Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Posters with TDS (commonly known as Trump Derangement Syndrome)

Load Metric
    newsom is young, sane, attractive, articulate, and anyone who thinks whatever they heard on AM radio about him is going to somehow keep people from voting for that is the type of person who probably runs his site at a loss.

Comments

splitthis: He is a nasty faggot
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

People with autism hate newsom

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    newsom is young, sane, attractive, articulate, and anyone who thinks whatever they heard on AM radio about him is going to somehow keep people from voting for that is the type of person who probably runs his site at a loss.
    Don't you run your site at a loss?

Comments

splitthis: Gottem

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The problem is that California has massive issues, and he's going to have a hard time defending his record.

That's what's so maddening about DeSantis. Florida has done great in the 2020s, including during COVID. DeSantis had a great record to run on, but somehow he fucked it all up, between his weird personality and his ill-advised shift in strategy.
    And eating pudding with his fingers
    That's an example of how Trump can seize upon something trivial like this and make it define a person.

It is hard to overcome Trump's attacks and his dedicated troll following relentlessly reminding people of it.

The "puddin' fingers" thing worked so well because it played right into people's growing perception that DeSantis was weird, awkward, and antisocial.

Load Metric
    IRRELEVANT AND IMMATERIAL. YOUR HONOR I WANT THIS STRICKEN FROM THE RECORD.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, yes, Newsom is articulate and good looking, which is what allowed him to rise to his current level of power, despite his leadership shortcomings (which are massive).

Well, that and kissing ass to Willie Brown in the '90s.

But it doesn't take an AM radio listening conspiracist to see that California is in decline. The shrinking population, after decades of fast growth, isn't a coincidence.

Comments

splitthis: He is retarded

Silver
    Load Metric
    Imagine having a state with beaches, mountains, all kinds of industry, great moderate weather (and not-so-moderate if that's your thing), and people are LEAVING the state in droves.

That's a sign that the government is massively fucked up.

When I was a kid, people were rapidly abandoning places like Chicago, New York, and New Jersey, realizing that there's no need to suffer in shitty weather for more than half the year. My own parents did exactly that in 1973, when I was 1.

Now people are leaving the place which everyone used to see as their dream location.

Politically I tend to lean left on social issues but right on fiscal issues. Surprisingly Newsom for a guy that claims to have gotten into politics because of undue burdens on small business owners…..he has been an absolute disaster!

The latest disaster is California has some new Restaurant Council that gets to raise the minimum wage unilaterally for restaurants with 60 or more locations nationwide. The net effect is going to be thousands of lost jobs. In January for those restaurant affected the minimum wage will be $20 per hour. Pizza Hut in So Cal has already decided to eliminate all of their delivery drivers. They will use 3rd party delivery services exclusively. The fast food chains are going to require you to order via their apps or a self-serve kiosk. On the consumer end expect to see prices rise significantly. I bought a double western cheeseburger at Carls a few days ago and it was $8.79 plus tax just for the burger. Now while I’m not required to pay $20 per hour it will make it difficult to attract and keep employees who can go down the street to Dominos and make $5 per hour more. Who do they think they are helping?

Additionally starting January 1st, all businesses are required to provide a week of sick pay per year to each employee. The same law also prohibits the employer from verifying that the employee is actually sick. If they say they are we must take them at their word…no doctors note or anything required. With the number of employees I have, that’s roughly a $13,000 a year hit. Oh a because of inflation minimum wage was supposed to be $15/hour for 2023 but it went to $15.50 and will got to $16.00 in January. Every $1.00 increase costs me an additional $18,000 per year. So I ave no choice but to cut hours and/or raise prices. No one benefits.

It’s my opinion too that if you are a 40 year old and a minimum wage job is the best you can do, then you are the problem not the wage. Flipping burgers was never meant to be a career to support a family on. Work hard and get promoted into management if you like the industry.

I worked with a guy at Pizza Hut that was a star football player in high school. He had multiple D1 offers but got his girlfriend pregnant his senior year. He decided he needed to work to take care of his family and forego college. He started at Pizza Hut as a dishwasher, then became a cook and delivery driver, then a shift manager, general manager and an Area Manager. He then got promoted to the HQ as what was called a Reataurant Readiness Coach, which put him in a team that worked on developing new restaurant systems and a new labor model. From there he was promoted to Franchise Business Coach overseeing all the franchises in Mexico and Latin America. He left Pizza But after 20 plus years and has help Executive roles with Bob Burn’s and Mimi’s Cafe and Popeyes Chicken. All this with no college degree. Work hard and don’t expect the government to provide for you actually pays off!

Comments

Dan Druff:

Load Metric
    I don’t know about that but you gotta explain to me why the Koch Brothers would back a shrieking neocon warmonger like Nikki Haley? I really don’t understand tbh.

