Thread: I'd like to hear Druff's thoughts on this

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'd like to hear Druff's thoughts on this

Load Metric
    I'm gonna hold my nose and vote for Obama, but this is the main thing (among many) that makes it difficult for me to do so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    Congess passes the NDAA with a huge veto-proof majority. How is that Obama's fault? Or is everything just Obama"s fault?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    It's actually Bush's fault.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Congess passes the NDAA with a huge veto-proof majority. How is that Obama's fault? Or is everything just Obama"s fault?

so he didn't sign it?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Real talk whatever happened to the Amero?

Name:  amero_obama_xlarge.jpeg
Views: 449
Size:  25.6 KB

Load Metric
    It's his fault cuz he's black and can't swim.

Stupidness aside am I mistaken or does the NDAA not apply to 99.9% of americans?

this screams tin foil hat to me and i'd like to hear you weigh in on that aspect.

It seems to specifically apply to terrorists and supporters/helpers of terrorism specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    You've been imprisoning citizens of other countries without due process, so it's only fair your citizens get the same right.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    You've been imprisoning citizens of other countries without due process, so it's only fair your citizens get the same right.

Name:  india-colonial-period-01.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  27.6 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    This is the natural outcome from the "War on Terror" and in general the theater of fear played by Republicans. If you are a Republican and support their party, this shit should make you HAPPY.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

Stupidness aside am I mistaken or does the NDAA not apply to 99.9% of americans?

this screams tin foil hat to me and i'd like to hear you weigh in on that aspect.

It seems to specifically apply to terrorists and supporters/helpers of terrorism specifically.
    The issue with the provisions in the NDAA everybody had a fit over, myself included, were thrown out as Unconstitutional back in May by a Federal Court for clear violations of Habeus Corpus among other things, so at least its not legally able to be utilized at this time (Even if it gets dragged to the SCOTUS I dont see those provisions standing a snowballs chance in hell of being upheld because they are/were blantant violations of US Citizens Constitutional rights.) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1522654.html

Load Metric

so he didn't sign it?
    It doesn't matter if he signs it or not when it passes with a 2/3 Supermajority in both the Senate and Congress. He has no veto power in that case and it automatically becomes law.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

so he didn't sign it?
    It doesn't matter if he signs it or not when it passes with a 2/3 Supermajority in both the Senate and Congress. He has no veto power in that case and it automatically becomes law.
    Glad to see our Civics classes not working in America.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

The issue with the provisions in the NDAA everybody had a fit over, myself included, were thrown out as Unconstitutional back in May by a Federal Court for clear violations of Habeus Corpus among other things, so at least its not legally able to be utilized at this time (Even if it gets dragged to the SCOTUS I dont see those provisions standing a snowballs chance in hell of being upheld because they are/were blantant violations of US Citizens Constitutional rights.) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1522654.html
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Glad to see our Civics classes not working in America.
    He's wrong in the details, but generally correct. They had more than enough votes to override a veto. The NDAA is the DOD's budget. They have to pass it or nobody in the military gets paid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Keep in mind that this is just a small excerpt from the NDAA.

The "belligerent act" is indeed poorly worded, and I don't support giving the government such power. Such general wording could authorize the government to incarcerate people under very flimsy circumstances.

I would actually be in favor of such legislation that outlined specific conditions which incarceration could exist, and those conditions would involve very clear support of terrorist organizations. I also would not support indefinite incarceration without a trial.

There were (legitimate) complaints from law enforcement prior to 9/11 that there was too much red tape in order to authorize quick investigation into suspected terrorists. I support making life easier on law enforcement and giving some leeway to the government to fight legitimate terror threats, but things like this hand the government too much non-specific power.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

so he didn't sign it?
    He said he wouldn't sign it and than did.

Load Metric

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

dat be sad

Load Metric
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the reason Obama didn't want to sign the bill was because he wanted more powers added, not fewer. There's no good defense for the pres on this one.

Thread Information