View Poll Results: At this point at Target, what would you do?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat the $12 and your pride, and forget about it

3 23.08%
  • Demand a manager to come fix the situation, and report employee's rudeness

2 15.38%
  • Try to reset the password and wait up to 2 minutes before trying something else

4 30.77%
  • Try to reset the password and wait up to 5 minutes before trying something else

0 0%
  • Try to reset the password and wait up to 10 minutes before trying something else

0 0%
  • Give this asshole a hard time for both his refusal to help and his laughing at you

1 7.69%
  • Walk out, leave all groceries in the cart, and come back to tell the store manager tomorrow

1 7.69%
  • Apologize because you were the asshole in this situation

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JEW Make the Call -- Shitty Target Cashier Edition

Load Metric
    Alpha behavior here shown by bottomset, props.

He's the consummate gentleman in most scenarios and turned some piss ant power trip into a scathing cucking in front of a subordinate, who learned a much richer lesson than some $10.

Had a similar experience when I was a cashier in high school; some bottle of wine wasn't discounting and I called over a floor manager. It took a minute and the customer was frustrated. I apologized, he softened, we small talked about sports etc. Obv wasn't my fault, which he knew, but humility goes a long way.

Manager finally shows up - a tubby, balding guy at least in his mid 20's on a massive power trip. Basically had the ability to override scans and tell me when to go on breaks, otherwise firmly on my level. Everyone hated him.

Faggot tries big timing the customer about some aspect of the bargain, entitled and aggrieved.eventuwalked out leaving like $300 worth of groceries but not before shaking my hand and tellng me 'stay in school son. Becoming this guy is as low as it gets.'

Faggot could never look me in the eye after getting cucked this badly.

It's all about respect and decency, not tatting to a grown up for help with conflict management.

Not saying it was wise for young king to laugh in Druff's gook face but he probably deserved it and I'm sure at least one or two of his fellow housewives in line would agree.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    The walk out, leave product in cart is exactly what I did a few months ago. Different product though.

I wear a sport coat maybe twice a month, I have two, a light one and dark one. The lighter one started getting ratty so decided to buy a new one. Budget was $200 nothing fancy I don't wear it enough.

So I went to a couple chain men's stores and finally found what I was looking for. Sales guy an early 20 something was quite helpful. I tried on several and found the right one. Obviously, it had no tag on it. But it was right next to two, exact some coat just different colors. It was $450, BUT it was right under a giant sign that said 40% off this section. Ok, little more than I wanted to spend but close enough. Sleeves needed to be tailored and for $40 they offered to tailor it, so I hopped on the stand, guy came out did my sleeves.

So go to pay, and the cashier who was the Assistant Manager based on his name tag just groaned there was no tag. I calmly said there is one in the same section the exact same coat, just different color I can get it and you can scan that one. He cooly said it does not work that way, and for literally 10 minutes he had to search the computer until he found it. No apology for me waiting he was more impressed with himself he actually found it. Ok, that will be $522. Ummm, its 40% off.

Seems because it was the Spring he told me, the lighter coats are not on sale because of the season. I was like look man, how was I supposed to know that? Its in the section with all the other coats, under that giant 40% off sign, plus I am overpaying on the tailor thing as well. He begins to state his case rather firmly that human error happens in life and I bite my tongue because I want the coat.

So I take the high road, I said look, I will split the difference with you just give me 20% off and we'll call it a day. He voice begins to raise stating it was human error and if I don't want the coat at full price I don't have to buy it. I calmly called over the young man who helped me, reached into my pocket and said here is $10, I am sure this exceeds the commission you would have made on the coat, he was stunned but took it and thanked me.

I then turned to the neanderthal behind the register. I calmly said you look to be in your early 30s, do you know why you are standing behind a cash register on a Sunday at your age, while your peers are out having a good time? He stood there speechless. I'd give you the answer but you probably already know the answer, it begins with an L. He had a blank stare, mouth open.

I just walked out.
    wow this is the faggiest story ever told

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

He's the consummate gentleman in most scenarios and turned some piss ant power trip into a scathing cucking in front of a subordinate, who learned a much richer lesson than some $10.

Had a similar experience when I was a cashier in high school; some bottle of wine wasn't discounting and I called over a floor manager. It took a minute and the customer was frustrated. I apologized, he softened, we small talked about sports etc. Obv wasn't my fault, which he knew, but humility goes a long way.

Manager finally shows up - a tubby, balding guy at least in his mid 20's on a massive power trip. Basically had the ability to override scans and tell me when to go on breaks, otherwise firmly on my level. Everyone hated him.

