Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official WSOP Event 77 ($777 NL Holdem) Update Thread

Load Metric
    HOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Love the reports

GL Marty, TID

EDIT: Shit, I didn't see your last post. Sorry

Load Metric
    its interesting how the universe works.

bottomset is back, tyde gets knocked out with bottomset, hurricane season is predicted to be average at best.

time is a circle.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Love the reports

GL Marty, TID

see post 20

but thanks Gordman

I’m pretty tilted obv

that really sucked

not like it was a missed draw ffs

LOL and this post is my 7000th post go figure

Comments

Gordman: Already edited.

Pablo: 7000

Banned
    Load Metric
    That experience was a stark reminder just how much of a crapshoot MTT’s really are

The guy to my left was Scott Lazar’s son, and we were talking about just how different tourneys vs cash are

fast forward to 11:15 you guys all remember this one

I’m reflecting on the last few hours of my play and I did get picked off bluffing twice, but got paid on two big hands (set of Q’s and the 4/2s double up)

Other than that…the AQ hand flopping QQrag and calling down only to see the board run out with a 4 flush jfc

I could have EASILY had 100K early, but to be honest the whole tourney is essentially a short handed turbo anyway. Not exactly a ‘deep stack’ in the purest sense

I’m thinking it’s probably more profitable long term in terms of absorbing variance to stick to grinding low limit cash off the strip where the competition is much softer.

anyway just thinking out loud and thought I’d post it

Load Metric
    There is zero you can do with a set on the flop other than push on the turn if you got a knuckle dragger. To be fair to the other guy, he could not fold top two pair either. I played a few weeks ago in a cash game, I flopped a straight other guy flopped a set we were both all in. Obviously he spiked a full house on the river, I mean what are you going to do?

I'd cool off and get back to a cash game and make $300 or so tonight and cool off.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Oh and by the way….

I’m staying in Las Vegas

poker is clearly smack dab in the middle of a 2nd boom, and it seems like this is the right place to be (for now), so I’m holding off on heading back to San Diego

anyone that says ‘poker is dead’ is out of their minds

checked out of Rio yesterday and already moved into my new place

met this sexy black chick that wants to fuck me too (no shes not a hooker idiots)

life is good

Comments

sonatine: nice!

Banned
    Load Metric
    also…

those Euros on my left (3 in a row) were 3 betting me pretty much every time I raised an unopened pot

turtleneck guy picked me off trying to rep a flush, and the guy to his left would raise my big blind literally every hand

The 7 handed turbo style admittedly caught me offguard a bit, and I probably should have opened up my range a lot more, but hey hindsight is 20/20

I’ll still play that ultra stack if the other 3 shares sell or if they don’t, I’ll take whats left. It’s still 30 minute levels, but at least its 9 handed with 20k extra in starting chips

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Oh and by the way

met this sexy black chick that wants to fuck me too (no shes not a hooker idiots)

life is good
    The more the swirl, the better the world, my guy.

Banned
    Load Metric
    sorry I let you guys down but actually I shook off early jitters and got dialed in…

after my double up with 4/2s I had about 80k and was cruising, and settling in nicely with a healthy stack

The AQ on the QQx/x/x 4 flush runout was brutal, costing me about 30K and had to fold river…that was fucking lame

Not sure what to say about the bust out hand other than I would play it exactly the same way again

Comments

country978: no need to be sorry. not sure anyone would've plated it different

Load Metric
    can you get turtleneck to post on skatz loving that dudes vibe

Load Metric
    also whoever took that picture of you and todge that still has a razr we neeeeeeeed him

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    also whoever took that picture of you and todge that still has a razr we neeeeeeeed him
    Didn't want to step on any rungood but Druff's cargo pants/geriatric New Balance combo can no longer be ignored.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    druff was looking foiiiiine

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I learned we still wear watches.

Comments

lol wow: lulll

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Todd crushing in the main event too

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

I’ll try to update here every 30 mins or so

LFG
    I know it's hard to fold QQ, but it seems like that is the one spot in your life that you could easily fold QQ

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some remarks:

That last hand with the 77 was awful. I went out in similar fashion, also with 777, during the final WSOP event I played in 2022. Great pics and updates, Marty. Only complaint is you didn't do any #PFA77 hashtags, but I'll just move this thread to the WSOP forum once it dies, a few days pass, and nobody is posting on it anymore. As long as it's active, I'll leave the thread here where the forum gets the most eyeballs.

The guy with QQ could not fold in the hand highlighted by Pokernews yesterday. He had like 30k total and had already committed 15. 30k was tiny at that point. He did pause and realize he was screwed before putting in his other 15k, so he did consider folding, but I understand why he didn't. The guy with KK obviously didn't know I had AA, because I had just opened UTG and hadn't done anything else yet. He actually did the fake "pause and think about it" before going all-in, hoping to entice me, the bigger stack, with what he thought was a lesser hand. Oops.

Interestingly, the only stack at the table which could bust me had 99 that hand, and thought about calling (the SB and his KK hadn't acted yet), but ended up folding. Imagine if he got in and didn't fold, and I had to sweat beating 99/QQ/KK on a 8667 board! (I would have still won!)

Some people read that hand update and think I tripled. I did not at all. I had about 210 or so going into the hand, and won another 100 there. The QQ had like 30, the KK had 66 (he said it out loud), and the BB/ante contributed 4. For this reason, the runout also wasn't as nerve-wracking as you'd expect for me, as I knew that in the worst case (the KK winning), I'd be down to around 145, which would have been totally fine.

Regarding the "geriatric look with the cargo pants and New Balance", you need to realize that I am 51 years old, and thus am not that far from being an actual geriatric.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Owning heads and threads

Pablo: Great update

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Lol

Load Metric
    take it down Marti!!!!!
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    hurricane season is predicted to be average at best.

sike its going to be an absolute festival of disease and death.

Gold
    Load Metric
    hurricane season is predicted to be average at best.

sike its going to be an absolute festival of disease and death.

Obesity definitely doesn't lead to that.

RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Thread Information