Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Industry Execs: EVs aren't working

Load Metric
    No interest in ever buying a BMW, gas or EV. I’m a Honda and Toyota guy because I like reliability and longevity.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Ha ha...Go woke, go broke.

Hertz is selling 20,000 electric vehicles to buy gasoline cars instead

Hertz, which has made a big push into electric vehicles in recent years, has decided it's time to cut back. The company will sell off a third of its electric fleet, totaling roughly 20,000 vehicles, and use the money it brings to purchase more gasoline-powered vehicles.

Electric vehicles have been hurting Hertz's financials, executives have said, because, despite costing less to maintain, they have higher damage-repair costs and, also, higher depreciation.

"GO WOKE GO BROKE" SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE MUPPET.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Don't listen to the haters. Tesla's are very fun cars to drive. Very fast cars. Get the Model X and you can have them put a traditional steering wheel instead of the weird one. The regenerative braking is easy to get used to, it's like driving a golf cart.

Best place to charge on the way to Vegas is EddieWorld in Yermo. Buffalo Bill's in Primm also has high speed charging stations.
    I did a radio segment partially about EddieWorld but have never stopped there.

I do like driving straight to Vegas with 0 stops sometimes, so a 15 minute stop at EddieWorld might bother me.

I have a family member with a Tesla SUV they don’t use that much, so maybe I will borrow it for like a week and see what I think of it.

Sanlmar, the SUV is a BMW. I’ve run generally well with BMWs as they age, but this SUV has been a huge pain due to the known engine issue. Sadly had I waited like 7 more months and bought a 2016, the problem would’ve been solved.
    EddieWorld is great. Its like a super sized seven eleven with a food court. They have great food there. The navigation in the Tesla will let you know where all the charging stations are at and how many of them are in use and how many are available.

I have driven BMW, Lexus, Honda and Toyota. Tesla doesn't have the luxury like a BMW but the acceleration makes up for it. It is more fun to drive than any gas powered car.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Off his iconic $60k BTC FTX ad here’s Brady humping Hertz/Tesla

Name:  IMG_7572.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  137.2 KB

Load Metric
    DRILL BABY DRILL.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    DRILL BABY DRILL.
    If u live in the east half of your state there might be oil or natural gas under your house. Check for mineral rights in your warranty deed or title. Then contact exploration or production dept of producers in your area.

It might be more common than u know.

Drill indeed baby.

Name:  Pipelines 2019.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  256.4 KB
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools ...

Can't fix stupid

Comments

splitthis: Electric pipe dreams

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Maybe another $200 million will help

https://www.govtech.com/transportati...charging-giant

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The cold weather thing makes sense. I didn't even think about this, but it's definitely a consideration when buying an SUV, as I might want to take it to a place like Mammoth or Tahoe, which can get quite cold sometimes (sometimes below 0, and occaisonally below -10).

When I would go skiing, I would notice my battery on my cell pjone would be absolute shit. I found out that the batteries die quickly in the cold. Funny enough the battery life when skiing would depend upon the position it would sit in my jacket. If it happened to be sitting close to my body, it would be mostly okay because my body heat would keep it warm enough. If it got away from my body just a little bit, it would get substantially colder, and I'd find it dead.

Thread Information