View Poll Results: Are you getting a Covid Shot in 2023 / 2024?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, don't want to risk ending up on a ventilator

3 13.64%
  • No, Covid is no longer an issue unless you are old or sick

16 72.73%
  • I'll wait and see if there is a big Covid wave this winter

3 13.64%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you getting a Covid Shot in 2023 / 2024?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    LegalizeMeth: its not that serious bro

im actually warming to this opinion.

still getting my shot because i simply dont attribute any meaningful risk to it.

no doubt, just saying that even if you get it its not much worse than a bad cold

Comments

sonatine: yeah seeing more and more reports like this

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fellas let’s be honest

If you get the shot you’re a pussy

Nicky Pipes say: Just say no the the Vax

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    I took 2 shots in April, 2021 after basically having them forced on me by doctors and my own family. Also, Druff said something like 'if you're over 40 and not taking the shots, you're dumb.' I don't necessarily regret taking them because nothing much happened but there will never be a 3rd covid shot going into me.

Recently, I had a CVS employee recommend one to me at the drive through to which I responded that I was neither dumb nor crazy but thanks anyway. When my PCP recommended a booster to me I asked if it stops infection or transmission and that pretty much ended to conversation.

I still resent what happened during covid, especially to most of the kids who live in this country. All the lies and greed. The child abuse. The manipulation. The entire field of medicine falling into line.

Initially, we were all told the vaccine would end the pandemic; that if you take 2 shots its all over and you can resume life as normal. That the shots would stop the virus. Now, the manipulation from Pfizer et all is the shots will prevent death, hospitalization and serious illness. I'm just not willing to take the word of liars. I might've already had covid multiple times but I'll never know because aside from 1 test in 2022 that was also forced on me I've never been tested.

I've taken 1 flu shot in my life - also forced onto me by doctors in 2019. I stopped paying attention to covid a long time ago.

I'm glad folks like Bart and Sonatine haven't had adverse effects from taking so many of these shots. I wouldn't want to see anything happen to them or anyone and respect those choices because they're personal to them. Respecting the choices of others is how this should have always been handled. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

The important thing to realize is that 2020-21 COVID (original, Delta) was VERY different than 2022-23 COVID (Omicron).

Prior to 2022, COVID was killing middle-aged people (I personally knew several), and permanently damaging many others.

After Omicron took over in early 2022, that stopped. The danger to middle-aged people fell to virtually zero, and even semi-elderly people were in much less danger than before.

I always saw the vaccine as a math equation. The vaccine had its risks, and anyone who denied that wasn't being honest.

I saw the COVID risk to me -- as a 49-year-old with high blood pressure -- to be much greater than the vaccine risk. Was there a chance the vaccine would be much more harmful to you than COVID would have been? Yes, but if you were middle-aged in 2020-21, it was far more likely that COVID would harm you than the vaccine.

I do not regret the COVID shots I took in 2021 -- the two initial ones in the spring, and the booster in October, 3 weeks before my visit to WSOP.

I do regret the one I took in 2022, as I knew Omicron was not really a danger to me, and I took the vaccine anyway, hoping it would hold COVID away from me during the '22 WSOP. I got COVID anyway, so the one reason I took the vaccine was out the window. It's possible my mild case was due to just having had the vaccine, but it's also possible my high Vitamin D intake at the time was more responsible for that.

In any case, I'm done with the COVID vaccine forever, except if a fluke occurs and COVID somehow transforms back to the more dangerous version we saw in 2020-21. This is not expected to happen, as viruses rarely mutate to being more dangerous after they've already mutated to become less dangerous. In general, viruses mutate to become milder so their hosts can more easily transmit them. You can't transmit if you're dead, and you will not transmit to many people if you are lying in bed all day. Viruses do their best when people are healthy enough to walk around transmitting them in public.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    For the past four weeks I've been giving vaccinations at a hospital in Northern California. Flu shots are manditory for employees and COVID shots are available but optional. Of the 1000+ employees who have come in so far, about 2/3d's have opted to get the COVID shot as well as the mandated flu shot.
    These are highly educated and skilled people who are aware of what's going on in the world. As of 10/26/22 rates of reported COVID infection are steadily rising in NOCAL. Beginning November 1st several counties are restarting masking requirements for indoor activities.
    Here are a few interesting facts:
    The vast majority of employees I've seen are under 60. (If you are over 60 you get a high dose shot.)
    About half who get the COVID shot get it on the same day as the flu shot. The other half want to wait at least a day between shots.
    Most who get them both at once want them in the same arm. Some want one in each.
    only a very few seem to resent that they are required to get a flu shot to work there.
    This hospital is in one of the most affluent and expensive areas in NOCAL. (I couldn't afford to live there!) I don't know if that means anything.
    It's been an interesting experience!

