Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the Fuck Is There Not...?

Load Metric

How the Fuck Is There Not...?

How the fuck is there not a thread about all the various strikes here? Did I miss it? You guys here probably didn't have any interest in the strikes because they have mostly nothing to do with transexuals---the only subject any of you sex perverts care about. (LOL. I'm just kidding.)

Anyway, I'll give my opinions on the strikes:

1.) Hollywood can go fuck itself; therefore, SAG and whatever the other one is can also fuck themselves.

Seriously. Do you know that stand-ins make more than $200/day, even for low budget projects, as it is? What the fuck? What are they striking for? Fucking $1,000/day to stand by a pretend bar and pretend to be drinking a beer for ten hours as well as full health/visual/dental for everyone who has worked on a project in the last 28 years?

But, you guys digest more Hollywood than I do. If the studios are able to actually pay this kind of money, literally for people to stand and do nothing, then it's your faults. Endgame is the most recent movie I've seen in theaters and I'll probably never go to a theater and see anything again because all of these people can go fuck themselves.

2.) Hollywood can go fuck itself; therefore, the writers can go fuck themselves.

I don't even know what the writers are asking for, or what they presently make, but they're not worth whatever it was they were already being paid. They're worried about getting replaced by AI? Well, yeah...eventually. Maybe try not having a worthless and socially unproductive occupation that AI will eventually be able to do better than you.

I'm a writer, as everyone knows. I'm also probably not worth what I make, though I wouldn't do it for much less than I get. I'm not on strike, by the way.

What's wrong with these weeping little bitches? They know the clock is running down because, eventually, they won't be able to write better than something that a computer programmer/software designer created? Boo-fucking-hoo. Maybe they should have went to school for being computer programmers and software designers instead of going to college to practice sucking dicks so that they could become good enough at it to convince Hollywood executives and casting directors to hire them.

All of these people who contribute absolutely nothing to society, and when they do make a 'contribution,' it's usually some Far Left or environmental bullshit that doesn't meaningfully change anything (except occasionally for the worse) and that they're mostly doing for public appearance/media coverage purposes, or donations to some fucking politician...who the only reason they (the politician) haven't been convicted of something yet is because they haven't pissed the wrong person off...or just as a tax write-off, in general.

3.) Fuck UAW.

Most American car companies, to what little extent they actually are, 'American cars,' can't even afford to profitably produce sedans anymore with what these people are already being paid...and you're surprised when they outsource the jobs?

Oh, your wages aren't keeping up with inflation? Neither are anyone else's wages, you fucking idiots, but you sure keep trying to make them do so...which causes more inflation.

I hope that they close every single plant in Michigan and ship them, one and all, down to Mexico.

What the fuck are other Americans supposed to do as inflation continues to rise, but then so does the cost of automobiles (leading to further inflation) brought about by the necessity of paying you glorified tire changers money that you were never worth to begin with? American sedans have been fucking garbage for more than the last twenty years, because all of you are fucking garbage...and it was too much to ask for your shitty executives to produce an affordable economy sedan that, God forbid, can actually be relied upon to run up 100,000 miles.

You can all go fuck yourselves and nobody should ever buy domestic vehicles because the UAW needs to get fucked.

God bless America.

Comments

tyde: top 5 poster

Dan Druff:
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Biden supported strikers car company forget who but he actually striked with them. Biden has already given 50 BBBBBBBBbbilion dollars to the Ukraine. Ukraine wants more money. Need to know that money going where it is going to not in the wrong pockets. I understand Putin needs to be stopped at any cost, European union should also chip in the immigration process here is out of control. Can't give away all the coffers to the Ukriane.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 09-26-2023 at 09:53 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Biden supported strikers car company forget who but he actually striked with them. Biden has already given 50 BBBBBBBBbbilion dollars to the Ukraine. Ukraine wants more money. Need to know that money going where it is going to not in the wrong pockets. I understand Putin needs to be stopped at any cost, European union should also chip in the immigration process here is out of control. Can't give away all the coffers to the Ukriane.
    I don't know anything about Russia or Ukraine. I don't live there; I don't care who lives or dies, who loses, who wins; it has nothing to do with me. What we should be doing abroad is very much a binary, in my book. Either someone attacks us, in which case we should mercilessly slaughter every man, woman, senior and child in that country...or they don't attack us, in which case, they're none of our business.

Any foreign policy more intricate than that isn't something I care about. If Russia is in the wrong, then maybe we should nuke them, idk. If they nuke us back, who gives a shit? It's not like most of us will even have to deal with it for that long after we have been vaporized.

