Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: getting louder with crowder... in divorce court.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by podcast View Post
    Is it wrong to expect your wife to contribute something?
    As everyone knows, I am no feminist, but the concept of "wifely duties" is extremely antiquated, and harkens back to a day when married women were expected to exist mainly to serve their husband.

You simply cannot have a successful modern marriage if you talk about "wifely duties", even if there is a division of labor in the marriage where the wife does a lot of things similar to what wives in the '50s did.

I do think both people in a marriage need to contribute something, especially if both people are roughly around the same age, and it's not one of those trophy marriage situations.

If Crowder's wife was just wanting to sit home and do nothing, while making Crowder do all the work and make all the money, I'd totally be on his side. However, in this video she was 8 months pregnant, and all she wanted to do was take the car, and was even willing to buy him what he wanted at the grocery store while doing so. He was totally out of line in this whole thing.

Normally when a video like this is released, I would say that it wouldn't mean much, as everyone can have a bad day and act irrationally with their spouse or partner. So one incident of Crowder acting like a jerk doesn't mean he's an awful guy. The problem is that Crowder has long been said to be a controlling and entitled asshole to basically everyone who works with him, so it's not a big stretch to believe that the mistreatment of his wife we see here was fairly routine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Looks like he's doubling down here, and really believes that the release of records will make him look like a great husband, and his wife like an unreasonable bitch.

I doubt this will be the result.

My guess is that he believes he can disprove her lawyer's statement that he went for "elective surgery" at the same time she was close to giving birth, and thus missed the birth of his twin children. He has long maintained that this surgery was for a heart-related issue. Her lawyer seems to be stating that he simply didn't like the way his pecs looked, and selfishly chose to fix it when his wife was likely to be going into labor.

But I think this may be one point in Crowder's favor. Notice her lawyers didn't say cosmetic surgery, just ELECTIVE. Many people equate "elective surgery" with cosmetic or needless surgery, but that's often not the case. Elective simply means it's not urgent. Many elective surgeries are important, either for quality of life, or to reduce risk of major problems down the road. Even my 2021 colonoscopy, while very important given my family history, was considered an elective procedure. Elective surgery made the news in 2020, when they were disallowed for awhile due to COVID. I believe that this had a ripple effect, causing excess death down the line, including right now.

Anyway, I do think Crowder's surgery was for a legit medical issue, and at worst he refused to reschedule it when it had a chance of running into his wife going into labor.

Crowder probably thinks that by proving his surgery wasn't as characterized by his wife's lawyer, he will be vindicated.

But that's just a minor issue here. There's no getting around the main facts of the situation -- namely that he was seen being a callous, unreasonable asshole to his 8 month pregnant wife, and that nearly everyone who worked with him despises him and basically tells the same story about him being a jerk. That plus his battles with the Daily Wire, which he also mishandled (despite actual fault on Daily Wire's end, as well), he would be better off folding in this situation rather than escalating.

But he won't, because I don't think Crowder has the ability to be introspective.

Comments

Mission146: Rule #1 of Narcissism: A true narcissist should feel justified in all he does, regardless of how bad everyone sane thinks it makes him look.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Anyone can see the guy is a fucking miserable Narcissist. But that’s not saying much given how many talk show hosts for this profile. I mean really can anyone else think of a profession that has this high of a hit rate?
    As I was watching this video of him acting like a bad stereotype of an overly-entitled 1950s husband who talks down to his wife, I thought about how most celebrities -- both male and female -- would probably look really awful if we could see similar videos of their behavior at home.

Not to excuse this, and I feel for his wife who seems to have very patiently dealt with his personality issues for a decade, but I think there's probably a ton of narcissism and controlling behavior among celebrities behind closed doors.

I would never want to be married to someone famous.
    You think it's celebrities?

I mean, probably...but this is classic Evangelical Right behavior, right here.

What do you think is the game of the church when it comes to women? Here are the following steps:

1.) You convince little girls that their place is, "In the home."

2.) You convince those same little girls that, because their place is in the home, education really has no great value for them.

3.) Those little girls grow into women (at least, usually, in some instances...they're still little girls) and get married.

4.) The husband ends up being a super entitled prick quoting or paraphrasing some scripture, or bullshit, about a woman's duty to be subservient to her husband.

5.) The church and husbands make rules to effectuate a woman not using contraception.

6.) The church and husbands do everything they can to prevent a woman/women from getting abortions.

7.) You knock her up. In this case, you suspect IVF, but there's no question Crowder wanted her pregnant because his control was slipping.

8.) The husbands proceed to abuse their wives in any way they deem fit---emotional, psychological, sexual, physical....

