Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Move over Bud Light... now Miller Lite is facing the music for woke propaganda ad

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Its sad that the right have turned into as big of snowflakes as the left, ready to cancel things at any moment. They've lost their libertarian roots.

Is the commercial cringe? Yes
    Does the beer industry have a history of sexualizing women? Absolutely.
    Is that a bad thing? Depends who you ask.

But the fact that people are up in arms about this is pathetic. Who gives a shit?

When companies made a shitty commercial in the past we just laughed about it. Now everyone is acting like someone just drew Mohammed.
    It brings to mind a great point that Druff made in the other thread: If sex work is supposed to be legitimate work, and we know damn well those girls weren't forced to do anything in bikinis, then in what world are we supposed to allow for one, but not the other? It's like, you can rail your own asshole with a ten inch dildo on OnlyFans, but you can't appear on a commercial in a bikini? The fuck?

Let's be honest---When you look at sex work or even shit like camgirls, the entire idea is to appeal to men who are either being infidels to their wives, are in an open relationship or are simply social retards who aren't even capable of faking the niceties convincingly and can't get pussy any other way.

Bottom line: You can't say that women sexualizing themselves to appeal to men who couldn't get free pussy on their best day is a worthy career pursuit, but then out of the other side of your mouth, decry advertising that would appeal to such men or talk about what worthless pieces of shit those men are and how their baser instincts should not be appealed to.

Even then, it's pretty senseless. How base does a person have to be to say, "Hey, I'm going to buy beer from Miller Lite because they showed me some hot bitches in bikinis!" Dude, just go the beach or pool. I don't think those commercials sold one bottle of beer, ever, that wouldn't have otherwise been sold anyway. Maybe the live events they did sell some beer, idk.

Anyway, I'm with you in that I simply don't get it. When we're involving minors in things, yes, I do draw a line because that's no different than the indoctrination and brainwashing of children that religious retards do. However, when we're talking about an adult making their own choices, within legality, and regardless of the subject...seriously...what possible reason do I have to give a shit?

---Of course, I maintain that the commercial was clearly intended as a joke.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Its sad that the right have turned into as big of snowflakes as the left, ready to cancel things at any moment. They've lost their libertarian roots.

Is the commercial cringe? Yes
    Does the beer industry have a history of sexualizing women? Absolutely.
    Is that a bad thing? Depends who you ask.

But the fact that people are up in arms about this is pathetic. Who gives a shit?

When companies made a shitty commercial in the past we just laughed about it. Now everyone is acting like someone just drew Mohammed.
    Many people are looking for reasons to be offended or up in arms as you put it. They like being in constant state of agitation. What Miller did here was dumb but not offensive. What Bud did wasn't offensive either. I'm pretty sure anyone old enough to drink a beer can handle seeing a couple trannys without losing their composure. Target going after children; now that is offensive! This is all just to distract the right from what is taking place in many/most schools, including colleges, which is far more radical than some guy with a mental illness being featured on a beer can.
    Not even featured, as it turns out: They produced one can to give to the person as a gift and display on the Instagram. The cans with Mulvaney on them weren't even meant for market. Had it been well-received, maybe they would have done it such that people could order those cans specifically, but I can't imagine in a million years that even dumbass Alissa Heinerscheid would be enough of a retard to bring those cans to general market; I don't think she'd have the authority to do so even if she had been enough of a retard to want to try.

Comments

country978: my only problem with bud light is that its bad beer.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Lol one can retard.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You’ve been trolled by a corporation
    How do you feel?

Thread Information