Faggot tries big timing the customer about some aspect of the bargain, entitled and aggrieved.eventuwalked out leaving like $300 worth of groceries but not before shaking my hand and tellng me 'stay in school son. Becoming this guy is as low as it gets.'

It's all about respect and decency, not tatting to a grown up for help with conflict management.

Not saying it was wise for young king to laugh in Druff's gook face but he probably deserved it and I'm sure at least one or two of his fellow housewives in line would agree.
    All walking out without the groceries would've done would have made me get them all again some other time. And it would force some poor 15-year-old box boy to have to run all of this shit back to the shelves.

That's known as punishing the wrong person, a very crybaby soy move. You don't make life miserable for other employees because one particular employee sucked. You focus on the one who caused the problem.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

All walking out without the groceries would've done would have made me get them all again some other time. And it would force some poor 15-year-old box boy to have to run all of this shit back to the shelves.

That's known as punishing the wrong person, a very crybaby soy move. You don't make life miserable for other employees because one particular employee sucked. You focus on the one who caused the problem.
    Right, I'm sure that manager wakes up everyday and loves nothing more than having to mediate conflict between a 50 year old grown man who can't navigate a cell phone app and a young guy who probably lost his job because he couldn't help laughing in your gook face for being ridiculous.

Didn't you just win like 60k? Get a nice meal or two for dinner and be thankful.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Right, I'm sure that manager wakes up everyday and loves nothing more than having to mediate conflict between a 50 year old grown man who can't navigate a cell phone app and a young guy who probably lost his job because he couldn't help laughing in your gook face for being ridiculous.

Didn't you just win like 60k? Get a nice meal or two for dinner and be thankful.
    We aren't talking about the manager. I'm saying that uttering something snide and walking out just punishes myself and whichever unfortunate sap is tasked with putting back everything I abandoned.

Walking out like that only works if it's inconveniencing the guy who did it.

For example, I went to a NYC pizzeria one time which is aimed at tourists, so they don't give a shit about repeat business. The idiot gave away my pizza to someone else, even though I showed up exactly when he told me.

I asked him, "Can you at least remake mine right now, since I was ahead of everyone else's order you're currently about to make?"

The idiot said no, that I'm going to be behind everyone else. No matter what I said, he kept repeating "You ain't special", and "You gonna wait like everyone else."

I finally said, "Okay, fine, how long?" He quoted me 30 minutes so I said I'd be back, just so he'd make the pizza and I'd never show up for it. I hadn't paid yet. Just wanted the asshole to make it for no reason.

Load Metric
    Uhhh… You supposedly have considerable experience doing sophiaticated computer programming and don’t know how to visually access the stored auto-filled passwords on your phone???

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Lol
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

We aren't talking about the manager. I'm saying that uttering something snide and walking out just punishes myself and whichever unfortunate sap is tasked with putting back everything I abandoned.

For example, I went to a NYC pizzeria one time which is aimed at tourists, so they don't give a shit about repeat business. The idiot gave away my pizza to someone else, even though I showed up exactly when he told me.

I asked him, "Can you at least remake mine right now, since I was ahead of everyone else's order you're currently about to make?"

The idiot said no, that I'm going to be behind everyone else. No matter what I said, he kept repeating "You ain't special", and "You gonna wait like everyone else."

I finally said, "Okay, fine, how long?" He quoted me 30 minutes so I said I'd be back, just so he'd make the pizza and I'd never show up for it. I hadn't paid yet. Just wanted the asshole to make it for no reaso
    n.
    You do realize they either gave the pizza to someone else or ate it themselves? Right. You really owned nobody here. Pizza costs are like 10 cents on the dollar. The staff won if it was not sold to a consumer, probably was.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

I finally said, "Okay, fine, how long?" He quoted me 30 minutes so I said I'd be back, just so he'd make the pizza and I'd never show up for it. I hadn't paid yet. Just wanted the asshole to make it for no reaso
    n.
    You do realize they either gave the pizza to someone else or ate it themselves? Right. You really owned nobody here. Pizza costs are like 10 cents on the dollar. The staff won if it was not sold to a consumer, probably was.
    Must agree, you got cucked here as well.

Doubt he even made it, just hoping you would back and seethe more.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brother don’t you have a wife?

I do not understand why you’re doing the grocery shopping

Fiddling with apps and coupons as the creator of The Druff System? As the Slot King?

