Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Doyle Brunson DD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    pending 408mike coming back here on a throne carried by his pet spiders, mickeycrimm is the creepiest person on this forum by a country mile.
    Sonatine is the most prolific pedophile on this site.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I gave him the ultimate PFA sign off. You stalked around to find out where he's buried like some thirsty geriatric fanboy. Weird and uncomfortable. Probably standard feedback for most of your life.
    Do you think if Todd Brunson and family are advised of this thread and read it they will think "LATER FAG" is a proper send off for their father/husband? You failed to think of the family.

Druff could possibly get blow back at this year's WSOP over your post. Quit being stupid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

You have no clue. I'm a genealogist. I did Doyle's genealogy years ago. The reason is I had a great grand aunt that married a Brunson. He and Doyle are related and because of it, Doyle and I, though not blood related, have cousins in common.

I'm a contributor to Find A Grave Memorial. I knew Doyle would be buried at Palava at least 5 years ago. Part of Genealogy is figuring out where ancestors are buried. Here's Doyle's grandfather's memorial at Palava. There is a sketch included of Brunson history.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...ilford-brunson
    I'm glad you cleared this up.
    There was really nothing to clear up. Doyle made it public years ago where he was going to be buried. Even told the public that he already had a tombstone in place. He blogged about his coming death. Several years ago he estimated he had about 3000 days left to live.

The information on Palava is all public information that anyone can find on the internet, specifically at Find a Grave Memorial. Find a Grave started as a site where one could find the graves of famous people. But everyone wanted their deceased relatives listed to. So it blossomed to the point that every grave in every graveyard in America has been documented.

Besides listing the burial places of their loved ones there are also biographical sketches of the people interred, who they are related to, etc. It's a great resource.

My guess is every member of PFA can find a deceased relative, whether parent, grandparent, greatgrandparent, listed on Find a Grave. All you need is the person's name and the county/state they were buried in. And I think many of you will find biographical sketches of your ancestors that you didn't know about. It will have been your own relatives that put the information up.

Here's the link. If you get asked to undo your adblocker just click back then click on the link again.:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial

Load Metric
    I gave him the ultimate PFA sign off. You stalked around to find out where he's buried like some thirsty geriatric fanboy. Weird and uncomfortable. Probably standard feedback for most of your life.
    Do you think if Todd Brunson and family are advised of this thread and read it they will think "LATER FAG" is a proper send off for their father/husband? You failed to think of the family.

Druff could possibly get blow back at this year's WSOP over your post. Quit being stupid.
    It's in the spirit of the site and he's welcome to edit if he wants.

What isn't in the spirit of the site, or any site not dedicated to stalking, is geolocating gravesites, taking creepy images from your van and including Google Earth shots like it's 2008.

Todd Brunson is much more likely to be weirded out by some comp whoring slot hobo doing the above.

How many active poker players have you done this for?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    comp whoring slot hobo

Comments

mickeycrimm: sonatine will be buried where all trash goes, the local landfill
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

What isn't in the spirit of the site, or any site not dedicated to stalking, is geolocating gravesites, taking creepy images from your van and including Google Earth shots like it's 2008.

Todd Brunson is much more likely to be weirded out by some comp whoring slot hobo doing the above.

What I did is in the spirit of this site. What you did is in the spirit of the disgusting piece of shit you are. You are a cancer on this site and one of the biggest reasons participation is down. Now get back to eating sonatine's ass.

Does the Brunson family know they can change a post on PFA? You're a stupid ass idiot. Todd has already explained the heat he takes for this site. Your punk ass just makes it worse. You're a creepy ass creep.

Load Metric
    comp whoring slot hobo
    When sonatine skips a meal the stock market drops.

Load Metric
    pending 408mike coming back here on a throne carried by his pet spiders, mickeycrimm is the creepiest person on this forum by a country mile.
    I saw sonatine with a GUESS shirt on. So I said "580lbs?"

What I did is in the spirit of this site. What you did is in the spirit of the disgusting piece of shit you are. You are a cancer on this site and one of the biggest reasons participation is down. Now get back to eating sonatine's ass.

Does the Brunson family know they can change a post on PFA? You're a stupid ass idiot. Todd has already explained the heat he takes for this site. Your punk ass just makes it worse. You're a creepy ass creep.
    There's literally a meme saved for this very purpose that gets posted every time there's a death.

Show me another example of another user stalking burial sites and posting geolocation Google Earth images and I'll buy you a new set of tires, van or chair.

Not comprehending why this is inappropriate and utterly bizarre is shocking to us all but I'm sure that lack of social acumen contributed mightily to your life on the road.

Do you understand? Let's take this to PM's if not.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    -2500 mickey's final deathbed thought wont be about the life he could have lived or the children he could have raised, it will be about the absolutely hilarious posts sloppy joe and i will make in the thread here announcing his passing.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Somehow in googling this story on Doyle I got on his son's Todd's twitter feed. Looks like he owns a restaurant. He posts dishes his chef cooks. Not pretending to be a food critic, but they look amazing. The ribeye/broccoli/pasta dish looks insane. When I make it back to Vegas going to eat there one day for lunch.

