Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual Physical

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Brother I must advise you it is not hereditary.

Brother this type of "stuff" does not actually "exist"

You personally hold the power to control and advance your genetics.

you must understand this
    Brother it is hereditary.

Blood pressure issues and cholesterol issues are mostly hereditary, with only a small portion of it lifestyle-related. There is a small percentage of people who can control high BP or cholesterol with lifestyle changes, but most require meds.

Brother, I present to you a good example of this, in Master Scalir. He and I have similar diets, are a similar height and weight, and are a similar age. He has very good blood pressure but moderately high cholesterol. I have very good cholesterol numbers but moderately high blood pressure. The difference is in genetics.

Brother in the 1980s there was a big panic about cholesterol, and many people cut out fatty foods from their diet in fear of their cholesterol becoming elevated. Years later it was learned that diet only has a small impact on cholesterol levels for most people, but most still engage in this incorrect old school thinking.

Brother there are good reasons to stay away from a high fat diet (such as weight concerns), but cholesterol isn't one of them. Same thing with blood pressure and salty foods. Even if I cut out all salt and stress from my life, I would still have high blood pressure.

Brother, human beings are naturally wired to expect good results from good behavior, and bad results from bad behavior. It makes people feel uncomfortable to learn that certain things are completely out of their control. Brother, people who know of my high fat diet get very upset when they hear that my total cholesterol is 141, while theirs is over 200 and they watch everything they eat.
    What about that crippling gout?

Comments

NickyPipes: Very good point brother
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I’m 47 and have visible abs.

Keep studying those numbers, nerds.

And if you think having a low cholesterol number is good, you don’t understand cholesterol.
    You need abs to attract your gay lovers

Comments

devidee: Jesus. I can smell the fat in this post.

Load Metric

Brother I must advise you it is not hereditary.

Brother this type of "stuff" does not actually "exist"

You personally hold the power to control and advance your genetics.

you must understand this

Blood pressure issues and cholesterol issues are mostly hereditary, with only a small portion of it lifestyle-related. There is a small percentage of people who can control high BP or cholesterol with lifestyle changes, but most require meds.

Brother, I present to you a good example of this, in Master Scalir. He and I have similar diets, are a similar height and weight, and are a similar age. He has very good blood pressure but moderately high cholesterol. I have very good cholesterol numbers but moderately high blood pressure. The difference is in genetics.

Brother in the 1980s there was a big panic about cholesterol, and many people cut out fatty foods from their diet in fear of their cholesterol becoming elevated. Years later it was learned that diet only has a small impact on cholesterol levels for most people, but most still engage in this incorrect old school thinking.

Brother there are good reasons to stay away from a high fat diet (such as weight concerns), but cholesterol isn't one of them. Same thing with blood pressure and salty foods. Even if I cut out all salt and stress from my life, I would still have high blood pressure.

Brother, human beings are naturally wired to expect good results from good behavior, and bad results from bad behavior. It makes people feel uncomfortable to learn that certain things are completely out of their control. Brother, people who know of my high fat diet get very upset when they hear that my total cholesterol is 141, while theirs is over 200 and they watch everything they eat.
    Cholesterol is absolutely hereditary. I was at 210 points in my late 20s in really perfect shape. 20+ years later I am a perfectly regimented, all because of one pill a day I don't even notice. You ask any cardiologist what is the #1 killer for heart disease and its non medicated cholesterol. I was in a Pilot gas station the other day and this guy in front of me had two gas station hot dogs draped in ketchup. He was like 3 bills in weight. Do you think he was on any meds. Obviously not. Don't commit suicide by not getting on simple and cheap meds. Fuck Costco gives Cholesterol meds for free now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Cholesterol is absolutely hereditary. I was at 210 points in my late 20s in really perfect shape. 20+ years later I am a perfectly regimented, all because of one pill a day I don't even notice. You ask any cardiologist what is the #1 killer for heart disease and its non medicated cholesterol. I was in a Pilot gas station the other day and this guy in front of me had two gas station hot dogs draped in ketchup. He was like 3 bills in weight. Do you think he was on any meds. Obviously not. Don't commit suicide by not getting on simple and cheap meds. Fuck Costco gives Cholesterol meds for free now.
    bottomset is correct here.

You can actually do some simple things to prevent health catastrophes after age 40:

1) Get blood test

2) Get on meds or supplements to bring out-of-range levels back to normal

3) Get a colonoscopy after 50 if no family history of colon polyps/cancer, and after 45 if there is a family history

Simply getting on meds for blood pressure and/or cholesterol (if needed) can add decades to your life.

Comments

devidee: Taking meds is terrible advice. Please stop.

Load Metric

bottomset is correct here.

You can actually do some simple things to prevent health catastrophes after age 40:

1) Get blood test

2) Get on meds or supplements to bring out-of-range levels back to normal

3) Get a colonoscopy after 50 if no family history of colon polyps/cancer, and after 45 if there is a family history

Simply getting on meds for blood pressure and/or cholesterol (if needed) can add decades to your life.
    This is 100% correct. BP medication is literally given away for free. I take a lisonpril a day. I am not sure if I even need it, but the Doc says it regulates the kidneys and my BP is always below 120/80. So I take it.

Druff is also right on the colonoscopy. Colon cancer absolutely cannot happen, or call it 99% with a test every 3 to 5 years. The only way you get colon cancer is through polyps and it takes many years from a random polyp to turn to cancer. This is why they freeze them off. See you learned something. Colon cancer at the polyps develop is a death sentence.

