View Poll Results: At this point at Target, what would you do?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat the $12 and your pride, and forget about it

3 23.08%
  • Demand a manager to come fix the situation, and report employee's rudeness

2 15.38%
  • Try to reset the password and wait up to 2 minutes before trying something else

4 30.77%
  • Try to reset the password and wait up to 5 minutes before trying something else

0 0%
  • Try to reset the password and wait up to 10 minutes before trying something else

0 0%
  • Give this asshole a hard time for both his refusal to help and his laughing at you

1 7.69%
  • Walk out, leave all groceries in the cart, and come back to tell the store manager tomorrow

1 7.69%
  • Apologize because you were the asshole in this situation

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 15.38%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JEW Make the Call -- Shitty Target Cashier Edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, the job doesn't vanish into thin air when someone gets fired.

It goes to someone else who is presently unemployed.

Who is better to have that job? An asshole employee who intentionally fucks with customers? Or an unemployed person in need, who would really love the position?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hesterandeldridge View Post
    you are fucking with people's livelyhood s though .

yes he is wrong , but making people lose their jobs over non super serious things is horrible and cowardly
    He's fucking with his own livelihood by knowingly and blatantly breaking company rules in order to mess with a customer he dislikes.

I am simply reporting the true and correct version of what happened, and his boss can take care of it.

I never report human mistakes which don't involve intentional shitty behavior by the employee. I think getting someone in trouble for that is shitty.

But someone intentionally wasting my time because he doesn't like that I won't follow his (incorrect) advice, laughing at me, and then thanking another customer for threatening me?

Fuck that shit. That's his fault if he gets in trouble.
    again you playing the victim when its you that forgets his password , yes what he did is wrong , but dont get the man fired.

this is why i never had a job , you do that to my job and im finding you to get even a little.

I also wouldn't have a power trip at a job but it also seems like you have your own power trip and entitlement.

so i know you did not want to listen to him but did you reset your password yet ? and how long did it take. honestly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let's look at the overall results here, in this actual story.

Nobody got fired. However, let's look at what did change:

- Power tripping asshole employee who thought he was king of the evening shift put in his place, and told he'll be fired if he abuses customers again - NET POSITIVE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

- Manager communicated to employees that they always need to give out a way to contact him, if a customer requests it - NET POSITIVE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

- Policy of snap-fixing annoying "Circle" discount errors reiterated to all cashiers - NET POSITIVE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

- Target likely to have fewer disgruntled customers, as a result of the above - NET POSITIVE FOR TARGET AND ALL CUSTOMERS

- Druff gets the 50 dolla back - NET POSITIVE FOR DRUFF

Everyone won in this situation, except for the asshole employee trying to fuck with a customer, and even he didn't get fired.

I am the Patron Saint of Target.

Let's look at the overall results here, in this actual story.

Nobody got fired. However, let's look at what did change:

- Power tripping asshole employee who thought he was king of the evening shift put in his place, and told he'll be fired if he abuses customers again - NET POSITIVE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

- Manager communicated to employees that they always need to give out a way to contact him, if a customer requests it - NET POSITIVE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

- Policy of snap-fixing annoying "Circle" discount errors reiterated to all cashiers - NET POSITIVE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

- Target likely to have fewer disgruntled customers, as a result of the above - NET POSITIVE FOR TARGET AND ALL CUSTOMERS

- Druff gets the 50 dolla back - NET POSITIVE FOR DRUFF

Everyone won in this situation, except for the asshole employee trying to fuck with a customer, and even he didn't get fired.

I am the Patron Saint of Target.
    you could have possibly got him fired , not that you care one bit about that.

a similar situation happened to me , and you know what happened , after 7 minutes of the password not resetting, i got the discount .

and you never answered the question. how long did the password reset email get sent after you requested it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

He's fucking with his own livelihood by knowingly and blatantly breaking company rules in order to mess with a customer he dislikes.

I am simply reporting the true and correct version of what happened, and his boss can take care of it.

I never report human mistakes which don't involve intentional shitty behavior by the employee. I think getting someone in trouble for that is shitty.

But someone intentionally wasting my time because he doesn't like that I won't follow his (incorrect) advice, laughing at me, and then thanking another customer for threatening me?

