Thread: Burning Man attendees STUCK in heavy mud, can't leave the area

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Burning Man attendees STUCK in heavy mud, can't leave the area

What a disaster. This is the first time such a thing has occurred, as it barely rains in the area.

It is both causing people to be unable to leave AND also making the place a disaster, where everything is covered in thick mud or clay.

The same rains which flooded Vegas also pounded Burning Man, 500 miles to the north.

It's been a tough Burning Man year, as it started with some wacko environmental protesters blocking the only road in and out, and having to be forcibly removed and arrested, which caused a minor controversy when some libs thought the tribal cops were being too rough.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/02/us/bu...ity/index.html

Comments

Cerveza Fria: And Yet I thought they weren't touch enough.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    it started with some wacko environmental protesters blocking the only road in and out, and having to be forcibly removed and arrested, which caused a minor controversy when some libs thought the tribal cops were being too rough.
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Michael Shackleford may be stuck there. He went the last couple of years. Don't know for sure if he went this year but he hasn't posted on his forum in a week.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    They’re gonna run out of ketamine and then what?

Comments

country978: lsd

Load Metric
    Read the story about Chris Rock and Diplo and thinking to myself this couldve turned out bad.. Apparently they hiked 5mi out of burning man and were picked up by fans (not people from their individual groups) to escape the mess there in the muddy desert.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/03/chris-...-pickup-truck/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Read the story about Chris Rock and Diplo and thinking to myself this couldve turned out bad.. Apparently they hiked 5mi out of burning man and were picked up by fans (not people from their individual groups) to escape the mess there in the muddy desert.

Good thing Will Smith wasn't the one driving.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric

Comments

tyde: Lol excellent

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wanted to like the video above, and it started off okay, but the whole thing went to shit.

This guy was defending the asshole climate protesters who snarled traffic for 10 miles because of their silly demands? These protesters were blocking the only highway in the entire area, not only trapping the people traveling to Burning Man, but also those on the Paiute reservation who wanted to travel on their own land.

Why is this asshole treating them as noble, harmless victims in this situation? Blocking highways is a selfish, dangerous, and narcissistic act.

He also keeps talking about homelessness, and somehow blames Burning Man?

Burning Man's existence has absolutely nothing to do with homelessness. Erecting a "temporary city" (most of which is tents and RVs) has nothing to do with homelessness. It's not like they are building permanent structures and then wrecking them. This is the equivalent of camping or glamping. Idiot.

Furthermore, the "lumber" used at Burning Man is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the overall lumber supply, and homelessness is NOT because of a lumber shortage. It's a combination of zoning laws, poor handling of mental illness, and lack of investment in new housing (which occurs for a variety of complex reasons). Again, idiot.

Burning Man is not causing any kind of climate change. It is a once-per-year event, and its overall effect on the environment is almost nil. Even those dumb climate protesters conceded that, but instead were chiding Burning Man for being "carbon neutral" instead of an agent for positive change. Once again, the guy is an idiot.

Also, this rainstorm was not necessarily due to climate change. If this had occurred at any other time of year, it would have been ignored, because nobody lives there. This is the problem with picking a random spot in the desert to have an event. Sometimes there's a reason no one lives there. It was said they only got about an inch of rain, but all the mud was due to the clay-like ground and the fact that the water had nowhere to drain.

Basically, this was a made-for-Tiktok video, where Angry Liberal Dude yells at other liberals for being performative hypocrites, and then lets you know that he's a Better Liberal than those sellouts attending Burning Man. Oh, and did I mention he yells? Like, a lot? And he's really angry. That shows he cares and is really taking people to task whom he deems beneath him, you see.

So contrived and lame.

Comments

country978: why does he have to be yelling the entire time?

Load Metric
    Name:  BE7B4729-7775-4DDF-8DAD-A6E1228235B5.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  281.5 KB

Load Metric
    Shack gives his account of Burning Man 2023:

https://wizardofodds.com/newsletter/September-07-2023/
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently a lot of these "burners" said fuck the rules, fuck the site, and fuck the environment.

Despite the Burning Man rule of "leave no trace" that you were there, many abandoned trash, supplies, tents, and vehicles when they fled from the muddy mess after the rainstorm.

Now the cleanup job is massive.

What a shock that these "burners" don't really care about the environment or their hippy ideals, but in reality are just there to do drugs and fuck strangers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Shack gives his account of Burning Man 2023:

https://wizardofodds.com/newsletter/September-07-2023/
    It surprised me that Shackleford goes to Burning Man. He's a quiet 58-year-old math nerd, and honestly one of the last people I'd expect to be interested in attending. Only seeing Ben Shapiro there would be more surprising.

Interesting blog, though. It was nice reading a firsthand account from an intelligent guy who writes well, and isn't approaching it from any kind of political or social statement standpoint.

I think the "6 inches of mud getting stuck to shoes" thing is what took everyone by surprise. The common belief is that you want good hiking boots with traction when you're in thick mud, but in this kind of mud, you actually want zero traction, which is why the ziplok bags over the feet thing worked so well.

I wonder what Shack does at Burning Man. Do you have any idea? Is he really taking drugs and fucking young women? I would be very surprised if that were the case.

I know there's some contingent of over-50 hippies who attend this thing. I just didn't expect Shackleford to be one of them.

Load Metric
    What a shock that these "burners" don't really care about the environment or their hippy ideals, but in reality are just there to do drugs and fuck strangers.
    Hey Druff, have you every pretended to be liberal to get laid? Or are you above that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Hey Druff, have you every pretended to be liberal to get laid? Or are you above that?
    Could never bring myself to do this, though it was tempting in college where most of the girls were liberal.

Most liberal girls aren't compatible with me personality-wise, so it didn't really come to the point where I'd need to consider pretending. Though I guess for one night, anyone's compatible.

Most of the girls I've dated and/or hooked up with have been either apolitical or kinda middle-of-the-road.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Could never bring myself to do this, though it was tempting in college where most of the girls were liberal.

Most liberal girls aren't compatible with me personality-wise, so it didn't really come to the point where I'd need to consider pretending. Though I guess for one night, anyone's compatible.

Most of the girls I've dated and/or hooked up with have been either apolitical or kinda middle-of-the-road.
    You’re a better man than me then. But I draw the line at my football allegiances. I’d never pretend to a be a Cowboys fan, even though a lot of those Texas girls are hot AF.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Good thing Will Smith wasn't the one driving.
    I'm getting REALLY tired of the Will Smith and Chris Rock jokes. Will Smith did ONE slap and that was to defend Jada who gave Will a ,"Chris just insulted me and I'm offended! " So, Will slapped Chris because Jada felt insulted and offended. Had Jada not given Will that glare, Will would have never slapped Chris. In fact, Will was LAUGHING until he noticed Jada was upset.
    People paid thousands of dollars for the Fyre Festival only to end up living like Refugees! I feel sorry for them! How could anyone NOT feel sorry for them?

Thread Information