Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mitt Romney manipulated by Atlantic reporter into bashing GOP in new book

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its funny to watch druff turn this place into a right wing drain filter for other communities and then wonder why its not working out.
    Disagree. In the past, he’s let the liberals in here operate and sometimes dominate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Romney destroyed him in the first debate, even Obama conceded this.

Never forget that motorized mick is profoundly gay and retarded.
    There were 3 debates, dumbass.
    Yeah, other two shaded Romney and I was firmly Democrat then. You were led astray by whatever right wing article you're sighting brother, get those tires aligned.

Comments

MumblesBadly: *citing
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Instead the book is a left wing propaganda piece -- basically telling the public that the Republican Party they once liked in 2012 is now dead, but conveniently leaving out how extreme the Democrats have become during the same time period.
    I didn't know Mitt had much to do with the Democratic party so I am confused why you would ever expect this in there?

Mind clarifying?

Load Metric

There were 3 debates, dumbass.
    Yeah, other two shaded Romney and I was firmly Democrat then. You were led astray by whatever right wing article you're sighting brother, get those tires aligned.
    Your reading comprehension is abysmal and you don't know how to spell. I didn't "cite" an article or a quote. I watched all three debates. When Mitt went into being docile while Obama was lecturing him I knew the election was over. It's just very bad optics for a republican to allow a democrat to walk over him like that. Unlike you, conservatives don't like pussies. Romney is almost as big a pussy as you are. You have to get in a libtard bully's face and make him think he's going to get bitch slapped. He'll back off like the slinky coward he is.

Comments

1marley1: ‘Conservatives don’t like pussy’… we know, we know
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

Your reading comprehension is abysmal and you don't know how to spell. I didn't "cite" an article or a quote. I watched all three debates. When Mitt went into being docile while Obama was lecturing him I knew the election was over. It's just very bad optics for a republican to allow a democrat to walk over him like that. Unlike you, conservatives don't like pussies. Romney is almost as big a pussy as you are. You have to get in a libtard bully's face and make him think he's going to get bitch slapped. He'll back off like the slinky coward he is.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The Crimmster is strictly a desert camo scooterian
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Guess that's why Trump just avoids them, better to tuck tail than get humiliated.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Was able to go digging in a closet at my parent house and pulled this historical piece of political paraphernalia out. This was from the 1994 Massachusetts republican state convention when Romney was running as the GOP senatorial candidate. I was the president of the high school young republicans at the time.

Name:  image0000001.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  505.0 KB

Romney went on to win the primary but lost the general to Edward Kennedy. Of course, a decade later Romney won the gubernatorial race in Massachusetts. He was one of the architects in Massachusetts' Health Care Reform law which was the first in the nation to mandate health insurance for all citizens and was used as the blueprint for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), one of the greatest federal bills of the past century. I shake my head looking back at what the republican party was back then and what it has turned into now.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I was a Young Republican in high school and attended a YR conference in Harrford at which Roger Stone gave a speech there as the new President of the YR.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    Was able to go digging in a closet at my parent house and pulled this historical piece of political paraphernalia out. This was from the 1994 Massachusetts republican state convention when Romney was running as the GOP senatorial candidate. I was the president of the high school young republicans at the time.

Romney went on to win the primary but lost the general to Edward Kennedy. Of course, a decade later Romney won the gubernatorial race in Massachusetts. He was one of the architects in Massachusetts' Health Care Reform law which was the first in the nation to mandate health insurance for all citizens and was used as the blueprint for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), one of the greatest federal bills of the past century. I shake my head looking back at what the republican party was back then and what it has turned into now.
    I shake my head at both parties, two headed coin basically….did they ever arrest that cunt that killed your dog?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

The millionaire investment banker and the war hero weren’t real republicans, yet the bone spurs in chief trust fund baby who squandered his fathers fortune and spends his day soaking his Depends and eating Big Macs is the real Republican. You need to get that scooter realigned so it quits going in circles and bashing your head into the wall. Trump was a Dem until he was 60 years old. He’s the RINO considering the definition of Republican has morphed from fiscally responsible conservative to autocratic cult.
    McCain was not a war hero. The 2 jet crashes were due to pilot error. Dude couldn't even drive a lawn mower. His fellow officers in the Hanoi Hilton called him The Canary because he sang like a bird to his captors. He had no choice but to turn down the early release they offered because of who his daddy was. He knew every officer in the United States Military were against accepting early releases. He would have been a pariah.

