZ MARKIE WAS A STEADY USER OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.

Load Metric
    How much? Omg they saved your life. I'm preemptively demanding you leave that target cashier alone too.
    This stuff happens way to often to you. imo you need to accept there's an underground economy and support it. Ship their $93 back.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Always interesting to me the time you commit to customer service issues over very small amounts of money

I’d do this when I was broke if there was a real issue

But now I’d never consider spending an hour getting passed around support trying to claim back $20

I enjoy reading these stories though, when I was
    Younger I had some epic battles with customer support agents and usually did pretty good, the money meant a lot to me!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I’m mainly posting this thread because of what a fucking scam this is. Imagine a yearly recurring billing where you only have 15 days to reverse it — which is shorter than the time it takes for most credit card statements to arrive.

Super dirty.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Speaking of shady Instacart stories, there was a news report that said an Instacart Driver named Jada S was buying personal things on her Customer's credit and debit cards! A couple said something like,"Jada S bought pampers, baby formula, and baby bottles, baby wipes using our credit card. We are in our late 40's, don't have any Babies. All of our children are grown and we don't have any Grandchildren. Jada S is a thief." Another dissatisfied Customer said something like,"Jada S bought lipstick and blush on my credit card. I am a man who didn't need any makeup. Jada S is a thief." Jada S got fired for her theft as she should have been. Posters were like,"I can't believe Will Smith's wife would be using Instacart Customers ' credit cards to steal! She's rich!" I pointed out that Will Smith's wife is Jada Pinkett-Smith, not Jada Smith.
    People paid thousands of dollars for the Fyre Festival only to end up living like Refugees! I feel sorry for them! How could anyone NOT feel sorry for them?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I’m mainly posting this thread because of what a fucking scam this is. Imagine a yearly recurring billing where you only have 15 days to reverse it — which is shorter than the time it takes for most credit card statements to arrive.

Super dirty.
    Brother I thought you were a PHD Computer programmer?

Brother you know you can log in and see your bill in real time? You don’t have to wait for a snail mail monthly statement to review your purchases brother

Load Metric
    I haveand used instacart few times

but get lotta UBEREATS free $20 off coupons and basically free money from using Uber

(good place to buy delivered to you beer/alcohol)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Super dirty.
    Brother I thought you were a PHD Computer programmer?

Brother you know you can log in and see your bill in real time? You don’t have to wait for a snail mail monthly statement to review your purchases brother
    Brother I don't know about you, but I don't waste my time refreshing and examining my online credit card statement every day.

I usually bring it up when it's time for the bill to be paid, and I examine all the charges at that point. Credit card companies never hold you liable for fraud, so it's never urgent to check your charges as soon as they post. This is different than a debit card, which takes the money first and then you have to fight to get it back.

This was the first company I've ever dealt with where you have fewer than 30 days to cancel a recurring charge. It's especially egregious because this occurs YEARLY! If it's a monthly charge, it is more reasonable for the company to argue that you should be used to the charge by then, and it's your fault if you fail to cancel until 2-3 weeks have passed. However, all companies I've dealt with will give you a 1-month refund if you cancel a recurring charge, provided it's clear you didn't use the service at all during that period.

Instacart has that 15-day period specifically to prevent people from seeing it on their credit card bill, and calling up in time. They are awful, and they hide behind foreign customer service reps. When you can't reach an American manager/rep no matter what you do, the company usually sucks.

Load Metric
    Mr millionaire gets his groceries delivered, GOT NEWS FOR YA PAL, IT'S NOT JUST FOR THE POORS ANYMORE

Comments

garrett:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    Speaking of shady Instacart stories, there was a news report that said an Instacart Driver named Jada S was buying personal things on her Customer's credit and debit cards! A couple said something like,"Jada S bought pampers, baby formula, and baby bottles, baby wipes using our credit card. We are in our late 40's, don't have any Babies. All of our children are grown and we don't have any Grandchildren. Jada S is a thief." Another dissatisfied Customer said something like,"Jada S bought lipstick and blush on my credit card. I am a man who didn't need any makeup. Jada S is a thief." Jada S got fired for her theft as she should have been. Posters were like,"I can't believe Will Smith's wife would be using Instacart Customers ' credit cards to steal! She's rich!" I pointed out that Will Smith's wife is Jada Pinkett-Smith, not Jada Smith.

Name:  flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  122.7 KB
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Thread Information