Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gavin Newsom has guaranteed $20/hour to all California fast food workers

Load Metric
    Something else I don't understand is that private can do whatever it wants, even if it's stupid, but why are there public facilities vis-a-vis nursing homes and hospices to preserve life as long as possible?

The fuck do they expect to happen? A 90 year old with terminal cancer is going to recover and enter the workforce?

What would make more sense is to just have a government facility to painlessly kill anyone over sixty who can't afford medical care or can't get anyone they know (or some private or charitable interest) to pony up the funds. It's no wonder that public healthcare is so expensive and Medicare/Medicaid is such a money dump. We're paying to keep people alive who have no chance of showing positive RoI. It's a total waste.

Comments

splitthis: Total scum
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Regarding Owner/Operator, biggest scam on the planet. I knew a guy who was an Owner/Operator of a Budget Rent-A-Car free standing location. He actually "bought" a second one an hour away. Thought he was rich. Turns out he cleared about $60,000 combined at both locations. Turns out Budget owned all the cars. After a franchise fee, royalty fees, employee salary, rent, etc.. He literally was clearing about $30,000 per site and worked 7 days a week. He was miserable, but he signed a 5 year contract with Budget and would have to pay penalties back if he closed, even if he sold he would have to pay transfer fees which were in the 5 figures. It was basically indentured servitude. Oh, it got to the point he was actually vacuuming out the cars himself, and driving them to the local carwash. Not sure how it turned out for him, I lost contact but he hated his life.

I rented from him one time, I walked into his "store" if you could call it that. There were boxes of Budget banners, flyers, promo material, giant inflatable balloon, etc.. I mean just stacked up unopened. I was like why don't you put this stuff out, he was like fuck Budget they route all the cars to the airport and he never has more than 20 cars for the week and they are all gone by Tuesday. He actually admonished me saying I was returning it at a different location in another state so now he had 19 cars left for the following week. LOL.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    How many PFAers will be jumping on this easy money train by getting an easy fast food job?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    How many PFAers will be jumping on this easy money train by getting an easy fast food job?
    If only Chaps was American those mangy cats could be dining on Meow Mix.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm sure Newsom is just playing 4D chess here. Acting like he cares about the wage of poor people to stealthily put some FF restaurants out of business which are poisoning our great country. My boy lol cow isn't gonna like this, my mans needs double-doubles at an affordable price.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I HEARD THAT ARBYS GOT AN EXEMPTION TO THIS, AS THEY ARE CONSIDERED FINE DINING AND NOT FAST FOOD.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    The law is moronic. If flipping burgers is the best job you can get the problem is you, not the wage. These are meant to be 1st time jobs for teens. Now teens are going to have a very difficult time finding a job because experienced adults will get preference.

Just because big corporations make millions doesn’t mean they can afford to pay those kind of wages. Corporate entities and especially ones that are publicly traded don’t accept diminishing profits. They expect to grow year after year. So the effect of this will be skyrocketing prices and a lot of jobs lost. Ordering will be done completely on self-serve kiosks and automation in the kitchen will increase. There are already companies selling pizza making robots.

This also affects small business owners like me. How do I find quality employees when I can’t afford to pay the $20 per hour wage. California has raised the minimum wage by $1 per hour for each of the past 5 years. This year it actually went up $1.50/hour. Let’s assume a restaurants sales have remained flat over those 5 years. The average independent restaurant makes almost $500,000 per year in sales or a bit over $40,000 per month. Labor typically runs between 25-35%. The average profit margin is only 5-10%.

So in year one assuming a best case scenario labor is $10,000 per month, minimum wage is $10/hr and profit is $4,000 per month. The restaurant is scheduling 1000 payroll hours per month. Year two the minimum wage goes up by $1/hour. If nothing changes, labor is now $11,000 up 2.5 points and profit is down to $3000 or Dow. 25%. Jump ahead to the current at $15.50 per hour and labor is $15,500 or almost 39% and the restaurant is now in the red.

No owner can absorb that especially a small independent restaurant. So you respond by cutting back hours or raising prices or most likely a combination of both. If you simply raise prices, by year five you’ve needed to add an additional $250K in sales to keep your labor at 25%. Personally I’ve had to raise prices and cut labor hours. I’ve been fortunate enough to have double digit transaction growth each year to help offset everything.

Comments

dmndkutr: Only applies to chains with over 60 locations

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Something else I don't understand is that private can do whatever it wants, even if it's stupid, but why are there public facilities vis-a-vis nursing homes and hospices to preserve life as long as possible?

The fuck do they expect to happen? A 90 year old with terminal cancer is going to recover and enter the workforce?

