Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dan Druff the Greatest Long Form Radio Host of All Time?

Gold
    Load Metric

Is Dan Druff the Greatest Long Form Radio Host of All Time?

Look pal the question is simple: Is Dan Druff the Greatest Long Form Radio Host of All Time?

Fella's my challenge to you is to name one better?

You see, Nicky Pipes is a connoisseur of Talk Radio and Long Form Podcasts and Interviews. I've been around the block with who I listen to but trust me pal I find some weird stuff on YouTube.

How many radio or podcasts hosts have had the longevity of Dan Drug?

Many modern day content creators struggle to produce content longer than a few minutes. One thing I've never been a fan of is a "timed" interview. Isn't it annoying when they get to the hour mark and say "ok that's an hour let's wrap it up." Brother, you're making a YouTube video enough with the time constraints. It shows a distinct lack of passion and love of the game.

Dan Druff can host a 9 hour show discussing minor customer service grievances at the local fast food burger stand. And it will be interesting and promote discucssion amongst a community of loyal followers.

How many other podcasters or radio host can say that? Other than all time famous names like Howard Stern, Mike Francescsa, or Michael Savage?

I don't know pal there's a couple, but not from this neck of the woods.

Isn't it a disgrace how Dan Druff has been overlooked and largely ignored by the poker and gambling community?

Listen pal I don't follow "Poker Award Shows" but I know they don't even recognize Druff, rather give awards to dork YouTubers who provide softball questions to the same crew of 5 poker players thats on every show.

You have to respect and acknowledge Druff as an All Time Great.

Is there one single content creator who has been so consistently producing extreme long form Talk Radio and Podcasts out there?

Can you name another show that lasts 5 - 10 hours for me? I want to know about it if so, I am interested in this stuff and I "listen" on long "road trips"

You don't think Nicky Pipes is driving around listening to "classic rock" do ya pal?

Druff is lucky to even get an interview. Why hasn't Joey Ingram or Dork Pork interviewed Druff? Your telling me people wouldn't be interested pal? Fat chance! The guy has a story and interesting life. What is his story? The guy got rich enough to have to work or seemingly generate income ever again playing online limit hold em? Is that the story? I legitimately don't know. Druff seemingly isn't over interested in the stock market or investing. Is the guy secretly an amazing investor who secretly parlayed his poker winnings into stock market riches? How much would you need to win playing online limit hold em to never work again? It's a real question pal, I am trying to earn that much money soon and I need to have a number in mind.

What long form Radio Hosts do you know that are better than Druff?

What's your opinion? Does anybody on this forum even have one? All you want to talk about is Donald Trump? Joe Biden?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Look pal the question is simple: Is Dan Druff the Greatest Long Form Radio Host of All Time?

Fella's my challenge to you is to name one better?

You see, Nicky Pipes is a connoisseur of Talk Radio and Long Form Podcasts and Interviews. I've been around the block with who I listen to but trust me pal I find some weird stuff on YouTube.

How many radio or podcasts hosts have had the longevity of Dan Drug?

Many modern day content creators struggle to produce content longer than a few minutes. One thing I've never been a fan of is a "timed" interview. Isn't it annoying when they get to the hour mark and say "ok that's an hour let's wrap it up." Brother, you're making a YouTube video enough with the time constraints. It shows a distinct lack of passion and love of the game.

Dan Druff can host a 9 hour show discussing minor customer service grievances at the local fast food burger stand. And it will be interesting and promote discucssion amongst a community of loyal followers.

How many other podcasters or radio host can say that? Other than all time famous names like Howard Stern, Mike Francescsa, or Michael Savage?

I don't know pal there's a couple, but not from this neck of the woods.

Isn't it a disgrace how Dan Druff has been overlooked and largely ignored by the poker and gambling community?

Listen pal I don't follow "Poker Award Shows" but I know they don't even recognize Druff, rather give awards to dork YouTubers who provide softball questions to the same crew of 5 poker players thats on every show.

You have to respect and acknowledge Druff as an All Time Great.

Is there one single content creator who has been so consistently producing extreme long form Talk Radio and Podcasts out there?

Can you name another show that lasts 5 - 10 hours for me? I want to know about it if so, I am interested in this stuff and I "listen" on long "road trips"

You don't think Nicky Pipes is driving around listening to "classic rock" do ya pal?

Druff is lucky to even get an interview. Why hasn't Joey Ingram or Dork Pork interviewed Druff? Your telling me people wouldn't be interested pal? Fat chance! The guy has a story and interesting life. What is his story? The guy got rich enough to have to work or seemingly generate income ever again playing online limit hold em? Is that the story? I legitimately don't know. Druff seemingly isn't over interested in the stock market or investing. Is the guy secretly an amazing investor who secretly parlayed his poker winnings into stock market riches? How much would you need to win playing online limit hold em to never work again? It's a real question pal, I am trying to earn that much money soon and I need to have a number in mind.

What long form Radio Hosts do you know that are better than Druff?

What's your opinion? Does anybody on this forum even have one? All you want to talk about is Donald Trump? Joe Biden?
    You put it best, brother. Druff is presently my favorite show. When I was a kid I used to like Paul Harvey who'd famously say "and that's the rest of the story" and for about 20 years I'd have to say Howard Stern had a nice run but there have been some great segments on PFA radio that would rival all of that. The most impressive part to me is that there are never any commercials. Druff could have had sponsors and people still would've listened just as much but never in all these years has there been any commercials with the exception of his personal friend and attorney Eric B.

Load Metric
    Druff is working solo these days. As country points out there are no commercials. He doesn’t take a bathroom break.

What is even more remarkable he never ever uses “umm” or “ahh” or the other usual habits or verbal gimmicks that allow normal humans to collect their thoughts. It’s really is super natural. I can’t explain how this is possible.