Gold
    Load Metric

And if you think having a low cholesterol number is good, you don’t understand cholesterol.
    Brothers finally somebody who understands

Maybe these dork, nerds and geeks “crunching the numbers” should do some crunches instead.

Comments

country978: definitely

Load Metric

Maybe these dork, nerds and geeks “crunching the numbers” should do some crunches instead.
    Brother I hope you are joking. If you ain't getting blood work annually and your ass checked you are rolling the dice. If that is the game you want to play, go ahead, but don't act like you are smarter than anyone else because you sure sound pretty dumb at the moment if that is your stance. Only an idiot would not get the inside of their ass checked out, especially when if you are wrong it's certain death. Cholesterol, BP and Ass checks are all free even without insurance so you are even more dumb, but whatever.

Load Metric
    You fat fucks need to lift weights and eat nutrient dense foods. Never drink a calorie.

That’s literally all you need to do.

Comments

NickyPipes: Correct

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Brother I hope you are joking. If you ain't getting blood work annually and your ass checked you are rolling the dice. If that is the game you want to play, go ahead, but don't act like you are smarter than anyone else because you sure sound pretty dumb at the moment if that is your stance. Only an idiot would not get the inside of their ass checked out, especially when if you are wrong it's certain death. Cholesterol, BP and Ass checks are all free even without insurance so you are even more dumb, but whatever.
    Brother Pipes is a young man, so it makes sense that he isn't getting bloodwork regularly. It is not common at his age to have blood pressure or cholesterol issues, though he should still get it done occasionally just to make sure.

Once you are over 40, and especially over 45, you need to stay on top of these things.

Gold
    Load Metric

Brother I have top of the line insurance for me and all of my 15 children and 15 baby mommas

Brother I am not joking.

This guy giving you advice is correct but you are a whiny geek who is red faced and worked up

Pal you need to hit the gym

Gold
    Load Metric
    You fat fucks need to lift weights and eat nutrient dense foods. Never drink a calorie.

Brothers you need to listen carefully to this guy.

This is the best advice on the forum. Enough geek gibberish about “tests” and “doctor visits”

Nicky Pipes has not seen a doctor for a decade.

I’ll tell you what tough pal, if I went and took those tests I’d have the best scores of anybody here across the board. Straight A’s pal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Brothers you need to listen carefully to this guy.

This is the best advice on the forum. Enough geek gibberish about “tests” and “doctor visits”

Nicky Pipes has not seen a doctor for a decade.

I’ll tell you what tough pal, if I went and took those tests I’d have the best scores of anybody here across the board. Straight A’s pal.
    Brother you need to get back to us in 15 years and tell us if this plan works out for you.

It is easy in your early 30s to sun your balls and never see a doctor, and have zero consequences from it.

Comments

Sanlmar: Jim Fixx would have approved this msg

Load Metric
    cemeteries are littered with high school and college athletes who dropped dead from some genetic defect or other.

Load Metric

Brother Pipes is a young man, so it makes sense that he isn't getting bloodwork regularly. It is not common at his age to have blood pressure or cholesterol issues, though he should still get it done occasionally just to make sure.

Once you are over 40, and especially over 45, you need to stay on top of these things.
    Used to be more of a hypochondriac than I am now (LOL anxiety) but I've gotten annual blood work since 31 and it puts me at ease. Had a bit of a dip in ferritin (iron) two years back that was course corrected by eating more fish.

Obv imperative if you're 40+ or fat/unhealthy.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    For someone who purports to work 24/7/365….he sure posts a lot on an 8th tier poker forum.

Signed up in 2021 but no posts til April 2023….?

Don’t make no sense.

Load Metric

Talking

Your thread started off taking about liver values off the chart. You said you’re on lisinopril, but that’s for BP. If you’re on a statin for cholesterol when you say you are taking about one little pill for 20 years for cholesterol, statin drugs mechanism of action is through the liver. Add in alcohol, and that’s particularly taxing on liver. Those drugs work and are often unavoidable, particularly if you eat well and are proper weight and still high, but they aren’t harmless. I wouldn’t treat cholesterol unless my ratios were way off, particularly with statins. Medicine is moving away from them being handed out like tic tacs.

Comments

Sanlmar: tic tacs

Gold
    Load Metric
    It seems the reasonable thing to do is to stop drinking after the cruise.
    “They have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables, in bad conduct and in barbarism.”—François-Marie Voltaire

Banned
    Load Metric
    bottomset did we ever get a positive/negative test result back on gonorrhea, syphilis and pubic crabs ?

whats the hold up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BCR, what is the issue with statins?

I haven't kept up with the news on them because I don't need them, and my cholesterol levels are so good that it's likely I will never need them. But I'm still curious.

Load Metric
    BCR, what is the issue with statins?

I haven't kept up with the news on them because I don't need them, and my cholesterol levels are so good that it's likely I will never need them. But I'm still curious.
    The main two I hear frequently is they cause muscle pain with a lot of people. Second one is they are linked to mental confusion, which is obviously problematic the older you are. Then you have a bunch of GI and other issues.

The thinking on cholesterol has changed. That total number matters less to them. Ratios, a lot of docs not throwing someone on a pill at 220.

Mine is really good like yours. I’ve talked to my doctor about it just in conversation. He used a hypothetical example where he said I can fix this guys problems with one pill next month, and I literally can’t recall exactly his rationale for waiting, but he had one. He doesn’t love statins. He doesn’t love over-medication at all, despite being a thousand miles from some holistic quack.

He certainly uses them, but I think he’s big into delaying as long as possible and not freaking at 220. I’ll have to ask him again his exact rationale.

Thread Information