Roma Deli Cafe. I actually went there last February when I was in town for a Half Marathon race. Food was amazing. Everything we tried was really good. It's not fancy, and it's located off the strip in a small strip mall. I recommend it.
    Last year I was in Vegas and had loose plans to go to dinner with AHoosierA and his wife. We hadn't picked a place yet. I had wanted to try Todd Brunson's restaurant for awhile, so I suggested that, and we met there.

It was a Friday night, and they had live music -- a young woman singing who was pretty good.

Then I looked over to my right, and I saw Karina Jett, Chip Jett, and Brandon's close friend Jeanne. I went to that table to say hello to them, and Karina mentioned that the singer was her daughter Athena. Apparently Athena performs there on a lot of Friday. I felt a little foolish for not knowing this, because I had seen Karina's Facebook posts about Athena singing there, and totally forgot about it.

Anyway, we talked to Todd near the end of the meal. He was very nice, and brought us out some desserts on the house. I had interacted with Todd some on Twitter in the past, but we had never talked before in person.

I don't think Todd plays much poker anymore. He seems very dedicated to the restaurant, and seems to be there most nights personally overseeing everything.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While Doyle himself would probably have found the "Later Fag" meme funny, I am going to remove it from the OP in case a family member or family friend sees this, and thinks it's serious.

FYI that meme was actually originally used when people would announce they were leaving NWP, and were expecting people to beg them to stay (or agree with their reasons for quitting). It was the perfect response to those attention whoring "goodbye" posts.

Over the years it morphed into a meme about people dying, though usually it's been used about major celebrities from outside of poker. When someone dies within the community, then it can get touchy whether it's in bad taste or not.

Load Metric
    I saw sonatine with a GUESS shirt on. So I said "580lbs?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    While Doyle himself would probably have found the "Later Fag" meme funny, I am going to remove it from the OP in case a family member or family friend sees this, and thinks it's serious.

FYI that meme was actually originally used when people would announce they were leaving NWP, and were expecting people to beg them to stay (or agree with their reasons for quitting). It was the perfect response to those attention whoring "goodbye" posts.

Over the years it morphed into a meme about people dying, though usually it's been used about major celebrities from outside of poker. When someone dies within the community, then it can get touchy whether it's in bad taste or not.
    Fair enough.

I'm sure he'll appreciate Mickey's Motel 6 amateur genealogy research.

Comments

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: lol

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Sonatine is the most prolific pedophile on this site.

we used to call it sex tourism.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Fair enough. I'm sure he'll appreciate Mickey's Motel 6 amateur genealogy research.
    I'm definitely an amateur genealogist because I don't get paid for my research. But I've made major contributions and discoveries that are recognized by professional genealogists. For example, I wrote the most comprehensive genealogical report on the controversy over the identity of the wife of John Rogers (1686-1762) of King & Queen County, Virginia.

John Rogers is one of my 9X greatgrandfathers. He was also the grandfather of William Clark of the Lewis & Clark Expedition. And grandfather of Gen. George Rogers Clark, the founder of Louisville, Kentucky. The Clark brothers and I are 1st cousins, 7 generations removed.

I've made many contributions in the form of biographical sketches on obscure individuals. For example. Capt. Thomas Rogers (1766-1851), another grandson of John Rogers, and a 1st cousin, 7 generations removed. He is buried in Bowling Green, Kentucky. For years his memorial sat there with nothing on it. But I changed all that. Here's an excerpt from his memorial:

"Thank you to Contributor Mickey Grimm (sic) (47282012) for the following information:

'Captain Thomas Rogers is a descendent of John Rogers (1686-1762) of King & Queen County, Virginia.

He wrote 4 letters to Lyman Draper in the late 1840's that are part of the Draper Manuscripts in the George Rogers Clark Papers. These letters were about the ancestry of a famous cousin. He listed his address as Lapsley Hall in these letters. In his will he stated that he owned "the Lapsley Hall tract" and had bought it from the widow and children of Rev. Joseph Lapsley. Draper contacted Thomas Rogers in 1846 because he (Thomas) was 1st cousin of Gen. George Rogers Clark, the founder of Louisiville, and known as "The Conqueror of the Northwest" because of his efforts in the Revolutionary War. Draper was interested in writing a biography on Clark so he contacted the living cousins of Clark for information. Thomas Rogers' other famous 1st cousin was William Clark of the Lewis & Clark Expedition.

Thomas Rogers' parents were:
    George Rogers (1721-1802) of Caroline County, Virginia
    Frances Holmes Pollard (1730-1798) of Caroline County, Virginia.

Thomas Rogers' sister, Frances Rogers (1768-1809) married John Underwood (1767-1815). So Thomas was an uncle of Sen. Joseph Rogers Underwood (1791-1876) buried in Fairview Cemetery.'"

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/.../thomas-rogers

But Joe, with your low I.Q., I don't expect you to appreciate any of it.

Load Metric
    -2500 mickey's final deathbed thought wont be about the life he could have lived or the children he could have raised, it will be about the absolutely hilarious posts sloppy joe and i will make in the thread here announcing his passing.
    Hey, Fatso. You're going to die an early death because you can't quit shoveling heart killing fat down your throat. It's going to be a great pleasure taking a dump on your grave.