I don't give a shit who Biden did or didn't support; fuck UAW and fuck 'American' automobiles. I don't really call for boycotts, but if ever something should be boycotted, it should be 'American' car manufacturers and their inferior piles of fucking garbage. Everyone should get a Hyundai, Honda, Toyota or Subaru, instead.

Load Metric
    Ok my comrade, if had it your way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Ok my comrade, if had it your way.
    What are you talking about? Do you get the impression I'm left on economics? I'm to Crimm's right on economics, if that tells you anything.

That American car companies foisted shit sedans that couldn't even make it 100k for twenty years has nothing to do with politics; it has to do with them being shitty companies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    if ever something should be boycotted, it should be 'American' car manufacturers and their inferior piles of fucking garbage. Everyone should get a Hyundai, Honda, Toyota or Subaru, instead.
    You’re playing great today. There are no UAW transsexuals but you’re making it work for us in other ways.

You’re obviously a flag waving American and America will give you a huge tax incentive if you buy an American union made car.

I’ll bet you’re a pick up man yourself

There should be a tax incentive to see Marvel movies or watch Fallon

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    if ever something should be boycotted, it should be 'American' car manufacturers and their inferior piles of fucking garbage. Everyone should get a Hyundai, Honda, Toyota or Subaru, instead.
    You’re playing great today. There are no UAW transsexuals but you’re making it work for us in other ways.

You’re obviously a flag waving American and America will give you a huge tax incentive if you buy an American union made car.

I’ll bet you’re a pick up man yourself

There should be a tax incentive to see Marvel movies or watch Fallon
    The government can shove its tax incentive up its collective ass. Giving any kind of tax incentive to buy an 'American' vehicle, at the end of the day, amounts to nothing more than an indirect government subsidy. While the government, obviously, should not subsidize the auto industry, if they are going to do so, then they might as well at least do it directly. Less paperwork, if nothing else.

"Pick up man," like pick up trucks? I've never owned anything but sedans and coupes, unless you consider the PT Cruiser a crossover or truck. I guess, for some regulatory purposes, Chrysler/MOPAR had it classified as a truck, but the reason that they did that was because the company's line of trucks would have otherwise been below some sort of MPG government standard. Currently, I drive a Huyndai Elantra, but I'll probably get a Subaru Legacy when the time comes, or perhaps a Forrester; I'm 6'3" and the knees aren't quite what they once were. LOL. Subarus are great on ice. The Elantra has been mechanically fine and I should get another 50k out of it, but I don't know why I didn't get a Subaru.

Fallon? Jimmy Fallon? Do people just call it Fallon? I haven't watched a late night show since the early years of Conan being on TBS.

Load Metric
    I don't even want to hear about the cost of living in Los Angeles because I didn't hold a gun to their collective head and make them go to Los Angeles and pursue acting.

Basically, you have all of these people who took what the guidance counselor said about being special and always going after your dreams to heart---which was a dumb thing to do. Positivity is justified when you're eight years old, but then you become an adult and the LEAST RELEVANT thing that exists is what you think of yourself. It's usually not going to matter.

With that, they pursue this career that has a very low success rate vis-a-vis individual stardom because for every A-Lister there are hundreds, if not thousands, of background actors. And, what? They're supposed to get bailed out because the high cost of living, which the industry itself created by virtue of its being located there, is too high for them to handle?

If you're not good at acting, then go move somewhere in the Midwest and do community theater as a side project to pursue your passion...as long as you can get the evening off from your main job at the gas station. At least you'll be able to afford to live there.

Of course, what is there really to say as long as people are going to continue digesting the entertainment product? I suppose the biggest downside is that it makes it difficult to get small projects going, from a financial standpoint---which is probably the goal that the people at the top of the food chain are striving for anyway. Does anyone think Disney is opposed to SAG? I'd be surprised if they were. Anything that makes trying to bring competing products to market more cost-prohibitive is beneficial to them, at the end of the day.

The only real solution is to quit digesting the products. I guess most people like Hollywood productions. Who knows why? It especially doesn't make sense that supposed Conservatives would digest anything that Hollywood offers. Oh, wait, most Conservatives are total hypocrites as a rule; I take what I said back-it makes total sense.

I'm not going to digest anything major production mostly because I'm sick of listening to them.