Trump was never a democrat. He simply played the libtard idiots that control New York City so his real estate development could move forward. Mitt Romney should be bitch slapped every time he uses the phrase "conservative principles." He doesn't have any.

Romney is not running in 2024 because he cooked his own goose with Utah voters. He was polling worse than Jizz Cheney. Those fucking idiots want to blame their woes on Trump. But they did it to themselves by betraying their voting base.
    Prove it. Prove what you said here please

Post some evidence

Load Metric
    The Last Sane Republican

Comments

BartHanson: One of the last great republicans

mickeycrimm: far left wingnut

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

McCain was not a war hero. The 2 jet crashes were due to pilot error. Dude couldn't even drive a lawn mower. His fellow officers in the Hanoi Hilton called him The Canary because he sang like a bird to his captors. He had no choice but to turn down the early release they offered because of who his daddy was. He knew every officer in the United States Military were against accepting early releases. He would have been a pariah.

Trump was never a democrat. He simply played the libtard idiots that control New York City so his real estate development could move forward. Mitt Romney should be bitch slapped every time he uses the phrase "conservative principles." He doesn't have any.

Romney is not running in 2024 because he cooked his own goose with Utah voters. He was polling worse than Jizz Cheney. Those fucking idiots want to blame their woes on Trump. But they did it to themselves by betraying their voting base.
    Prove it. Prove what you said here please

Post some evidence

Trump was a registered Democrat post 2000 with zero doubt. When asked about it, he didn’t run from it, he said:

"It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats....But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disasters under the Republicans."

Mickey doesn’t know anything beyond how to scratch out a meager living driving 300k miles a year to exploit low level slots.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

Yeah, those George W Bush years were great. Got the USA into two wars, imploded the housing market and the financial crisis happened on his watch. Meanwhile under Trump, the economy roared, Putin was not invading countries, inflation was nothing anyone knew about, you could buy a house at 3% not 8%, Hamas was not butchering 1400 civilians, ISIS was destroyed and China was not threatening to obliterate Taiwan. Oh but wait, Trump's tone, his tone. LOL, its why he ahead in just about every poll over the Alzheimer's guy.

Comments

Tellafriend: he also started the $600 stimulus checks to buy flat screens at walmart to fight the terrorists

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Yeah, those George W Bush years were great. Got the USA into two wars, imploded the housing market and the financial crisis happened on his watch. Meanwhile under Trump, the economy roared, Putin was not invading countries, inflation was nothing anyone knew about, you could buy a house at 3% not 8%, Hamas was not butchering 1400 civilians, ISIS was destroyed and China was not threatening to obliterate Taiwan. Oh but wait, Trump's tone, his tone. LOL, its why he ahead in just about every poll over the Alzheimer's guy.
    (Quote clipped, quote-in-quote removed)

Bush wasn't responsible for the financial crisis, nor was he responsible for the fact that we got attacked on 9/11.

Obviously, Operation: Iraqi Freedom, or whatever they called that horseshit, was done on the premise that they had WMD's---which Bush knew to be a lie. Shit, half of America knew it was a lie. And, even if they did have, they either got them from us or from some other country out there that we sold them to in the first place!

Still, the banking/housing crisis was due to the fact that they were going for record numbers on things and weren't lending with any conservativeness whatsoever. If you want to blame Bush to the extent that the financial system wasn't more tightly regulated, I suppose that's fine, but I don't know that it's for the Federal Government to strictly determine how banks do business and am inclined to say it's not.

As far as the, 'Economy roared,' is concerned, I'd guess I'd need to know what metric you're using to make that determination such that it would be roaring under Trump, but not Biden. If you're using the DOW, then the economy is better now, but for the runaway inflation. Of course, the inflation is partially due to the Federal Government just dumping free money on people in 2020-2021, which Trump himself signed off on, to a large extent.

So, whatever you want the current predicament to be, or how you perceive the current state of affairs, Trump is either partially responsible for it, or if I'm charitable, did nothing to stop it.

Of course, many of the states (which tended to be more liberal) doing draconic and quasi-militaristic shutdowns of most, 'Non-essential' businesses had the most do it with it---which wasn't Trump's fault.

