I didn't see it but a friend of mine called me right after this happened saying he was watching this and of course they won't replay it. My friend said he saw the chase going on for least for 20-30 minutes from the time he tuned in but wasn't sure how long it was going on.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...de-136961.html

Fox's Shep Smith apologizes for airing footage of man shooting himself
By MACKENZIE WEINGER |
9/28/12 3:52 PM EDT

Fox News’s Shepherd Smith on Friday apologized after his program showed a man shooting himself in the head on live TV.

Fox’s “Studio B” had been following a speeding car in Arizona during the 3pm hour when the driver pulled over onto a dirt road and exited the car. The man then ran down a dirt path before pulling out a gun and shooting himself in the head. “Studio B” cut the feed and went to Smith, who then said “get off, get off, get off, get off it, get off, get off it, get off it” until the program cut to commercial.

After the break, Smith immediately addressed what happened.

“Some explaining to do: while we were taking that car chase and showing it to you live, when the guy pulled over and got out of the video we went on delay. So that’s why I didn't talk for about ten seconds. we created a five-second delay as if you were to bleep back your DVR five seconds, that’s what we did with the picture we were showing you so that we would see in the studio what was happening five seconds before you did, so if anything went horribly wrong, we’d be able to cut away from it without subjecting you to it,” Smith explained.

“And we really messed up. And we're all very sorry. That didn't belong on TV. We took every precaution we knew how to take to keep that from being on TV. And I personally apologize to you that happened,” he said.

“Sometimes we see a lot of things we don't let get to you because it is not time appropriate, it is insensitive, it is just wrong. And that was wrong. And that won't happen again on my watch. And I'm sorry. We will update you on what happened with that guy and how that went down tonight on the Fox Report. I’m sorry," he said before moving onto another segment.

Fox News has not yet responded to a request for comment.