Thread: John Tyler, born 1790, has a living grandson alive today

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

John Tyler, born 1790, has a living grandson alive today

John Tyler, who replaced William Henry Harrison as President when Harrison died just a month into his term, was born in 1790. George Washington was President at the time.

Tyler was the nation's 10th President, serving from 1841 to 1845.

His wife died young, so he remarried a much younger woman, and fathered children into his 60s. Lyon Gardiner Tyler was born in 1853, while his father John was 63.

Following in his dad's footsteps, Lyon also found himself widowed, and also married a much younger woman.

He had two children with this woman -- Lyon Jr, and Harrison. Harrison was born in 1929, when Lyon was 75.

Harrison Tyler, now 94, is still alive. It is believed he has the earliest born grandfather of living people in the US. John Tyler was born 243 years ago.

This is similar to what I posted awhile back about Huguette Clark, the daughter of William Clark, for whom Clark County, Nevada is named.

Huguette was alive as recently as 2011. Her dad William was born in 1839 -- at the time the earliest-born parent of a living person in the US.

It's not a coincidence that both of these people have prominent relatives. It's much more likely for a famous/powerful man to get a childbearing-age wife once he's over 60, than it is for regular guys, even back in the 1800s.

Load Metric
    NERD ALERT

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    John Tyler, who replaced William Henry Harrison as President when Harrison died just a month into his term, was born in 1790. George Washington was President at the time.

His wife died young, so he remarried a much younger woman, and fathered children into his 60s. Lyon Gardiner Tyler was born in 1853, while his father John was 63.

Following in his dad's footsteps, Lyon also found himself widowed, and also married a much younger woman.

He had two children with this woman -- Lyon Jr, and Harrison. Harrison was born in 1929, when Lyon was 75.

Harrison Tyler, now 94, is still alive. It is believed he has the earliest born grandfather of living people in the US. John Tyler was born 243 years ago.

This is similar to what I posted awhile back about Huguette Clark, the daughter of William Clark, for whom Clark County, Nevada is named.

Huguette was alive as recently as 2011. Her dad William was born in 1839 -- at the time the earliest-born parent of a living person in the US.

It's not a coincidence that both of these people have prominent relatives. It's much more likely for a famous/powerful man to get a childbearing-age wife once he's over 60, than it is for regular guys, even back in the 1800s.
    Speaking of Huguette Clarke, she had an estate in Montecito that she had not visited in over 50 years but it was meticulously maintained. Upon her death it was given to a
    charitable organization and being turned into a museum. Currently only very limited docent led tours are available. It is called Bellosguardo. To go on a tour you must register as a supporter and they will e-mail you when there are openings. The tours are $100 per person.

Name:  FD36B40F-C68B-482F-B2F9-45AC8321A59A.jpeg
Views: 182
Size:  2.46 MB

Load Metric
    need you to name a pizza after her if you have any balls maybe white clams
    ?

Load Metric
    the young haguette get it done fatso

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

John Tyler is more like Harrison Tyler's Great Great Grandson, not just his Grandson. A Grandson would be if Harrison was the Son of John's Daughter or Son.
    People paid thousands of dollars for the Fyre Festival only to end up living like Refugees! I feel sorry for them! How could anyone NOT feel sorry for them?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of my father's grandmothers was born in 1863. She was already dead when he was born. The unusual thing here was that none of this had to do with a male ancestor marrying a younger woman. Both he and his mom were born to older mothers, being the last child born to each. This pattern broke with me, as my dad was in his late 20s when I was born.

Load Metric
    I found this amazing when I read it, but after thinking about it the math made sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-viola-jackson

“ Helen Viola Jackson’s 1936 marriage to James Bolin was unusual to say the least: he was 93 and in declining health, and she was a 17-year-old schoolgirl.

Bolin was also a civil war veteran who fought for the Union in the border state of Missouri. Jackson was almost certainly the last remaining widow of a civil war soldier when she died on 16 December at a nursing home in Marshfield, Missouri. She was 101.”

Thread Information