Comments

tyde: premium content

Load Metric
    Wall Street Journal talked about the simultaneous confluence of factors that could shake the country

UAW strike

Government shut down

Student Loan payment restarts

$100 oil

Buckle up

inflation and the long term interest rate outlook is the real unsolvable problem

Comments

Mission146:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The problem here, as in this forum, is that a bunch of uneducated bumpkins have access to
    social media and are overwhelmed by it.

These grade nine grads cannot process the information overload they encounter.

The topic is secondary. It may be Bigfoot, global warming, Obama is gay, etc., etc. etc.

The only threads that cannot be argued are those dedicated to the fast food fetish that
    runs an rundown nation.

American't

look to the post above

someone we can at least say has their head on their shoulder

lists student loan repayment among the things that could "shake America"

not a word about the conglomerate world we live in.

not a word about return on investment and how that ultimately destroys a free market system.

you never want any group owning a majority of anything

now we/you/America/joke are into ownership of the news.

the alternative, X, etc. means every uneducated life form is published.

no conditions, no rules

Comments

Mission146:
    Last edited by limitles; 09-26-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I deleted a bunch of shitposts in this thread.

In recent times, there have been a lot of instances where limitles knee-jerk attacked Marty's posts and hijacked/ruined the thread.

In this thread, it was actually Marty attacking limitles first, with the same result.

What I'm going to do is in the future is just kick out whoever disrupts the thread so they can't post in that thread anymore.

Comments

Mission146:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I agree with Mission.

The unions and the various Hollywood guilds are out of control, and have been for a long time.

Both were overcorrections to onetime legitimate labor issues, but now both have gone the opposite direction.

UAW ruined the competitiveness of the American auto industry, causing the cars to become shit.

Hollywood's various organized labor groups slow down production and drive up costs of everything. With more and more entertainment options out there online, this is a dying model which is unsustainable. It's not 1975 anymore where your entire home entertainment option was the television or radio, and where movie theaters were a huge destination for families, teens, couples, and kids.

This is the circle of life. Certain jobs become obsolete and less essential, and others rise up in their place. It's a fool's errand to attempt to maintain the status quo.

Comments

Mission146:

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Good point

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I deleted a bunch of shitposts in this thread.

In recent times, there have been a lot of instances where limitles knee-jerk attacked Marty's posts and hijacked/ruined the thread.

In this thread, it was actually Marty attacking limitles first, with the same result.

What I'm going to do is in the future is just kick out whoever disrupts the thread so they can't post in that thread anymore.

you’ve made this declaration several times before, but your pet Canadian drunk consistently fails to heed your warnings, and thumbs his nose at you

in this case yea, it was me who instigated the trolling because there are several other threads which I’ve either created or contributed in that he has taken a fat steaming dump on

my only course of action is to fight fire with fire when no action is taken

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Wall Street Journal talked about the simultaneous confluence of factors that could shake the country

UAW strike

Government shut down

Student Loan payment restarts

$100 oil

Buckle up

inflation and the long term interest rate outlook is the real unsolvable problem
    Jesus Christ on a popsicle stick!

Is Wall Street Journal being paid to talk about the 'Government shutdown,' as though any prolonged shutdown has any chance of actually happening? We've had to listen to bullshit about the government shutting down, every year or two, for more than a decade and a half now. The Government would never shutdown for more than a couple weeks because, if they did, other than for military...we would see how truly unnecessary, inefficient and wasteful the Federal Government really is.***

I'd almost be in favor of it because they could take the cost savings and pay down the national debt, but I think we all know they're not going to do that.

Let's take a look at how the shutdown, which isn't going to happen, will impact me. According to USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/70978602007/

Funding for WIC − the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children − would stop immediately

Oh, no. Please God. Anything but that. Not reduced demand for baby formula thereby causing a price decrease for those who have always had to pay cash for it because they're over the income limit. Not mothers actually breastfeeding their kids if there's not some medical reason that the baby MUST have baby formula or the mother is all dried up. Of course, if either of those things were true, then I would do my part and personally buy someone a can of formula (if they couldn't afford it) and encourage everyone else to do the same.

WIC is nothing more or less than a Government subsidy for Abbott Laboratories, as well as others. Shit, let them dispense with some free product during the shutdown. Christ knows they've reaped enough benefits just on the price, caused by the artificial demand that WIC created, alone. I wonder how many people from WIC find themselves with jobs at Abbott somewhere down the line?

ALSO, the income cap to get WIC is way too high.

Food stamp benefits through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program would remain intact in October but could be impacted after that

Roses are red, my nuts are itchin'; if the stamps get cut off, go to a soup kitchen. Also, the shutdown doesn't see December and I'd be shocked if it goes more than a handful of days into November.