9.) Where are the wives going to go? They are now uneducated, have kids to take care of and either have no, or very limited, employment experience.

As you can see, the endgame is to effectuate a state of affairs where the woman has to put up with all manner of things---what are her alternatives? Poverty? Public Housing? Government assistance?

Which is also why the Evangelicals have a tendency to be against any forms of Public Housing or Government Assistance, even when it would seem like those things being enacted would benefit some of them.

As far as Crowder, there's not even an argument to be made that this was him in his worst moment; he wasn't angry. This is cold and calculated emotional manipulation with the end goal of making his wife his slave.

This is Christianity...at least some of it. Evangelicals tend to be this way more than the others do.

Comments

devidee: Women should get masters degrees, work in a cubicle and serve a middle manager who will sexual harass them and wait until their mid 40s to try and have kids.

Load Metric
    Why is nobody talking about the fact that a rich guy like Crowder only had one car to share between him and his wife?

When one of my two cars is in the shop, I get restless and grab a rental if it's going to be more than a day or two. Was this some weird form of control where it's more difficult for his wife to have her own life?
    Ummm...obviously.

Comments

The Boz: Chrissy Mitchell all over again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

It was my first thought after watching it. He’s sitting in a very nice home and he has one car? That’s like insane control freak shit if true.

Really amazing how this dude blew himself up. It says his wife asked him not to comment on the divorce, or make it a segment, a few days ago when informed he was announcing it.

I went back and watched the video again. Like she probably lets the matter go and doesn’t drop this on him if he simply announces he’s going through a divorce. She has a huge disincentive to ruin his career. She has his kids for the next 16 years and it’s very much in their and her welfare for him to stay successful.
    The whole video is very weird.
    "The other man you see, the mother comes back"???
    "Put on some gloves"???

Seems very probable the whole video was a set up by the wife though, obviously you shouldn't say "watch it" in a mean tone to your pregnant wife but I would bet a lot of money this was coached/rehearsed on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    “This is my fault, I made a bad choice.”

He’s going to regret those words for a long time. He had to get in that dig and it’s going to cost him everything.
    If your wife is going to f you up based on that comment, she would have f'd you up anyway (and it's been 1.5 years of hell since the filing per Steven so she already has).
    You're out of your fucking mind!

If you're not a controlling, narcissistic, Evangelical asshole, then you can't be, "Coached," to say controlling, narcissistic, Evangelical asshole things.

There's no world where Crowder's words are even remotely defensible.

Comments

devidee: The evangelical mafia lulz

Load Metric
    I'll forgot one on my list; put it anywhere you want:

#(?)---Have a church that likes to handle these sorts of things, "In-house," and strongly insists that divorce, in itself, is a sin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Why is nobody talking about the fact that a rich guy like Crowder only had one car to share between him and his wife?

When one of my two cars is in the shop, I get restless and grab a rental if it's going to be more than a day or two. Was this some weird form of control where it's more difficult for his wife to have her own life?
    Ummm...obviously.

Who do we know that this sounds eerily familiar about???

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Is it wrong to expect your wife to contribute something?
    As everyone knows, I am no feminist, but the concept of "wifely duties" is extremely antiquated, and harkens back to a day when married women were expected to exist mainly to serve their husband.

You simply cannot have a successful modern marriage if you talk about "wifely duties", even if there is a division of labor in the marriage where the wife does a lot of things similar to what wives in the '50s did.

I do think both people in a marriage need to contribute something, especially if both people are roughly around the same age, and it's not one of those trophy marriage situations.

If Crowder's wife was just wanting to sit home and do nothing, while making Crowder do all the work and make all the money, I'd totally be on his side. However, in this video she was 8 months pregnant, and all she wanted to do was take the car, and was even willing to buy him what he wanted at the grocery store while doing so. He was totally out of line in this whole thing.

Normally when a video like this is released, I would say that it wouldn't mean much, as everyone can have a bad day and act irrationally with their spouse or partner. So one incident of Crowder acting like a jerk doesn't mean he's an awful guy. The problem is that Crowder has long been said to be a controlling and entitled asshole to basically everyone who works with him, so it's not a big stretch to believe that the mistreatment of his wife we see here was fairly routine.
    I'm not saying he's a good guy. I'm not sure what's so bad about the term "wifely duties".

Anyway, I don't really care that much about this so good talk everyone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

As I was watching this video of him acting like a bad stereotype of an overly-entitled 1950s husband who talks down to his wife, I thought about how most celebrities -- both male and female -- would probably look really awful if we could see similar videos of their behavior at home.

