Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99

Thread: Doug Polk mocking Matt Berkey for supposedly refusing to play Nik Airball $500k heads up

  1. #41
    Bronze
    Reputation
    25
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    71
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Anyone know how much the average PPP Loan amount was for?

    Whoops, wrong thread sorry guys and gals.

     
    Comments
      
      JeffDime:
    Last edited by SinglesHitter; 03-27-2023 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Wrong thread. Clearly

  2. #42
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    1336
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    2,427
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by SinglesHitter View Post
    Anyone know how much the average PPP Loan amount was for?

    Whoops, wrong thread sorry guys and gals.
    It is incredible what I am seeing. Multiple corporations that most likely had 0 payroll or were dormant and 50K/100K of forgiven loans. Have to see more about who did it, but it’s fucking ridiculous regardless. They got Beanz, but seems like small Beanz compared to stuff I’m seeing.

  3. #43
    Bronze
    Reputation
    62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    227
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I finally had enough of Nik Airball's bullshit posturing. I'm not Berkey's friend. We get along, but I'm not "Team Berkey" in any way. However, Airball has been acting like a douche the entire time, and I finally decided to point out the strangeness of the fact that a young, small stakes player from a few years ago is suddenly a huge baller with seemingly unlimited funds.
    .
    .
    .
    Anyway, I don't really care too much about where Airball got his funds, but it's a valid question which we have a right to publicly ask. This is because he's trying so hard to be a famous poker villain, and he literally came out of nowhere with tons of funds at a very young age.

    I don't ask high stakes players where they got their cash, even if they appeared out of nowhere. However, when the guy's entire gimmick is to talk trash on stream and social media, and to brag about how his big bankroll gives him an edge over established players, then yeah his source of funds are a fair discussion topic.

    I was telling the truth about DGAF, by the way. The Hustler-haters were trying really hard in late 2022 to drag me into their whole "DGAF is cheating" conspiracy. However, I found that their "evidence" was extremely weak, and seemed to just be a spreadsheet about his results from one session to another. I told them that I wasn't seeing anything convincing, and didn't go down that road. That's why it's funny that DGAF went after me, as if I were some asshole who always criticizes just for the sake of starting drama.

    I knew you wouldn't let this crew of hcl frauds last long.
    Careful not to piss of feldman and get barred from games if thats your thing.

    Vertucci does everything he can to control the narrative around himself and his crew of scammers. Veronica fits in well with them.
    It would be very satisfying to see you ask them some actual questions.

  4. #44
    Bronze
    Reputation
    62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    227
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SinglesHitter View Post
    Anyone know how much the average PPP Loan amount was for?

    Whoops, wrong thread sorry guys and gals.
    It is incredible what I am seeing. Multiple corporations that most likely had 0 payroll or were dormant and 50K/100K of forgiven loans. Have to see more about who did it, but itís fucking ridiculous regardless. They got Beanz, but seems like small Beanz compared to stuff Iím seeing.
    where is this info?

  5. #45
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    9065
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51,274
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I finally had enough of Nik Airball's bullshit posturing. I'm not Berkey's friend. We get along, but I'm not "Team Berkey" in any way. However, Airball has been acting like a douche the entire time, and I finally decided to point out the strangeness of the fact that a young, small stakes player from a few years ago is suddenly a huge baller with seemingly unlimited funds.
    .
    .
    .
    Anyway, I don't really care too much about where Airball got his funds, but it's a valid question which we have a right to publicly ask. This is because he's trying so hard to be a famous poker villain, and he literally came out of nowhere with tons of funds at a very young age.

    I don't ask high stakes players where they got their cash, even if they appeared out of nowhere. However, when the guy's entire gimmick is to talk trash on stream and social media, and to brag about how his big bankroll gives him an edge over established players, then yeah his source of funds are a fair discussion topic.

    I was telling the truth about DGAF, by the way. The Hustler-haters were trying really hard in late 2022 to drag me into their whole "DGAF is cheating" conspiracy. However, I found that their "evidence" was extremely weak, and seemed to just be a spreadsheet about his results from one session to another. I told them that I wasn't seeing anything convincing, and didn't go down that road. That's why it's funny that DGAF went after me, as if I were some asshole who always criticizes just for the sake of starting drama.

    I knew you wouldn't let this crew of hcl frauds last long.
    Careful not to piss of feldman and get barred from games if thats your thing.

    Vertucci does everything he can to control the narrative around himself and his crew of scammers. Veronica fits in well with them.
    It would be very satisfying to see you ask them some actual questions.
    I'm not anti-Hustler, and I'm not pro-Hustler.