As far as current mortgage rates are concerned, that's a function of the, 'Economy doing well,' whether you like it or not. It's cyclical, so I can't imagine the current state of affairs will last forever...it'll last until we decide to quit playing an increasingly worse (for most citizens) game with ever bigger numbers, I guess. Of course, the further we kick the can of inevitability down the road, the bumpier and more pothole-filled the road is going to get. I think it's time that we just take it on the nose and face the inevitability of another recession before the cliff we're jumping from becomes even higher.

As far as foreign affairs goes, I'm simply not qualified to speak to that.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    much of the 2008 banking crisis can be traced back to Senator PHil Graham from Texas and his cohorts. anyway, the government is never the right solution.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Instead the book is a left wing propaganda piece -- basically telling the public that the Republican Party they once liked in 2012 is now dead, but conveniently leaving out how extreme the Democrats have become during the same time period.
    I didn't know Mitt had much to do with the Democratic party so I am confused why you would ever expect this in there?

Mind clarifying?
    Normally it shouldn't.

But if you're going to do a biography with the thesis of, "The GOP Mitt Romney knew ten years ago is dead, and has become an extremist group of crazies and sycophants", then you also have to honestly discuss what's happened to the other side.

Otherwise the reader comes away with the incorrect impression that Democrats have stayed the same, yet Republicans have gone crazy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mitt is the crazy ex-girlfriend who seemingly just wants to hurt the party at this point, because he was rejected and mistreated.

And I don't blame him for being angry. He was indeed mistreated and unfairly vilified as a RINO.

But nobody should be taking him seriously right now, as he's speaking through intense anger, and he chose a mouthpiece who hated him and the GOP back when he ran for President.

The "GOP has changed" narrative is so tiresome. It's changed in personality, not policy.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The GOP now supports the US becoming a fascist Christian Nationalist state, bro!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Mind clarifying?
    Normally it shouldn't.

But if you're going to do a biography with the thesis of, "The GOP Mitt Romney knew ten years ago is dead, and has become an extremist group of crazies and sycophants", then you also have to honestly discuss what's happened to the other side.

Otherwise the reader comes away with the incorrect impression that Democrats have stayed the same, yet Republicans have gone crazy.
    Yeah, whatabout

Comments

mickeycrimm: Yeah, whatabout the whataboutism, sloppy cuck

Load Metric

Normally it shouldn't.

Yeah, whatabout
    Little bit of whatabout detected.

None of us has read the book though… so it’s all just projection

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Normally it shouldn't.

Yeah, whatabout
    You love to say this, but it's more of a matter of honestly framing provocative statements.

You cannot talk about one party changing or becoming extreme without comparing it to what the other party has done. In many ways, they are interconnected. The Democrats have radicalized in part due to a panicked response to the rise of Trumpism.

Romney's book could have been valuable if it explored how both sides of the aisle have changed over the past decade. He could have criticized Trump's outsized influence and control of the party, while also pointing out how the Democrats have gone nuts via their ongoing TDS. Instead, it appears to just be a lot of crying about how mean and nasty the Republican Party was to him, and how awful/extreme they've become.

His choice of a leftist to write his biography was either naive or calculated. I'm still landing on the belief that it was more being fooled into believing this guy understood him and his gripes.

I remember about 30 years ago, a girl who had previously barely talked to me, and whose longtime boyfriend disliked me, suddenly had an interest to talk to me. Why? Because they just had a bitter breakup, and she knew I'd be a sympathetic ear who would validate her complaints about him. And she was right. This is basically the same thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    What type of Lawyer are you exactly?

2. a realistic one

THE CURRENT STATE OF AMERICA'S RULE OF LAW:

Biden-appointed prosecutor ADMITS he declined to prosecute Hunter for tax crimes because he was 'short-staffed'

U.S. Attorney Martin Estrada verified whistleblower claims that he declined to prosecute Hunter Biden on tax crimes

DOJ is accused of politicization during investigation into the president's son

A top Biden-appointed prosecutor verified whistleblower claims that he declined to prosecute Hunter Biden for tax crimes, but bizarrely blamed being 'resource-strapped' as the main reason behind his decision.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-staffed.html

Comments

MumblesBadly: The Daily Mail??? It’s a rightwing rag, FFS!

Thread Information