Comments

OK2: Stab yourself in the neck

Banned
    Load Metric
    At the height of the scamdemic when the streets were abandoned and the entire world was on lockdown, I was the one rolling with NO MASK (unless mandated by law)

NEVER VACCINATED

NEVER ‘BOOSTED’

but most importantly NEVER GOT COVID

I like being smart

also important to note that when I was still shipping, I had to take an incredibly thorough physical annually and had a vaccine ‘yellow card’ which was necessary for any overseas travel

I gladly accepted my shots for yellow fever, typhoid etc etc there are a bunch of others

why ?

because they were PROVEN through years and years of peer studies and didn’t need a massive radio/television/billboard/merchandising advertising blitz to sell their effectiveness

It amazes me how the entire global population was so easily duped by fear tactics and mob mentality paranoia and happily wore that stupid fucking mask (and still do lol) even after the CDC came right out and stated they were/are useless

Once again my instincts were SPOT ON and I just watched all the LEMMINGS like Bart Hanson and Ike Haxton and the rest of the gullible dumbasses buy into the big lie without even putting up a fight

the very worst part of the scamdemic were the failed policies imposed on the masses which were derived from fudged data

the 24 hour ‘death ticker’ on CNN that mysteriously disappeared right after the election

the cancelling or de-platforming those that proposed alternative treatment such as Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, or natural immunity

Sometimes I just sit back slack jawed at just how dumb people really are, and how effortlessly the vast majority of the American population were duped

not to mention how easily most people just gave away our civil liberties with very little (if any) resistance

I can go on for DAYS about this lab engineered ‘virus’ that crippled the global economy and did more damage to this country than we can even imagine

Name:  2BC454FA-E2E0-4056-8CC4-80692837F902.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  88.4 KB

Comments

Orko: Next time wear a mask jackass, lucky you didn't get somebody killed.

1dollarboxcar: offset

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  C976D69C-4303-466F-9B7F-E0A5B7E910C0.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  292.6 KB

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

OK2: How about let's drag you behind a car and we will call it even Scott you shit for brains soft ass faggot

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I won’t unless some stronger variant emerges. I finally got Covid around March of last year. It was extraordinarily mild and nothing like my peers experiences in 20/21. It wasn’t even a moderate cold. It was a mild annoyance for a few days .

I also had zero side effects from shot and boosters, so I wouldn’t hesitate at even the slightest uptick in some serious strain, but don’t see the point now. Honestly I hadn’t even thought of it. Like if I was somewhere with no line and had 15 minutes. I may get it. I wouldn’t make an appt though at this point. I find the notion the vaccination is dangerous nonsensical, but also the notion Covid is presently dangerous nonsensical
    Yes the notion of danger related to an exceptionally expedited medical intervention with no possible understanding of the long term comprehensive implications delivered rapidly to the majority of the population of the entire world IFR rate of what again? average age of death?

"I also had zero side effects from shot and boosters, so I wouldn’t hesitate"

Nice sample size faggot

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Poor
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post
    For the past four weeks I've been giving vaccinations at a hospital in Northern California. Flu shots are manditory for employees and COVID shots are available but optional. Of the 1000+ employees who have come in so far, about 2/3d's have opted to get the COVID shot as well as the mandated flu shot.
    These are highly educated and skilled people who are aware of what's going on in the world. As of 10/26/22 rates of reported COVID infection are steadily rising in NOCAL. Beginning November 1st several counties are restarting masking requirements for indoor activities.
    The vast majority of employees I've seen are under 60. (If you are over 60 you get a high dose shot.)
    About half who get the COVID shot get it on the same day as the flu shot. The other half want to wait at least a day between shots.
    Most who get them both at once want them in the same arm. Some want one in each.
    only a very few seem to resent that they are required to get a flu shot to work there.
    This hospital is in one of the most affluent and expensive areas in NOCAL. (I couldn't afford to live there!) I don't know if that means anything.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I won’t unless some stronger variant emerges. I finally got Covid around March of last year. It was extraordinarily mild and nothing like my peers experiences in 20/21. It wasn’t even a moderate cold. It was a mild annoyance for a few days .

