Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: We need to talk about the RAM

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Intelligence and political sophistication are two different things.

With Vivek I see a guy who just spouts a lot of right wing talking points which he thinks will resonate with the base, but in reality has no real plan of how to govern.

Say what you want about DeSantis and his flaws, but prior to his 2023 obsession with becoming Trump Lite, he governed with sense and purpose. Big fan of how he handled Florida. Not a big fan of his increasing use of gimmickry to get attention.

But bottom line, I would trust DeSantis to govern sensibly as President far more than I would trust Vivek.

Believe it or not, Trump actually governed sensibly. What was unhinged was his behavior (especially after the 2020 election), but his policies were sound and not particularly radical. And all of his foreign policy decisions worked out, which was pretty much the opposite of both Obama and Biden.
    DeSantis obsession with morphing into Trump lite displays a character which is not genuine and thus suspect.

As a result, I have no belief his policies are anything more than polling.
    What impressed me about DeSantis was that he seemed to really give a shit as governor. He wasn't an empty suit like Gavin Newsom. Hurricanes would show up, and he'd bear down and lead extremely well, to where even Democrats would be forced to concede he did a good job. During COVID, he basically put a lightning rod on his back during a thunderstorm, defying the conventional lockdown/shutdown wisdom at the time, yet also made it clear that he was pro-vax, especially for the elderly. He took a position based upon the actual science, and you could tell he wasn't pandering to the right wing base, due to his vocal support of the vaccine. His approach was proven the most correct of any state, even though he took a massive beating in the media, all while that same media sucked Andrew Cuomo's dick (who was actually doing a horrible job and killing nursing home patients).

Even in his early culture war fights, he was good at cutting through the bullshit and enacting good policy. The left tried to deny CRT was being taught in schools, so DeSantis just banned it and said, "If you're not really teaching CRT, this shouldn't be a problem!" He was right! When the left tried to deny they were grooming and sexualizing young children via propaganda in the school system, he passed a law banning sexual discussion with kids younger than 4th grade, and for it to be "age appropriate" beyond that. All the left could do in response was lie about the contents of the bill, calling it "don't say gay".

I even liked some of his more gimmicky laws -- such as the one where any book judged too dirty to be read at a school board meeting had to be automatically banned from the school system. Perfect. He was great at zeroing in on where the left was acting ridiculous, and passing sensible laws to shut them and their gaslighting down.

I was very confident we'd see him handle the Presidency in a similar fashion.

Then came his weird fight with Disney, which I kinda sorta understood, but felt it was the wrong thing to do if he had Presidential aspriations. Then came a lot of performative nonsense and attempts at acting like Trump Lite, and I started to lose faith. Then the stories started coming out about him refusing to meet with donors and how he'd run out of the room right after giving speeches. A President with social anxiety? Wrong career choice, buddy.

Now I don't know what we'd get with DeSantis if he's elected. I hope he'd be the guy with saw prior to 2023 as Florida governor. But maybe he's forever transformed away from what made him so promising.

I'd still rather have him as President than Trump and (especially) Biden.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One thing I did love about Trump was his foreign policy.

He had everything going for him. He had a great table image -- a semi-unstable guy with an ego who might be unpredictable, yet also willing to show respect if shown respect. The adversarial foreign leaders didn't know what to make of him. He was too hard to read. The US is very powerful, but a lot of that power is lost if you're extremely predictable regarding exactly when we will and won't strike back. Foreign leaders played Obama like a fiddle, and the same has been done to Biden. Not Trump. He was a different animal.

Even the opening of dialogues with guys like Putin and Kim Jong-Un was a smart move. A lot of these strongman types just want to feel like they're being taken seriously. Trump is great at meeting with people and making them feel connected with him -- and that he both understands and appreciates them. This can be a valuable took against your enemies.

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about Trump and his foreign policy, but to say I was pleasantly surprised would be a massive understatement. It's no coincidence that every foreign policy decision he made worked out.

I don't give a shit that various Euro countries hated Trump and found him to be a fool. They're our allies regardless. What they think of our leader isn't terribly important. It's much more important to have the right image of your leader among your enemies and semi-hostile nations. Trump had that.

