Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Serious Inquiry (Attn: Nicky Pipes & Others)

Banned
    Load Metric

Serious Inquiry (Attn: Nicky Pipes & Others)

(Official No Trolling Request)

OK here are the cliffs:

I’m having a huge issue getting motivated enough to get out there in the world and engage in the rat race at this point in my life

Lately I find myself wanting to be as far away from the human race as possible. People are more often than not, boring and shallow and rude and inconsiderate and humorless and lack any kind of real brain power. I find that I can only be at peace when it’s a serene environment like the beach of course.

I hate being stuck in traffic with a passion, and if I do actually ‘work’, the next thing I know I’m dealing with constant phone calls and texts and product codes and FICO scores and a dozen other soul sucking facets of the endless capitalistic pursuit

Now I want to be perfectly clear about this…

I’m not oblivious to the fact that money makes the world go round, and thats ‘the game’

It’s just that I’m not at all driven by ‘things’ or what kind of watch I wear, or owning a house, or driving a Benz…at the end of the day who really gives a shit. I’m not interested in impressing anyone and never have been

I’ve lived a ‘nomadic’ life for the last 40 years and love everything about it. Certain concessions have been made, but overall I have few regrets

OK back to the core problem…

I’m currently in a position to easily clear 15K or more a month if I can somehow manage to get off my ass and put in a 30 hour honest work week

No not bullshit, I make ridiculous commissions when I put on my monkey suit and quit smoking weed wearing flip flops every fucking day. Hand to God, today was the first day I put on real shoes in the last two months and hated it immediately

Just the idea of going out and interacting with a bunch of cunts and Karens and dealing with traffic and stupid Mexicans and other ESL nimrods from third world countries holy shit just thinking about it gives me a physical reaction

So the issue is not opportunity, nor is it ability. I’m a skilled closer with a past track record of success when I actually give a fuck and put my head to the grindstone and get ‘hungry’

My business is really all about the numbers…think about panning for a few gold nuggets by sifting through a pile of reprehensible human trash for a rather lucrative payday

Ok one more important layer to this quandary…

I’m obsessed with living what can best be characterized as a ‘minimalist’ lifestyle and already managed to eliminate a ton of necessary expenses from what was already a rather modest level of consumption compared to some

I have the luxury of being single with no kids, no mortgage, no debt, and with the exception of my car payment and hotel rooms, I have managed to whittle down my monthly nut to record low levels

It’s incredibly liberating to be rid of so much unnecessary financial baggage, and believe it or not, it’s all by design. I can honestly say that for the most part, I love my life right now and feel the best I’ve felt for a long time

Therein lies the problem…what to do what to do

It seems to be a huge trade off from enjoying my mental health and peace of mind, to being flushed in a relatively short amount of time but totally fucking aggro and stressed out

Option A: get off my ass and grind it hard totally dialed in and go full beast mode banking 30K before the end of the year

Option B: keep on living the broke ass flip flop life hanging at the beach every day and avoiding the human race at all costs

I went as far as to start watching motivational videos to get right in the head, but nothing can pry me away from the coast right now. It’s totally bizarre

oh and lastly…

I’m super into my health now swimming virtually every day, and staying super active quickly approaching one full year without a drop of alcohol and don’t want to fuck up my streak

I’m after some kind of Jedi mind trick that will snap me back into reality, and once again push me to be a prosperous and productive member of society once again

poker destroyed any respect I ever had for money over 20 years ago, and I’m still trying to claw my way back

Load Metric
    This makes so much sense now

Comments

1marley1: To think this broke homeless loser was picking on our owl loving DJ… pfffft

splitthis: Lol
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    cliffs?

Comments

1marley1: He broke af and homeless

Serial Fail: Tyde is very broke and borderline homeless, but thinks he can make 180k/year if he just tried

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Get on SS disability and move to a super cheap foreign country?

Or find an enjoyable job at an enjoyable place, eg forest ranger at Yellowstone, dive guide at a Cozumel dive shop.

Comments

tyde: all excellent options I’ve casually investigated already…huge waiting list for park ranger jobs but yea that would be amazing

Load Metric
    First I will take the last part of your post, poker destroyed a large chunk of your life. You are not alone, I burned big money for a 10 year period, I am talking A LOT. I went from buying $3,000 cruise ship tickets before poker and not caring, to getting late notices on my rent and calling my brother for a loan. Quite humiliating. But that was 15 years ago.