Not to excuse this, and I feel for his wife who seems to have very patiently dealt with his personality issues for a decade, but I think there's probably a ton of narcissism and controlling behavior among celebrities behind closed doors.

I would never want to be married to someone famous.
    You think it's celebrities?

I mean, probably...but this is classic Evangelical Right behavior, right here.

What do you think is the game of the church when it comes to women? Here are the following steps:

1.) You convince little girls that their place is, "In the home."

2.) You convince those same little girls that, because their place is in the home, education really has no great value for them.

3.) Those little girls grow into women (at least, usually, in some instances...they're still little girls) and get married.

4.) The husband ends up being a super entitled prick quoting or paraphrasing some scripture, or bullshit, about a woman's duty to be subservient to her husband.

5.) The church and husbands make rules to effectuate a woman not using contraception.

6.) The church and husbands do everything they can to prevent a woman/women from getting abortions.

7.) You knock her up. In this case, you suspect IVF, but there's no question Crowder wanted her pregnant because his control was slipping.

8.) The husbands proceed to abuse their wives in any way they deem fit---emotional, psychological, sexual, physical....

9.) Where are the wives going to go? They are now uneducated, have kids to take care of and either have no, or very limited, employment experience.

As you can see, the endgame is to effectuate a state of affairs where the woman has to put up with all manner of things---what are her alternatives? Poverty? Public Housing? Government assistance?

Which is also why the Evangelicals have a tendency to be against any forms of Public Housing or Government Assistance, even when it would seem like those things being enacted would benefit some of them.

As far as Crowder, there's not even an argument to be made that this was him in his worst moment; he wasn't angry. This is cold and calculated emotional manipulation with the end goal of making his wife his slave.

This is Christianity...at least some of it. Evangelicals tend to be this way more than the others do.

This is generalizing too much.

Crowder's treatment of his wife isn't from being a religious Christian. That might inform some of his views, but note that he treated his male employees in a similar degrading, controlling manner as he did his wife.

This seems to much more be a product of psychological issues on his part. There's something wrong with the guy. I've seen evidence of this for a long time, and even posted about it on this forum, long before most others were talking about it. Even when I was a big fan of the show and watched it every day, my opinion was, "Crowder is a very entertaining and talented guy, but he seems like he'd be a real asshole to work for."

The wife stuff was surprising but not surprising. It's not surprising in that it mirrors how he treats his employees, even ones he got to befriend. It's surprising in that he ranted many times on his show about respecting your wife, that the husband and wife are both important in the marriage and both bring different things to the table, and other statements which would indicate that he saw his wife as a partner and not a slave. Looks like that was all just a bunch of rhetoric, and indeed he believed his wife was mostly a servant to him.

It's also possible that his wife had her own issues, and mistreated him at times, and we only got to see the hand-selected video where she was very calm/reasonable and he was the complete asshole. Maybe at other times, Crowder himself was the reasonable one, and his wife was acting crazy. But I doubt it. As I said, Crowder already has history regarding lashing out at people close to him, and treating others like shit.

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric

Comments

lol wow: Trundling towards Bethlehem
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

This is generalizing too much.

Crowder's treatment of his wife isn't from being a religious Christian. That might inform some of his views, but note that he treated his male employees in a similar degrading, controlling manner as he did his wife.

This seems to much more be a product of psychological issues on his part. There's something wrong with the guy. I've seen evidence of this for a long time, and even posted about it on this forum, long before most others were talking about it. Even when I was a big fan of the show and watched it every day, my opinion was, "Crowder is a very entertaining and talented guy, but he seems like he'd be a real asshole to work for."

The wife stuff was surprising but not surprising. It's not surprising in that it mirrors how he treats his employees, even ones he got to befriend. It's surprising in that he ranted many times on his show about respecting your wife, that the husband and wife are both important in the marriage and both bring different things to the table, and other statements which would indicate that he saw his wife as a partner and not a slave. Looks like that was all just a bunch of rhetoric, and indeed he believed his wife was mostly a servant to him.

It's also possible that his wife had her own issues, and mistreated him at times, and we only got to see the hand-selected video where she was very calm/reasonable and he was the complete asshole. Maybe at other times, Crowder himself was the reasonable one, and his wife was acting crazy. But I doubt it. As I said, Crowder already has history regarding lashing out at people close to him, and treating others like shit.
    Let me clarify that I am not suggesting EVERY Evangelical husband is this way; it is simply my position that the way they teach the religion, as well as the political ends they would see effectuated, enables this sort of systematic control over their wives for those inclined to do so.

