Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Envy laptop keyboard failing, is the computer fucked?

Load Metric
    Yes, it's fucked.

Stop being a cheap Jew and buy a new computer.

For the record, Dell is better than HP.

Load Metric
    Druff you're rich, why yuu messing with this junk? Donate all those craptacular laptop etc and get the latest Apple everything.
    Be sure to keep those Apple products current. The second a new Apple product becomes available, order it.

You've made it, no need to worry about the small things.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks for all the useful responses, guys.

I knew I could count on all of you.

Comments

Pablo: no problem

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It’s not that difficult Todd

buy wireless or USB external keyboard for like 30 bucks

problem solved

or if that solution is beneath you, drive to Best Buy and purchase new laptop

why in the world would you want to start fucking around with ‘fixing’ a laptop keyboard in the first place

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

It’s not that difficult Todd

buy wireless or USB external keyboard for like 30 bucks

problem solved

or if that solution is beneath you, drive to Best Buy and purchase new laptop

why in the world would you want to start fucking around with ‘fixing’ a laptop keyboard in the first place
    Because the laptop works perfectly otherwise, and it is only 18 months old (since it was completely replaced in April 2022).

Using an external keyboard on a laptop is awful. Nobody would make a long term solution out of that unless they were poor.

I am going to try to talk HP into fixing it free because this problem has happened on every computer I've bought from them. They will probably tell me to eat shit, but it's worth this hail Mary. Otherwise I will probably buy a new one and make this computer into a backup.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way Marty, I would appreciate you finally dropping the absurd "you aren't a programmer" bullshit with me. I have an MS in computer science, and worked as a programmer for 8 years, prior to quitting to play poker full time.

There are a lot of custom modifications on this vBulletin which I wrote myself, some which you can see, and some which you can't. That's why I don't upgrade to vb5 or vb6. Because I will have to redo all of that. If it were just tweaking settings like you claim I did, I would've upgraded ages ago.

Oh, and lol @ thinking I'm on shared Godaddy space. No fucking way. I've been on a VPS the entire way, and I've written my own scripts for it in order to thwart Russian hackings and DDoS attacks.

You are supposedly not trolling me anymore, so if that's true, it's time to stop with that whole lie.

Banned
    Load Metric
    By the way Marty, I would appreciate you finally dropping the absurd "you aren't a programmer" bullshit with me. I have an MS in computer science, and worked as a programmer for 8 years, prior to quitting to play poker full time.

There are a lot of custom modifications on this vBulletin which I wrote myself, some which you can see, and some which you can't. That's why I don't upgrade to vb5 or vb6. Because I will have to redo all of that. If it were just tweaking settings like you claim I did, I would've upgraded ages ago.

Oh, and lol @ thinking I'm on shared Godaddy space. No fucking way. I've been on a VPS the entire way, and I've written my own scripts for it in order to thwart Russian hackings and DDoS attacks.

You are supposedly not trolling me anymore, so if that's true, it's time to stop with that whole lie.
    thats literally the first time I have trolled you since returning here to post and of course I’m not looking to fan any flames

I specifically said I did it out of frustration that your pet Canadian drunk is off the reservation again and you seem oblivious to it

on a related note….

you’re more than welcome to put to rest some of these ridiculous lies told about me that have been getting tossed around at will

some of which came from you directly during my extended hiatus

If that’s not an option, at the very least get your chimp on a leash

Banned
    Load Metric
    oh and come on Todd you know the godaddy line was GOLD

Silver
    Load Metric

I also have an HP Envy with no working delete key… I am just gonna take it in and pay to get it replaced. I like the laptop too much to replace it (runs Linux) with a new machine running some bill gates new world order bullshit I have to delete in order to install a superior OS.

Just pay the $$ to get it fixed??

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I also have an HP Envy with no working delete key… I am just gonna take it in and pay to get it replaced. I like the laptop too much to replace it (runs Linux) with a new machine running some bill gates new world order bullshit I have to delete in order to install a superior OS.

I need to talk to HP but I believe replacing the keyboards is no longer trivial, and requires a full motherboard replacement. If you know otherwise, please tell me.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

I need to talk to HP but I believe replacing the keyboards is no longer trivial, and requires a full motherboard replacement. If you know otherwise, please tell me.

Had a similar issue recently, contacted HP through WhatsApp and they immediately quoted me 500+ EUR, most of the time they will just replace the motherboard like you mentioned.

Load Metric

Linux

Windows is beyond awful and pretty much always has been.

Thread reminds me to blow the dust off the WinTel and sit thru hours of updates.

Old school know about the kludge.

Load Metric
    if the laptop really means that much to you.... contact this guy.... he's based out of NY.... he can fix anything, computer, phone, electronic related... he's probably seen this many times.... and probably has a permanent fix.... probably with some sort of retro or after market keyboard....

https://www.youtube.com/@rossmanngroup/about

Load Metric
    TODGE NOT A PROGRAMMER

Load Metric
    also gay allegedly and not from palos verdes also not even born in the 70s just allegations piling up didnt have a modem?

Load Metric
    Lol Druff still identifying as a programmer from a job 20 years ago due to some sick 'custom mods' lol.

Surely you don't tell people this when they ask?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I've had 2 HP Envys, and both times the hinges that connect the screen to the keyboard have failed. I also have a relative who had the same issue with the hinges. My current laptop is a Lenovo, which is a solid laptop that has more weight to it and doesn't feel so cheap. The Lenovo is going strong after over 2 years w/ zero issues.

Load Metric
    im dropping heat from an all white hp it was like 300 dollars if my daughter spills wine on it i just buy a newone ive literally gone through 3 lap tops in 1.5 year shit even gets slightly gross i throw it out todger we need to discuss your poverty

Load Metric
    literally 3 laptops in a less than 2 years though this kid just spills shit

Load Metric
    i buy zero warrantys

Comments

OK2: Respect

Thread Information