Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jollibee

Load Metric

Jollibee

has anyone tried this hidden gem? good stuff. very popular filipino fast food with only a few choices -

had the spicy fried chicken with a side of their spaghetti (which is sweet and oddly has hot dog pieces in it).

anyway, definitely worth trying if you find one in a big city.

Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 227
Size:  15.8 KB

Comments

big dick: moron

Load Metric
    SpaGhetto wtf lol.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    There's one of these a few miles from me. Never tried it (yet). Thanks for the recommendation.

Comments

Tellafriend: report back

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Filipino friends love it, I’ve been to both in town here. Make sure you get the mango pie and pineapple juice if you go, I’d skip the spaghetti.

The spicy chicken is surprisingly hot.

Load Metric
    IT IS NOT GOOD stay getting pork belly and adobo when you fucking with the filipinos

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry but the spaghetti thing looks gross to me.

Jollibee, a huge Philippines-based company, actually owes me a big thanks.

They own Smashburger. They fully acquired it in 2020, but in 2019 they already owned a lot of the individual stores, including the one at the Rio Las Vegas.

The Rio location led the entire nation in customer complaints, and almost all of them were about the night shift. That's out of 351 stores. Jollibee fired the existing general manager in May 2019, and brought in one of their better district managers to temporarily manage the location, in an effort to finally put an end its issues.

This new manager reported back to the corporation that he determined the location's problems traced back to an incompetent and arrogant night manager, but she had been with the company for at least a few years, and they were afraid to fire her without direct evidence of major wrongdoing.

Then... 3 weeks into the investigation, a miracle fell into their lap.

A late-40s Jew came to the new GM and told a story about that problematic night manager acting highly confrontational and inappropriate, as well as the location taking as long as an hour to serve people that night. The GM asked this customer if he could write up the situation for him, to which this customer agreed, and then produced a highly detailed document explaining everything.

The GM then questioned the other employees, all of whom confirmed that the report was accurate. Between the writeup from a neutral third party (the customer), and the other employees corroborating the story, they fired the manager without fear of a lawsuit. The performance of the location then greatly improved.

I'm sure you can guess who the late 40s Jew was.

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    Love it. The fired chicken is tied 1 and the spaghetti with the hot dog is very good as well (I get it without the graded cheese).

I only get the chicken and spaghetti, nothing else. Add in a cold Dr Pepper and you’re good to go.

Comments

Tellafriend: good stuff

1marley1: Fucking gross

country978: to each his own

nunbeater: graded cheese lol you fucking illiterate cunt

Load Metric
    jesus christ todge control these animals you have posting here fast food hot dog spaghetti is literally good to this person

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    and add in a cold dr pepper marrone like that is somehow the appropriate wine pairing for this slop

Comments

Pablo: more like warm diet DP

Load Metric
    dont forget the graded cheese .................................................. ................... TODGE cmon bro

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From that picture:

Spicy fried chicken: Interested

Peach mango pie: Maybe interested

Spaghetti with hot dogs in it: Big no

Comments

Mission146:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

They own Smashburger. They fully acquired it in 2020, but in 2019 they already owned a lot of the individual stores, including the one at the Rio Las Vegas.

The Rio location led the entire nation in customer complaints, and almost all of them were about the night shift. That's out of 351 stores. Jollibee fired the existing general manager in May 2019, and brought in one of their better district managers to temporarily manage the location, in an effort to finally put an end its issues.

This new manager reported back to the corporation that he determined the location's problems traced back to an incompetent and arrogant night manager, but she had been with the company for at least a few years, and they were afraid to fire her without direct evidence of major wrongdoing.

A late-40s Jew came to the new GM and told a story about that problematic night manager acting highly confrontational and inappropriate, as well as the location taking as long as an hour to serve people that night. The GM asked this customer if he could write up the situation for him, to which this customer agreed, and then produced a highly detailed document explaining everything.

The GM then questioned the other employees, all of whom confirmed that the report was accurate. Between the writeup from a neutral third party (the customer), and the other employees corroborating the story, they fired the manager without fear of a lawsuit. The performance of the location then greatly improved.

Todd, what is your source for this info?

Load Metric

Spaghetti with hot dogs in it: Big no
    You must try it first, then you’ll like it.

Comments

Tellafriend: truth

Load Metric
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. All of the gay imagery of CM's buttcrack that some of you like to post makes me a bit queasy, but I can handle it...spaghetti, though?
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. All of the gay imagery of CM's buttcrack that some of you like to post makes me a bit queasy, but I can handle it...spaghetti, though?

thought the same thing until i tried it; the sweet spaghetti with the heat of spicy chicken is good together.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post

Todd, what is your source for this info?
    The source is the then-late-40s Jew in the story, who I see in the mirror every day.

I was told all of the above by the GM himself. In fact, I was a bit surprised how much company-private stuff he told me. I guess he and his bosses were so thrilled that I fell into their lap, he couldn't keep his mouth shut. This was the absolute worst performing location (complaint-wise) in the entire country, and they had identified the problem, which was that awful night manager.

They were looking for ways to get rid of her without triggering some kind of lawsuit, and literally right at that moment, I showed up with a major complaint about her. Not only did the story contain elements of both extreme rudeness and extreme incompetence, but I was willing to write it up for them, and I even had corroborating evidence (such as a tweet from another customer who was there that same night). Even better, when he called in employees one by one and asked them about the story presented in my document, all of them conceded that my description was 100% correct, even some of the other employees who had behaved badly that night.

So basically the new GM fired the manager, and then told all the other night employees that they all have one last chance to shape up, or they'll be gone too.

Problem solved.

Had I not shown up, this would have dragged awhile before they accumulated enough evidence to fire her.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    They also have some other more traditional dishes, some skinny noodle and shrimp thing which actually looks good but I only eat the chicken, the mash potatoes are gravy suck….they also give you gravy with all chicken to dip the skin into.

Load Metric
    There should be the Druff-Jollibee Challenge where he actually tries the food there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

thought the same thing until i tried it; the sweet spaghetti with the heat of spicy chicken is good together.
    Sweet spaghetti? I think I just transitioned from gag to full on retch. Red sauce is fucking disgusting on anything except a pizza. Also, spaghetti sauce is a totally different kind of sauce.

I could maybe get behind a decent Alfredo sauce, but not from a fast food place; I could only imagine the kind of shit cheese a fast food place might use. Also, not on spaghetti; rigatoni, penne, something like that.

Wendy's is where it's at for fast food, in any event. Best burgers in the game (when you look at quality+value) imo.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    never had the jollibees shit but my mom used to give us spaghetti mixed with ketchup, sounds nasty but its actually pretty damn good

Thread Information