Load Metric
    I’ve been saying for over a decade he’s better at the shit than the guys who make a living at it.

Comments

CJEN:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, thank you guys.

I'm glad that the show is appreciated.

I listened to a lot of radio growing up, and always had a fantasy of having my own talk show, but I never considered it as a real career choice. Very tough field. So when it became possible to do it on your own, I went with it, though the niche subject matter, audio-only format, and long runtime keep it from going mainstream.

But that's fine. I'm glad there is a 4-figure audience who enjoys listening to me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    What timing! I was just going to write about a couple of things that reaffirmed that Todd indeed wears the crown.
    I found out earlier this week that another poker podcast is changing from free to paid subscribers only. On the same day I learned that another gambling related podcast is on a "farewell tour" and will soon cease to exist.
    I've always felt that Todd has the best radio voice of all the gambling related podcasters. He has provided me with many hours of entertainment even if I do scream at the radio sometimes during his political rants.
    You keep talking, Todd, and I'll keep listening. That's my promise to you.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I’ve been doing a poker podcast on a weekly basis since 2007. And it doesn’t take me 4 days to edit the damn thing each week. Check your privilege.

Load Metric
    What long form Radio Hosts do you know that are better than Druff? What's your opinion? Does anybody on this forum even have one? All you want to talk about is Donald Trump? Joe Biden?
    Art Bell. George Noory. Larry King.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    I’ve been doing a poker podcast on a weekly basis since 2007. And it doesn’t take me 4 days to edit the damn thing each week. Check your privilege.
    Bart too has an excellent podcast and I always listen to the free version but don't pay for the subscription. I put on one podcast or another every night to fall asleep and Bart has the best voice for that. Also, Bart's call on the J4 Robi/Garret hand was HOF. Probably the best poker announcer.

Load Metric
    Fidel Castro is the only other broadcaster that could hold an audience for as long as Druff.

With the assistance of an army.

Load Metric
    Brother part of being the GOAT in any context is availability.

Between stubborn colds, headaches, stretched stomach, sore throats, dry mouths, LPR, gout there's a history of absences that cannot be overlooked.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Does anyone else find it easy to fall asleep at night listening to Druff? lol no homo

Pretty sure I've heard Druff mention it before about how there is many people that tell him this

You've got a great voice for radio/podcasts & no matter what the topic you pretty much always make it interesting, not to mention when you do voices such as Prahlad Friedman that shits always hilarious

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Prescott View Post
    Does anyone else find it easy to fall asleep at night listening to Druff? lol no homo

Pretty sure I've heard Druff mention it before about how there is many people that tell him this

You've got a great voice for radio/podcasts & no matter what the topic you pretty much always make it interesting, not to mention when you do voices such as Prahlad Friedman that shits always hilarious

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Mickeycrimm dupe obv
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    But is it 8 hours?

I don't think so.

And mine isn't backdoor promoting a commercial product!

Load Metric

Druff is lucky to even get an interview. Why hasn't Joey Ingram or Dork Pork interviewed Druff? Your telling me people wouldn't be interested pal? Fat chance! ?

Because hes not part of the circle jerk.

There is a group of people who in combination “own” poker media and attention. They do everything they can to hold onto there position within that circle. If they interviewed Todd or gave him a voice on their platform it would act as a invitation into that circle. These people only have a interest in their influence growing not promoting Todd.

Todd is better off outside that sphere anyway. Allows him to cover topics he wants to cover. He cant be “canceled”.

Of course he's the best - but the problem is that he's using an outdated medium. Druff has a nostalgic attraction to radio - and hence podcasts - as being the way for the host to communicate with the audience. This fixated idea began in childhood and was buttressed by watching WKRP in Cincinnati and of course Howard Stern. I occasionally catch a podcast live and there is literally no-one else in the live chat. Mediocre poker twitch streamers have audiences of hundreds, and tens of thousands of subscribers and followers on various platforms. Bigger names have millions. It's time for Druff to start exploring other social media options.

Load Metric
    Yes Todd is goat. Spotted him on radio when Lock Poker was on his radar. To go six plus hours sometimes without a cohost and be that compelling is quite the feat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    Of course he's the best - but the problem is that he's using an outdated medium. Druff has a nostalgic attraction to radio - and hence podcasts - as being the way for the host to communicate with the audience. This fixated idea began in childhood and was buttressed by watching WKRP in Cincinnati and of course Howard Stern. I occasionally catch a podcast live and there is literally no-one else in the live chat. Mediocre poker twitch streamers have audiences of hundreds, and tens of thousands of subscribers and followers on various platforms. Bigger names have millions. It's time for Druff to start exploring other social media options.
    Thank you.

I have considered branching out to video, and perhaps even starting a second show about a topic with more broad appeal than poker/gambling.

Unfortunately, I find the video element distracting to my train of thought. On radio I can just talk and know that the only focus will be on what I say. Furthermore, being an older guy, being on video isn't going to add anything. It's not like hot women who attract an audience partially due to their looks, or good looking young guys who attract an audience partially due to a cool factor they bring. Here I'd just be a guy over 50 talking on camera.

The show does get low-4-figures in listens in the archives. The live listeners are a small percentage of that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Used to listen before my company banned it due to gambling content and never got back into it.

Don’t listen to many podcasts anyway

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I listen to Joe Rogan, a little bit of Stern when I'm driving, a few sports podcasts and PFA. IMO Todd is a most naturally talented host out there. It's a hard job and very few people are good at it (color commentary included...just look at Joe Buck and Tony Romo). So many podcasts to choose from and so so many are pure trash.

Todd is one of the chosen few.

Thread Information