Thread: WSOP 2023 Pro Tips?

Load Metric

WSOP 2023 Pro Tips?

This will be my first time at the Horseshoe/Paris version of the WSOP. Playing the Seniors Event next week. Any advice on logistics is appreciated…

Getting There / Parking - I will be staying off site but will have a rental car during my stay. Do you recommend Uber/Lyft or driving to/from the strip? I heard the traffic around the strip is extra horrible this year. If driving, what would you do for parking if you didn’t have any Caesars status? Any free or cheaper options within walking distance than paying $18+ per day? Like Druff, I’m not a fan of valet parking and don’t mind walking a reasonable distance to/from my car.

Registering – How have the registration lines been? (again, I'm not Caesars platinum or higher). I didn’t want to pre-register, so I was planning to stop by Paris a day or two before to get the lay of the land and register for the tournament. Any particular times I should avoid, or do lines move pretty swiftly so long as there is not a huge Colossus or Main Event type tournament that day?

Meals - I imagine there will be a poker kitchen like they had at the Rio, but any other recommendations on “quick” ways to get food during a 75 minute or 60 minute dinner break? I'll certainly bring snacks/waters, but the Seniors Event 10am start time means I need to figure out lunch and dinner food each day.

Climate – How cold do the rooms get, especially toward the end of each night? Any significant difference between playing in the Paris Ballroom and the Horseshoe Grand Ballroom?

Thanks!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    This will be my first time at the Horseshoe/Paris version of the WSOP. Playing the Seniors Event next week. Any advice on logistics is appreciated…

Getting There / Parking - I will be staying off site but will have a rental car during my stay. Do you recommend Uber/Lyft or driving to/from the strip? I heard the traffic around the strip is extra horrible this year. If driving, what would you do for parking if you didn’t have any Caesars status? Any free or cheaper options within walking distance than paying $18+ per day? Like Druff, I’m not a fan of valet parking and don’t mind walking a reasonable distance to/from my car.

You can buy a parking pass for $100 a week.

Registering – How have the registration lines been? (again, I'm not Caesars platinum or higher). I didn’t want to pre-register, so I was planning to stop by Paris a day or two before to get the lay of the land and register for the tournament. Any particular times I should avoid, or do lines move pretty swiftly so long as there is not a huge Colossus or Main Event type tournament that day?

The lines have been relatively short.

Meals - I imagine there will be a poker kitchen like they had at the Rio, but any other recommendations on “quick” ways to get food during a 75 minute or 60 minute dinner break? I'll certainly bring snacks/waters, but the Seniors Event 10am start time means I need to figure out lunch and dinner food each day.

Food sucks. I miss All American Dave’s in the worst way.

Climate – How cold do the rooms get, especially toward the end of each night? Any significant difference between playing in the Paris Ballroom and the Horseshoe Grand Ballroom?

Caesar’s properties are always cold IMO. The only place it is warm is the very back of the Horseshoe Ballroom, because they keep the door open.

Thanks!
    Good luck. Hope I see you at the final table.

Thread Information