They flew too close to the sun.

Odds on them being found in time. 1%

Odds on them being found at all. 20%

Odds on foul play. 30%

Odds on titanic spirits fucking with them. 20%

Too much rich in enclosed space.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: intriguing and ironic

TheXFactor: 100% chance that YOU ARE CRAZY!!!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Watched on news they said it went 2.5 miles down lost contact over 24 hours ago now

Doesn't seem it will end well British World Traveler on board also maybe a Pakistani wealthy person they said

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Watched on news they said it went 2.5 miles down lost contact over 24 hours ago now

Doesn't seem it will end well British World Traveler on board also maybe a Pakistani wealthy person they said
    Hard to believe anything would go wrong with the sub literally steered by a video game console. They were to be on for 8 days, with 5 people crammed in there. Why would anyone think that is a good experience to be in that thing, all to see a ship 90% decayed. Pretty ironic the owner in the video casually flipped the controller, now they can't fine the crew.

The guy on board that is a billionaire is Hamish Harding. He is an aviation guru, who is known worldwide for taking 86 year old astronaut Buss Aldrin to the South Pole. Looks like this is his last adventure.

Video game sub:

Comments

Mission146: FIVE PEOPLE ON THAT SONOFABITCH!!!??? You could offer to pay me $20,000 to be on it five days by myself and I'd tell you to get fucked.

Load Metric
    Next someone else will have a new submersible, charging 500k to go see titanic and the other sub with fresh dead bodies.

Load Metric
    Name:  chrome_qTg3nsTTpm.png
Views: 427
Size:  250.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Next someone else will have a new submersible, charging 500k to go see titanic and the other sub with fresh dead bodies.
    Agreed, also, I don't think the bodies will decay in the vessel since there is no air. It would be interesting if it is stuck in the titanic and some guys face staring out the window for eternity in a makeshift tomb, people snapping pics from their submersible. If you got close enough you may be able to do a selfie.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The only one I feel sorry for is the 19 year old as he probably felt like he had no other choice than to go with his prick father on father's day weekend.

Load Metric
    Have always shudderd at the thought of scuba diving or going in a submarine.

Zero issues with heights but the thought of something going awry in the depths of the ocean freaks me out, especially just to gawk at some rusted boat.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Have always shudderd at the thought of scuba diving or going in a submarine.

Zero issues with heights but the thought of something going awry in the depths of the ocean freaks me out, especially just to gawk at some rusted boat.
    Agree.

I tried to scuba dive in the 1990s. I was able to do all the technical stuff correctly, successfully dove in the practice swimming pool, etc.

Then I got down to the bottom of the actual ocean, saw 30 feet of water above me, and said fuck no. I went back up and quit. The idea of being stuck 30 feet down when something went wrong was too much for me. This was two decades before I had any trace of anxiety, so it wasn't anything related to that.

In 2005, I was invited to play in the first (and only) underwater poker tournament -- a gimmick hatched by Interpoker for their St. Kitts tournament. I stupidly agreed to do it, and went through the same scuba course again. However, during the practice run in the pool, I could not "regulate" my ears anymore, even though I had no problem doing this about 7 years prior in the late '90s. After several tries, I gave up. Something must have changed about my body between my 20s and 30s which prevented being able to do that.

In 2006, the new "extreme" poker tournament involved being in a small plane over St. Kitts and being thrown off the plane in a parachute if you got knocked out of the event. I said no to that one from the start.

The following year it was in an ice cave in Finland. That one I would have done, but I had no association with Interpoker by that point, so I wasn't invited.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently the submersible had real issues in the past with both lost communications, and also had a substantial vulnerability to power loss or fire -- both of which would have fucked the passengers.

During a voyage with a journalist onboard, communications were lost for 2 hours.

A submersible only has oxygen for about 4 days. Military type subs can stay down for months. Taking a submersible to 13,000 feet under the sea is like driving a car on the freeway made of thin aluminum. If everything goes fine, you'll return safely, but there's tons of ways you can die if something unexpected happens.

Load Metric
    honestly anyone putting their life in this guys hands basically deserves what they get:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    honestly anyone putting their life in this guys hands basically deserves what they get:

"Our father died while diving to the ocean floor"

"Ooh, was he studying aquatic life for science? Or was he trying to find pirated gold???"

"No, just to look at some old ship"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I’ve only been scared scuba diving a couple times, once my mask came off on a night dive

Other thing I don’t like is looking into the abyss on a wall dive, I like to be able to see the ocean floor.

Deepest dive so far is 125 ft. Deep dives suck since you burn through your air quickly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    I’ve only been scared scuba diving a couple times, once my mask came off on a night dive

Other thing I don’t like is looking into the abyss on a wall dive, I like to be able to see the ocean floor.

Deepest dive so far is 125 ft. Deep dives suck since you burn through your air quickly.
    Brother you're a braver man than me.

I genuinely don't know if I would attempt that for $1m.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Name:  video_image-eIgf2ZSso (1).jpeg
Views: 319
Size:  71.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you’re not a history or cinema buff you get a pass.
    Otherwise, dive, dive, die.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Hard to believe anything would go wrong with the sub literally steered by a video game console. They were to be on for 8 days, with 5 people crammed in there. Why would anyone think that is a good experience to be in that thing, all to see a ship 90% decayed. Pretty ironic the owner in the video casually flipped the controller, now they can't fine the crew.

The guy on board that is a billionaire is Hamish Harding. He is an aviation guru, who is known worldwide for taking 86 year old astronaut Buss Aldrin to the South Pole. Looks like this is his last adventure.

Video game sub:

im not sure where you got your info that the dive was "8 days" but that doesn't sound correct whatsoever.

everywhere ive read said the actual dive was a total of about 12 hours. There is a limited supply of oxygen, so based on the reports of when they entered the water and supposedly how much o2 they would have left, a multiple day dive wouldn't make sense.

that aside:

another source "they heard banging" at some point

i was flipping through this channel:

in any case, after all of the things ive seen in the past couple of days, it sounds to me like this was more or less possibly a shoddy operation. Whether its the "controller" or the supposed "cheap glass" that was used for the viewport ( https://newrepublic.com/post/173802/...avel-oceangate , who knows.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  8654C6B5-6221-4B6C-8944-7EBE4CE25F34.jpeg
Views: 317
Size:  11.9 KB

Alternative project names

OceanFate
    OceanBait

Gold
    Load Metric