    Vertucci and Feldman are fine with me right now. That's because I haven't jumped on the "Hustler is cheating" bangwagon, even though some have tried to push me onto it. I have taken the "I need to see evidence" approach.

    This is why it's so laughable that someone like DGAF is whining that I'm trying to create drama. I've been the opposite of that when it comes to Hustler, and I ask one question about Nik Airball's sudden wealth, and DGAF gets pissed off.

    Not that I care, though. I don't play on streamed games anymore. The Postle thing was a wakeup call.

  6. #46
    Gold nunbeater's Avatar
    Reputation
    468
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,405
    Load Metric
    39388762
    druff quick question, when did you play on stream?

  7. #47
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    9065
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51,274
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    druff quick question, when did you play on stream?
    Not many times. I played Live at the Bike twice, and Stones once (just before the emergence of Postle, thankfully).

    The first Live at the Bike stream was where I ordered (and ate) 3 plates of food, which started all the jokes about how much I eat. Bart Hanson, who didn't know me at the time, was tricked into saying on stream that I was once a contestant on "Man Versus Food".

    On the subsequent two stream appearances, I purposely ordered a lot of food just to keep up appearances.

     
    Comments
      
      BetCheckBet: Man vs food rep
      
      tigerpiper: Three ways to win Alone- big game, fish or come in fat. DD ftw
      
      nunbeater: playing the food meta
      
      SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: lol at contestant on man vs food

  8. #48
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    9065
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51,274
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Garrett Adelstein appeared with Doug today for nearly 2 hours, discussing Robbi and Nik Airball. He seemed more focused upon Airball, since Airball had been trashing him on Doug's show a few days ago.


     
    Comments
      
      Mission146: Hold on...I thought he didn't want people using his name for clicks?

  9. #49
    Bronze Mission146's Avatar
    Reputation
    54
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    235
    Load Metric
    39388762
    At around 18:30---yeah, there is either proof I was cheated or there isn't, asshole.

    There's really no record to set straight. Garrett as much as admits he's keeping the money due to his firm belief that he is, "Extremely confident," that he was cheated. No proof of cheating came out. For some reason, the investigation made it a point of emphasis that they could not prove there was no cheating. (How could one, 'Prove' cheating didn't happen, anyway?)

    Garrett believes that his opinion that he was probably cheated supersedes the fact that there was no evidence of cheating turned up. That is sufficient for Garrett not to return Robbi's money.

    No record to set straight. Everything seems to be exactly as it appears.

    If he returned the money and said he'd never sit at the same table as her in a cash game again, then that would be fine. It's pretty much about the money, from my perspective. I would disagree with his position, but I certainly wouldn't have written an article taking a steaming diarrhea on him for that.
    Last edited by Mission146; 03-28-2023 at 05:50 AM.

  10. #50
    Bronze
    Reputation
    78
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    339
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Adelstein (rhymes with fine) said it very well in this interview, if they'd known how to cheat right, they could have made a lot of money (like graycat- dumb or greedy). Robbi is an idiot, though. Or the signaller, who I assume was Sagbigsal.

     
    Comments
      
      SlowRoll:

  11. #51
    Bronze
    Reputation
    97
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    409
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    Adelstein (rhymes with fine) said it very well in this interview, if they'd known how to cheat right, they could have made a lot of money (like graycat- dumb or greedy). Robbi is an idiot, though. Or the signaller, who I assume was Sagbigsal.
    Maybe Adelstein is the idiot for blowing up over a hand when he was playing in the softest high stakes game in the world.

  12. #52
    Gold nunbeater's Avatar
    Reputation
    468
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,405
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    druff quick question, when did you play on stream?
    Not many times. I played Live at the Bike twice, and Stones once (just before the emergence of Postle, thankfully).

    The first Live at the Bike stream was where I ordered (and ate) 3 plates of food, which started all the jokes about how much I eat. Bart Hanson, who didn't know me at the time, was tricked into saying on stream that I was once a contestant on "Man Versus Food".

    On the subsequent two stream appearances, I purposely ordered a lot of food just to keep up appearances.
    bro you can't play all loosey goosey with a sandwich

  13. #53
    Diamond dwai's Avatar
    Reputation
    1550
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,620
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Not many times. I played Live at the Bike twice, and Stones once (just before the emergence of Postle, thankfully).

    The first Live at the Bike stream was where I ordered (and ate) 3 plates of food, which started all the jokes about how much I eat. Bart Hanson, who didn't know me at the time, was tricked into saying on stream that I was once a contestant on "Man Versus Food".

