Thread: Example of how someone can play as stupid as Robbi Jade Lew and not be cheating

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Example of how someone can play as stupid as Robbi Jade Lew and not be cheating

This hand just happened a few minutes ago.

30/60 limit holdem online, 5 handed

Villain raises UTG, hero 3-bets AdKs from SB. Villain caps, hero calls.

Flop: As2s4s

Hero checks. UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero 4-bets (cap), UTG calls.

Turn:

4h

Hero bets, UTG calls.

River

2c

Hero bets, UTG calls

Showdown:

Villain: Td7d, ten high

Dude actually put in all that action with ten high, no draw, on an A24, all-spade board.

He even called the river, hoping both would play the board (which was actually the most reasonable of his moves, just in case I had Ks but no pair!)

Anyway, this is an example of how poorly some people play hands, with no particular rhyme or reason.

Ironically, the Td7d hand he showed down was the exact hand I had when I won my WSOP bracelet in 2005.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'd understand the robbie reference if there was then a rebate issued, $15,000 dollars was stolen but 'its not big deal', and villain went on a 3 months press tour and lied about just about every aspect of their life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRoll View Post
    I'd understand the robbie reference if there was then a rebate issued, $15,000 dollars was stolen but 'its not big deal', and villain went on a 3 months press tour and lied about just about every aspect of their life.
    Fair.

Just showing one of many examples I've encountered over the years where the villain in the hand was a complete dumbass, and made absolutely nonsensical plays, with no-pair/no-draw and no high card.

Sometimes you can overthink these things.

I still think Robbi was just an idiot who was trying to make a name for herself by "owning Garrett", and once he went all in, she thought "well maybe if I hit my pair, I'm good", so she called, not wanting to throw away what she already put into the pot.

Possible she was cheating, yes, but I'm still leaning "no" more than "yes".

100% she's exploited this situation big time, though. Best thing that ever happened to her.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRoll View Post
    Fair.

Just showing one of many examples I've encountered over the years where the villain in the hand was a complete dumbass, and made absolutely nonsensical plays, with no-pair/no-draw and no high card.

Sometimes you can overthink these things.

I still think Robbi was just an idiot who was trying to make a name for herself by "owning Garrett", and once he went all in, she thought "well maybe if I hit my pair, I'm good", so she called, not wanting to throw away what she already put into the pot.

Possible she was cheating, yes, but I'm still leaning "no" more than "yes".

100% she's exploited this situation big time, though. Best thing that ever happened to her.
    And she's definitely bangable.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    In this particular hand, the villain's decision to play Td7d in this way is certainly unconventional and not recommended. However, it's possible that the villain had a specific read on the hero or was trying to make a move based on the perceived weakness of the hero's play.

Alternatively, the villain could have simply been gambling or trying to bluff their way through the hand without much thought or strategy. This is a risky approach and often leads to losing hands, but it's not cheating.

Load Metric
    The fact that many play a favorite hand which is usually a steaming pile forgives any and all play.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    It's true that some players have "favorite" hands that they enjoy playing, regardless of whether they are actually strong hands or not. This can lead to them making poor decisions and playing weak hands aggressively, which can be frustrating for more experienced players who are trying to make strategic decisions based on the strength of their own hand and the information available to them.

Thread Information