Who doesn't have soup kitchens? Rural areas in The South. I guess it's time for neighbors to help neighbors, as goes the claim. Bless their fucking hearts.

Children from low-income families would lose access to Head Start preschool programs

Good. Why is head start necessary? Is it mandatory now? When did that happen?

College students could see delays in their student loans

Good. If it wasn't for the Federal Student Loan programs, then there would be less demand for college and the prices would come down thereby enabling people to take out private loans, or perhaps even work part-time and pay cash.

The Food and Drug Administration would delay nonessential food safety inspections

Awesome. The people doing those inspections won't be getting paid during the shutdown, right? If the inspections aren't essential, then why do they exist to begin with? Isn't this the same FDA that managed to greenlight the creation of an opioid epidemic? It seems like the essential things that they're supposed to be doing don't always go that well.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration would limit its work

Oh, God, NOT THAT!!! Not pencil-pushing OSHA representatives being unable to regulate businesses to within an inch of their lives, over trivial shit, whilst the Administration STILL manages to miss huge safety hazards. What a disaster that would be.

Travelers could see delays with receiving passports

As opposed to...?

National parks could close

Sweet. Maybe the Government will sell the ones that aren't profitable to private interests.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) would have no money for disaster relief

FEMA is the disaster. Did you see their COVID spending numbers? The Hell should Covid have had to do with FEMA?

BEST CASE SCENARIO: The Feds shutdown for six months; the people see how useless they always were and decide to vote people in who will fucking do something about the rampant and unnecessary spending.

***The military is also inefficient, and sometimes wasteful, but they are necessary.
    Last edited by Mission146; 09-27-2023 at 09:43 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    in related news….

as of this morning…

Donald J Trump is officially the odds on FAVORITE to win the 2024 presidential election

Name:  A24EF704-8B92-4AED-B4F3-72DE22170451.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  452.5 KB

https://www.empirestakes.com/ny-spor...-election-odds

Name:  A5DB30FA-CEB4-4CA5-9957-B36FB4A59F06.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  710.8 KB

Comments

Mission146:

Banned
    Load Metric
    what I want to know is why the fuck they are cramming Nikki Haley down our collective throats

Her numbers are abysmal, and yet she’s all over the news and mainstream outlets

they are propping her up like she poses a legitimate challenge to Trump

she’s at the bottom of the field on the GOP sideshow of the 8 grandstanding delusional commie RINOs who have no shot

even Drudge is trying to sell her WTF

first line is one of 3 doom and gloom headlines about how Trump is fucked…and then pow its several links to how Nikki is on the fast track to the nomination…the oddsmakers and pollsters have her as a non contender

Name:  8B6538A1-EB16-4016-BC66-1D2F7D87E582.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  561.4 KB

I can’t stand this phony scripted war mongering bitch

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I agree with Mission.

The unions and the various Hollywood guilds are out of control, and have been for a long time.

Both were overcorrections to onetime legitimate labor issues, but now both have gone the opposite direction.

UAW ruined the competitiveness of the American auto industry, causing the cars to become shit.

Hollywood's various organized labor groups slow down production and drive up costs of everything. With more and more entertainment options out there online, this is a dying model which is unsustainable. It's not 1975 anymore where your entire home entertainment option was the television or radio, and where movie theaters were a huge destination for families, teens, couples, and kids.

This is the circle of life. Certain jobs become obsolete and less essential, and others rise up in their place. It's a fool's errand to attempt to maintain the status quo.
    Thank you for saying so.

I mean, look at this shit:

https://www.sagaftra.org/membership-...mbership-costs

The national initiation fee rate is currently $3,000, although it may be lower in some states.

Annual Base dues are $231.96. In addition, work dues are calculated at 1.575 percent of covered earnings up to $1,000,000.
    That's the reason for all of this. The initial fee to join is also $3,000.00.

Also, why is there a cap? Does anyone know? I have a guess---it's so that the A-Listers don't tell SAG to go fuck themselves.

I mean, there are states that don't have a personal income tax. SAG thinks the effective personal income tax, that goes to them, should be as much as 1.575% of the first million dollars that you make. Naturally, even with the inflated rates, one assumes that the vast majority of working actors make significantly under one million dollars a year. It's also really nice of them to ONLY charge annual dues of $231.96...that way, if you don't get any acting gigs that year, you'll have less money with which to eat and pay your rent. Fucking awesome.