I was ribbing you the other day Tyde, but you really need to consider going on a dating website and finding some type of companionship. I am not saying getting married. But you can easily meet some 50 something women to just chill with. You have no kids, and trust me plenty of women will find that appealing. If you are serious about making $15,000 a month, it would be probably pretty nice to go to that golf resort with someone near your age and having a nice dinner. You could probably even split a bottle of wine, your drinking probably had more to do with being bored and alone than anything else. Either way, you really only have 15-20 years left on this planet. Try something different. No offense but you posted that clip a couple weeks ago on that dingy ass rock filled beach as a brag with that folding chair? Really? You should have been with some 52 year old lady sharing some crab and oysters at an outdoor restaurant. But whatever.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Short answer? Option A. Money isn't about things or any of that nonsense. Money is about independence and being able to say fuck you if you want to.

My question is why can't you do both? Dude I commuted 1-1.5 hours each way for years grinding it out and that shit fucked with my mental health. Since March of 2020 I've been working from home killing it in basketball shorts and flip flops every day. I haven't been to the office since December and have zero interest in doing so.

So again, this gig that matches your talents is strictly face to face?

Load Metric
    Taser the Mexicans on side of road by beach, take over selling their flowers and oranges while wearing flip-flops by the beach

Comments

tyde: this option lacks long term viability

country978: a viable option

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    First I will take the last part of your post, poker destroyed a large chunk of your life. You are not alone, I burned big money for a 10 year period, I am talking A LOT. I went from buying $3,000 cruise ship tickets before poker and not caring, to getting late notices on my rent and calling my brother for a loan. Quite humiliating. But that was 15 years ago.

I was ribbing you the other day Tyde, but you really need to consider going on a dating website and finding some type of companionship. I am not saying getting married. But you can easily meet some 50 something women to just chill with. You have no kids, and trust me plenty of women will find that appealing. If you are serious about making $15,000 a month, it would be probably pretty nice to go to that golf resort with someone near your age and having a nice dinner. You could probably even split a bottle of wine, your drinking probably had more to do with being bored and alone than anything else. Either way, you really only have 15-20 years left on this planet. Try something different. No offense but you posted that clip a couple weeks ago on that dingy ass rock filled beach as a brag with that folding chair? Really? You should have been with some 52 year old lady sharing some crab and oysters at an outdoor restaurant. But whatever.

I’m no Brad Pitt

but not interested in 50 something washed up stanky pussy under any circumstances

plus most women are a massive pain in the ass and I don’t have time for drama or bullshit

it’s top shelf or nothing

Once you’ve tasted fine chilled champagne, it’s tough to go back to warm beer

still planning to take a few weeks sometime early next year and head back to northern Brazil where I can slam smoking hot beach bunnies in their 20’s and get treated like rock star

not even remotely interested in stuck up middle aged California divorcees

In fact I’d much rather just jerk off for the rest of my life

Load Metric
    Option C: Brazilian super-AIDS

Comments

tyde: well worth it

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Short answer? Option A. Money isn't about things or any of that nonsense. Money is about independence and being able to say fuck you if you want to.

My question is why can't you do both? Dude I commuted 1-1.5 hours each way for years grinding it out and that shit fucked with my mental health. Since March of 2020 I've been working from home killing it in basketball shorts and flip flops every day. I haven't been to the office since December and have zero interest in doing so.

the biggest challenge by far is no outside support, or qualified lead flow

the money is great, but it’s essentially all self generated business other than referrals, and I despise prospecting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

I’m no Brad Pitt

but not interested in 50 something washed up stanky pussy under any circumstances

plus most women are a massive pain in the ass and I don’t have time for drama or bullshit

it’s top shelf or nothing

Once you’ve tasted fine chilled champagne, it’s tough to go back to warm beer

still planning to take a few weeks sometime early next year and head back to northern Brazil where I can slam smoking hot beach bunnies in their 20’s and get treated like rock star

not even remotely interested in stuck up middle aged California divorcees

In fact I’d much rather just jerk off for the rest of my life
    LOL. OK. Free country. It truly is bizarre anyone would prefer the rest of their life alone than having dinner with someone their own age is strange. You do have a distinct advantage going to Brazil, the 20 year old women you are paying for likely don't understand English so you got that going for you. Ironically I just saw a special on ID Networks where some 50 year old guy went to South America to meet some 28 year old chick really into him on chat. They found him burned to death.