Brother I have not been grocery shopping in at least 5 years, the women go get whatever I need or they order or for me on the apps,

I don’t download or use apps they do it for me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fail #1 - shopping at Target. I’m surprised you shop there at all. Nearly everything is overpriced crap.
    Fail #2 - grocery shopping for cold stuff 30 miles from your house
    Fail #3 - known app problems from previous visits and still thinking any of this was a good plan

You planned to fail all around on this one.

Load Metric
    For the longest time I refused to enter my phone number at the register even if there was a rewards program. Just the data collection thing and general orneriness

However, now there are in store apps like Target or Shaws and some deals are just impossible to ignore.

Walk around the supermarket and ask a question regarding the app. No employee knows anything about it. Even the high school kid or Hispanic at the customer service desk is clueless.

How do these companies not require some kind of proficiency from their own employees.

I don’t understand why most stores don’t simply shutter and deliver app purchased items at the curb. Between theft, employee staffing challenges and real estate costs it simply can’t be worth it

I’m pretty sure this discount experience is around the corner.

You wanna squeeze the melons you can go to the Albertsons Premium Store and pay a little more for the vintage experience.

Most US retail stores will have a Kiosk screen and bulletproof glass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Fiddling with apps and coupons as the creator of The Druff System? As the Slot King?

Brother I have not been grocery shopping in at least 5 years, the women go get whatever I need or they order or for me on the apps,

Brother he is the housewife, understand?

No job so plenty of time to kill especially since the gout took over and he can no longer walk.

Comments

NickyPipes: Fair point brother

Load Metric
    Would you pay more in California Walmarts for a TSA style screening before shoppers enter the store?

Gold
    Load Metric

No job so plenty of time to kill especially since the gout took over and he can no longer walk.
    You think he drives around one of those Moto carts Doyle Brunson style in his flat brimmed LA Dodger hat?

Load Metric

You think he drives around one of those Moto carts Doyle Brunson style in his flat brimmed LA Dodger hat?
    Three years away brother, unless some version of the Pipes Plan is adopted. You've done all you can.

Load Metric
    Brothers, I appreciate the trolling but this thread is going sideways.

Druff -- We need an update on the situation. Did you get corporate to fire the *giggling* (RIP FLUFFER) cashier?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Brothers, I appreciate the trolling but this thread is going sideways.

Druff -- We need an update on the situation. Did you get corporate to fire the *giggling* (RIP FLUFFER) cashier?
    Druff prevailed after complaining and XYZ, got his $12 discount, walked away after spending X time full of dopamine feeling powerful.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Definitely curious how it turned out. Always fun to hear your customer service stories. Obviously, you should get the discount. Still think you had bad plan from start.

Anyways, definitely staying tuned for the exciting conclusion.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I held back the second half of this story because I wanted to get everyone's impression of the first part, before it took an uglier turn.

Recall that I left off that this cashier was refusing to honor the posted sale price of an item, even though I showed him proof of the sale and proof that I had enabled the deal via "Circle" on the Target app.

He was (erroneously) insisting that I needed to scan the barcode on my Target app, which required a password, and where the reset of the password never arrives to me in fewer than 45 minutes.

I kept trying to explain that I already entered my phone number, and that already enabled the Circle deals, and he refused to believe that the phone number worked that way. He was obsessed with bringing up the barcode and forcing me to reset the password, and wait with him for whatever time that took. I kept just asking him to honor the price like all the other cashiers do, and he outright refused. Go back to the original post for the full story.

Anyway, after about the 7th time I asked him, he started laughing. There was nothing funny about the situation, and I was already super annoyed at him turning this into a battle of egos and refusing to help me. Upon seeing him laughing, I raised my voice for the first time.

"You're laughing at me now? Why are you laughing? Is there something funny about how you're refusing to help me here?"

The guy didn't know what to say back, and tried to force the big laughing smile from his face.

But before it went any further, I heard another voice from behind me -- one which sounded like a middle-aged male.

"He's probably laughing at my reaction to how you're treating him," the voice behind me said in an angry tone.

I turned around, and I saw a trashy-looking dude in a baggy jacket, who had been observing at least some of this exchange from a distance. It was another customer, not an employee.

"You don't understand, I'm trying to get the sale price honored here, and he's refusing to help me," I told him, even though I didn't owe this nosy punk any explanation.

"Oh, I heard what's going on," he replied. "You need to show these people some respect."

"I need to show respect when the guy is refusing to help me and laughing at my frustration for it?", I asked.

