Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shit Post Christopher Cross

Load Metric
    You just don't see songs, performers, etc.. like this anymore. I was just born on the wrong generation. Franki Valli I mean just check the dude out do we even have an male performers any more outside rappers?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    You just don't see songs, performers, etc.. like this anymore. I was just born on the wrong generation. Franki Valli I mean just check the dude out do we even have an male performers any more outside rappers?

I’ve watched this video probably 100 times. Great song. Four Seasons were great. Hell the drummer sang that song and Franki sang background. Kind of like the cars talk the other day. Cars best song was Just what I needed, and drive was one of their best songs. Ocasek didn’t sing either of those.

Now you have shitty country music or rappers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I’ve watched this video probably 100 times. Great song. Four Seasons were great. Hell the drummer sang that song and Franki sang background. Kind of like the cars talk the other day. Cars best song was Just what I needed, and drive was one of their best songs. Ocasek didn’t sing either of those.

Now you have shitty country music or rappers
    You cannot get a white guy anymore on a station. Just can't. Yeah I get the whole Taylor Swift craze. Look at this guy, yeah I get it he was a butt pirate, but its a great song, they all just went away. Can't find them anymore. WTF is Steve Perry?

Load Metric
    I was just born in the wrong generation.

Banned
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This song had an interesting history. It was written toward the end of The Four Seasons' prominent years, by Bob Gaudio, who wrote a lot of the group's hits, despite being just 17 when he joined them. By this point, Gaudio was 33, and had a steady girlfriend named Judy Parker. The song, which was originally about the end of prohibition in December 1933, was retooled to be about Gaudio's beginnings with his girlfriend Judy, who also helped him write it.

The Four Seasons was soon a victim of the Disco Era, and broke up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I took Ben's mom to see "Jersey Boys", the play about The Four Seasons, at the Venetian in 2010. First half of the play was great, then there was an intermission, and we came back to basically a different play. The second half was uneven, depressing, and didn't tie up some of the loose ends from the first half. Fail. The actor playing Gaudio also sucked, which was distracting.

I had a stupid confrontation with an employee when attempting to buy tickets, though. There was an offer for Nevada locals to get a 30% discount on tickets at the Vegas venue. Being a local at the time, I showed up to redeem the offer, but was told it had expired. I pulled up the offer on my phone and showed them -- right from their own website. They went back and asked the manager, who told them to tell me no, and that she wasn't coming out to see me. I kept demanding they honor the discount, as Nevada state law requires the honoring of all posted deals like this. Finally they convinced the manager to come out. She was a middle-aged woman, and instantly came out yelling at me that I made her get up and come out just to tell me the same message they gave me.

I then showed her the offer on their own website for Nevada locals. She barked, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet!"

It was from their own fucking website!!

I continued to insist they had to honor this, at which point she said I had 30 seconds to leave the area or she was going to call security to 86 me from Venetian permanently.

I walked away, and apologized to the then-pregnant Ben's mom about the whole thing. She said she 100% agreed with me, and wasn't mad that I pressed the matter.

The following day, I reached the person in charge of the Vegas venue of Jersey Boys. He was shocked at this story, said that she definitely should have honored what was on the website, and also should have never threatened the 86ing. He said he would look into it and get back to me.

The next day he called me, told me he investigated, and that three employees at the ticket desk confirmed the entire story. He said that the employees also verified that I acted calm the entire time, and it was their manager who got increasingly agitated and rude. He told me that he asked her why she got so confrontational and unreasonable. She couldn't explain it, but admitted that my account of the situation was correct, including the threat to 86 me from the property. He profusely apologized and offered me the best seats in the house for free, which of course I accepted. I asked what I should do if this woman sees me again and attempts to 86 me, and he said, "Let's just say I don't think that will be a problem."

I took that to mean she got canned, but either way, I knew everything would be fine. I got his number to call just in case.

So I guess the price was right, even though the second half of the play was shitty. I did enjoy the music, which was all performed well.

I believe the manager saw me as a sneaky Jew who was trying to get an expired discount on a technicality. However, the truth was that the deal had no expiration date on the website, and I honestly had no way to know that when I came down to see the show. I showed them that the deal was still on their site with no expiration date, but she was so obsessed with her moment of power that she wasn't backing down. Someone like that shouldn't be a manager, so if she got fired, it's a good thing, both for then-future customers and for whichever more competent person got promoted to that position.

I guess she got her wish, though, because Venetian banned me 8 years later.

Load Metric
    For whatever reason I always thought this was Christopher Cross, until I saw the name on Satellite Radio. My type of song either way.

Thread Information