Comments

Load Metric
    If I where in your position I would take the 15 k then take the 3 months off, just my opinion though.

Load Metric
    We aren’t all together different. I was the most social person I knew from teens until I got ill at 30. I got well and divorced at roughly the same time in late 30s. Since then, after years of being sick and somewhat isolated, I was content with my own company to a degree. So few people actually interest me.

For me, I had more money than I think you probably do all through a long period of inactivity, but I live super frugally on a personal basis now. I live just where it’s convenient to get from A to B. I’ve had big houses and expensive vehicles, but I lost all care about that stuff. I live well below my means. I just thought why do I need a big house when it’s just me?

Not having kids, you’re like me in that you only really have to provide for yourself, thus it’s hard to get motivated to do shit you don’t enjoy. Most of the successful people here or anywhere worked hard to provide for their families.

No man is an island as the saying goes though, and you seem rather isolated. I’m not sure one can be really happy without a social circle and personal relationships Not saying you don’t have one, but you don’t mention it if you do.

I’ve actually worked my ass off for going on 10 years now while living frugally so I can push all my chips in and be done in a few years.I simply don’t discuss it. I wasted 5-7 years after I was ill on some weird mid-life retirement where I just burnt $, but knew I didn’t have enough to last 40 more years or enough if I remarried and had to live conventionally.

Sometimes I’m less busy than others. At the moment it’s 80-90 hours a week. I’m doing really well, but I still mark off days like a guy doing time waiting for a day I never need another $, and the closer it gets, it gets easier.

I’m not working to leave shit to children or impress anyone, I do it solely so that when I’m done, I don’t ever have to do it again. After being sick, I realize how helpless I felt, to and how quickly shit can change.

Everything you hate right now, you run the risk of being captive to in the future with no way out if you don’t make hay while you’re healthy and it’s there to be made. You run the risk of ending up in some shitty low level nursing home surrounded by all those people you hate. That’s a reality when you don’t have kids for someone like us. I have a girlfriend and almost kids in a manner, I spend time there when I have it, but they’re not my kids, and anymore, even people with kids get dumped In a nursing home.

Health can flip very quickly. I know a woman, super healthy and active, got ALS about six months ago and is declining rapidly. Thankfully she’s married with multiple kids and has $. Her life is horrid, but at least she’ll be suffering the indignity of her decline at home.

You have like 8 years until you can collect social security and if you have someone willing to pay you well, go bust your ass now and you won’t ever have to again in less than a decade. You can move to Thailand or Mexico comfortably on a beach with even a few hundred thousand and social security.

If you truly love your life now, you can do it until you die if you just suck it up for a few years. That won’t be an option later in life, and you’ll run the risk of being stuck without the option to work your way out. Money gives you the option to avoid being surrounded by everything you hate. It’s freedom. Go spend a few days with all the scum and think about a time when you don’t have the option to get away from them and if that isn’t motivation, I don’t know what to tell you.

Comments

country978:

tony bagadonuts: BCR

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

the money is great, but it’s essentially all self generated business other than referrals, and I despise prospecting
    LOL SO BASICALLY YOU ARE KNOCKING ON RESIDENTIAL DOORS SELLING UPGRADED AIR CONDITIONING UNITS.

DJ CHAPS MEET TYDE.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    If I where in your position I would take the 15 k then take the 3 months off, just my opinion though.
    I’m struggling with finding a happy medium

but the ‘hybrid’ approach seems to be the most logical choice

it all comes down to a very real mental block, and the ability to pull the trigger on jumping back in the mix

Banned
    Load Metric

LOL SO BASICALLY YOU ARE KNOCKING ON RESIDENTIAL DOORS SELLING UPGRADED AIR CONDITIONING UNITS.

DJ CHAPS MEET TYDE.

no retard it’s strictly commercial work

I’m not some door knocking trash selling AC or window panes or solar etc to the elderly or single mothers

the bulk of the prospecting is done via mailers or through a CSM and the occasional referral. I’ll also jump on the phone to set my schedule, but even that is a stretch

I work in a heavily oversaturated and highly competitive industry and have quite a bit invested in custom marketing already

stay on point and out of troll mode for once in your life

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    We aren’t all together different. I was the most social person I knew from teens until I got ill at 30. I got well and divorced at roughly the same time in late 30s. Since then, after years of being sick and somewhat isolated, I was content with my own company to a degree. So few people actually interest me.

