Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmu Buffett no longer wasting away in Margaritaville just decomposing. He’s DD

Load Metric

Jimmu Buffett no longer wasting away in Margaritaville just decomposing. He’s DD

Reported in TMZ website half hour ago. Buffett died earlier on 9/1. No word if he ever did find his lost shaker of salt.

Comments

splitthis: Rip jimmu

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Reported in TMZ website half hour ago. Buffett died earlier on 9/1. No word if he ever did find his lost shaker of salt.
    Great musician. actually had back stage passes to one of his Hialeah concerts about 20 years ago. RIP old friend.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Brilliant

Load Metric
    Clearly they kept something under wraps. He had been hospitalized multiple times in the past year and the comment from his family is telling “he died peacefully surrounded by family and friends”. Guess is he had cancer or he had gone into heart failure since several shows and even a tour were delayed citing Dr orders to rest up.

The good news is apparently his death wasn’t likely from Tetanus due to that pop top he stepped on and cut his foot. (Sorry song lyrics from his biggest hit stuck in my head).

Load Metric
    a legend. rip

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Great musician. actually had back stage passes to one of his Hialeah concerts about 20 years ago. RIP old friend.

Pretty sure that's Gordon Lightfoot who's also recently DD.

Comments

Sanlmar: That’s hysterical. Not Jimmy

gut: Welcome back

Baron Von Strucker: waiting for just the right time to reappear.... legend

tony bagadonuts: Beat me to it
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    That guy took a song lyric and vibe and created a multibillion dollar empire.

more people are likely familiar with the resorts, retirement villages and hotels than his music

His music is the national anthem of the Caribbean

Rip.

Gordon Lightfoot is the funnest thing ever

Load Metric
    How many deadpool players saw "Buffett dead"and then got sad realizing it wasn't Warren?

Load Metric
    Jimmy buffet is my most hated artist ever.

Over twenty years ago I had a job working with adults with developmental disabilities in their homes. Most of these jobs were pretty damn sweet. You often barely had to do anything and could get paid to study for exams. Except one placement where this woman lived who would constantly hit, yell, and bite herself. It was ducking stressful trying to stop her all day. To top it off All she did was play jimmy buffet tapes. Whenever margarita ville comes on it brings me back to that moment of her screaming and biting herself. I got out of that house after about 3 days and never came back nor have listened to that song fully since.

Comments

Sanlmar: +1

Sloppy Joe: Lol
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Pretty sure that's Gordon Lightfoot who's also recently DD.

literally twice the performer and a legendary Canadian...

all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Not my favorite artist but saw His concert in May. Music has always been cheesy to me but the stadium was packed with his hardcore fans. Fun experience and seemed like a good guy to have a beer with. Best song they played was Southern Cross which obviously isn’t his song.

Anyway, RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Not my favorite artist but saw His concert in May. Music has always been cheesy to me but the stadium was packed with his hardcore fans. Fun experience and seemed like a good guy to have a beer with. Best song they played was Southern Cross which obviously isn’t his song.

Anyway, RIP
    Yep, Southern Cross he played that. But you are right it's a Lynyrd Skynrd all time great.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: 4th level chess

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Anyway, RIP
    Yep, Southern Cross he played that. But you are right it's a Lynyrd Skynrd all time great.

LOL I see what you're doing, well done.

Comments

nightmarefish: He’s been doing this for years in every celebrity death thread.

Load Metric
    In 1984 I was roaming around Montana in a Toyota 4X4 hustling pool and playing poker. I was not a world beater with a pool cue but I did pretty good against the barflies in the dive bars. And it was my first introduction to live poker other than kitchen table.

I made money on the pool tables but dumped it in the 5 stud games. I had no clue about poker back then. There was always a poker game in at least one bar in every little town you passed thru. They played 5 card stud with some California Lowball mixed in. And I was also introduced to a new fangle'd poker game called Texas Holdem at the Crystal Lounge in Billings. Years later Annie Duke would get her start at the Crystal.

I had a cassette player in the truck with a lot of cassette tapes. One of them was Jimmy Buffet's Living and Dying in 3/4 Time. His hit song, Come Monday was on it but there was another catchy little tune called Ringling, Ringling. I listened to it often. Here's the lyrics to the song:

"Ringling, Ringling
    Slippin' away
    Only forty people, livin' there today
    Streets are dusty and the bank has been torn down
    It's a dyin' little town

Church windows broken
    That place ain't been used in years
    Jail don't have a sheriff or a cell
    And electric trains they run by maybe once or twice a month
    Easin' it on down to Musselshell

Ringling, Ringling
    Slippin' away
    Only forty people livin' there today
    'Cause the streets are dusty and the bank had been torn down
    It's a dyin' little town

And across from the bar there's a pile of beer cans
    Been there twenty-seven years
    Imagine all the heart aches and tears
    In twenty-seven years of beer
    So we hopped back in the rental car
    and we hit the cruise control
    Pretty soon the town was out of sight
    Tho we left behind a fat barmaid, a cowboy and a dog
    Racin' for a Ringling Friday night