Fuck that shit. That's his fault if he gets in trouble.
    again you playing the victim when its you that forgets his password , yes what he did is wrong , but dont get the man fired.

this is why i never had a job , you do that to my job and im finding you to get even a little.

I also wouldn't have a power trip at a job but it also seems like you have your own power trip and entitlement.

so i know you did not want to listen to him but did you reset your password yet ? and how long did it take. honestly.

My forgetting of the password didn't matter. I didn't need it for this, and the moron refused to listen to me when I told him this. It's not like he was proposing the correct solution and I was refusing it like an asshole. His solution was both incorrect and going to take a lot of time.

How did I have a power trip? I simply wanted to pay the correct posted price of the items I bought, and I was getting fucked with when asking for an incorrect price to get fixed.

I didn't need to reset my password. I had it written down at home, but just not available to me while at Target.

My forgetting of the password didn't matter. I didn't need it for this, and the moron refused to listen to me when I told him this. It's not like he was proposing the correct solution and I was refusing it like an asshole. His solution was both incorrect and going to take a lot of time.

How did I have a power trip? I simply wanted to pay the correct posted price of the items I bought, and I was getting fucked with when asking for an incorrect price to get fixed.

I didn't need to reset my password. I had it written down at home, but just not available to me while at Target.
    if you had the right password would this thread have been made ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't "get anyone fired".

I have no power at Target. Management fires him if they see fit. I report the true and correct version of events, and management decides what to do.

You are correct, though, that I don't care one bit if an employee who fucks with me via their workplace gets fired. They deserve it.

I am still confused as to why you believe it is unfortunate if an employee like this gets fired. Do you not understand that a more deserving (and probably more financially needy) person will get the job in his place?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

if you had the right password would this thread have been made ?
    I don't know. It would have failed to help (the manager confirmed this), and it's impossible to tell if this guy would have helped me at that point, or if he would have come up with another outlandish thing for me to do in order to "fix it".

You realize that the policy for the past year was to snap-fix these errors and not make demands of the customer, right? How is it my fault if the asshole decided he was going to go rogue and force me to do things his way?

I have no power at Target. Management fires him if they see fit. I report the true and correct version of events, and management decides what to do.

You are correct, though, that I don't care one bit if an employee who fucks with me via their workplace gets fired. They deserve it.

I am still confused as to why you believe it is unfortunate if an employee like this gets fired. Do you not understand that a more deserving (and probably more financially needy) person will get the job in his place?
    you reporting him could get him fired , and lol at you assuming his financial situation is better than the next person coming along.

again, he was probably rude but maybe because you did not listen to his first request. i assure you that after 5 minutes or so of you not getting the password reset email you would have gotten the discount.

good for you , you got an additional 50 for pointing this out to management

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

you reporting him could get him fired , and lol at you assuming his financial situation is better than the next person coming along.

again, he was probably rude but maybe because you did not listen to his first request. i assure you that after 5 minutes or so of you not getting the password reset email you would have gotten the discount.

good for you , you got an additional 50 for pointing this out to management
    I turned down the 50 twice. The manager kept insisting I take it, out of appreciation for bringing this to his attention, plus all the bullshit I went through.

The password is not necessary for anything unless you need it to pay through the app. The manager even remarked to me, "I don't even know my own password for the barcode!" It was perfectly fine that I didn't have it. You don't need it. Not my problem if this cashier didn't know his own job and became obsessed with forcing me to do useless shit for his own satisfaction of being the one in charge.

I don't think you understand the concept of customer service. Your job is not your playground to fuck with customers you dislike, nor is it a place where you punish customers for things like forgetting passwords, nor is it a place where you make up your own behavioral rules.

Customer service revolves around making the customer satisfied to the level the company wants. Your ego needs to be checked at home.

I am not going to let a shit employee waste 15, 10, or even 5 minutes of my time because he's a stubborn asshole. Target policy indicated that he should just fix the Circle error, and he chose to break that policy because he was on a power trip, and then engaged in a string of about 10 different violations of policy after that.

Do stupid and malicious shit at work, win stupid prizes.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Makes me wonder if Nicky Pipes really has any employees, if he thinks it's a "minor incident" for an employee to encourage one customer to harass another, out of spite.

