Thread: Chesnoff and Schonfeld do it again- Ruggs gets 3-10 years.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Chesnoff and Schonfeld do it again- Ruggs gets 3-10 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ef3382dc&ei=14

With all this notoriety- I believe he even killed a dog, this is another example of lawyer wizardry.

Load Metric
    I’d kill him if I was that girls family. Absurd sentence. Vegas is Vegas. He’ll be out in 18 months

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’d kill him if I was that girls family. Absurd sentence. Vegas is Vegas. He’ll be out in 18 months
    With time served, you are probably right (not about the killing but the 18 months).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Justice system is Vegas is just so corrupt. We see it time and time again.

If I ever get into criminal hot water there, you know which attorneys I'm hiring.

In Nevada, when you get 3-10 years, you cannot get paroled earlier than the minimum range. So he will see 3 real years behind bars. However, he will probably get credit for time served from early November 2021 through the time of sentencing, which is about 18 months.

So BCR is correct -- we may see him out in 18 months.

Awful.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I read earlier in an article that part of the plea bargain is that he will not get credit for time served on house arrest. So likely he will do minimum 3 years.

Obv still not long enough.
    #ToddsPlan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    I read earlier in an article that part of the plea bargain is that he will not get credit for time served on house arrest. So likely he will do minimum 3 years.

Obv still not long enough.
    Oh if it was house arrest (lol at that for vehicular homicide btw), that makes sense.

Total joke though. Time and time again I keep reading about problems with the Vegas justice system -- both on the too harsh and too lenient sides. It's all about who you are, who you know, and which attorneys you have.

Load Metric
    White privilege strikes again

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    White privilege strikes again
    Name:  Screenshot_20230429_200018.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  120.0 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    https://www.8newsnow.com/investigato...for-20-drinks/

Receipt for 20 drinks at Top Golf reveals an $8 tip on a $442 tab (and they got some kind of local's discount.)

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'd like to remind everyone that any suggestion that Chesnoff and Schonefeld's results are because of corruption is an anti semitic trope period.
    “They have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables, in bad conduct and in barbarism.”—François-Marie Voltaire

Load Metric
    While Richard Barnett is facing up to 47 years in prison later this month after being convicted of his crimes in the Capitol on Jan 6th.

He is best known as the guy pictured for putting his feet up on Pelosi’s desk.

Regardless of your feelings on the guy, no comparison to what Ruggs did. Hell he should get 10 years for the dog alone.

Load Metric
    Officially sentenced 3-10 years.

If he gets out in 3 yrs he'll still be 27, still time to make an NFL return.

They should force him to give 90% of any future pay checks to the victim's family.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

They should force him to give 90% of any future pay checks to the victim's family.
    This just seems like an incredibly light Sentence

And is young 24, hell be young enough to go back in the NFL for sure when released especially if early.....

Will he be in NFL shape he is a speedster and will not lose all that

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I haven't seen anything about a civil suit, but that would be standard.

Load Metric
    justice, LOL. what a mad world we are in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    While Richard Barnett is facing up to 47 years in prison later this month after being convicted of his crimes in the Capitol on Jan 6th.

He is best known as the guy pictured for putting his feet up on Pelosi’s desk.

Regardless of your feelings on the guy, no comparison to what Ruggs did. Hell he should get 10 years for the dog alone.
    Two Tiered Justice alive and well. Although in this case dude was black so have to get some credit I suppose but hes not a political persecution like the dude on Jan 6th. People call Trump Nazis and sympathizing with Putin yet its the Biden Admin literally throwing people in the gulag for political opposiiton in most cases.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The sentence isn't that outrageous. If you guys had to carry the stigma of slavery I'm sure you'd need a drink every now n then.

Totally equitable.

He's black so everyone is expecting a longer sentence. Lets compare this to Billy Lane.
    On September 5, 2006, driving a promotional 2006 Dodge Ram on Florida Route A1A, his driving license having been revoked in a previous incident in North Carolina,[2] Lane crossed a double yellow line to pass two cars, striking head-on the 1983 Yamaha motorcycle ridden by 56-year-old Gerald Morelock, a park ranger at Sebastian Inlet State Park, in the oncoming lane. Morelock suffered extensive injuries, and was pronounced dead at the scene.[3]

Lane turned himself in on Monday, September 21 in connection with the fatal crash, facing charges including driving under the influence and manslaughter, his BAC having registered 0.192 at the scene of the crash, more than twice the Florida legal limit of 0.08.[4] Gerald Morelock's family filed a lawsuit against Lane and Chrysler.[5] Billy Lane entered a plea of "not guilty" the day he was officially charged with the second-degree felony.[6]

The incident drew a range of responses from the motorcycle community, with some calling for stiffer penalties because Lane was himself a motorcyclist, and others calling for leniency for the same reason.[7]

On August 14, 2009, Lane was convicted (pleading no contest) on one count of vehicular homicide and sentenced to 6 years in prison, 3 years of supervised probation, and loss for life of his driver's license.[8] In arguing for the maximum sentence, the prosecuting attorney cited speeding violations and a pattern of poor driving on Lane's driving record.[8] A judge had earlier approved a plea deal where prosecutors dropped the felony DUI and manslaughter charges. Prior to the plea deal, Lane had been facing up to 30 years in prison.[8] Lane was incarcerated at the Avon Park Work Camp[1] with a projected release date of 10/20/2014.[1] As of 02/24/2013, according to the Florida Department of Corrections website, he was at the Orlando Transition Center (male facility) and released 09/18/2014.

Previously, in June 2006, Lane had also been arrested by the North Carolina Highway Patrol and charged with drunk driving. After refusing to take a breathalyzer test at the scene and leaving prosecutors without evidence presentable in court, Lane was found not guilty.[2] Because his license had, however, been revoked in North Carolina, he had lost his right to drive in Florida at the time of the fatal crash.[2]
    “They have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables, in bad conduct and in barbarism.”—François-Marie Voltaire

Gold
    Load Metric
    You guys must not get out much. (Black) people commit much worse vehicular murders than this all the time and get much more lenient sentences for it.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...on%20Wednesday.

--This guy hit and run leaving the woman he ran over to die a slow death in the street (who the fuck nows what alcohol/drugs he was on), wasn't found until a month later, and got a MAX 3 year sentence (which means he wont even serve close to 3 years).

https://www.startribune.com/charges-...gal/600284940/

--Another cold blooded hit and run murder. Judge finds a technicality to throw out the case after some good detective work allows police to find the suspect car.

----I suspect in many big blue cities with progressive DAs if Ruggs had just been a normal black criminal who hit and ran, and not a high profile football player who stayed on the scene, the sentence would have been more lenient.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: our society has collapsed

Thread Information