Load Metric
    Phil is such a humble winner.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How does a WSOP super turbo work?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Total FAIL for WSOP and PokerGo.

Instead of streaming this final table -- at least when Hellmuth had chips in the final 5 people -- they had it running on a regular table, where there was no streaming.

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1675648857617895429

Load Metric
    Was he seen roaming the hallways afterwards?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    How does a WSOP super turbo work?
    Blinds up every 20 mins. Turns into a shove fest around hour 6. I played in the 1500 on June 21st.

Went busto after playing zero hands post flop after 3 hours and got it aipf in a coinflip. I actually appreciate that versus playing for days to mincash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sometimes when I make a tweet, such as the one about that girl getting stiffed out of $250k by Ignition, I know it's going to blow up huge.

Other times, I'm shocked when a seemingly mundane tweet gets a lot of attention.

The latter occurred today. It's been fewer than 8 hours since I made that tweet about them not televising the Hellmuth bracelet win, but it's somehow caught fire. Closing in on 900 likes, 130k views, and 34 retweets. Very few people disagree with me. PokerGo getting trashed hard in the comments.

LOL INTERNETS

Bronze
    Load Metric
    PokerGo is a lazy company. I would guess nobody working there has above medium intelligence or drive.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fake news, there's no way Phil can compete against all the internet players.
    He's too predictable, doesn't know how to change up his play bla bla bla.

The Doug Polk's and even the Druff's of the world need to admit Phil's the GOAT by far in tourney poker, but they won't.
    They'll just snicker and sneer as they make fun of Phil, I guess he got lucky again.

Anyhow lets talk about MJ getting hustled.

I guess he should HAVE listened to the other MJ.
    “They have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables, in bad conduct and in barbarism.”—François-Marie Voltaire

Load Metric
    A final table with Helmuth and Ivey and they couldn't find a way to get this streamed?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    A final table with Helmuth and Ivey and they couldn't find a way to get this streamed?
    Yep, complete fail. And they didn't stream Negreanu at a final table the same day, either.

It was in the middle of the night, but there's still no excuse. PokerGo is a high budget operation, and it's backed by Cary Katz billionaire money. Would it be that hard to make a requirement of the job to be on call for a late-night emergency final table, with some kind of bonus compensation for it? 100% this could have been done if they had thought about it in advance.

My tweet is approaching 1700 likes. I've never had that many likes in the history of my presence on Twitter, which spans back 14+ years.

Even those who dislike Hellmuth are conceding that this was awful. Even if you hate Hellmuth, there's no denying that he's an iconic figure in poker, and each bracelet he adds to the pile is a big event that fans of the game want to see.

PokerGo is 100% monitoring the response to my tweet (even though they're not commenting), because they are "liking" the few responses defending them.

I am not even a PokerGo hater like many out there. It is nice that a lot of final tables are covered, and we can watch them almost-live. This is especially nice for friends and relatives of those at the final tables, who may not be able to make it out to Vegas. When I won my bracelet in 2005, it was not televised anywhere. One guy had his buddy videotaping it, but he went out 9th or 10th, so that was that. I knocked him out with a bad beat, so blame me. My parents wanted to be there, but my mom happened to be very sick that day, and in bad pain. It wasn't anything serious, but there was no way she could travel to Vegas, nor could my dad leave her alone. It would have been nice for them to watch it on a stream, but this didn't exist in 2005. They had to settle for refreshing Cardplayer updates.

Anyway, I bet PokerGo makes a change after this, given all the backlash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and Entropy, I'm not one of the people who says that Hellmuth sucks.

Hellmuth is actually one of the best in poker at getting players to hang themselves. Rather than trying fancy plays, he figures out what they are doing, and lets them shoot off into him. This makes his play look unglamorous and "predictable", but in reality it's a great defensive style which allows him to keep winning.

You can't keep winning all these bracelets if you suck.

Comments

BUBBLES:

Cerveza Fria: Yup

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Oh, and Entropy, I'm not one of the people who says that Hellmuth sucks.

Hellmuth is actually one of the best in poker at getting players to hang themselves. Rather than trying fancy plays, he figures out what they are doing, and lets them shoot off into him. This makes his play look unglamorous and "predictable", but in reality it's a great defensive style which allows him to keep winning.

You can't keep winning all these bracelets if you suck.

I've always felt that much of the hate that has been aimed at Phil is due to the fact that he makes a ton of money from promotions and sponsorships, that many pros can't.
    And his behavior at the tables has been less than ideal. He has needlessly bashed other players at the tables. But, as long as you're not from "Northern Europe" you're probably safe from his ire.

But, you can't deny the talent. Not only has he won a lot, he's done it for decades. He has demonstrated longevity in winning so much for so long.

Comments

garrett: Generational Gap too imo "Online Players" had their own way and successes, Hellmuth old school Live pro fun to watch
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Thread Information