Actual employers will usually fire on the spot for shit like that. Fake internet businessmen, on the other hand, will take the employee's side.
    I’d never tolerate a problem client like you, especially with all your nonsense demands for special treatment

You’d be inform we aren’t doing business with you and you can feel free to post anything you want or tell whoever you like

Would never tolerate the nonsense you pull

You’d be shown the door, if you wanted to shake hands on the way out it’s your choice

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Makes me wonder if Nicky Pipes really has any employees, if he thinks it's a "minor incident" for an employee to encourage one customer to harass another, out of spite.

Actual employers will usually fire on the spot for shit like that. Fake internet businessmen, on the other hand, will take the employee's side.
    I’d never tolerate a problem client like you, especially with all your nonsense demands for special treatment

You’d be inform we aren’t doing business with you and you can feel free to post anything you want or tell whoever you like

Would never tolerate the nonsense you pull

You’d be shown the door, if you wanted to shake hands on the way out it’s your choice
    I don't ask for special treatment. I ask for fair treatment.

You post a price? You honor it.

And if I ask you to honor that price, you do it without being an asshole or a passive-aggressive dickhead about it. You just get it done.

That's how big boy business actually works, not crying over the feelings over employees who decide to use their jobs to stroke their egos, and create needless confrontations.

Again, if I were wrong with any of this, Target wouldn't have hauled the guy into HR and documented that he's a hair away from being fired. The last thing they'd want is a wrongful termination suit. Dude violated about 10 different rules in the process of all this shit.

I actually do a favor to the manager when I report things like this, because it allows him to clamp down on bad behavior before it drives more customers away.

Gold
    Load Metric
    When you look up Needs Special Treatment in the dictionary you see a picture of Druffs overweight bloated face

The man treats the working class like shit

Gold
    Load Metric
    I’d give the checkout person a raise for proving they know how to properly handle unruly and mouthy customers

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So apparently Nicki is ok getting overcharged, his time wasted, and threatened with violence. interesting.

I myself would have just walked out and not purchased any item once the guy started dicking me around, but Druffs response was perfectly rational based on the escalation.

Load Metric

It's not always that simple...(1)in the law, a posted price is not an offer, rather it is an invitation to the buyer to make an offer, so there is no legal obligation to sell at the posted price (although a customer relations obligation yes) (2) price tags (if applied to products) often come off and then the product is put back in the wrong place by a browsing customer and often under a sign with a difference price, thus misleading subsequent customers (3) with computerized cash registers, bar code scanning and software controls, the cashier usually is limited as to how much price adjustment he can give you, for example $10 max per sale.

the thing to do was calmly acknowledge that you believe the cashier was following the rules as he understood them but request the store manager come to the register....do not escalate or make your interaction a ego-clash...and what you call smirking I would call uncomfortable embarrassment for the situation the cashier was in...he smiled and giggled rather than glaring and growling at you...
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

It's not always that simple...(1)in the law, a posted price is not an offer, rather it is an invitation to the buyer to make an offer, so there is no legal obligation to sell at the posted price (although a customer relations obligation yes) (2) price tags (if applied to products) often come off and then the product is put back in the wrong place by a browsing customer and often under a sign with a difference price, thus misleading subsequent customers (3) with computerized cash registers, bar code scanning and software controls, the cashier usually is limited as to how much price adjustment he can give you, for example $10 max per sale.

the thing to do was calmly acknowledge that you believe the cashier was following the rules as he understood them but request the store manager come to the register....do not escalate or make your interaction a ego-clash...and what you call smirking I would call uncomfortable embarrassment for the situation the cashier was in...he smiled and giggled rather than glaring and growling at you...
    Lolz

We aren't discussing legalities here. Obviously I wasn't going to sue Target for $12. We are talking about expectations the customer has. The customer is not "entitled" or "difficult" for wanting a posted price honored, especially if that price isn't a mistake (as it wasn't in this case -- just a faulty system at checkout).

