Thread: Tips on "underground" rooms

Bronze
    Load Metric

Tips on "underground" rooms

Name:  room.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  142.6 KB

Here is the pics of my waiting area for my soon to be operating "Underground" room. We are located in a state with legal poker rooms available, but little to no option within 70 miles. There's a group of us who have been playing pretty regular together for YEARS at a local spot with 1 table. It's gotten to the point where we can't even get a seat in the game. It fills up by noon, only runs Thursday / Friday, and the leather asses sit there all day and seats never open. I have 5 millionaires who don't play nose bleads that want to play together every week. I also have a phone list of players from years and years of playing / poker room management(legal). I only want to run 2 tables. I feel like there's more interest than I can "responsibly" handle but every video / documentary on underground poker says you never have the players you think you have, and constantly finding new players is a must.

Anyone ran an underground game? Any tips?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FNdonkey View Post
    Name:  room.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  142.6 KB

Here is the pics of my waiting area for my soon to be operating "Underground" room. We are located in a state with legal poker rooms available, but little to no option within 70 miles. There's a group of us who have been playing pretty regular together for YEARS at a local spot with 1 table. It's gotten to the point where we can't even get a seat in the game. It fills up by noon, only runs Thursday / Friday, and the leather asses sit there all day and seats never open. I have 5 millionaires who don't play nose bleads that want to play together every week. I also have a phone list of players from years and years of playing / poker room management(legal). I only want to run 2 tables. I feel like there's more interest than I can "responsibly" handle but every video / documentary on underground poker says you never have the players you think you have, and constantly finding new players is a must.

Anyone ran an underground game? Any tips?
    First tip: Don't call something "underground", when it clearly is above ground. Call it "private". Better for marketing image.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Learn how to mount a tv & electric fireplace or are you 12’ tall?

Thread Information