Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I will probably be fatter than Shaun Deeb at WSOP 2024

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I will probably be fatter than Shaun Deeb at WSOP 2024

Doug Polk recently lost a $200k bet with Bill Perkins, where Doug had to get down to 12% body fat by a certain date.

After Josh Arieh shared a video of a very large Shaun Deeb eating at the poker table, Perkins offered this bet:

https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640738596280754177

This was a lousy bet, as Shaun could not get down to 10% body fat, since that is very tough for a normal person to get down to, let alone an obese one. Also, Deeb is 37 years old, which makes it even tougher. Deeb rightfully refused it.

https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640740035724038145

However, after some negotiation, Perkins put out a much more reasonable bet.

https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640832858662076416
    https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640890618615349253
    https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640895142042189825

Shaun accepted this. May 30, 2024 is the presumed start date of that year's WSOP.

It is unclear what Shaun's current body fat % is, or what he weighs. He's actually a lot taller than you'd expect. He looks about my height (6'2") when I've walked by him in person. Laughably, some people on Twitter were saying he's "250 pounds", and there's zero point zero chance of that. I'm not that far from 250, and I'm a hell of a lot skinnier than Shaun Deeb!

However, as Deeb has accepted this $100k-to-win-$1m bet, I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually thinner than me by next year's WSOP.

17% body fat won't be easy for him, but it's attainable. It's considered on the border between "fitness" and "average".

Shaun being male helps, too. Women have a lot more natural (and necessary) body fat than men, to where women should never get below 10% or risk major health complications, whereas some men can get down as low as 2% without such issues.

The "ideal body fat" percentage for a 37-year-old man is around 14%.

Comments

Mission146: I'm 6'3" 247, Deeb is absolutely not anywhere in the vicinity of 250 pounds. I carry it ALL in my gut and he's significantly bigger than I am there...and everywhere else.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don't think I've ever been above 10%

PFA's most explosive athlete. White exterior but west african slave beneath the surface

Known as the reverse oreo
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Doug Polk recently lost a $200k bet with Bill Perkins, where Doug had to get down to 12% body fat by a certain date.

After Josh Arieh shared a video of a very large Shaun Deeb eating at the poker table, Perkins offered this bet:

Just going by this photo if Deeb is a legitimate 6'2", he's got to be 300 -320 bones. He's fat as fuck ! Even being a soft pudgy doughboy, with very little muscle mass he's morbidly obese ! Probably around 40-42% BF.

Comments

Mission146: I think the least case is that he's 350 pounds.
    Last edited by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024; 03-29-2023 at 09:43 PM.

Load Metric
    Shaun Deeb is at least 40% body fat.

This bet will be the easiest $50K Bill Perkins will make in his life.

I hate to say this but Shaun Deeb will probably be dead in less than 10 years because of his weight.

Don't teach your children to grow up to be a FAT FUCK.

Comments

Entropy: Think of weight just like height, minus some extreme measures, it's genetic.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Interesting this pops up a few days after seeing him at Turning Stone(he won the WSOP Circuit Main).
    My first thought was holy shit he is huge and he won't make it to 50. I said to my buddy, who played next to him, that he must be setting up a weight loss bet.

I put him at 6'0" and about 305.

I do not think he has the discipline or lifestyle that would allow him to win this bet.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

PFA's most explosive athlete. White exterior but west african slave beneath the surface

Whatever, work ethic's effect on body weight is nowhere near as important as genetics. You're probably some skinny lazy dude.

Message to Deeb, you are probably fucked unless you start using PED's or tweaking.
    Want to win you better go visit one of those anti aging doctors or whatever they call themselves.
    Take testoterone and hire a pt, this will be easy money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think he's taller than 6'0" and definitely above 305.

I believe he's at least 6'1", possibly 6'2", and has gotta be like 350. The height makes a big difference. I know from experience.

Comments

Pablo: He not 6 2" unless he has a 2 to 3 inch slouch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

Whatever, work ethic's effect on body weight is nowhere near as important as genetics. You're probably some skinny lazy dude.

Message to Deeb, you are probably fucked unless you start using PED's or tweaking.
    Want to win you better go visit one of those anti aging doctors or whatever they call themselves.
    Take testoterone and hire a pt, this will be easy money.
    This post aligns with most others you make. Complete bullshit. You know almost nothing.
    To prove your genetic theory wrong, take one Shaun Deeb and prevent him from eating. Collect on all bets.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This was a lousy bet, as Shaun could not get down to 10% body fat, since that is very tough for a normal person to get down to, let alone an obese one. Also, Deeb is 37 years old, which makes it even tougher. Deeb rightfully refused it.

https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640740035724038145

However, after some negotiation, Perkins put out a much more reasonable bet.

https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640832858662076416
    https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640890618615349253
    https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1640895142042189825

Shaun accepted this. May 30, 2024 is the presumed start date of that year's WSOP.

It is unclear what Shaun's current body fat % is, or what he weighs. He's actually a lot taller than you'd expect. He looks about my height (6'2") when I've walked by him in person. Laughably, some people on Twitter were saying he's "250 pounds", and there's zero point zero chance of that. I'm not that far from 250, and I'm a hell of a lot skinnier than Shaun Deeb!