Not to get too much on a tangent, but the whole mess in Ukraine is partially Biden's fault. Biden actually said out loud where the US would draw the line regarding Russia invading Ukraine, and sure enough, Putin took him at his word. How can a President be so stupid? The Democrats telegraph their moves every single time, to where it's easy to outplay us. Remember how Iran totally owned Obama with that $400m ransom for hostages, and then bragged about it on their national TV? Absolutely pathetic shit which never happened under Trump's watch.

The weird thing about Trump is that he's one of the rare narcissists who also manages to make everyone around him believe he cares about them. Most narcissists are too busy being focused upon themselves to where you just don't get a warm feeling from them. Trump has the loyal following he does because of his ability to connect with other human beings, even ones with nothing in common with him.

Then we have DeSantis who gives a speech and runs away because he's afraid to talk to people.

These two men couldn't be more opposite. Both excel where the other is weak.

Load Metric

Easily the biggest shitshow of a debate I've ever seen.

Comments

garrett: LOL
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Gop become such a joke. Nobody has balls to go after trump and everyone fine with him not showing up to any debates. Hell he literally sent out a demand yesterday to cancel all primary debates moving forward. This is fucked up autocratic shit. Yet all republicans think this is normal and no big deal.

Current polls showing Haley now surpassed desantis
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Gop become such a joke. Nobody has balls to go after trump and everyone fine with him not showing up to any debates. Hell he literally sent out a demand yesterday to cancel all primary debates moving forward. This is fucked up autocratic shit. Yet all republicans think this is normal and no big deal.

Current polls showing Haley now surpassed desantis

LOL so much stupid I don’t even know where to begin…

ok I’m not gonna waste the next 20 minutes spelling out the obvious for you because you are a mouth breathing Canadian neanderthal with a small brain

but first, STFU nobody cares what Canadians think about American politics

secondly, these ‘debates’ are a charade’ and little more than a handful of establishment attention whoring irrelevant neocon RINO power hungry pieces of shit wasting everybody’s time and money defecting from the REALITY that Trump will be the GOP nominee no matter what

these ‘debates’ are a total insult to the American voter.

Trump has been the CLEAR front runner and LOCK for the 2024 nomination every since day one…

this is all pointless and sad and fucking pathetic that we are even talking about that war mongering neocon cunt Nikki Haley who is now being ‘sold’ to us as a legitimate contender and that somehow she poses a real threat to Trump

Or Chris Christie, Mike Pence (LOL) , DeSantis (who’s campaign has been finished for weeks) or even Vivek who is sounding more and more like a used car salesman every day

ITS OVER

can we please just fast forward to the part when all these losers just get off the stage, and get back to Trump stomping out these liberal marxist pigs

there is a backroom coordinated effort to ‘position’ this scripted, choreographed, transparent, hollow vessel war machine mouthpiece, Hindu BITCH Nikki Haley as the nominee

lastly, liberals are losers and I hope they all get aids and fucking die

Comments

Jayjami: Solid post

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: yup
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I wouldn’t give that circus 2 minutes of my time and I used to consider myself Republican.

Whoever moderates these debates should be tried for treason

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Christie's tactic to get into federal politics is to kiss ass to the perceived frontrunner and attack their opponents.

Since he already did this for Trump in 2016 and was rewarded with a big fat dick up his ass, he can't do that one again.

Instead, he attacks Trump and tries to prop up the distant second place challenger, who at the moment appears to be Haley.

I was starting to warm to Haley, but between her unnerving position that people on social media shouldn't be allowed to be anonymous (what would that do for PFA?), and her general establishment credentials, I am over her.

Never took any of the other challengers seriously except DeSantis, who I really liked through the end of 2022, but he's run a horrible campaign, plus has turned into somewhat of a phony in order to pry away Trump's followers. I'll be voting for him in the primary, but not as enthusiastically as before.

The race is basically over. It has been for a long time. These challengers are so far behind Trump, and they aren't moving the needle with Trump's followers, who are still firmly in his corner.

DeSantis might have a shot in '28 if he can take a hard look at his flaws and make the necessary modifications.

Load Metric
    i don't believe anyone gives much if any of shit what his fat ass thinks about anything. he's a pos, hypocritical and vindictive politician. more of the same. who is even watching this trash anyway?

Thread Information