Thread: Clark County Fire Department in Las Vegas second to go woke.

Load Metric

Clark County Fire Department in Las Vegas second to go woke.

Electric fire engines are a total failure. And the company that makes them; Rosenbauer (Rosen-broken) has a confirmed history of making cheap fire apparatus on a national level.

Next, the Los Angeles Fire Dept (LAFD) bought one of these EV engines and it was an expensive disaster and failure.

Now, the Clark County Fire Department in Las Vegas has put an ugly Rosen-broken RTX engine in service at one of their busiest locations- Station 18, near the strip. I am guessing this truck will not last long in this busy location as so many runs every day beat up the apparatus. Whether Clark County paid for it or it was a special deal, I do not know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=JDZm4KcFsGk

Note- In the video, the CCFD engine has a California emergency light standard option installed, CVC 25252. This is funny because Nevada people hate any time anything California is copied.

I hope Druff follows this story and when the CCFD EV engine fails like the LAFD unit, it will be interesting.

Last edited by desertrunner; 11-15-2023 at 11:23 PM.

Load Metric
    The LA EV engine-

And when the internal tank broke before ever going into service-

Again, horrible idea coupled with a horrible apparatus maker equals failure.

Druff- Please do this story on the next PFA radio.

Load Metric
    As a former FF/MEDIC this shit makes me laugh my ass off. Its a boondoggle to say the least. Theres been even a couple heated discussions on Facebook in some fire apparatus and other groups about this purchase of E-18 in Clark and the Fiasco of E-82 in LA. These green hugging turds who dont get it claim oh its ok it has diesel backup. Ok then its not even a true EV its a damn hybrid in the end. In reality its still using fossil fuels now isnt it. The truth is a true electric engine is a non starter. They cost more then a standard Pierce Quantum or Seagrave or whichever manufacturer some agency wants to use. Youd need literally double the Engine CO apparatus so 1 could charge while the other is on a call and sure as shit better hope its not some extended scene time. We wont even get into the whole hazmat aspect of EV batteries and what happens if the SOBs overheat and catch fire. Literally this past summer it took Scottsdale and Phoenix Fire over 12k gallons to put out a damn Tesla 3 that caught fire thought it was out and then reignited more then once and oh yeah all that water has to be dammed up and captured due to the heavy metals from the combustion of the battery unlike the much smaller water required to put out even a full involved standard auto fire (usually a single Engine CO) this Tesla fire lead to a full 2A response with Hazmat crews from both cities responding ultimately and major road closures for hours.
    Getting back to to the whole charging thing. Your gonna need some hardcore commerical grade feeds into the station to charge that thing plus since they just happen to be DC powered likely a major transformer to turn say a 480 or 960AC into DC power with output minimum of 250KW (for the record thats literally the minimum of a Tesla SuperCharger in reality you probably need closer to 500KW or 1MW output to charge the battery pack in a fire engine with a much higher capacity need in say an hour max).

Comments

Sanlmar: I found this interesting

OK2: +1

Load Metric
    Damn Jesus, you’re pretty knowledgeable.

Also, the thread title won’t change to “Clark County”, maybe Druff can fix it.

Load Metric
    Good Grief its gotten worse. City on the border of where I live has become idiot #3 in this whole process.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ar...ved-in-gilbert

Load Metric
    I totally forgot about Gilbert. That won’t last long with the AC units running in the summer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No one cares

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    No one cares

Comments

Sanlmar: I found this interesting

OK2: +1

Here's something interesting for you

The Joint Task Force 2 (JTF2) is a highly secretive and elite special operations unit of the Canadian Armed Forces, specializing in counter-terrorism operations, both at home and abroad. Dallas Alexander and his JTF2 Sniper Team were responsible for landing the world's farthest shot, breaking every record before it. We'll dive deep into the changing culture of the military and how Dallas was forced out of the unit for refusing COVID 19 Mask & Vaccine mandates

3hr45m

The world record chad sniper from beaver team 6 would detest you for being an easily spooked and brainwashed faggot

RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Thread Information