For me, I had more money than I think you probably do all through a long period of inactivity, but I live super frugally on a personal basis now. I live just where it’s convenient to get from A to B. I’ve had big houses and expensive vehicles, but I lost all care about that stuff. I live well below my means. I just thought why do I need a big house when it’s just me?

Not having kids, you’re like me in that you only really have to provide for yourself, thus it’s hard to get motivated to do shit you don’t enjoy. Most of the successful people here or anywhere worked hard to provide for their families.

No man is an island as the saying goes though, and you seem rather isolated. I’m not sure one can be really happy without a social circle and personal relationships Not saying you don’t have one, but you don’t mention it if you do.

I’ve actually worked my ass off for going on 10 years now while living frugally so I can push all my chips in and be done in a few years.I simply don’t discuss it. I wasted 5-7 years after I was ill on some weird mid-life retirement where I just burnt $, but knew I didn’t have enough to last 40 more years or enough if I remarried and had to live conventionally.

Sometimes I’m less busy than others. At the moment it’s 80-90 hours a week. I’m doing really well, but I still mark off days like a guy doing time waiting for a day I never need another $, and the closer it gets, it gets easier.

I’m not working to leave shit to children or impress anyone, I do it solely so that when I’m done, I don’t ever have to do it again. After being sick, I realize how helpless I felt, to and how quickly shit can change.

Everything you hate right now, you run the risk of being captive to in the future with no way out if you don’t make hay while you’re healthy and it’s there to be made. You run the risk of ending up in some shitty low level nursing home surrounded by all those people you hate. That’s a reality when you don’t have kids for someone like us. I have a girlfriend and almost kids in a manner, I spend time there when I have it, but they’re not my kids, and anymore, even people with kids get dumped In a nursing home.

Health can flip very quickly. I know a woman, super healthy and active, got ALS about six months ago and is declining rapidly. Thankfully she’s married with multiple kids and has $. Her life is horrid, but at least she’ll be suffering the indignity of her decline at home.

You have like 8 years until you can collect social security and if you have someone willing to pay you well, go bust your ass now and you won’t ever have to again in less than a decade. You can move to Thailand or Mexico comfortably on a beach with even a few hundred thousand and social security.

If you truly love your life now, you can do it until you die if you just suck it up for a few years. That won’t be an option later in life, and you’ll run the risk of being stuck without the option to work your way out. Money gives you the option to avoid being surrounded by everything you hate. It’s freedom. Go spend a few days with all the scum and think about a time when you don’t have the option to get away from them and if that isn’t motivation, I don’t know what to tell you.
    best possible reply I could have hoped for

you nailed it on two specific items:

A: concern about the twilight years being woefully underfunded. This is a can I have been kicking down the road for far too long, but well aware of it looming in my future

B: taking my health for granted…been blessed to rarely get sick. No pre-existing conditions as far as I know. My gene pool has a long list of relatives that live well into their 90’s, so I may be stuck here for a little longer than I’ve planned for. It goes without saying that a serious illness would be catastrophic on multiple levels

BCR I sincerely appreciate your reply. We definitely have a few things in common outside of my lack of financial planning which you seem to have coordinated quite nicely

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Deep discussion in this thread.

Let's not ruin it with trolling.

The truth is that a lot of people here are over 50 and do have to think about retirement years and what they want to do with their final working years. It's a reasonable topic, let's have it play out without shitposting.

I deleted a few posts.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I literally put a disclaimer on the first line requesting ONE thread without trolling

something I never do

and right on cue look at this shit

same two drunken life losers just can’t help themselves

it’s no wonder this place sucks so much ass
    Not trolling. Looking for clarification on the 15k, clear..

Did you mean 1500.00?

Comments

Load Metric
    I literally put a disclaimer on the first line requesting ONE thread without trolling

something I never do

and right on cue look at this shit

same two drunken life losers just can’t help themselves

it’s no wonder this place sucks so much ass
    LOL Moral Police. In 2008 I made one post, one post about helping a buddy refurb a house and for 15 years on NWP, DD, Venom and PFA you posted plumber pictures and said I was squashing out turds. Literally hundreds of times. Absolutely priceless now.

Thread Information