What would make more sense is to just have a government facility to painlessly kill anyone over sixty who can't afford medical care or can't get anyone they know (or some private or charitable interest) to pony up the funds. It's no wonder that public healthcare is so expensive and Medicare/Medicaid is such a money dump. We're paying to keep people alive who have no chance of showing positive RoI. It's a total waste.
    You are the most ignorant idiot here. Move to Canada where MAID is promoted. Your story will change when you are 60.

Lol at your source at how ltc facilities work is your pharmtech girlfriend who makes less than 20 an hour.

Medical directors at nursing homes have private practices plus manage those that are in the hospital.

Being a doc used to be a good gig, no longer.

Comments

Mission146:
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    You know all those I pads you and tour kids have been trained on over the last 15-20 years?

Going to need that skill if you want to order the occasional #1 with a coke because this will be the only way to order it going forward because nobody going to pay entry level $20 an hour plus taxes/entitlements plus insurance. One less entry level job for young people to get some skills from. 1/7 people in the USA site McDonald's as their first job.

Next up will be the automated drink/food robots. They look cute when you see them on cruise ships or Vegas. They will be in every McDonalds inside of 10 years. It made no sense to develop robotics before now. Now they will do it in Cali out of necessity and scale it nation wide.

The road to hell was paved with the best of intentions and still is today.

Comments

hutmaster: Spot on

splitthis:

Kalam: I see you beat me to it.

Load Metric
    SplitThis,

I thought you were a conservative?

I didn’t say we give the ones under 60 free healthcare; I said we enable the ones 60+ to be painlessly killed, of their own choosing, for free. Much cheaper than Medicare/Medicaid and more merciful than miserably living out whatever would be left of their natural lives.

Except, there would be nothing left because they’re being kept alive by artificial contrivances and drugs anyway. Most people simply aren’t meant to live this long and aren’t capable of being productive as long as they would need to be for such a long duration to make sense.

So, we 86 Medicare, Medicaid and all healthcare at the Federal level. The states can waste money keeping people alive if they wish.

What’s wrong, Split? This one impact you personally? Is it time for Quaker Oats dude to discuss your diabetes with you? Let me guess: you’d be dead, right? Medicare, is it? Grandkids, right?

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Comments

splitthis: Hopeless moron

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

You are the most ignorant idiot here. Move to Canada where MAID is promoted. Your story will change when you are 60.

Lol at your source at how ltc facilities work is your pharmtech girlfriend who makes less than 20 an hour.

Medical directors at nursing homes have private practices plus manage those that are in the hospital.

Being a doc used to be a good gig, no longer.
    If I’m 60 and can’t afford my healthcare I’ll kill myself; something you haven’t the gumption to do.

Damn if not for that Hell bullshit you believe in, right?

She makes over $20/hour, you fucking moron. She could make $3/hour and what would the difference be? The story either happened or it didn’t and it did. She’s not my ‘Source’ you retarded fucking cunt, she talks to me about work as any couple would. Except your husband, who probably hit you after work, but try not being married to a Christian next time.

I also delivered for them during Covid just because they needed the help. It got me out of the house anyway. Couldn’t have worthless pieces of fucking garbage like you not getting your insulin, now could I?

Load Metric
    A worthwhile investment is one that’s going to have positive RoI or, in the case of some investments, positive social utility.

The elderly and infirm are generally going to be negative RoI because they will not produce in excess of what is spent to maintain them. Therefore, we should spend nothing to maintain them.

The Government does not think of this as an investment because it’s not their money; it’s money that they stole.

As far as social utility, well, it keeps Evangelical retards such as Split alive, so I rest my case there. Even if people were, on balance, good—the RoI still isn’t there.

SplitThis knows I’m right, but Evangelicals are hypocritical pieces of fucking trash who ALWAYS sing a new tune as soon as something impacts them.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    A worthwhile investment is one that’s going to have positive RoI or, in the case of some investments, positive social utility.

The elderly and infirm are generally going to be negative RoI because they will not produce in excess of what is spent to maintain them. Therefore, we should spend nothing to maintain them.

The Government does not think of this as an investment because it’s not their money; it’s money that they stole.

As far as social utility, well, it keeps Evangelical retards such as Split alive, so I rest my case there. Even if people were, on balance, good—the RoI still isn’t there.

SplitThis knows I’m right, but Evangelicals are hypocritical pieces of fucking trash who ALWAYS sing a new tune as soon as something impacts them.

YOU ACT LIKE THE ELDERLY WERE BORN YESTERDAY AND CONTRIBUTED NOTHING. AM I ASSESSING THIS ACCURATELY?

Comments

Mission146:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

YOU ACT LIKE THE ELDERLY WERE BORN YESTERDAY AND CONTRIBUTED NOTHING. AM I ASSESSING THIS ACCURATELY?
    Forget yesterday. Forget lately. What can you do for me LATER? Are you a good investment NOW?

Besides, I’m not opposed to public healthcare as a rule. The states can do whatever they can afford and want to do, preferably public vote to decide. I’m simply saying the Feds should have no hand in it.