Also, let me make it clear that these spousal issues are far from the only thing that they try to handle, 'In house,' and there are all manner of things wherein they basically cover for one another; abuses of any variety you can think of. I've not been subject to any form of abuse, but I've certainly seen it happen on a few occasions and also have second-hand knowledge of it from individuals who I tend to think are credible.

As far as Crowder being empty and sanctimonious rhetoric, once again, that is something that is not at all uncommon with Evangelicals. Outward appearances mean everything to a great many of those people, but there are often unspeakable things that take place behind close doors within their families. Honestly, by the standard I would have for a guy like Crowder who does this sort of preaching, his treatment of his wife in the video is not even particularly egregious for them. I've witnessed far worse first hand; lots of these types of guys seem to get off, specifically, on talking to their wives this way in front of others.

Anyway, Evangelicalism is all about control over family, society, government---everyone and everything. When you marry that sort of religious philosophy, and the protection of the church from things coming to public light, with someone who seems naturally inclined (such as Crowder) to be controlling and abusive, this is what you get.

Even if his wife was sometimes the crazy one, it honestly wouldn't matter. The kind of stuff that came out of Crowder's mouth you simply could never compel a person to say unless that's just fundamentally who they are.

It's like hitting a woman, right? Short of attacking me with some sort of weapon where I suffer an imminent risk of death or serious injury, there is nothing a woman could ever do to get me to raise my hand to her. You could see me in my worst moment with someone, but that is simply something that is not going to happen because it's not who I am.

With Crowder, and these reports of him from employees (and the like) this is simply a reflection of who the guy is. He's a sanctimonious and lying Evangelical who can barely even hold it together enough to pretend to be a half decent human being in the public light...much less what he does in private. And, again, one of the worst aspects of many elements of Christianity is that it makes being a person like that easier.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He's just getting killed in the comments in every video he posts on his own channel.

Just feels like he's not going to come back from this. Every comment references "discipline and respect" or "watch it, watch it". His videos used to be full of comments about the actual topics he talked about. Now that's all ignored and people just troll him.

He is trying to mostly ignore this and just pretend it isn't happening, but I don't think that's gonna fly.

I doubt he will quit. He will probably keep plodding on for years as a conservative commentator, but I think that his days of being relevant are far over.

Load Metric
    He's just getting killed in the comments in every video he posts on his own channel.

Just feels like he's not going to come back from this. Every comment references "discipline and respect" or "watch it, watch it". His videos used to be full of comments about the actual topics he talked about. Now that's all ignored and people just troll him.

He is trying to mostly ignore this and just pretend it isn't happening, but I don't think that's gonna fly.

I doubt he will quit. He will probably keep plodding on for years as a conservative commentator, but I think that his days of being relevant are far over.
    Any half competent PR person could navigate this situation and rehab his image in a year if they were dealing with a client who was compliant and sane.

You “step away”, go to months long in-patient anger mgmt/counseling, then make a heartfelt mea culpa upon getting out. Still take another six months off YouTube and make occasional statements about needing to make it right with your kids and ex wife. Apologize to your ex-employees. Apologize to everyone. Take full responsibility for everything. Throw some fake lost my way and now back to church garbage in addition to traditional counseling in there that his crowd will gobble up

He legit has like 550 days until the next election.

Spend the first year putting on a show, make the right statements, and be back on the air many months before the hyper partisan environment of the election where you’ll be embraced for lampooning Biden/Dems.

He’d struggle to come back for what’s viewed as extreme misogyny on the left, but his target demo will quickly forgive this if he played his cards right. Get your ex on board going to counseling and she’s incentivized to praise you and “your progress” when you get out. She wants him rich with infants.

He walked away from $50 million a few months back and considered it insulting. He’s got no future and a very clear playbook to redeem his career if he was down for it. He didn’t kill anyone, he’s just an extraordinary asshole. It’s really an easy fix except for the fact he’s a full blown narcissist.

No one is in that space. There isn’t anyone funny on the far right. There are people who make fun of the left slightly more than the right who are very funny, but you say he’s talented, and I have not encountered anyone else funny in that space.

Hell, he comes out and makes a full mea culpa and his wife is saying he’s a changed man, apologize to everyone, Shapiro would be ready to do business with him again once he’s popular.

