Thread: Mike Gorodinksy's claims his safe deposit box was emptied at Bellagio

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mike Gorodinksy's claims his safe deposit box was emptied at Bellagio

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1664369361338122241
    https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1664398574871015424

Pretty shocked he hasn't verified it was the right box! I still think this was the correct explanation.

https://twitter.com/gordoMG/status/1664432363462619140

The fact that the box wouldn't open at all makes it really seem like it just wasn't the right box they were trying to open for him.

Comments

Sanlmar: Amazing

Bronze
    Load Metric
    This one time I got robbed in the bathroom at Bellagio and they took all my backers' moneys.

Comments

Jayjami: Think I’ve heard that one before

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    This one time I got robbed in the bathroom at Bellagio and they took all my backers' moneys.
    Bellagio seems to be a prime target for robberies. Didn't Greg Raymer almost get robbed there as well on his way back to his room? I think he foiled it by screaming and yelling and scaring the robbers off.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Do you get any insurance with these boxes or what? Is it an option? Or is this your own risk?

What type of cash are you keeping in these boxes Druff? 100k? 50k?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wouldn’t they have a record of who they’ve opened the box for every single time.

Wtf?

Silver
    Load Metric
    any updates to this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    any updates to this
    99.99% they opened the wrong box.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    any updates to this
    99.99% they opened the wrong box.
    He gave a small update on a podcast that they are still working on it (lol), and that he's going to talk to some "execs" he knows at MGM to see if they can help.

I have no idea why he isn't screaming to high heaven about this, and forcing them to deal with this in a more timely fashion. I did another radio segment about it on June 27th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As I predicted, Bellagio told him to eat shit. Now he's going to talk to media.

I offered for him to come on PFA Radio.

https://twitter.com/gordoMG/status/1680315935796899840

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He ignored my offer to appear on PFA Radio. Instead he went on Pokernews and Onlyfriends.

Anyway, here's the Pokernews article: https://www.pokernews.com/news/2023/...kbox-44150.htm

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He ignored my offer to appear on PFA Radio. Instead he went on Pokernews and Onlyfriends.

Anyway, here's the Pokernews article: https://www.pokernews.com/news/2023/...kbox-44150.htm

#1 it’s rude not to at least not respond and politely decline.

#2 while the other platforms are understandable, Druff has been the only one who has shown repeatedly that he will actually put man hours in to help someone be made whole. This was a long shot, but still a tactical error on his end.

I guess he’s fucked either way. But his recollection is way too hazy with the amount left in the box. Furthermore, he shouldn’t even give a percentage chance that he had emptied the box. When asked if there was a chance he emptied the box he should have just said No He was probably fucked no matter what and I believe this was an inside job. My best guess is someone was tracking the length of time boxes were not being utilized and that is why his was targeted.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post

#2 while the other platforms are understandable, Druff has been the only one who has shown repeatedly that he will actually put man hours in to help someone be made whole. This was a long shot, but still a tactical error on his end.

I guess he’s fucked either way. But his recollection is way too hazy with the amount left in the box. Furthermore, he shouldn’t even give a percentage chance that he had emptied the box. When asked if there was a chance he emptied the box he should have just said No He was probably fucked no matter what and I believe this was an inside job. My best guess is someone was tracking the length of time boxes were not being utilized and that is why his was targeted.
    All correct, and your guess is probably the most likely scenario.

He also shouldn't have given them a range of what was in there. If he really felt like he might accidentally profit from the situation if he remembered incorrectly, he should have given them the low-end figure, but claimed he was certain of it.

He's basically killed his own outrage story by conceding there's even a tiny change he emptied it. Now anyone outside of poker will assume it's just a degen who lost his money and blocked it out (or is lying).

I think they probably stole from him, and I don't think he's intentionally lying about anything. Still, he mishandled this big time:

1) Was not aggressive enough in demanding answers when this occurred.

2) Let too much time pass before officially crying foul.

3) Admitted both publicly and to Bellagio that there was a nonzero chance he had emptied the box and forgotten.

4) Admitted both publicly and to Bellagio that he had no idea how much he had in there -- just somewhere between $45k and $100k.

5) Admitted publicly that he counts on being in good standing at MGM properties to make his living, so he doesn't want to press the matter. That's like wearing an "okay to fuck me over" sign on your back.

6) Ghosted my offer to come on PFA Radio

Comments

JeffDime:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post

All correct, and your guess is probably the most likely scenario.

He also shouldn't have given them a range of what was in there. If he really felt like he might accidentally profit from the situation if he remembered incorrectly, he should have given them the low-end figure, but claimed he was certain of it.

He's basically killed his own outrage story by conceding there's even a tiny change he emptied it. Now anyone outside of poker will assume it's just a degen who lost his money and blocked it out (or is lying).

I think they probably stole from him, and I don't think he's intentionally lying about anything. Still, he mishandled this big time:

1) Was not aggressive enough in demanding answers when this occurred.

2) Let too much time pass before officially crying foul.

3) Admitted both publicly and to Bellagio that there was a nonzero chance he had emptied the box and forgotten.

4) Admitted both publicly and to Bellagio that he had no idea how much he had in there -- just somewhere between $45k and $100k.

5) Admitted publicly that he counts on being in good standing at MGM properties to make his living, so he doesn't want to press the matter. That's like wearing an "okay to fuck me over" sign on your back.

6) Ghosted my offer to come on PFA Radio

Wrong gif druff clearly the correct one is this

Thread Information