Thread: Dwight Howard - openly gay (former) NBA player?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dwight Howard - openly gay (former) NBA player?

Dwight Howard isn't in the NBA anymore, but there have been rumors for years that he's either gay or bisexual. There were also some strong rumors that he was sleeping with trans women.

Now it's confirmed that he had sex with men. He was sued by another man named Stephen Harper, who claimed that Howard sexually assaulted him in 2021. Interestingly, Howard admitted to having sex with Harper, but said it was consensual! Also, this was apparently part of a male-male-male threesome, so it wasn't just two dudes getting it on by themselves.

Here's a more tabloidish coverage of Dwight Howard and his sex life: https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/...d468b457e.html

Despite his immense basketball talent, many teammates accused Howard of being too laid back, not aggressive enough, and not driven enough to win. While this would be perhaps assuming too much due to stereotypes, I wonder if Howard being gay might have contributed to that. In general, it has been observed that many gay men are more emotional and less aggressive than the typical straight man, whereas gay women are often less emotional and more aggressive than the typical straight woman. This would actually make sense if being gay is part of a person at birth, rather than learned behavior, which I believe to mostly be the case.

Anyway, there's now no question that Howard is at least bisexual. The question is if he's fully gay. Note that he does have several kids with several different women, but his promiscuous hetero sex life might have been a form of self-coping, as male homosexuality has never been well accepted in black culture, especially in the NBA. I have known a number of women throughout my life who were married to gay men in denial, and these men eventually came out and left them.

Comments

NickyPipes: Hater of the gays

1marley1: awful

Gold
    Load Metric
    “Dwight Howard was not driven to win because he is gay”

Dan Todd Druff

Banned
    Load Metric
    what is the deal with your obsession with the sexuality of others ?

not ‘trolling’ but I lost count how many threads you’ve started over the years pointing fingers at the sexual preferences of countless poker players and celebrities, athletes etc

When push comes to shove, if someone wants to stick live hamsters up their ass or get off on some weird quirky fetish or suck on a big black dick…who really gives a shit

I seem to recall not too long ago you were crucified for this brand of commentary so severely, it forced you to do the unthinkable…

(gasp) apologize

I would think you would have learned your lesson after the last one

honestly confused why you even care

objectively speaking purely from a spectators vantage point, it makes you come off as extremely insecure or even confused about your own sexuality when you are constantly calling out others for their ‘gayness’ or whatever the fuck ever

Banned
    Load Metric
    that said…

Nicky Pipes apparently likes to get naked in saunas with other dudes

so yea thats pretty gay

Name:  11889170-1058-46BA-9631-91312217AE70.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  113.9 KB

Comments

NickyPipes: Katoy lover

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Dan Todd Druff
    I didn't say that, and you know it.

I said that Howard's aggressiveness has long been questioned (many years before the gay rumors started), and given the wide belief that gay men are generally less aggressive than straight men, it's an interesting correlation.

What's with the politically correct schtick all of a sudden? Seems like every time people question you on this forum, you revert to accusing everyone of being racist or homophobic.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: ++++++++++

NickyPipes: Homophobic guy

splitthis: Offset faggot lover

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

not ‘trolling’ but I lost count how many threads you’ve started over the years pointing fingers at the sexual preferences of countless poker players and celebrities, athletes etc

When push comes to shove, if someone wants to stick live hamsters up their ass or get off on some weird quirky fetish or suck on a big black dick…who really gives a shit

I seem to recall not too long ago you were crucified for this brand of commentary so severely, it forced you to do the unthinkable…

(gasp) apologize

objectively speaking purely from a spectators vantage point, it makes you come off as extremely insecure or even confused about your own sexuality when you are constantly calling out others for their ‘gayness’ or whatever the fuck ever
    I don't think you follow sports much, but how many openly gay major pro athletes can you name?

Are there any in MLB? NFL? NHL? NBA?

I don't know of any, aside from a few minor former players who came out after their careers were over. That's not because they're all straight. It's because there's still a culture in major sports where gay men aren't really accepted in the locker room.

Howard is no longer in the NBA, but he's still playing pro basketball, and he was a major star. He's the biggest male sports star (former or current) to admit to being gay/bi. That's why this is a big deal, not because Howard has gay threesomes on the downlow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dwight Howard isn't in the NBA anymore, but there have been rumors for years that he's either gay or bisexual. There were also some strong rumors that he was sleeping with trans women.

Now it's confirmed that he had sex with men. He was sued by another man named Stephen Harper, who claimed that Howard sexually assaulted him in 2021. Interestingly, Howard admitted to having sex with Harper, but said it was consensual! Also, this was apparently part of a male-male-male threesome, so it wasn't just two dudes getting it on by themselves.

Here's a more tabloidish coverage of Dwight Howard and his sex life: https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/...d468b457e.html

Despite his immense basketball talent, many teammates accused Howard of being too laid back, not aggressive enough, and not driven enough to win. While this would be perhaps assuming too much due to stereotypes, I wonder if Howard being gay might have contributed to that. In general, it has been observed that many gay men are more emotional and less aggressive than the typical straight man, whereas gay women are often less emotional and more aggressive than the typical straight woman. This would actually make sense if being gay is part of a person at birth, rather than learned behavior, which I believe to mostly be the case.

Anyway, there's now no question that Howard is at least bisexual. The question is if he's fully gay. Note that he does have several kids with several different women, but his promiscuous hetero sex life might have been a form of self-coping, as male homosexuality has never been well accepted in black culture, especially in the NBA. I have known a number of women throughout my life who were married to gay men in denial, and these men eventually came out and left them.
    Lol what a gout-riddled troglodyte.

