Thread: US Government Selling Seized Domains

Load Metric

US Government Selling Seized Domains

http://igamingassets.com/

http://www.thedomains.com/2012/09/02...oylesroom-com/

Nine domain names that were previously seized by the US Government’s Homeland Security Department have been put up for sale or license.

The nine domains include a great generic domain name, Bookmaker.com, and a couple of formerly large poker sites, TruePoker.com and DoylesRoom.com.

It’s not clear who is selling the domains, the US government or the former owners.

The domain names are all now registered to a “US Poker Marketing Affiliate, LLC” of Las Vegas which has an email contact of David@Gzeshlaw.com

Gzeshlaw.com according to their site specializes in “legal and consulting services to clients interested in Internet Gaming law and operations, both US and foreign-based. With over 10 years experience, David Gzesh is a professional who understands both the business and legal issues of the industry.”

We have reached out to the contact on the domain for clarification.

However when domain names were seized by the Government they charged many of the operators criminally for illegally gambling and money laundering. If the Government is now the one putting the domains back up for sale it would be quite interesting what restrictions if any the Government would place on the buyer or licensee.

The 9 domains that were previously seized and are now up for sale or licensing are:

2betdsi.com, beted.com, betehorse.com, betgrandesports.com, betmaker.com, bookmaker.com, doylesroom.com, funtimebingo.com, truepoker.com

Here is the message you when you visit one of the nine sites:

Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's really interesting, and for more reasons than you think.

Most notably, David Gzesh, who you mention is overseeing these sales, was the founder and original owner of True Poker.

I used to deal with him directly, and tried (unsuccessfully) to convince him to allow multi-tabling and faster play. True Poker was the 2nd biggest site at one point in 2001 (behind Paradise), but his refusal to adapt to the players' desires made it into an afterthought.

So the government seized truepoker.com and now the original owner of True Poker is tasked with selling the domain (and 8 others) for them?!

WTF?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    That's really interesting, and for more reasons than you think.

Most notably, David Gzesh, who you mention is overseeing these sales, was the founder and original owner of True Poker.

I used to deal with him directly, and tried (unsuccessfully) to convince him to allow multi-tabling and faster play. True Poker was the 2nd biggest site at one point in 2001 (behind Paradise), but his refusal to adapt to the players' desires made it into an afterthought.

So the government seized truepoker.com and now the original owner of True Poker is tasked with selling the domain (and 8 others) for them?!

WTF?
    truepoker.me ftw...
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Thread Information