It seems counter to what I understood them to be

Load Metric
    Also, yes, Newsom is articulate and good looking, which is what allowed him to rise to his current level of power, despite his leadership shortcomings (which are massive).

But it doesn't take an AM radio listening conspiracist to see that California is in decline. The shrinking population, after decades of fast growth, isn't a coincidence.

honestly he gets a _ton_ of shit from people in california so its not like your accusations are baseless but i think he can just wave his hand at it all and say 'yeah its complicated' and thats going to be enough for people to see him as the next big thing once you factor in his competition being biden and trump.

and haley is going to look like an unhinged foreign agent version of hillary clinton next to him.

if the worst scandal on the books with newsom is him eating at french laundry during the pandemic, hes clocking 8 years in the oval starting pretty much whenever he wants.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hut, it's funny you mention the burgers, because I've just been noticing recently that the longstanding days of the cheap burger are over.

Now every single fast food burger is costing me a minimum of $5 after tax, and double burger a minimum of $8 after tax. In-n-Out is actually a bit cheaper than that, but their burgers are small, so you can't really do with a single unless you have a very small appetite.

Those supporting mandatory minimum wage increases think it's hitting big, deep pocketed corporations, and benefiting the little guy.

Most of these fast food places are franchised, and the owners are just getting by. Every increase in costs brings them that much closer to ruin. As you said, this eventually results in higher prices, reduced hours, and more forcing of app/kiosk ordering. And that means fewer jobs.

Your story of that guy who worked himself up from dishwasher is great. The problem is that a narrative has been sold that you deserve a midde-class lifestyle just for showing up to any job. Life has never worked that way. As you said, people should not be making careers out of low-end fast food jobs. It has long been known that such jobs are for teenagers and young adults still living with mom and dad.

Regardless, I don't see how this form of social charity off the backs of struggling franchise owners makes any sense. People tend to support it because they don't realize that "McDonald's" down the street is owned by a middle class person like them, rather than a gigantic corporation.

Comments

tigerpiper: Mackerel is good for sushi, btw (not canned)

Load Metric
    also i may be totally kidding myself but i think theres a groundswell of voters who are starting to accept that presidents really cant wave a magic wand and fix big problems but they can do things that actually count as solid base hits like rebuild the social safety net that keeps the middle class safe and comfortable, or broker meaningful regulation with china on fentanyl, or build offshore internment camps for homeless zombies.

note i said 'starting'.

and once that basic understanding of civic governance reaches a tipping point, this shithole of a country might actually turn it around.

i think newsom is an example of someone who can speak that language and appeal to that sensibility.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

honestly he gets a _ton_ of shit from people in california so its not like your accusations are baseless but i think he can just wave his hand at it all and say 'yeah its complicated' and thats going to be enough for people to see him as the next big thing once you factor in his competition being biden and trump.

and haley is going to look like an unhinged foreign agent version of hillary clinton next to him.

if the worst scandal on the books with newsom is him eating at french laundry during the pandemic, hes clocking 8 years in the oval starting pretty much whenever he wants.
    It's not scandal that's going to get him. It's California's record. The public perception of California these days is not good. It's not a place people want to be, and those still in the state keep talking about "moving out someday".

I'm tied here for various reasons. But I don't blame people for wanting to go, and I actually live in an area which is somewhat isolated from a lot of the present issues.

He's going to have to defend the state's problematic record during his terms, and people are going to have to ask if they want the US to go the direction of California.

He probably still wins the '28 primary, especially because of the shit choices the Democrats will offer as alternatives. Look at the motley crew Biden faced in 2020. Probably more of the same in 2028.

It won't be a cakewalk in the general, though.

Comments

splitthis: Tinetard

Load Metric

It's not scandal that's going to get him. It's California's record. The public perception of California these days is not good. It's not a place people want to be, and those still in the state keep talking about "moving out someday".

I'm tied here for various reasons. But I don't blame people for wanting to go, and I actually live in an area which is somewhat isolated from a lot of the present issues.

He's going to have to defend the state's problematic record during his terms, and people are going to have to ask if they want the US to go the direction of California.

He probably still wins the '28 primary, especially because of the shit choices the Democrats will offer as alternatives. Look at the motley crew Biden faced in 2020. Probably more of the same in 2028.

It won't be a cakewalk in the general, though.

yeah i get your point, i just dont think its going to stick as much as you do because honestly, were all kinda numb to the hyperbole so why would the truth matter?

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_7231.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  90.8 KB

Coal fired pizza

The inside of the oven looks like the fires of hell. The whole labor cost issue disappears.

You are a generous donor to the local fire department but you’re shipping 300 boxes out the door a night. One kid told me 400 but I’ll round down.