Load Metric
    Fair enough. I'm sure he'll appreciate Mickey's Motel 6 amateur genealogy research.
    I'm definitely an amateur genealogist because I don't get paid for my research. But I've made major contributions and discoveries that are recognized by professional genealogists. For example, I wrote the most comprehensive genealogical report on the controversy over the identity of the wife of John Rogers (1686-1762) of King & Queen County, Virginia.

John Rogers is one of my 9X greatgrandfathers. He was also the grandfather of William Clark of the Lewis & Clark Expedition. And grandfather of Gen. George Rogers Clark, the founder of Louisville, Kentucky. The Clark brothers and I are 1st cousins, 7 generations removed.

I've made many contributions in the form of biographical sketches on obscure individuals. For example. Capt. Thomas Rogers (1766-1851), another grandson of John Rogers, and a 1st cousin, 7 generations removed. He is buried in Bowling Green, Kentucky. For years his memorial sat there with nothing on it. But I changed all that. Here's an excerpt from his memorial:

"Thank you to Contributor Mickey Grimm (sic) (47282012) for the following information:

'Captain Thomas Rogers is a descendent of John Rogers (1686-1762) of King & Queen County, Virginia.

He wrote 4 letters to Lyman Draper in the late 1840's that are part of the Draper Manuscripts in the George Rogers Clark Papers. These letters were about the ancestry of a famous cousin. He listed his address as Lapsley Hall in these letters. In his will he stated that he owned "the Lapsley Hall tract" and had bought it from the widow and children of Rev. Joseph Lapsley. Draper contacted Thomas Rogers in 1846 because he (Thomas) was 1st cousin of Gen. George Rogers Clark, the founder of Louisiville, and known as "The Conqueror of the Northwest" because of his efforts in the Revolutionary War. Draper was interested in writing a biography on Clark so he contacted the living cousins of Clark for information. Thomas Rogers' other famous 1st cousin was William Clark of the Lewis & Clark Expedition.

Thomas Rogers' sister, Frances Rogers (1768-1809) married John Underwood (1767-1815). So Thomas was an uncle of Sen. Joseph Rogers Underwood (1791-1876) buried in Fairview Cemetery.'"

Cool hobby, did not know your thirst for men extended to dead ones but paraphilias are strong.

Hopefully your roommate helps with your research.

:

Load Metric

Cool hobby, did not know your thirst for men extended to dead ones but paraphilias are strong.

Hopefully your roommate helps with your research.

:

its not like he can catch any living ones, his rascal has like a 50 meter range at jogging speed.

Load Metric
    The only thing I remember significantly about Doyle Brunson was the book I bought, called Super System or something. I used his strategy, in a poker room in Dallas underground, lost $900, then the next night lost another $800.

I re-read his passage, and be basically said in a sentence if you lost it was because other players could not figure out just how high level his strategy was and it was too complex. LOL, its there if you want to find it, I long tossed the book in the trash. Good guy though I suppose, funny other passage when he knew nothing about dog races and dropped $10,000 on a dog and took the odds from 7:1 to like 1:9. Funny passage, like I said I tossed the book in the trash when I spewed $1,700. Did not appreciate that for sure. But whatever, RIP.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    The only thing I remember significantly about Doyle Brunson was the book I bought, called Super System or something. I used his strategy, in a poker room in Dallas underground, lost $900, then the next night lost another $800.

I re-read his passage, and be basically said in a sentence if you lost it was because other players could not figure out just how high level his strategy was and it was too complex. LOL, its there if you want to find it, I long tossed the book in the trash. Good guy though I suppose, funny other passage when he knew nothing about dog races and dropped $10,000 on a dog and took the odds from 7:1 to like 1:9. Funny passage, like I said I tossed the book in the trash when I spewed $1,700. Did not appreciate that for sure. But whatever, RIP.
    Not sure if you had Super System or Super System 2. The latter was released in 2005, as an updated version of the book, aimed at fitting in better with then-modern games. The original Super System was released in 1979, and had become antiquated by then. Super System 2 also had contributors writing some of the chapters, including people like Daniel Negreanu and Jennifer Harman.

The general consensus about the usefulness of Super System 2 was that it wasn't very good for no limit holdem, but good for mixed games. Today, 18 years after publication, Super System 2 is probably antiquated when it comes to limit holdem, as that game has been played enough to where the proper winning strategy has evolved (much like NL holdem). I imagine PLO probably has the same issue, as that has also evolved. For the other non-holdem games, it's probably still good.

At low stakes games, you should generally avoid any kind of fancy plays, as they will often backfire. Fancy plays tend to work only against decent players who can overthink spots, and can be exploited in that fashion. For players who don't really think that deeply about their poker decisions, you're better off just trapping them or grinding them down.

Load Metric
    Whatever I gleaned from that book helped me beat up on my high school buddies; also remember seeing Gus Hansen playing super aggro on WPT, did that as well and held court for a time.

Probably wasn't remotely helpful but if nothing else made me feel like I had a leg up.

Thread Information