You're correct that I could've put an end to this standoff by just asking for the manager as soon as he refused to fix it. But he was rude from the moment I wouldn't reset the password, making nasty remarks like "That's okay, I have all day" when I told him the password resets always take a long time to arrive for me. He was also being extremely passive-aggressive by just repeating over and over that I needed to reset my password for the barcode, and completely ignoring my protests that 1) it takes too long and 2) it won't help anything anyway. I did spend a bit too long trying to reason with him, I guess. But it's not my obligation as a customer to deescalate. That's what the employee is supposed to do.

The manager said that all employees were very aware of the policy to fix Circle discount errors on the spot, including this particular cashier. He said that the cashier had no real explanation for why he put me through all that, other than "I made a mistake". So basically the guy at first thought he was being helpful (telling me to bring up the barcode and reset the password), and then decided he would punish me for "disobeying" him.

This wasn't a matter of an incorrect employee trying to "help" and making things worse. This was a guy who clearly was looking to make me frustrated and miserable until I did what he said.

The fact that he thanked the customer who berated/threatened me (in fact, thanked him twice) was proof that this was an intentional ego battle, and not just a guy trying to help. I knew it, the store manager knew it, HR knew it, and this guy couldn't even offer up a meager excuse for his actions. Basically he probably thought I would just walk out angry and not track down his boss.

F him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Lolz

We aren't discussing legalities here. Obviously I wasn't going to sue Target for $12. We are talking about expectations the customer has. The customer is not "entitled" or "difficult" for wanting a posted price honored, especially if that price isn't a mistake (as it wasn't in this case -- just a faulty system at checkout).

You're correct that I could've put an end to this standoff by just asking for the manager as soon as he refused to fix it. But he was rude from the moment I wouldn't reset the password, making nasty remarks like "That's okay, I have all day" when I told him the password resets always take a long time to arrive for me. He was also being extremely passive-aggressive by just repeating over and over that I needed to reset my password for the barcode, and completely ignoring my protests that 1) it takes too long and 2) it won't help anything anyway. I did spend a bit too long trying to reason with him, I guess. But it's not my obligation as a customer to deescalate. That's what the employee is supposed to do.

The manager said that all employees were very aware of the policy to fix Circle discount errors on the spot, including this particular cashier. He said that the cashier had no real explanation for why he put me through all that, other than "I made a mistake". So basically the guy at first thought he was being helpful (telling me to bring up the barcode and reset the password), and then decided he would punish me for "disobeying" him.

This wasn't a matter of an incorrect employee trying to "help" and making things worse. This was a guy who clearly was looking to make me frustrated and miserable until I did what he said.

The fact that he thanked the customer who berated/threatened me (in fact, thanked him twice) was proof that this was an intentional ego battle, and not just a guy trying to help. I knew it, the store manager knew it, HR knew it, and this guy couldn't even offer up a meager excuse for his actions. Basically he probably thought I would just walk out angry and not track down his boss.

F him.
    indeed in my opinion you should have asked for the manager early on instead of asking 7 times for the cashier to do it your way...and also, a bystander saw your behavior as rude enough to come to the assistance of the checker...to me that says you were escalating rather than trying to solve a problem calmly...as Micon often said to you on the radio show, more flys caught with honey

thanking the bystander calms things down some by the cashier taking control of the situation and separating the bystander from you...the bystander gets to be a hero for a few minutes, bfd really buts it's what he wanted...

it was a bad situation but it takes two to make a tango.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    So apparently Nicki is ok getting overcharged, his time wasted, and threatened with violence. interesting.

I myself would have just walked out and not purchased any item once the guy started dicking me around, but Druffs response was perfectly rational based on the escalation.
    Actually no, none of those things happen to me

I’ll admit I do very little in person shopping, as unlike Druff I don’t send my baby mothers to work 40 hours a week for another male.

However when I do go to stores I generally have what you could describe as a normal experience with no drama

These situations happen to Dan Druff because he treats people like shit and occasionally he runs into some guy make $15 who has had enough of a spoiled rich kid born to an incredibly rich family pushing people around and making their shit jobs even more miserable

Comments

Dan Druff: Nikci still butthurt I questioned his wealth, I see

Gold
    Load Metric
    I wouldn’t have found it shocking or inappropriate at all if one of those guys gave Druff a smack

I’m not saying they should pummel him or brutalize him

But I think if one day a service worker gave Druff one firm smack to his pudgy face it might teach him a lesson

Thread Information