Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wendy's Is Simply the Best Overall

Load Metric
    $14 and change for this in NJ i was shocked expensive at Wendys

https://twitter.com/djacksonweather/status/1750957870982562163

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    As someone who loves Wendy’s I have to admit they really are overated because of their great social media game. This sort of move though could hurt them beyond repair. Extremely greedy in a market that has already jacked up prices significantly the past 3 years

Comments

Mission146:
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Wendys is getting greedy. They are implementing surging in prices which will mean higher prices when more traffic same concept as Uber. I remember when I used to think 20 was a lot for 3 people now its 40 on avg
    Yeah; it's over. I'll never eat at Wendy's again.

'Surge pricing,' is absolutely fucking ridiculous and is a slap in the face to loyal Wendy's customers everywhere.

With Lyft/Uber, there are a finite number of cars...and while I think the mileage should just be the mileage, I can understand charging more during peak times. I guess it can be called, 'Supply and demand,' even though you're paying more for what, I presume, is worse service...given that you (generally can be presumed to) have to wait longer to be picked up.

I actually consider something like a hotel to be different and believe that's more of a genuine question of supply and demand; there are an absolute finite number of rooms. In many areas, if hotels didn't get the most out of being at (or near) a sellout, then there would not be as many hotels (therefore, fewer rooms in the market) and the market would simply be unable to handle the busiest times of year. In the case of hotels, some of the rooms just sit there and lose money (though the cost basis of an empty room is pretty low, especially if you have individual HVACs in each) during non peak seasons.

But...fast food? Being busy makes the operation more efficient; you can pre-prepare and prepare food in larger quantities and offer the same quality. For example, you can make a ton of fries leading into the lunch rush because you know you're going to sell all of them and nobody gets cold fries. Most, if not all, of your employees are engaged in a revenue-producing activity, that being directly selling food to the customers.

Simply put, being busy makes your cost basis (relative to revenue) lower, not higher. The product (food) is also the exact same thing for everyone and can be presumed not to run out very often; if a store does run out of product, then that's unexpected demand or the person in charge not doing a very good job of ordering. For that reason, unlike hotel rooms, functionally, there shouldn't be a finite amount of food available to potential customers in a given day.

As I understand it, they are investing 20M in new menu boards to facilitate this surge pricing. I have a better idea that will help push profitability---don't spend 20M on new menu boards.

Remember: At BK, you can have it your way.

ADDED: Also, do the employee get, 'Surge' hourly wages?

Comments

Dan Druff:
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Other fast food establishments I have heard are planning to follow suit if Wendys plan pans out. Best deal is costcos 5 dollar barbeque chicken. Hope people stay away once Wendys implements this. Defo employees should get surge in their salaries as well.

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Other fast food establishments I have heard are planning to follow suit if Wendys plan pans out. Best deal is costcos 5 dollar barbeque chicken. Hope people stay away once Wendys implements this. Defo employees should get surge in their salaries as well.
    If it pans out and they all follow suit, then I suppose I'll not eat fast food again. I can't imagine that will prove detrimental to me or my BMI, should that happen.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_0797.jpeg
Views: 363
Size:  112.8 KB

Comments

Mission146:

desertrunner:
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    I actually agree with surge pricing model. It makes sense.

Wish more entertainment venues would consider it.

Comments

Mission146:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wendy's announced they're not doing the surge pricing. I guess there was too much backlash.

Probably wouldn't affect me anyway, as I tend to go there at off times.

Comments

Mission146: Perhaps that will impact the purchasing decisions of others; I'm offended they'd even float such a preposterous thing.

desertrunner: I dont think Wendys does tomatoe on the side?

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_8035.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  993.5 KB

Comments

country978: lol - mcds used to have little paper/aluminum ashtrays at every table

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hairy Chested McDonald's guy has been going around social media.

One popular question has been, "What happened to the rest of his shirt?"

Something I do notice from old '70s and '80s photos of bare chested dudes is that most of them had a lot of chest hair. While I was slow to grow chest hair (I had none at 20, and only a little at 25), I now have about an average amount. Somehow it's not grey yet. So my chest doesn't look smooth, nor does it look like McDonald's dude.

But what was going on in the '70s and '80s? Were only the hairy chested guys taking off their shirts for pics?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Hairy Chested McDonald's guy has been going around social media.

One popular question has been, "What happened to the rest of his shirt?"

Something I do notice from old '70s and '80s photos of bare chested dudes is that most of them had a lot of chest hair. While I was slow to grow chest hair (I had none at 20, and only a little at 25), I now have about an average amount. Somehow it's not grey yet. So my chest doesn't look smooth, nor does it look like McDonald's dude.

But what was going on in the '70s and '80s? Were only the hairy chested guys taking off their shirts for pics?
    The photo is AI. In this instance art is truth.

The best reference is the sign in the back does not read McDonalds.

Country978 pulling up the little aluminum ash trays from the archives. wp.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ah, it's a good AI photo minus the wording in the back not properly reading "McDonald's", and the guy behind this dude having somewhat of a distorted face.