Load Metric
    yeah i get your point, i just dont think its going to stick as much as you do because honestly, were all kinda numb to the hyperbole so why would the truth matter?
    I don’t think we have any earthly idea what the state of the nation will be in 2028 with respect to our debt spiral.

People predict the reverse repo facility will be $0 by January. Who on earth can forecast 5 years out?

You’ll have to get the cash into consumer hands before you get Weimar. UBI about only thing that can do that at that point.

After Trump a sweet talking populist Democrat with UBI might be the ticket. If he has nice hair and can debate well … some version of California might look appealing.

I have no model like the 1970’s to follow. That doesn’t work except for the next few years. Are we looking at FDR? Shrug

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I don’t think we have any earthly idea what the state of the nation will be in 2028 with respect to our debt spiral.

People predict the reverse repo facility will be $0 by January. Who on earth can forecast 5 years out?

You’ll have to get the cash into consumer hands before you get Weimar. UBI about only thing that can do that at that point.

After Trump a sweet talking populist Democrat with UBI might be the ticket. If he has nice hair and can debate well … some version of California might look appealing.

I have no model like the 1970’s to follow. That doesn’t work except for the next few years. Are we looking at FDR? Shrug

honestly if there was a market for leadership affiliation it would have to be massively skewed towards the left because, as you pointed out, UBI is going to be critical for not just rebuilding the middle class but offering sustainable avenues up out of destitution.

and no one to the right of AOC is going to be able to choke that down because 'muh socialism'.

Load Metric
    Name:  VideoCapture_20231128-235742-removebg-preview.png
Views: 165
Size:  101.6 KB

hello pfa

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Silver
    Load Metric
    hut, it's funny you mention the burgers, because I've just been noticing recently that the longstanding days of the cheap burger are over.

Now every single fast food burger is costing me a minimum of $5 after tax, and double burger a minimum of $8 after tax. In-n-Out is actually a bit cheaper than that, but their burgers are small, so you can't really do with a single unless you have a very small appetite.

Those supporting mandatory minimum wage increases think it's hitting big, deep pocketed corporations, and benefiting the little guy.

Most of these fast food places are franchised, and the owners are just getting by. Every increase in costs brings them that much closer to ruin. As you said, this eventually results in higher prices, reduced hours, and more forcing of app/kiosk ordering. And that means fewer jobs.

Your story of that guy who worked himself up from dishwasher is great. The problem is that a narrative has been sold that you deserve a midde-class lifestyle just for showing up to any job. Life has never worked that way. As you said, people should not be making careers out of low-end fast food jobs. It has long been known that such jobs are for teenagers and young adults still living with mom and dad.

Regardless, I don't see how this form of social charity off the backs of struggling franchise owners makes any sense. People tend to support it because they don't realize that "McDonald's" down the street is owned by a middle class person like them, rather than a gigantic corporation.
    You are correct and to play Devils advocate let’s say that the minimum wage increases only affected large corporations. While technically they may be able to afford to take the hit, realistically they can not. These are public companies with stockholders that demand a return. Walmart and others can’t just accept declining profits. When stock prices in these companies decline, guess what it’s the middle class who take most of the hit. Billions of dollars in 401k plans and pension plans are invested in these companies. A company that acts to maximize profits and grow year over year is not being greed they are being good business owners!

The current system also encourages people to stay in shitty jobs and keep collecting government money. You can work a minimum wage job which currently earns you $33,000 per year in California. You will qualify for free medical care and not the shitty plan that I pay $800 per month for. You will get the Cadillac plan for free. You will also qualify for food stamps between $200-$500 per month. Depending on the size of your household you will qualify for significant rent assistance too. If you earn more, it will all go to rent and a reduction in food stamps and possible loss of your free insurance. This gives a person zero incentive to do better unless they are going to jump from $33,000 per year to $60,000 plus. I’ve actually had employees request that I don’t give them raises because it will negatively affect their government benefits.

I think it’s a good thing that there are government programs to help people when they fall on hard times, but they should be designed to lend a temporary helping hand not to collect for your entire life. If you need food stamps there should be restrictions on what you can buy. Lobster tails and filet mignon nope. How about you get a chicken, a loaf of bread, some bologna, milk, cereal and eggs. Don’t like it? Then get your ass off of food stamps! It shouldn’t be comfortable to live on government assistance.

Load Metric
    guy opens up a soggy pizza shop and thinks he knows everything, I'm here to tell you pal, you haven't read the art of the deal.

Comments

splitthis: Lol, and left leaning social, right fiscal is a huge lol

Sloppy Joe: GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

apropos of your post:

https://twitter.com/jameslavish/status/1729618865137811776

Thread Information