Thread: Anybody have experience with app development?

Load Metric

Anybody have experience with app development?

I'm looking to finance the creation of an app for the iPhone (can provide more details via PM). Anybody have experience with iOS app development? Or know somebody who does? It's semi poker-related, so a general knowledge of poker is a big plus. Was thinking of using oDesk, but don't know if I'd trust some random on the internet.

Also, if somebody is interested in making this project a joint venture, you can also PM me. Would prefer to work with somebody I at least semi-know over the internet, and I'll probably insist on 51% ownership.

Holler at me
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I'm sure that there is room for more than one app on the market but these guys seems to have a big head start.

Name:  Daniel Negreanu (RealKidPoker) on Twitter.png
Views: 417
Size:  14.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I'm sure that there is room for more than one app on the market but these guys seems to have a big head start.

Just going to be regular Chinese though, not open handed.

And somebody named Martin Charico just contacted me saying he has an expert knowledge in iOS development and can provide excellent service. Should I go with him?
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    you can contact El Gallo via PM. He has experience with making apps.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

And somebody named Martin Charico just contacted me saying he has an expert knowledge in iOS development and can provide excellent service. Should I go with him?
    Name:  -Well-played,-sir.--Well-played..jpg
Views: 5201
Size:  29.1 KB

Load Metric

That's hilarious, Martin Carrillo happens to be the only moron I know of incapable of browsing a fucking poker forum on the Internet.

Seriously if he had a laptop made of Legos he'd have as good a chance of writing a useful app for ios.

Sad sad old man that he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

That's hilarious, Martin Carrillo happens to be the only moron I know of incapable of browsing a fucking poker forum on the Internet.

Seriously if he had a laptop made of Legos he'd have as good a chance of writing a useful app for ios.

i'm hella tilted mike

what are the chances you could do a pfa shoot tonight for the lulz?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm looking to finance the creation of an app for the iPhone (can provide more details via PM). Anybody have experience with iOS app development? Or know somebody who does? It's semi poker-related, so a general knowledge of poker is a big plus. Was thinking of using oDesk, but don't know if I'd trust some random on the internet.

Also, if somebody is interested in making this project a joint venture, you can also PM me. Would prefer to work with somebody I at least semi-know over the internet, and I'll probably insist on 51% ownership.

Holler at me

Bronze
    Load Metric

Just going to be regular Chinese though, not open handed.

Load Metric
    Prob not going through with this. I've been told it'll cost 6-8k and I don't really want to spend more than 3k.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Prob not going through with this. I've been told it'll cost 6-8k and I don't really want to spend more than 3k.
    Making a regular chinese app is dumb when you are sitting on a gold mine game app that we discussed in the past, if perhaps you want to do that I would be interested in talking about sharing some of the cost

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Making a regular chinese app is dumb when you are sitting on a gold mine game app that we discussed in the past, if perhaps you want to do that I would be interested in talking about sharing some of the cost
    I just don't know if there's a market for it. But we can discuss it at some point. And I think it may be too expensive, but we'll see. Talkign to 4Dragons and El Gallo.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

I just don't know if there's a market for it. But we can discuss it at some point. And I think it may be too expensive, but we'll see. Talkign to 4Dragons and El Gallo while multi-tabling 4 twinks on Grindr.
    i fixed your post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    I just don't know if there's a market for it. But we can discuss it at some point. And I think it may be too expensive, but we'll see. Talkign to 4Dragons and El Gallo while multi-tabling 4 twinks on Grindr.
    i fixed your post
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

i'm hella tilted mike

what are the chances you could do a pfa shoot tonight for the lulz?
    im usually down, tonight would have been clutch as i had some ghb (haven't seen any in years) beer "other" and was fucking around with a racoon that's now my new buddy.

it scampered out of my life an hour ago, kinda slow and careful like, up onto the fence,

but he'll be back

i have GRANOLA BARS hehe

got the furry devil hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Mike is probably the only person more likely to claim he was raped by a racoon than get rabies from them.

Plol, good luck with getting your app built, are the prices you getting quoted from americans, or from indian code sweat shops?

You might be able to save quite a few dollars if you willing to risk project problems as the guys saw with DD 2.0
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    Mike is probably the only person more likely to claim he was raped by a racoon than get rabies from them.

Plol, good luck with getting your app built, are the prices you getting quoted from americans, or from indian code sweat shops?

You might be able to save quite a few dollars if you willing to risk project problems as the guys saw with DD 2.0
    I am still looking in to building an app, but it won't be a Chinese app. It's a secret project that me and Jasep are working on. We're in talks with both Americans and Indians right now.
    TRUMP 2024!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There is a good chinese poker app for iOS http://www.acesquared.com/products/chinese_poker/

The AI players are tough to beat, unlike their 17 app which is very easy to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    There is a good chinese poker app for iOS http://www.acesquared.com/products/chinese_poker/

The AI players are tough to beat, unlike their 17 app which is very easy to beat.
    There's also a multi-player one that is on the market which I was unaware of before. In any event, we are now going in a different direction.
    TRUMP 2024!

Thread Information