Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has a Tantrum

Load Metric

Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has a Tantrum

Absolutely priceless & I don't blame him one bit.

http://eatthis.inmusic.ca/2012/09/gr...adio-fest.html

(•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol @ im not fuckin' justin bieber, hof

I don't even like Green Day atleast not since like 5th grade but I have to say I agree with him. Cut the act that deep for fucking Usher? I would have shit too!

Load Metric
    There's more to the story. It seems they weren't cut short & he's entered rehab:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2012/09/23...enn-story.html
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    yea uh welcome to pr recovery mode, do you really think those jews who pay both bieber and billie ray cyrus really want to deal with this? lol @ thinking all of a sudden this d00d needs help 20+ years deep into his rock and rolla career, COME THE FUCK ON BRAJ

I cant believe I just knocked over my pellegrino limonata laughing at this shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is a quote from him in 1995:

I think I've always been bisexual. I mean, it's something that I've always been interested in. I think people are born bisexual, and it's just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of 'Oh, I can't.' They say it's taboo. It's ingrained in our heads that it's bad, when it's not bad at all. It's a very beautiful thing.

This is what I call "heterophobia".

While most gay/bisexual people don't feel this way, there is a small portion of the community that feels heterosexuality doesn't really exist, and is just a result of societal repression.

Statements like the above are just as bigoted and insensitive as the ones from certain straight people that homosexuality is a choice or a phase.

I have always felt that Billie Joe Armstrong was an arrogant douche.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I thought all females were born bisexual?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I think I've always been bisexual. I mean, it's something that I've always been interested in. I think people are born bisexual, and it's just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of 'Oh, I can't.' They say it's taboo. It's ingrained in our heads that it's bad, when it's not bad at all. It's a very beautiful thing.

While most gay/bisexual people don't feel this way, there is a small portion of the community that feels heterosexuality doesn't really exist, and is just a result of societal repression.

Statements like the above are just as bigoted and insensitive as the ones from certain straight people that homosexuality is a choice or a phase.

If you think that quote is "heterophobic" (lol), you must be a homophobe/Republican.

Load Metric
    I guess I dont understand the point of that article.

The promoters are claiming that they werent cutting him short, HOWEVER, it clearly shows in the video that his time was up.

The promoters needed to clarify things much further with a thorough explanation. They stated nothing of value.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

#1 -- What does a quote from 15-20 years ago have to do with his tantrum? Were you holding onto that quote for the last 15 years waiting for a Billy Joe Armstrong thread to pop-up?

#2 -- It's absurd to listen a drugged-out frontman's views on human sexuality and actually take the time to respond to them as if it's coming from academia and warrants a rebuttal. Billy Joe Armstrong's thoughts on the human brain and what is "learned" behavior should be taken with the same grain of salt as a my take on String Theory.

#3 -- I wasn't aware that you coined the term "heterophobia"
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I guess I dont understand the point of that article.

The promoters are claiming that they werent cutting him short, HOWEVER, it clearly shows in the video that his time was up.

The promoters needed to clarify things much further with a thorough explanation. They stated nothing of value.
    I'm not sure if this is what happened, but generally "warm-up" acts are given a set amount of time to perform. In most locales there are noise statutes that prevent you from having concerts after certain times without having to pay serious fines (I think it can be like $1,000 minute or more). So who knows how "over" the show already was or what the curfew laws are in the area. If the show was running on time they probably don't care, but if they were already behind... well, fuck Green Day. Just a guess on my part though.

His rant should have been, "I've been performing for over 20 years, and we still don't have our shit together well enough to do a 1-hour set!"
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Im aware of noise statutes, being someone who has attended well over 1000 concerts in my life, however I believe this was in Vegas, so I doubt that venue had a time limit ordinance. Its possible, but highly unlikely.

What I would like to know is how did everything play out for this event? Were the performers given a strict timeline/schedule to adhere to, and Usher went over his by 25 minutes, thus cutting 25 minutes off from the final acts performance, in this case, Green Day?

I havent heard any thorough explanation of the entire nights events, only Billy Joe's video, and IMO, his comment about Justin Bieber actually makes no sense to me, as the producers/organizers of the event would likely give a higher degree of special treatment to Bieber than Green Day.

Load Metric
    Don't play stupid corporate events like this I Heart Radio event.

Problem solved.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    its easy money though, and their record company probably needed them to do it.

Load Metric
    Then take the money and behave like the corporate monkey that you are.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Why is Usher and Greenday on the same show?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

Its probably hard to tell "certain musicians" to 100% behave like a corporate monkey. I would put Green Day up in the top 20 of that list.

Load Metric
    Figured for sure this was some sort o publicity stunt. Rehab seems to scratch this theory but I'm still not totally convinced.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Boom.

He's a total asshat. They are the same thing as j to the biebs

Dookie was solid in 1994. Great stuff for 13 year olds across the country.

I was always more of a weezer blue album guy at that time and that album still fucking holds up to anything in the last 20 years.

Load Metric
    Also, keep in mind, that this could just be a PR ruse in a way.

maybe he needed rehab anyway
    they launch their 1st CD very soon, with two more CDs being released in the next 4 months. 3 altogether.

Load Metric
    Name:  bflag.jpg
Views: 5372
Size:  45.8 KB

Thread Information