"You need to show these hardworking people some respect and not talk to them like they way you're doing," he angrily shot back.

At this point I was done talking to this asshole. There is a certain segment of society who always takes the employee's side against a frustrated/angry customer, regardless of the circumstances. They just assume the customer has to be in the wrong. These type of people won't listen to reason. To this asshole, the cashier was simply asking me to reset my password, I was refusing to do so, and then I was being a jerk about it. This moron didn't understand nor want to understand that the cashier was refusing to help me unless I followed this ridiculous and incorrect solution, and then laughed at my frustration. All he saw was an uncooperative customer who was getting agitated with an employee.

"This is none of your business, you need to stay out of this," I told him.

"It is my business when I see you treating people this way," he argued back.

"Again, you don't know what's happening here, and it's not any of your business," I repeated, and walked a few steps back to the cash register.

"Yeah, fuck off, you piece of shit," the guy yelled at me, as I walked away.

I turned around and said back, "No, you fuck off."

This surprised and enraged this dude, who thought he was the tough guy saving the poor Target employee from me, and didn't expect I would mouth off back to him.

He ran up to me and got in my face.

"You have no idea who the fuck you're messing with!", he shouted at me. "You have no fucking idea who you're talking to like this!"

At that point, I looked down and noticed this guy had a baggy jacket on. He was a good deal shorter than me, and not a big guy at all, but he had a trashy look to him, and I did wonder for a moment if this guy had a weapon somewhere in that jacket somewhere. He didn't look like a street criminal -- just a trashy dude in his mid-40s who was mad I wasn't letting him intimidate me.

We exchanged some words back and forth, and at one point the dude said we should "take this outside", which I ignored. Then he backed away a few steps and waited to see how my situation with the cashier would proceed.

"Call the manager," I said to the cashier. This was what I was about to do before the altercation with the customer, as a result of both the cashier's intentional refusal to help and his laughing at me, but that asshole customer had distracted me from it. I was not going to tattle on the customer to the manager. I simply wanted to be done with the guy.

The cashier called the manager on a speaker, and then walked toward an employee-only area on the side of the store.

However, before leaving the area, the cashier approached the trashy customer, patted him on the shoulder, and said, "Thank you. I really appreciate your support here."

The customer, now feeling more empowered and heroic than ever, said back, "No problem, I'm gonna wait for the manager to come and make sure they know it was all this guy's fault."

The cashier replied, "Thank you again for everything you've done", and walked away.

At this point, the other customer and I stood about 10 feet apart, both waiting for the manager to arrive, glaring at each other in silence, but not speaking.

Continued next post... which I'll probably do later tonight.

Comments

dmndkutr: Damn

Sloppy Joe: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I assumed the manager at this time (around 6:45pm) was unlikely to be a manager with any real power. Indeed, it wasn't. It was a youngish looking woman with multicolored hair. I could tell right away that she had no authority over this cashier.

To her credit, she was very pleasant with me.

At first I briefly told her that another customer was attempting to interfere in this situation, and to please do me a favor and politely tell him that this matter is between me and the store. She seemed a bit confused by this (admittedly unusual) request, and before I could say anything further, the trashy piece of shit customer ran up and started ranting.

"This guy here, he was very rude, he caused the entire problem here, and you need to know that," he blurted out to her.

"Again, you didn't see what actually happened and this doesn't have to do with you," I said to him.

"You need to learn some respect!", he yelled at me. "Or I'm going to teach you some respect!"

"And you need to stay out of this," I said back.

At this point, the guy got right in my face, his teeth were clenched, and his whole body started shaking. He didn't shake during our first altercation, but I could tell his adrenaline was flowing, and the shaking indicated that he was gearing up to throw a punch at me, but part of him was holding back due to the consequences of doing so -- namely getting arrested. I was getting ready in my head to block his punch and defend myself if necessary.

"You... you.... need to show respect to employees here!!!", he yelled at me through clenched teeth. "You think you can just talk down to these people..."

"I show respect to everyone who deserves respect," I responded. "This cashier was being very disrespectful to me first, and that's why I didn't show him respect in return. But ask that girl over there... the one who first helped me. I was very respectful to her. And to this manager right here. And to everyone else."

"Yeah I don't want to hear your bullshit," he replied, and then turned around and walked out of the store. I wasn't sure what deescalated it so quickly. He went from shaking and seemingly wanting to throw down inside Target, to turning around and walking out, all within about a 30 second timeframe.

Now I could get back to dealing with the situation at hand.

Continued next post...

Thread Information