    On the subsequent two stream appearances, I purposely ordered a lot of food just to keep up appearances.
    bro you can't play all loosey goosey with a sandwich
    Name:  ezgif-5-850d7db105.gif
Views: 263
Size:  4.49 MB

  14. #54
    Gold nunbeater's Avatar
    Reputation
    468
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,405
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    bro you can't play all loosey goosey with a sandwich
    Name:  ezgif-5-850d7db105.gif
Views: 263
Size:  4.49 MB
    the jewjew platter

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: lol

  15. #55
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2541
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    Load Metric
    39388762
    I dont really give a shit about poker drama but i did just quickly listen in on a Polk twitter space with Nik Airball and at the end of it Doug Polk offered to sweeten the pot and offered $100K if they would host the 1v1 at the Lodge

    Not sure how he would monetize that but its sure to be a “good look” to make that offer. Seems like a lot of people want this to happen

  16. #56
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    9065
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51,274
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    39388762
    The match may not happen now... and for a stupid reason.

    Nik Airball wants someone to hold his hand during the match.

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1641197548802281472

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1641208913512263680

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1641211015659651073

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1641217644174143488


    In case you don't feel like clicking through to read Airball's long tweet, here's what he wrote:

    Clarifications:

    I have agreed to all Berkeyís requests to this point. I am coming to where he lives, Vegas, to play him much smaller stakes than I want. He originally offered every day for 30 days, I accepted then he changed the offer. He asked to play weekends, I accepted it. He asked for a 1mm stop loss not 2mm, I accepted it. He asked for only 100 hours of play not the 200 I requested, I accepted this. All the terms set forth were Berkeyís terms outside of the 100k min. He is the pro with a training site, claiming he has crushed high stakes. Iím the guy who just lost 1mm on stream tilting his brains out vs a bunch of amateurs. Most elite players would travel anywhere and meet my demands to get this opportunity.

    Eshaan is my good friend, an ex engineer at Lyft and a current contracted engineer for Run It Once. I stated anyone watching match who has relationship would be asked to sit behind the player they support to ensure no verbal or visual cues, no phones or devices, no writing down hands, no coaching or helping in any way. I said Iím fine with Landon or whoever being there for Berkey if that makes him feel like it is more fair.

    The reason I want this is: I am traveling alone from LA to Vegas, I believe that having a friend there to support me is completely reasonable. It has nothing to do with coaching or gaining an edge. Additionally, it is completely within casino rules to sweat a poker table. I have acted in good faith as @PhilGalfond can verify throughout negotiations. I donít believe requesting terms that are outside of casino rules is a reasonable request. The King of LA will be at @PokerRoomRWLV at 2pm this Saturday with a fucking entourage.

    Some are saying that Airball is insisting upon this term because he wants to back out of the match, and then be able to blame it on Berkey.

    Some are saying that Airball is needing this friend to help him cheat in some way.

    I believe neither of these are true. Instead, I think Airball realizes he's a tiltmonkey, and is afraid that he will tilt his face off in the heads up match with Berkey, unless he has a buddy with him to calm him down during the rough stretches. This is completely against the spirit of a heads-up grudge match. Some compared it to how you're allowed to have friends sit with you while playing live cash games, including at high stakes. This is true, but it's completely different, because normal cash games aren't grudge matches. People can bring all the emotional support they want, because it's just a regular poker game, and nobody is trying to prove any point or beat one particular player.

    However, if you challenge Berkey because you say he sucks and has no business running a coaching site, and then can't stand being able to play him without an emotional support system present, that's a bitch move.

     
    Comments
      
      Mission146: "Tiltmonkey." That put a smile on my face. Thank you for that.

  17. #57

  18. #58
    Diamond dwai's Avatar
    Reputation
    1550
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,620
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Name:  ezgif-1-3177c054cc.gif
Views: 198
Size:  1,020.9 KB

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: Doug Polk and Brad Owen?

  19. #59
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2541
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Shockingly Doug is carrying on about this heads up match being about him

  20. #60
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    9065
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51,274
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    39388762
    Now we know why Airball wanted an emotional support human in the room when they play heads up.

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1641853538170208256


    This occurred in Bobby's Room at Bellagio.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nik Airball versus Garrett Adelstein (on Twitter)
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-22-2023, 07:53 PM
  2. Replies: 444
    Last Post: 01-22-2023, 11:28 AM
  3. Replies: 224
    Last Post: 05-10-2021, 01:20 AM
  4. Matt Glantz claims Doug Polk was in a gay bar in New Orleans
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-01-2020, 08:31 PM
  5. Doug Polk challenges Tom Dwan to 5 million dollar NLHL heads up match
    By Matt The Rat in forum Poker Community Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2017, 10:53 PM