Thread: Rosalynn Carter is donkdown- August 18, 1927 ~ November 19, 2023

Load Metric

Rosalynn Carter is donkdown- August 18, 1927 ~ November 19, 2023

Glad she lived long enough to see that her husband will not go down in history as the worst POTUS.

Maybe Jimmy is next?

Banned
    Load Metric
    dude can you please cease and desist from starting a new boring thread every fucking day

we all saw it on the news

seriously can you make a concerted effort to be intellectually stimulating on some level ?

Comments

Sanlmar: reread this a couple times desertrunner

Load Metric

Ol' Jimbo can't be far behind. A month or two back I actually thought he had croaked and I somehow missed it as he's been in hospice care since February.

A terrible president, also probably the only 'good' person who has held the office, at least for the past 100 years

Comments

desertrunner:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Terrible President / good person is a good description of Carter.

Actually since Carter, we've had 4 Presidents who are/were reasonably good people (Reagan, both Bushes, and Obama), and three who are on the shady side (Clinton, Trump, Biden).

Carter was the nicest person of the bunch, but he also had no clue what he was doing. He won because the American people wanted an earnest guy they could trust, after the whole Watergate thing. I was too young to understand all of this at the time, but that's clearly what got Carter elected.

Comments

country978: George W Bush was NOT a good person

Sanlmar: aside from the torture and death on a mass scale, country

Tellafriend: what they said ^^^

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Actually since Carter, we've had 4 Presidents who are/were reasonably good people (Reagan, both Bushes, and Obama), and three who are on the shady side (Clinton, Trump, Biden).

Carter was the nicest person of the bunch, but he also had no clue what he was doing. He won because the American people wanted an earnest guy they could trust, after the whole Watergate thing. I was too young to understand all of this at the time, but that's clearly what got Carter elected.
    If watergate happened today it would be barely newsworthy.

Anyhow there's that old saying about Carter and liver pills. I guess that's meant to imply Carter drank alot idk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post

Anyhow there's that old saying about Carter and liver pills. I guess that's meant to imply Carter drank alot idk.
    Definitely didn't imply that.

JC was not a drinker. First brother Billy C famously was.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post

Billy Carter selling “Billy Beer” to cash in on his brother’s Presidency was considered a bit scandalous too.

Alcoholic George W prolly swilled a few back in the day.

Yeah, Billy Beer and Watergate are pitiful scandals by contemporary standards. I used to hold “All the Presidents Men” as rewatchable but Watergate just seems dumb now.

tick tick tick

Load Metric

'Good person' is obviously subjective but was thinking more along the lines of the earnestness you speak of. I agree with your groupings though in terms of what you're going for.

Not a desirable trait for the leader of any country but especially America. You need to have a god complex in order to be effective and persuasive.

Somewhere in the middle of the spectrum between Carter and Trump, but honestly closer to Trump is what historically works.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Billy Carter selling “Billy Beer” to cash in on his brother’s Presidency was considered a bit scandalous too.

Alcoholic George W prolly swilled a few back in the day.

Yeah, Billy Beer and Watergate are pitiful scandals by contemporary standards. I used to hold “All the Presidents Men” as rewatchable but Watergate just seems dumb now.

tick tick tick
    What made the whole Watergate 'scandal' so bizarre was how far Nixon was ahead in the election, but it was part of the times both parties did this shit, it was called rat fucking. I probably know more about Nixon than 99.9% of the world's population not that it means anything. I was considering at the age of 21 becoming a Doctor in Political Science, like Jill Biden. I wrote a paper on Nixon and submitted it for review to be accepted to the Masters program. Actually, as long as you paid the tuition you are auto accepted, although I did not know it at the time. The Professor who read it said it was the most comprehensive paper he had ever read on Nixon, he then in our meeting scolded me for my biased positive view on Nixon and rambled on about how he nearly created a constitutional crisis. He was in his 60s at the time and is certainly dead now but I can only imagine what he would have thought about Trump. At the end of our meeting I decided against the further education route and got job in finance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Glad she lived long enough to see that her husband will not go down in history as the worst POTUS.

Maybe Jimmy is next?

Regale us with the a simp’s perspective on the Hostages being released on Reagan’s inauguration.

I’ll spare you the embarrassment that would result. The Iranians despised Carter. Reagan almost certainly promised arms to the Iranians. That evidence disappeared along with the Iran Contra evidence. Record keeping is a bitch.

Carter is far from the worst a President in our glorious history. Not even the past 75 years.

If someone promised me they would do absolutely nothing while in office… that they would not fuck America up any further they’d prolly get my vote.

Shit ain’t so black and white. Don’t mean to stress you out with shading and reality.

Maybe Jimmy is next? What does this even mean and why is it post worthy?

Load Metric
    At the funeral, Jimmy is not looking so well...

Comments

Sanlmar: what is wrong with you

Kuntmissioner: Looks OK for 99

Thread Information