Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: INVESTING- Stocks, mutual funds and IRAs

Load Metric
    oh look another thread where desertrunner chooses to larp as something other than a high desert white trash autist and gets totally destroyed.

Comments

desertrunner: Another thread crap from the village idiot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Dude, seriously STFU, I’m sure I know more on the topic than you or the other clown.
    Haha add Dunning-Kruger to cognitive dissonance then. There’s plenty of topics where you know much more than I do (flashlights, pedophilia) but I can assure you I know more about investing and minimizing taxes for the wealthy. I do this for a living buddy.
    I’m actually doubting it. Most experts in any field don’t see the need to publicly attack others, you have no credibility here.

Load Metric

Haha add Dunning-Kruger to cognitive dissonance then. There’s plenty of topics where you know much more than I do (flashlights, pedophilia) but I can assure you I know more about investing and minimizing taxes for the wealthy. I do this for a living buddy.
    I’m actually doubting it. Most experts in any field don’t see the need to publicly attack others, you have no credibility here.

shout out to you effortlessly outing yourself as an expert in literally no field.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Dude, seriously STFU, I’m sure I know more on the topic than you or the other clown.
    My neighbor does taxes for clients of the wealth management team at a major bank

Spend anytime talking to him and you get the distorted feeling every other person in New England is a trust fund kid.

The stories of detached and clueless adults pulling trust fund checks are wild.

Comments

Tellafriend: i believe it

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    This.

Basically buddy stick to your Denny’s, Chuck E. Cheese, Olive Garden, sub shop threads. That’s your wheelhouse.

Or… ask yourself before starting another retarded thread……would Sanlmar, Tyde, Jayjami, Sonatine, (insert forum vet), start this?

Or even better, don’t start any & try commenting on existing threads for a bit. See how that goes.

LOL, sure you do.

Carry on then, every village needs an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My current thoughts and trends-

- I really like Sunoco (SUN) gasoline company.

- I am watching PG&E (energy) in California closely as they are going to raise their rates soon. I just bought some of their stock.

- I would like feedback on Chevron (CVX) company. Their dividend is about 4.15%. Anyone like this company?

I am not a big fan of Tesla, Apple, Microsoft stocks, even though they are performing well, I just cant get into them. My mutual funds are invested in them, so I'm covered there.

Invest in a coffin you moron

no one cares what you eat or think about eating. You're a moron

Silver
    Load Metric

If you had even an ounce of self-awareness that should clue you in as to how terrible of a poster you are on this site. And I couldn’t care less what you think of me buddy.

Load Metric

Interesting, but I dont see a dividend.

Comments

desertrunner: somatine is a fucking moron.

Load Metric
    Posting this because Druff hates T-Mobil and I use them and watching them. This is a good story with some important points.

https://www.investors.com/news/techn...ay/?src=A00220

T-Mobile announced a new $15 billion stock buyback through 2024 at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia and Technology Conference on Sept. 6. That follows a $14 billion buyback authorized last year. In addition, T-Mobile announced a new $3 billion annual dividend.

Load Metric
    More T-Mobile because Druff hates this company. But I have them as my primary phone and watching their stock as I think its going to really take off over time.

This was just published recently-

$1000 Invested In T-Mobile US 10 Years Ago Would Be Worth This Much Today

T-Mobile US ( TMUS ) has outperformed the market over the past 10 years by 9.32% on an annualized basis producing an average annual return of 19.19%. Currently, T-Mobile US ( TMUS ) has a market capitalization of $173.97 billion.

Buying $1000 In TMUS: If an investor had bought $1000 of TMUS stock 10 years ago, it would be worth $5,654.16 today based on a price of $150.43 for TMUS at the time of writing.

https://www.fidelity.com/news/articl...LLNGTH36052332

Druff- You really need to start monitoring the market and following these trends as I want to hear what you're going to recommend next. Poker is nice, but stocks and mutual funds are the better long term bet.

Load Metric

INVESTING- Stocks, mutual funds and IRAs

And T-Mobile stock keeps going up, I should have bought 4 days ago, didn’t and lost put on the lower price. Just bought 2 shares today as it looks like a good long term hold. I also told Druff to buy days ago as well. We both should have jumped in at $155.

Load Metric
    Beware companies that can find no other use for cash except to buy their own stock at lofty prices. Investing in manufacturing, infrastructure, acquisition, etc. etc.

It is generally a sign of a market top when many companies embark on stock buybacks.

There have been very few exceptions that have not subsequently cratered.

There is so much happening right now that examining T-Mobile as a short candidate is not worthwhile to me

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: legit laughed

Load Metric
    Sanlmar: tax savings on $7k for the win lulz
    A correction is a Roth IRA max contribution is $7500 a year. But I dont see the joke here if you put away atleast 10 years of a maxed out Roth IRA making anywhere from 10-17% and then turn 59.6 and collect a monthly dividend tax free at 5-6% for life while preserving your capitol. This is not something I just randomly made up, it consulted a trusted financial expert. But I am already retired (I same semi retired) at age 53 and Druff can confirm this. I like having an additional tax free retirement income when older, but that's just me.

And Sanlmar, youre the confirmed village idiot here. Dont worry, no one is taking you serious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

There is so much happening right now that examining T-Mobile as a short candidate is not worthwhile to me
    I am looking at TMUS as a long term investment.

Load Metric
    Sanlmar: tax savings on $7k for the win lulz
    A correction is a Roth IRA max contribution is $7500 a year. But I dont see the joke here if you put away atleast 10 years of a maxed out Roth IRA making anywhere from 10-17% and then turn 59.6 and collect a monthly dividend tax free at 5-6% for life while preserving your capitol. This is not something I just randomly made up, it consulted a trusted financial expert. But I am already retired (I same semi retired) at age 53 and Druff can confirm this. I like having an additional tax free retirement income when older, but that's just me.

And Sanlmar, youre the confirmed village idiot here. Dont worry, no one is taking you serious.
    If you have a financial expert projecting 10-17% annually make sure to have Druff write down his license number for you

Comments

desertrunner: This topic is obvioulsy not for you.

Sheesfaced: Offset

Load Metric

If you have a financial expert projecting 10-17% annually make sure to have Druff write down his license number for you
    im gonna make a separate thread on roth ira

Load Metric

I never said this, thats your poor reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

im gonna make a separate thread on roth ira
    There already is one up, just add to it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If you can get 10% average, invest $25k at age 25, you’ll have $1M at 62 ish.

Easy game.

Comments

desertrunner: Any mutua funds you like?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    If you can get 10% average, invest $25k at age 25, you’ll have $1M at 62 ish.

Easy game.

I don’t bother much with mutual funds, just have one that mirrors the S&P 500 for Roth IRA and the fidelity junk through 401k at work.

The other Roth is self directed in growth stocks and some JEPI ETF, using JEPI as a mini hedge for when the growth stuff stinks it up.at least JEPI will generate income that gets reinvested. It will be a trade off when the growth stuff is going up but as I get near retirement age my risk averse nature is waning.

Comments

desertrunner: Good stuff, thanks.

Thread Information