Thread: One MILLION dollars

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

One MILLION dollars

Name:  hendon1-million.png
Views: 342
Size:  230.9 KB

"But how much did you lose?"

I don't care. I got a sweet "1M" badge at the bottom-left.

TWO COMMA CLUB, Y'ALL

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: cool brag only 24k until numero uno

Ricky: Well deserved brag, cheers!

dwai: lol sick brag

garrett: Well Played

Entropy: Druff uses "The Micon System", get your copy today!!

Sloppy Joe:

Load Metric
    I meant 2400 still quite a feat sincere congrats

Bronze
    Load Metric
    congrats!

Load Metric
    Well done Druff!!
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    Congrats, of course you made 10x that online but who is counting.

Load Metric
    I think Druff would be a better tournament player if he didn't obsess over the payouts like he does. I only came back because I noticed it was Main Event time so I was curious what was going on. In his twitter feed all I read about was what his guaranteed payout was at that point or every time the payout increased he would post. First off nobody gives a fuck. Anyone reading his feed either already knows the payouts or doesn't care. It's not like Kim Kardasion or Elon Musk logs on twitter to see how Druff is doing in the Main and what his current payout is. Secondly, the amount of money a min cash is or even what he made isn't changing his world. Dude is worth millions. Allegedly. A $35k cash is a ton of money for a lot of people. Druff probably makes that much a month from his investments.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I think Druff would be a better tournament player if he didn't obsess over the payouts like he does. I only came back because I noticed it was Main Event time so I was curious what was going on. In his twitter feed all I read about was what his guaranteed payout was at that point or every time the payout increased he would post. First off nobody gives a fuck. Anyone reading his feed either already knows the payouts or doesn't care. It's not like Kim Kardasion or Elon Musk logs on twitter to see how Druff is doing in the Main and what his current payout is. Secondly, the amount of money a min cash is or even what he made isn't changing his world. Dude is worth millions. Allegedly. A $35k cash is a ton of money for a lot of people. Druff probably makes that much a month from his investments.
    You said this four years ago during my last Main run in 2019!

I'll give you the same answer now as I did then. I am not obsessed over payout jumps. I just note them so people are aware of what is guaranteed at the moment.

In 2019, they accidentally created a "second bubble", where the payout jumped like $7k after not moving at all for 90 spots, between like 256th and 166th place. This was a huge mistake, as they should not have a situation deep in the event where over 1/3 of the field gets eliminated with the same pay!

Indeed, right as that "second bubble" came close to bursting, the numerous short stacks in the room shut down and got super tight, and basically nobody was busting. That final spot took 30 minutes or more to hit.

I decided I was not going to obsess over it, and in fact shoved 99 over an early-mid position raiser (he was somewhat loose), knowing I could be the second-bubble boy, and knowing that there was a good chance I'd be facing a race if he called, and possibly drawing to two outs. He folded AQ face up and said that he felt he was crushed if I was doing this on the second bubble (which was being talked about at the table at the time).

Bottom line is that I will never play for pay jumps, unless it's a big jump and it's a really marginal spot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So what is your wsop net? Or ROI

Load Metric
    See if you had a PFA hat picture they could put that one on your profile but NOOOOOO

Load Metric
    The Hendon Mob “Popularity Rating”.

We aren’t a big help in this department are we?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    See if you had a PFA hat picture they could put that one on your profile but NOOOOOO
    I don’t think he’s gonna have any luck finding a company willing to make our hats after the recent Supreme Court decision.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do have PFA hat pictures and will probably replace that ancient 2008 pic. I just need to contact them and send them the new pic.

I liked that 2008 NWP hat pic a lot (it was taken during the 2008 Main Event), but enough time has passed to where I don't look like that anymore. I'll go through the ones I have with PFA hats and see which one I'd like to submit for my picture there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    So what is your wsop net? Or ROI
    I actually don't know. I am positive overall, if that's what you're trying to ask. Definitely didn't spend a million in tourney buyins.

Load Metric
    Very impressive mark. Well done, Daniel Druff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I'll give you the same answer now as I did then. I am not obsessed over payout jumps. I just note them so people are aware of what is guaranteed at the moment.

In 2019, they accidentally created a "second bubble", where the payout jumped like $7k after not moving at all for 90 spots, between like 256th and 166th place. This was a huge mistake, as they should not have a situation deep in the event where over 1/3 of the field gets eliminated with the same pay!

Indeed, right as that "second bubble" came close to bursting, the numerous short stacks in the room shut down and got super tight, and basically nobody was busting. That final spot took 30 minutes or more to hit.

I decided I was not going to obsess over it, and in fact shoved 99 over an early-mid position raiser (he was somewhat loose), knowing I could be the second-bubble boy, and knowing that there was a good chance I'd be facing a race if he called, and possibly drawing to two outs. He folded AQ face up and said that he felt he was crushed if I was doing this on the second bubble (which was being talked about at the table at the time).

Bottom line is that I will never play for pay jumps, unless it's a big jump and it's a really marginal spot.
    I really said that four years ago? I'm not sure what is more impressive, me not remembering or you actually remembering.

Comments

garrett: Welcome back Pooh

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I really said that four years ago? I'm not sure what is more impressive, me not remembering or you actually remembering.
    Not kidding, when I tweeted about the first $2500 pay jump, I thought to myself, "I'm glad Pooh isn't watching."

Comments

Pooh: lol I almost spit out my champagne

Load Metric
    Very impressive. Mazel Tov, Gringo, Mazel Tov.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Thread Information