Ringling, Ringling
    Your just slippin' away
    I wonder how many people will be there a year from today
    'Cause the streets are dusty and the bank has been torn down
    It's a dyin' little town
    It's a dyin' little town"

In this song Jimmy sings about a defunct church and a pile of beer cans next to a bar in a town called Ringling. So one morning I was headed south on Hwy 89 from White Sulphur Springs to Livingston. I was in the middle of nowhere. I came upon this sign that said "RINGLING, MONTANA." Then up on the hill overlooking the town was an obviously defunct old church with all the windows broke out. I thought "What the hell?" Then I seen the bar with a giant pile of beer cans next to it. I went Wow! This is bizarre. Has Jimmy Buffet been here before? He couldn't have written that song about any other town but this one."

What I didn't know back then, but later discovered, was ten years before, Buffet was friends with a novelist named Tom McGuane who had lived in the Livingston area since the late 60's. McGuane was married to Margot Kidder for a couple of years. He wrote the screenplay for the movie, Rancho Deluxe, which was filmed in the Livingston area. The film was about two modern day cattle rustlers in Paradise Valley. Buffet wrote the soundtrack for the movie and came to Livingston to make a cameo appearance in the movie singing Livingston Saturday Night. My guess is that's when he cruised thru the little town of Ringling and wrote the song.

McGuane married Buffet's sister, Laurie in 1977. They still live in the Livingston area. Most of the movie was filmed in the Paradise Valley south of Livingston. You can see a lot of it in the movie. It's one of the most scenic valley's in Montana and a lot of celebrities have or have had homes there. Margot Kidder, Peter Fonda, Jeff Bridges, Michael Keaton, John Mayer.

Here's the song, Ringling, Ringling:

You can watch Rancho Deluxe on Youtube for free. Buffet appears at 39:00.

Comments

Tellafriend: interesting. we lost a good one yest.

Sanlmar: storytime. good job

splitthis:

Sloppy Joe: McGuane has written some solid crime novels
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Aggressive form of skin cancer - life in the sun.

No white guy spent more time in the sun than me. Except Tyde of course. We either didn’t know about sunscreen and later chose to ignore it.

I loved wind surfing and thought sun tan lotion was slippery and gay.

I coulda passed for a negro in Phoenix as a kid. I tried

Never wore a hat and rarely a shirt on the boat

I’m gonna get fucked

Comments

Tellafriend: RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

No white guy spent more time in the sun than me. Except Tyde of course. We either didn’t know about sunscreen and later chose to ignore it.

I’m gonna get fucked

I had a good friend die of Leukemia in his early twenties. Literally no lifestyle risks and seemed to be in perfect health. As much as we like to talk about risks factors, for lots of cancers it comes down to genetics and pure luck. Now the good thing about skin cancer is that you can catch it early with screening and its treatable. There are so many people who have lived a similar lifestyle as yours and we just don't see them dying of skin cancer in middle age.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric

I’m gonna get fucked
    That's too bad. Personally I always took proper precautions, always wore a hat and a shirt, and if I did go shirtless I lathered up with 40 UV protection. I went to a dermatologist last year for simply a general check up and basically given a total unmitigated clean bill of health. Hope things work out for you, but generally the way melanoma works is on the scalp hidden by hair. When you find the lesion, it's generally too late and the cancer has already entered your bloodstream. Like I said, I am glad I took the necessary precautions and never have to worry about a stage 4 melanoma.

Banned
    Load Metric

I’m gonna get fucked
    That's too bad. Personally I always took proper precautions, always wore a hat and a shirt, and if I did go shirtless I lathered up with 40 UV protection. I went to a dermatologist last year for simply a general check up and basically given a total unmitigated clean bill of health. Hope things work out for you, but generally the way melanoma works is on the scalp hidden by hair. When you find the lesion, it's generally too late and the cancer has already entered your bloodstream. Like I said, I am glad I took the necessary precautions and never have to worry about a stage 4 melanoma.

melanoma is the least of your problems you fucking alcoholic

once your gastritis kicks in to stage 4, and your stomach lining starts rapidly disintegrating…

it’s game over for you buddy

also you might want to check out those liver enzyme levels before you’re on a dialysis machine 8 hours a day

lol @ bottomset concerned about melanoma of all things

thats hysterical

Load Metric

Angry

I’m gonna get fucked
    Naw, just get thoroughly looked at yearly by a dermatologist.

Besides that, when you shower check your body for any changes, and have your wife look at areas you can’t see every couple of months.

Skin cancer very treatable when caught EARLY.

When I used to drink and was doing poker parties, a guy that attended had some funk on his ear. I told him in my stupor that looks like cancer then laughed hysterically. I told him to see a doc asap. He did and they cut a good portion of his ear off and he told me if I didn’t do that when I did he would have been a goner.

Since I don’t drink anymore I have vowed to keep that annoying abandon.

Comments

Tellafriend: glad for you
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information