Told you guys I’m to Crimm’s right on economics. Lol

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    The law is moronic. If flipping burgers is the best job you can get the problem is you, not the wage. These are meant to be 1st time jobs for teens. Now teens are going to have a very difficult time finding a job because experienced adults will get preference.

Just because big corporations make millions doesn’t mean they can afford to pay those kind of wages. Corporate entities and especially ones that are publicly traded don’t accept diminishing profits. They expect to grow year after year. So the effect of this will be skyrocketing prices and a lot of jobs lost. Ordering will be done completely on self-serve kiosks and automation in the kitchen will increase. There are already companies selling pizza making robots.

This also affects small business owners like me. How do I find quality employees when I can’t afford to pay the $20 per hour wage. California has raised the minimum wage by $1 per hour for each of the past 5 years. This year it actually went up $1.50/hour. Let’s assume a restaurants sales have remained flat over those 5 years. The average independent restaurant makes almost $500,000 per year in sales or a bit over $40,000 per month. Labor typically runs between 25-35%. The average profit margin is only 5-10%.

So in year one assuming a best case scenario labor is $10,000 per month, minimum wage is $10/hr and profit is $4,000 per month. The restaurant is scheduling 1000 payroll hours per month. Year two the minimum wage goes up by $1/hour. If nothing changes, labor is now $11,000 up 2.5 points and profit is down to $3000 or Dow. 25%. Jump ahead to the current at $15.50 per hour and labor is $15,500 or almost 39% and the restaurant is now in the red.

No owner can absorb that especially a small independent restaurant. So you respond by cutting back hours or raising prices or most likely a combination of both. If you simply raise prices, by year five you’ve needed to add an additional $250K in sales to keep your labor at 25%. Personally I’ve had to raise prices and cut labor hours. I’ve been fortunate enough to have double digit transaction growth each year to help offset everything.

Comments

dwai: jews are in charge of the tranny faggot army

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol relax hut it’s all gonna be just fine

lots of illegals heading your way very soon thanks to the fucked in the head democrats and your buddy Gavin Newsom

you can fire your entire crew and pay some beaners 5 bucks an hour under the table

boom problem solved

or just start using canned mushrooms

its a win win

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    lol relax hut it’s all gonna be just fine

lots of illegals heading your way very soon thanks to the fucked in the head democrats and your buddy Gavin Newsom

you can fire your entire crew and pay some beaners 5 bucks an hour under the table

boom problem solved

or just start using canned mushrooms

its a win win
    This is pretty much the only post I have read in this thread so far, but I think what actually happens is this ruling fuels robots/AI taking over as many fast food job roles as possible, first in California, and then the rest of the country. I think the net net of this is that large fast food chains end up with a lot less employees and actually might become more profitable, even paying the few employees they keep $20/hr.

But yeah, if you are a small mom and pop place and dont have the resources to modernize you will probably just go under.

Load Metric
    That really all you got Split?

Just go through and downvote every single post I’ve ever made like I’ve already asked you to do two or three times.

Don’t address me directly again. I don’t concern myself with inferior animals. I thought maybe you could present a challenge given that you like to go on offense, but nope. I just do the same thing you are (though both better and funnier) and you won’t engage. Pathetic.

I accept reasonable discussions and people who don’t want to be reasonable, but whose tactics at least present a challenge.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gavin Newsom and Kamala Harris are two incompetent buffoons whose careers were enabled by the same influential person -- Willie Brown.

They did so nearly simultaneously, in the mid-1990s. The late-20s Harris sucked Brown's wrinkly old dick, and he repaid her with various appointments. Newsom couldn't go the dick sucking route because Brown was straight (though I'm sure Newsom would have done it if it helped his career), so he instead just volunteered for Brown's campaign. Unlike typical young/broke campaign volunteers, the early-30s Newsom used his cafe to host parties for Brown, and immediately a friendship was formed. Newsom successfully kissed Brown's ass enough to get similar appointments as Harris did.

Fast forward 25-30 years, and now we have a sitting VP and a California governor with major Presidential ambitions.

It pays to suck the right dicks and kiss the right asses, apparently.

Both Harris and Newsom have been incompetent at every position they've held, yet both have continued to fall upward, even though Brown himself is now extremely old and no longer holds much influence.

Newsom sucked as San Francisco mayor, and even the liberals there hated him. He just wasn't good at the job.

Now he sucks as governor, yet he's considered one of the frontrunners to take over for Biden in 2024 should something happen to him (or if Democrats just decide to get rid of him), and definitely is the frontrunner for the 2028 Democratic nomination.

It really is amazing how you can be terrible at everything you do, and yet somehow be on track to be one of the two major Presidential candidates this decade.

Comments

tony bagadonuts:

Tellafriend:

Thread Information