However, as Deeb has accepted this $100k-to-win-$1m bet, I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually thinner than me by next year's WSOP.

17% body fat won't be easy for him, but it's attainable. It's considered on the border between "fitness" and "average".

Shaun being male helps, too. Women have a lot more natural (and necessary) body fat than men, to where women should never get below 10% or risk major health complications, whereas some men can get down as low as 2% without such issues.

The "ideal body fat" percentage for a 37-year-old man is around 14%.
    Deebs over 3 Bills probably Id guess maybe even close to 350 but ill give him some slack and guess 325.

If he had more muscle mass he would easily be tree fiddy at that height. He's a soft jelly doughboy 325 tops !

Load Metric
    I'd be curious to know when Deeb is going to get started on his weight loss journey.

I think the three most likely results are as follows:

1.) He concedes within weeks of starting his weight loss plan/exercise.

2.) He wins.

3.) He attempts to do it, sticks it out all the way, but loses anyhow.

Load Metric
    Chinamaniac is the only person I can recall winning one of these. Wish Deeb the best and even if he drops 40 lbs and quits that sort of loss can really help a body out over the long term even if it slowly gets put back on

Load Metric
    I think if he's going to stick with it he will be successful.

It won't take very long for him to realize that this is going to be the worst year and change of his entire life. He's going to be abjectly miserable the entire time.

If he instead bows out, I think it will be relatively early.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Chinamaniac is the only person I can recall winning one of these. Wish Deeb the best and even if he drops 40 lbs and quits that sort of loss can really help a body out over the long term even if it slowly gets put back on

Was chinas a BF bet or simply weight? I can’t recall. Weight loss is much easier and different beast than body fat. China was heavy, but also worked out throughout and was a thick dude gone heavy. Deeb is simply soft. Him getting to that body fat will require a whole lot of lifting while being at a severe calorie deficit to maintain his current muscle, which isn’t much. Hard to pull off given his start point. He’ll need PEDs or at least TRT to have a prayer. Plus doing a bunch of shit he’s likely never done he’s always been inactive since he came on scene young. Better chance he catches a 6 month injury and buys out than pull this off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

It won't take very long for him to realize that this is going to be the worst year and change of his entire life. He's going to be abjectly miserable the entire time.

It won’t take very long for him to realize this will be one of his best years.
    The rewards of weight loss are soon realized. There is no misery in maintaining
    a healthy diet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

It won’t take very long for him to realize this will be one of his best years.
    The rewards of weight loss are soon realized. There is no misery in maintaining
    a healthy diet
    This is a person who doesn't appear to have ever been in shape. He's going to aggravate and inflame muscles that he doesn't even know exist yet. If it was a simple matter of diet, then he would probably be fine, but in order for him to trim that body fat percentage to where it needs to be, in barely over a year, is going to require an intense workout regimen.

The most likely scenario, in my opinion, is he will drop a ton of water weight over the first few weeks and be encouraged. Over the next two to three weeks after that, he will continue whatever diet/exercise regimen he has been doing...and there will be almost zero measurable change over the two week period after the easy water weight shed.

He will also be miserable. Every joint and muscle in his body will cause him seemingly endless agony every single day.

At that point, he will know that he must either press forward, or just concede, because it won't seem worth it even if he does get in significantly better shape to fail to win the bet anyway.

I think the most likely outcome, at that point, is he concedes and pays the money.

Load Metric
    I know nothing about Shaun Deeb but would fade his side blind.

A realistic weight loss goal would be attainable but you can't go from pure goo body to 17% body fat.

You are what you eat, and pure goo indicates a lifetime of gluttony and shit eating. Losing $100k won't hurt him; he may give it a swing for a few weeks before going back to second dinners and ice cream. I predict he'll be within 10% of his current weight in a year, perhaps even fatter as people often go off the rails after giving up a diet (*ahem Druff*).

Our own naturalborncuckold recently claimed to have 8% body fat, so perhaps he can chime in with some perspective on how to get there.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I’ve sat at about 12% body fat for the past eight years. Was at about 30% (maybe higher) the previous 15 years.

Given the timeframe, this is absolutely doable for Deeb. It’s not about whether it can be done from a physical standpoint. This is simply a test of Deeb’s mental toughness.

From the very little I know of Deeb; I would bet against him.

Load Metric
    Check out Deeb's Twitter feed; he seems to be a really good sport.

5'11", 306, he claims. Even at 5'11", I'd have put him closer to something like 325, but it's always hard to tell. Of course, fat lacks density, so I guess 306 is possible.

ADDED: Oh, no...there's a short video of him on his feed showing off a ring. Those hands have never done anything. I think he's in trouble here.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If you are a male that can't get down to 17% bodyfat you should just kill yourself.

10% was never happening, but 17% is not hard. That is like 2 pack abs.

If he can use steroids incredibly easy.

His issue is to get to 17% he can't just lose weight. He is going to have to lift weights too. Heavy ones.

Thread Information