This isn’t getting cancelled and needing to return to woke mainstream entertainment. He’d be dead there, but this is much easier.
    Last edited by BCR; 05-02-2023 at 12:37 PM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Article published today by the New York Post https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/steven...ampaign=nypost

They talked to 10 former employees of Louder with Crowder, who claim he runs an "abusive" company where he screamed at his employees, including his father. He exposed his genitals to several employees (including putting his genitals on Not Gay Jared's shoulder) and forced employees to do his laundry.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSayre View Post
    Article published today by the New York Post https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/steven...ampaign=nypost

They talked to 10 former employees of Louder with Crowder, who claim he runs an "abusive" company where he screamed at his employees, including his father. He exposed his genitals to several employees (including putting his genitals on Not Gay Jared's shoulder) and forced employees to do his laundry.
    Interesting. In these "toxic workplace" complaints, there usually tends to be a mixture of truth and exaggerated bullshit.

I believe he screamed at employees a lot.

I believe he screamed at his father.

I believe he was an awful guy to work for.

I don't believe the "exposing genitals" thing was anything of consequence. He and Not Gay Jared were actually friends before their falling out. These were mostly young dudes working together in a performance environment, so it's not the same as having your boss in a regular office show you his dick.

Regarding the laundry... I believe that as well. Crowder saw everyone working for him as beneath him, and that he was their exalted leader. It would not at all surprise me if he knew he had laundry to do, and decided to command one of his underlings to go do it for him.

I'm surprised Crowder didn't realize that this would all come home to roost one day. If you keep mistreating employees and piling up enemies, eventually there's going to be a breaking point. I didn't expect it to be his wife as the catalyst, but this present day of reckoning does not surprise me at all.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember one weird and awkward moment on the show a few years ago, when they did a short segment called "Rhinoceros Facts".

It was an offbeat segment where they read off (true) facts about the rhinoceros, done as if it's a serious part of the show.

It began with a spoken-voice intro over a video of various rhinoceros, stating, "Just the facts... rhinoceros facts!" The intro lasted about 5-10 seconds.

One of Crowder's co-hosts remarked, "That intro took about 2 1/2 hours to produce."

Crowder's pleasant demeanor disappeared, and he became visibly bothered. "That's not good," he said. "Looks like we're going to have to fire someone if that's true."

His co-hosts nervously laughed, but I could tell it wasn't a bit. While I don't know for certain, I'd put a very high probability that Crowder fired the guy who made that intro.

Load Metric
    Druff, you really seem to be into this gay man.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I don't believe the "exposing genitals" thing was anything of consequence. He and Not Gay Jared were actually friends before they're falling out. These were mostly young dudes working together in a performance environment, so it's not the same as having your boss in a regular office show you his dick.
    I dont know.. showing your dick seems way different than teabagging. Plus that incident happened in 2018 (coming home from the debate where Yousef showed up), which I feel like by then LwC would be an actual real company compared to 2016 or earlier when it would've just been Crowder and Jared. He apparently flashed his genitals several times, which I feel like that could get old after awhile. But I can see it not being as bad as it may sound initially.
    Last edited by DrSayre; 05-02-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Druff, you really seem to be into this gay man.
    Druff and I used to discuss Crowder all the time through DMs on 2+2. It's hard to explain, but a lot of us suspected something really odd went on behind the scenes of Louder with Crowder, but nobody could really talk about it because of NDAs. So it's exciting to see all this stuff (and I believe theres more coming) about Crowder come out in the past 2 weeks. What we've seen so far has kinda blown my mind, never expected to see that Crowder is an actual terrible person. I had mostly just thought that CRTV cut off funding to Louder with Crowder, because Cary Katz was suing them for $20M, which lead to Crowder's employees just quitting once the money dried up. But it seems like Crowder was a terrible person to work for and they just wanted to leave.

Comments

devidee: Pretty sure Druff realizes I’m just fucking with him.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I remember one weird and awkward moment on the show a few years ago, when they did a short segment called "Rhinoceros Facts".

It was an offbeat segment where they read off (true) facts about the rhinoceros, done as if it's a serious part of the show.

It began with a spoken-voice intro over a video of various rhinoceros, stating, "Just the facts... rhinoceros facts!" The intro lasted about 5-10 seconds.

One of Crowder's co-hosts remarked, "That intro took about 2 1/2 hours to produce."

Crowder's pleasant demeanor disappeared, and he became visibly bothered. "That's not good," he said. "Looks like we're going to have to fire someone if that's true."

His co-hosts nervously laughed, but I could tell it wasn't a bit. While I don't know for certain, I'd put a very high probability that Crowder fired the guy who made that intro.
    Based on what we know now, it wouldnt surprised me somebody was actually fired over it. After Sven left, who he used to "fire" every week on the show, I feel like he jokes a lot less about firing people. And based on the article today, it sounds like he would regularly fire people.

Thread Information