Of course SAG wants these fucking rates to go up when it comes to day/week rates. The more the rates go up, the more money that SAG gets. It's a legal fucking grift that I consider pretty fucking goddamn obvious.

What is the concern for non-union actors? Well, first, SAG really cares that you're not underpaid. Actually, make that second. First, SAG deeply cares about the fact that they don't get a piece of non-union actors.

Now, let's take a look at these cunts:

https://www.uawlocal4911.org/?zone=/...on%20in%201967.

HOW MUCH ARE MONTHLY DUES?

Union Dues are two hours pay per month for full time members and 1.15% of straight-time hourly pay for part time and per diem members.

Because the UAW is a membership organization, UAW members determine dues. The current dues formula, two hours pay a month, was set by local union members at the UAW convention in 1967.
    Two FUCKING HOURS!!!???

Two fucking hours. Two hours. The UAW gets two fucking hours of your fucking work, so it really doesn't matter what you make per hour; they get two hours of you. We notice the percentage exists for part-time and per diem workers, but two hours for full-time?

Okay, let's call it four weeks in a month to keep things simple and say that you work 40 hours per week. That's 160 hours. The personal income tax that UAW charges you is 1.25%. They OWN 1.25% of your ass.

So, of course they'd want the rates to go up, even if it's not justified. They get two fucking hours either way.

Would there be lay-offs? Probably. Let's give a really simple example here to illustrate.

We know that the average hourly for a U.S. auto worker is $28/hour. With that, the UAW would like to see wage increases of 40%, across the board. We know there are a fixed number of workers right now, so it really doesn't matter what number we assign for the purposes of an example. That being the case, we will say there are 100 U.S. auto workers who are full-time.

100 * 2 * 28 = $5,600

With that, we know that is what UAW draws, every month, per 100 full-time workers. That assumes that the average I found is mean, rather than median, which it might be median, but this is just an example.

If this average rate goes up 40%, then the new average becomes $39.20/hour.

Now, let's say that the factories have to lay off 20% of full-time workers, which is high and also ignores that some would become part-time or per diem. We go from 100 workers per 100 to 80 workers per 100, and:

80 * 2 * 39.2 = $6,272

Well, I'll be goddamned. Would you look at that? The UAW makes more money per eighty full-time workers than they made per 100 before.

It's almost as if the UAW knows that there WOULD be layoffs, or that new hiring would be stalled, but it doesn't matter---because the UAW still rakes in more money so that John Gotti, or whoever the fuck is in charge of the shit, can snort even more high-quality cocaine out of even more prostitutes' asscracks.

That said, I'm not opposed to unions as a general rule. I'm opposed to fucking grifts. This is a fucking grift.

Unions should do the following:

For as little dues as practical:

1.) Ensure safe workplace conditions.

2.) Work with the employer to find adequate health/visual/dental coverage plans at a price affordable to employees.

3.) Protect against unjustified terminations. Pay the worker to potentially be terminated from their own coffers until the matter is investigated and discussed with management.

4.) Ensure that union members are making at least industry average for their positions.

But, this is a cash grab.

Does everyone but the companies benefit?

FUCK NO!!!

The American people do not benefit because they now have to pay more for the product. Because of that, some Americans are priced out of the products, which are shitty and overpriced (in this case) anyway...while others are more strapped and don't have money to do other things. That doesn't even account for inflation and the fact that other jobs aren't going to increase accordingly.

Furthermore, the people who are worst off are the people who inevitably get laid off/terminated because of the new ridiculous rates.

Sure, some of the workers who remain do marginally better. UAW, as an entity, obviously will do extremely well.

Unless all production is ceased and outsourced to Mexico, or elsewhere.

Which I absolutely hope happens.

Finally, Youtube kicks ass. Sure, I don't love that Google owns it, but at the end of the day, it's still individual people and small groups getting it for themselves and doing shit that might not be the highest audio/visual quality...but is infinitely more interesting that anything shithole Hollywood has done in decades---especially since Hollywood is mostly content to appeal to the least-common denominator these days.

Load Metric
    I don't want to listen to the Left cry, bitch and moan about everything Trump does and says for another four years. For that reason, I hope that Trump dies before he gets the chance to win next year. I just want Trump gone. The policies don't even matter; what Trump does to people, on both sides of the aisle, is an abject social disaster.

I mean, maybe we'd get lucky and some video would come out with him jerking off to candid pictures of Ivanka.

Ah, shit. Who am I kidding? He'd jump five points in the polls if that happened.

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

Mission146:

Thread Information