Howard was a perennial first team all NBA, DPOY whom everyone always hated because he was a clown. Having 5 kids with 5 different women is fucking nuts.

This remains hilarious:

Name:  now-this-is-going-to-be-fun-2012-13-nba-basketball-preview-october-29-2012-sports-illustrated-co.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  222.9 KB

This team (+Kobe and Pau) was considered a mortal lock to run through the league, led by Dwight who was then right at his peak. Didn't work out.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

So by that logic, can we assume that jew's are not athletic because of the low number of Jewish athletes in American sports?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Howard was long seen as a highly talented player who was excellent, yet lacked the aggressiveness and winning drive to lead teams to championships.

In his long career, he only won one championship -- 2020, where he was a roleplayer by that point.

This was despite the fact that he was an All Star for 8 consecutive years, and was selected to the All NBA First Team for 5 years.

I knew that Howard was not the solution for the 2012-13 Lakers, and indeed it was a highly disappointing team. The fact that they believed ancient Steve Nash could be a major piece was also lol.

Go read the complaints about Howard at the time -- "not intense enough", "not aggressive enough", "not driven enough", "not serious enough". This was a case of a really good player who showed up, played really well at his peak (especially on defense), but just didn't have the internal fire to bring home championships. In the NBA, you really need that in your star players.

He will be a Hall of Famer, but his legacy would have been substantially better had he approached the game with a different attitude.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Dan Todd Druff
    I didn't say that, and you know it.

I said that Howard's aggressiveness has long been questioned (many years before the gay rumors started), and given the wide belief that gay men are generally less aggressive than straight men, it's an interesting correlation.

What's with the politically correct schtick all of a sudden? Seems like every time people question you on this forum, you revert to accusing everyone of being racist or homophobic.
    Sorry Druff not everyone is a fan of your outright homophobia and use of the N Word

Load Metric

(gasp) apologize

I don't think you follow sports much, but how many openly gay major pro athletes can you name?

Are there any in MLB? NFL? NHL? NBA?

I don't know of any, aside from a few minor former players who came out after their careers were over. That's not because they're all straight. It's because there's still a culture in major sports where gay men aren't really accepted in the locker room.

Howard is no longer in the NBA, but he's still playing pro basketball, and he was a major star. He's the biggest male sports star (former or current) to admit to being gay/bi. That's why this is a big deal, not because Howard has gay threesomes on the downlow.
    Carl Nassib in NFL a few years ago, while being a guy getting a fair amount of snaps. Just retired.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an old 2014 article where Kobe Bryant (no longer Howard's teammate) called Howard "soft" while on the court against the Rockets, Howard's new team: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ream-otherwise

Kobe was an intense player who was extremely driven to win. The opposite of Dwight Howard. Kobe had his own set of faults -- namely selfishness and inability to get along with teammates -- but nobody could question his effort, clutch ability in big spots, or desire to win. Kobe was a true champion, even in spite of his personality flaws.

Platinum
    Load Metric

(gasp) apologize

The hamster probably gives a shit. RIP Winnie, take those memories to your grave.

Load Metric

Anyway, there's now no question that Howard is at least bisexual.

Hey Gringo,

There is no such thing as Bi-Sexual. You either SUCK DICK, or you DO NOT SUCK DICK. - Andrew Dice Clay.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Really?, it's hate. Everything you don't care about or at least say as much.
    Gays, women, black, Hispanic, trans, ERA thread, (half the population?) people with money, people with an education.

hypo crtical
    no back up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Gays, women, black, Hispanic, trans, ERA thread, (half the population?) people with money, people with an education.

hypo crtical
    no back up
    I don't understand this drunken nonsense, but contrary to what you believe, it doesn't bother me to see gays in major sports. I've known the entire time that it's statistically impossible for there to be many hundreds of players in the league and all being straight.

Dwight Howard is the most major US sports star to come out as gay/bi. He hasn't officially labeled himself, but he has admitted to having a threesome with two dudes (and no women present), so that pretty much seals it.

Comments

country978: they called the 3rd dude 'kitty'

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;1102186]

[QUOTE=limitles;1102174]Really?, it's hate. Everything you don't care about or at least say as much.

hypo crtical
    no back up
    Why does it bother you? Do consider it a slipper slope, an unstoppable condition? People fuck up every day no matter what their position it doesn't even matter
    Are you suggesting the NBA is covering up a homosexual cabal?

WHO FUCKING CARES?

[/QUOTE=limitles;1102174]

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;1102186]

hypo crtical
    no back up
    Why does it bother you? Do consider it a slipper slope, an unstoppable condition? People fuck up every day no matter what their position it doesn't even matter
    Are you suggesting the NBA is covering up a homosexual cabal?

WHO FUCKING CARES?
    =limitles;1102174]

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

hypo crtical
    no back up
    I don't understand this drunken nonsense, but contrary to what you believe, it doesn't bother me to see gays in major sports. I've known the entire time that it's statistically impossible for there to be many hundreds of players in the league and all being straight.

Dwight Howard is the most major US sports star to come out as gay/bi. He hasn't officially labeled himself, but he has admitted to having a threesome with two dudes (and no women present), so that pretty much seals it.

For someone who does not give a shit about a topic you spent too much on a topic that means nothing

.onew who doesn't at you've made pretty and fuss for no reason

Thread Information