Otherwise, it's a very good depiction of McDonald's food and packaging from the era, as well as the style of the dude featured. I guess the shirt thing was a mistake, as well. Funny how the AI also picked up on the hairy chest thing. I guess it noticed that being the case at the time, as well.

If I were this age in 1989, I'd probably feel like my chest was low on hair, whereas today it feels about average.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's also interesting that these AI picture generators are so good at intricate detail, but they blow simply tasks like proper lettering.

What's even more interesting is that AI fails tend to be similar to the human brain's fails in dreams. It is common in dreams for lettering to be incorrect or distorted, for faces to be distorted, for fingers/toes to be too many or too few, and for dimensions of buildings to be incorrect or nonsensical.

The human brain has an especially hard time reproducing mirrors in dreams. Have you ever seen the correct image back when looking at yourself in the mirror while dreaming? I never have.

Load Metric
    I dont know if this as been covered yet, but I like Wendy's chicken nuggets and their sweet and sour sauce. Chocolate Frosties will always rule too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I dont know if this as been covered yet, but I like Wendy's chicken nuggets and their sweet and sour sauce. Chocolate Frosties will always rule too.
    Yes, the nuggets are the best thing there. They have the best nuggets of all the fast food places, especially the spicy ones.

The best things on the menu at various fast food places:

McDonald's: Fries
    Carl's Jr: Criss-Cut (Waffle) Fries
    Jack in the Box: Curly Fries (probably Smashed Jack when it returns, though)
    In-N-Out: Burgers
    Tommy's: Burgers
    Wendy's: Spicy Chicken Nuggets
    Chik Fil-A: Spicy chicken sandwich

Load Metric
    70 year old high functioning sperg fades the doubters and the odds

US man extends record for most Big Macs eaten in a lifetime to over 34,000
    Don Gorske, 70, becomes one of Guinness World Records’ longest-running holders with intake of two McDonald’s burgers a day

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ord-don-gorske

Comments

BCR: What a truly odd man

Dan Druff: great find

Load Metric
    The baconator fries with melted cheese and bacon are really good

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    70 year old high functioning sperg fades the doubters and the odds

US man extends record for most Big Macs eaten in a lifetime to over 34,000
    Don Gorske, 70, becomes one of Guinness World Records’ longest-running holders with intake of two McDonald’s burgers a day

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ord-don-gorske
    The article is mindblowing. Has kept every container and receipt. He had me googling how many McDonalds are close to me. Seven within 3.4 miles. Like who is heating up a Big Mac in a microwave when there is a McDonalds within a few miles of probably 80% of Americans? If they are this important to his life, is he not living very close to one?

This guy has a wife? That haircut. He had me doing the math. Googling calories. Only 1100 in 2.

Lot to unpack.

Do you have like a garage dedicated to Big Mac containers? I have no idea how much space that takes up, but it’s got to be considerable. It’s kind of a sloppy sandwich. Does this retard rinse cardboard cartons? Wipe them down?

I’m not shocked he’s still living though with physical activity. I’ve seen entire families that just ate garbage all day long. Two Big Macs a day might only be in bottom 30 percentile of Americans diets. I know people who eat fried shit 5 days a week. I’d think that’s much worse.

It might be more amazing he didn’t get killed by the prisoners over a long career given how fucking weird he is.

Imagine wanting to eat 2 Big Macs every day for 50 years and not seeing it as torture. This dude is off the charts on some spectrum. That is beyond Ripken. Who would want to break that record?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The guy reminds me a bit of Master Scalir.

Ken used to eat "a burger and a burger" for lunch and dinner, for many years.

He finally stopped this about a decade ago when he was unhappy about his weight and sought to lose 50 pounds -- which he managed to do. He has gained and lost weight a number of times since then, but has reined in the burger habit, and actually eats those awful veggie or simulated meat burgers now.

I'm not sure if he eats regular burgers at all anymore. I should ask him. I know he drinks diet soda, which I find to be terrible.

Anyway, this guy's lifestyle isn't nearly as unhealthy as it appears. He doesn't order fries, and more importantly, walks 6 miles per day. The burger patty itself is not bad for him. The bun is junk, but not all that harmful. The biggest problem is the lack of variety of food, which can result in vitamin deficiencies, but the article says he eats fruit sometimes, and he also can take vitamins to make up for some of the nutrition issues.

The benefit from the exercise can't be understated. That's the big factor here. I know because I've seen it with my own father. He has very bad genes for longevity. Nobody in his known family lived past 73. Around 1980, in his late 30s, he decided to change, and started running every day. He did this even into old age, until the daily grind of running started to wear down his knees, and he couldn't do it anymore. He then switched to biking, which he still does regularly. He is 80 and in excellent health. So despite the bad genetics, the exercise regimen has not only outran his family longevity record by 7 years, but his health outlook remains very good.

For this reason I am going to start my own exercise regimen soon, especially because I very well may have inherited the genes which killed all of my dad's relatives early.

Thread Information