Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: INVESTING- Stocks, mutual funds and IRAs

  1. #81
    Flashlight Master desertrunner's Avatar
    Reputation
    104
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,238
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

    Itís in my gambling account in case it goes meme. I mostly have dividend and qqq for retirement.

    I do love selling covered calls for disposable income.
    What is qqq?

    Also, I do like following Sunoco (SUN) gas stock, It is in my Tier 2 ranking and returning about 6.5% Watching them, they seem like a long term winner.

    Im still watching Verizon (VZ) and curious how they are going to pan out. I am hoping Druff starts watching them and then advises me down the line on what he thinks.

    A female friend likes AMD stock, I would like to follow it when I get a chance, but seems too volatile.

  2. #82
    Silver
    Reputation
    53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    688
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

    Itís in my gambling account in case it goes meme. I mostly have dividend and qqq for retirement.

    I do love selling covered calls for disposable income.
    What is qqq?

    Also, I do like following Sunoco (SUN) gas stock, It is in my Tier 2 ranking and returning about 6.5% Watching them, they seem like a long term winner.

    Im still watching Verizon (VZ) and curious how they are going to pan out. I am hoping Druff starts watching them and then advises me down the line on what he thinks.

    A female friend likes AMD stock, I would like to follow it when I get a chance, but seems too volatile.
    Invesco QQQ is the NASDAQ ETF. It's just like the SPY for the S&P. The QQQ is a little more volatile b/c it holds a lot of tech but the top 10 holdings of the QQQ and SPY are a lot alike. MSFT, Apple, Nvidia, Amazon, Meta, Costco, Tesla, Alphabet ect...

    If you are relatively new to investing it's very hard to beat QQQ or SPY by picking individual stocks. If you follow W.Buffet he says this a lot. He even recently advised to by the spy vs Berkshire.

    I have a few hundo shares of VZ and still don't know about it. It pays a nice dividend but I like a little growth with that amount of risk.

    Some of my top holding now beside QQQ are Msft, LMT, JNJ, Pepsi, KO, XOM, Amgen, Ni, CSX, UNH. These are old man stocks.

    I like AMD but it can be volatile.

    I sell a lot of covered calls off QQQ. It keeps me active without going crazy.

     
    Comments
      
      desertrunner:

  3. #83
    Plutonium sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    7388
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,545
    Load Metric
    70784501
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  4. #84
    Flashlight Master desertrunner's Avatar
    Reputation
    104
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,238
    Load Metric
    70784501
    [QUOTE=Goodpoop;1119899]
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post


    I have a few hundo shares of VZ and still don't know about it. It pays a nice dividend but I like a little growth with that amount of risk.

    Some of my top holding now beside QQQ are Msft, LMT, JNJ, Pepsi, KO, XOM, Amgen, Ni, CSX, UNH. These are old man stocks.

    I like AMD but it can be volatile.
    Ahh, two that I like and follow- XOM and VZ.

    Thanks for the info on all of the other stuff. I have been a very small and conservative investor for a long time. I know Druff is working on some stuff and I want to follow him as it will be interesting.

     
    Comments
      
      splitthis: Wat no tine? Lol.

  5. #85
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    4341
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,339
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    I sell a lot of covered calls off QQQ. It keeps me active without going crazy.
    The world is/was selling puts for income. Market never goes down. There are idiot income etfs that do this for you. Make a little income in what seems like guaranteed risk free income.

    0 days to expiration options and all kinds of ploppie extremism

    Until it blows up. Some kind of gamma squeeze. And people die.

    Oh wait, Iím late with the news

  6. #86
    Silver
    Reputation
    53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    688
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    I sell a lot of covered calls off QQQ. It keeps me active without going crazy.
    The world is/was selling puts for income. Market never goes down. There are idiot income etfs that do this for you. Make a little income in what seems like guaranteed risk free income.

    0 days to expiration options and all kinds of ploppie extremism

    Until it blows up. Some kind of gamma squeeze. And people die.

    Oh wait, Iím late with the news
    Iíve sold puts but prefer selling calls. Selling puts on Qqq or spy has a lot less risk. The yield max funds are hilarious.

    0 DTE are when you canít make it to the craps table.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: goody knows

  7. #87
    Flashlight Master desertrunner's Avatar
    Reputation
    104
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,238
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

    I have a few hundo shares of VZ and still don't know about it. It pays a nice dividend but I like a little growth with that amount of risk.

    Some of my top holding now beside QQQ are Msft, LMT, JNJ, Pepsi, KO, XOM, Amgen, Ni, CSX, UNH. These are old man stocks.
    Can you please get more specific on XOM and VZ? How long have you had them, why do you like them and are they a long term hold. Do you feel strong on both of them?

    Thank you for answering me on this, I'd really like to hear what you think on them.

  8. #88
    Silver
    Reputation
    53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    688
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

    I have a few hundo shares of VZ and still don't know about it. It pays a nice dividend but I like a little growth with that amount of risk.

    Some of my top holding now beside QQQ are Msft, LMT, JNJ, Pepsi, KO, XOM, Amgen, Ni, CSX, UNH. These are old man stocks.
    Can you please get more specific on XOM and VZ? How long have you had them, why do you like them and are they a long term hold. Do you feel strong on both of them?

    Thank you for answering me on this, I'd really like to hear what you think on them.
    I bought XOM end of last year. I think around 100 per share. I didnít have any oil stocks and xom is a dividend king. Probably not the greatest growth but solid with it 3% dividend. I just looked I guess Iím up 20%

    Iíve had VZ for a long time so Iím down. The 6.5% is nice but Iím not thrilled with the company. A lot of competition.

    If you like energy look at Ni. Electric and gas. It pays 3.7% dividend and I believe has a lot of growth potential. I got a Merrill Lynch guy that likes it but had it before him.

    Of course I like QQQ and itís down 5% this week. Probably should buy more now.

    When is Druff going to comment?

     
    Comments
      
      desertrunner: Thank you!!

  9. #89
    Flashlight Master desertrunner's Avatar
    Reputation
    104
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,238
    Load Metric
    70784501
    Over this thread, Iíve asked about and addresses Verizon stock. Suddenly, CalPERS (Druff can confirm Iím a member) dumps all of their Verizon stock and I am curious. As I have said many times here, why is Verizon such a wild card and I still donít know.

    Druff- Any insight?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Meme Stocks
    By rum dick in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2021, 09:20 PM
  2. Stocks
    By Drawingdead in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2020, 08:08 AM
  3. Investing in Options
    By Goodpoop in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-30-2020, 04:01 PM
  4. Energy stocks?
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 09:07 PM
  5. Day Trading Stocks
    By Tony in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 03:37 PM