I also had zero side effects from shot and boosters, so I wouldn’t hesitate at even the slightest uptick in some serious strain, but don’t see the point now. Honestly I hadn’t even thought of it. Like if I was somewhere with no line and had 15 minutes. I may get it. I wouldn’t make an appt though at this point. I find the notion the vaccination is dangerous nonsensical, but also the notion Covid is presently dangerous nonsensical
    Yes the notion of danger related to an exceptionally expedited medical intervention with no possible understanding of the long term comprehensive implications delivered rapidly to the majority of the population of the entire world IFR rate of what again? average age of death?

"I also had zero side effects from shot and boosters, so I wouldn’t hesitate"

Nice sample size faggot
    When the thread asks will YOU get one, I am the sample size you fucking moron. Go post your New Zealand Reddit copy and paste bullshit on some conspiracy site with people who don’t understand basic math.

Comments

OK2: Crying

Banned
    Load Metric
    I was saying the exact same thing since fucking DAY ONE

https://twitter.com/eclipsethis2003/status/1718612350780002683

Load Metric
    Given that I work with tons of medical professionals (many of which in research) and many who are much more intelligent than me, almost certainly will be getting one as no one credible is against it. Lots of evidence Covid causes long term damage. Daughter likely won’t get Covid vax but will get her flu vaccine. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if she did get it though, it’s amazing how many people don’t understand basic odds and probabilities.

Like literally the one guy on my Facebook feed going off about vaccines is literally one of my dumbest friends, barely completed highschool, and went out west to try and find employment to live as a single bum for the last 20 years. Basically guy is angry at the world as he is nearly 40, has no home, no family, no savings, and wants someone to rage at for his failure in life. Rest of people I know (including pro vax)don’t even talk about vaccines much because it’s such a non issue.

FTR it's been nearly 2 years since I was last vaxxed and also always been against lockdowns given damage they do.

Comments

Bilbodoggins: well said. Many very smart people don't talk about it because there;s no controversy. Others feel so threatened they have to lash out TWICE even though I didn't even say if I was getting one.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    No more Covid shots for me.

Spoke with my Doctor the other day about this very issue. He said that they're not seeing much of it in the hospitals these days. It's much more mild than the original strain. He told me since I don't have a compromised immune system or any other pre-existing issue, that it's not for me. Also, I had a very bad reaction to the booster I got, that I should pass. he did tell me to get a Flu shot in November to make it through the season. And I will be getting a shingles shot.
    Actually agree with this. If you had previous bad experience with boosters makes sense to skip.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I read that getting flu bad and Rona vax at the same time is a terrible idea, ups your stroke risk in older adults, not sure where older starts….so Bart is probably ok

Comments

OK2: I read your post and am not sure but you're probably a dumb faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post

How is this a hangable post, guy is merely giving his experiences in the field, it was an interesting read. You are a pretty angry guy. Might want to instagram Dwight Howard and see if he is open to working off some of that hostility for you.

Comments

Bilbodoggins: Thanks. Maybe he thought I was calling him stupid?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

How is this a hangable post, guy is merely giving his experiences in the field, it was an interesting read. You are a pretty angry guy. Might want to instagram Dwight Howard and see if he is open to working off some of that hostility for you.
    You can’t reason with unreasonable people.

Comments

Bilbodoggins: !

OK2: Hurt feelings

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: Potential rofl

Gold
    Load Metric
    Bilbodoggins: Thanks. Maybe he thought I was calling him stupid?

You spelled the word mandatory with an i

I gave you the noose for the part in bold

about 2/3d's have opted to get the COVID shot as well as the mandated flu shot.

These are highly educated and skilled people who are aware of what's going on in the world

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Given that I work with tons of medical professionals (many of which in research) and many who are much more intelligent than me, almost certainly will be getting one as no one credible is against it. Lots of evidence Covid causes long term damage. Daughter likely won’t get Covid vax but will get her flu vaccine. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if she did get it though, it’s amazing how many people don’t understand basic odds and probabilities.

Like literally the one guy on my Facebook feed going off about vaccines is literally one of my dumbest friends, barely completed highschool, and went out west to try and find employment to live as a single bum for the last 20 years. Basically guy is angry at the world as he is nearly 40, has no home, no family, no savings, and wants someone to rage at for his failure in life. Rest of people I know (including pro vax)don’t even talk about vaccines much because it’s such a non issue.

FTR it's been nearly 2 years since I was last vaxxed and also always been against lockdowns given damage they do.

Nobody at all with any credibility is against it?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im getting one monday. ive had a pretty great run and id rather roll the dice with my heart exploding than not being able to taste or think coherently.
    If have and run rolled in the last six weeks you should hit a vet at very lest within a week.

Comments

splitthis: Funny how he chooses taste over death rofl.
    Last edited by limitles; 10-30-2023 at 03:23 AM.

Thread Information