Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: elon flew to florida where tucker carlson lives and a few hours later, tucker's pr people are flooding sosh with 'tucker ready to torch fox news' posts

Load Metric

elon flew to florida where tucker carlson lives and a few hours later, tucker's pr people are flooding sosh with 'tucker ready to torch fox news' posts

probably nothing

Comments

devidee: Ma! Grandpa is trying to use the internet again!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    probably nothing
    Name:  Screenshot_20230507_145755.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  373.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20230507_150005.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  266.4 KB

Comments

splitthis: You are getting better at this

DrPeters: lmao

Sloppy Joe: None of these have been funny yet, save time

Load Metric
    Elon gonna fund the fuck you fox deal and get Tucker on the air asap.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Elon gonna fund the fuck you fox deal and get Tucker on the air asap.
    Elon gonna fund the blossoming Tucker RFK love affair? Anti Vax and Anti Ukraine?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnov...h=4e8dc5db63fc

An email to Twitter on Sunday was met with a poop emoji, an automated response set up by Musk. I’ll update this article if I hear anything back with real substance.

Load Metric
    The Murdochs don't know it yet but they have created a monster. Tucker is going to create a platform that rivals FNC. FNC will never recover the viewer share it had before firing Tucker.

Comments

Serial Fail: You are impossibly stupid
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The Murdochs don't know it yet but they have created a monster. Tucker is going to create a platform that rivals FNC. FNC will never recover the viewer share it had before firing Tucker.
    I could actually see this. Elon could partially bankroll it, and they could basically make a competitor to Fox News, with Tucker being the face of it.

There's no reason that conservatives need to have only one major cable channel, while liberals have multiple channels. Fox really does need competition, but so far only laughable attempts like OANN have been tried.

Load Metric
    the whole point of elon's trip was to discuss creating a new hyper rightwing multimedia empire with carlson being some sort of figurehead.

carlson's pr threats are designed to press fox to decouple him from the elements of his contract that would prevent this.

kinda assumed that was obvious from my post tbh.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  ezgif-1-03d024e524.gif
Views: 312
Size:  2.65 MB

Comments

mickeycrimm: funny stuff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I could actually see this. Elon could partially bankroll it, and they could basically make a competitor to Fox News, with Tucker being the face of it.

There's no reason that conservatives need to have only one major cable channel, while liberals have multiple channels. Fox really does need competition, but so far only laughable attempts like OANN have been tried.
    All of the past Fox News scumbags were rendered obsolete the moment they cut the cord.

I remember similar sentiments toward Bill O'Reilly when he got axed. He's effectively nonexistent still.

Granted Tucker isn't a serial rapist and surely is somewhat bigger among younger white incels but I can't imagine a fresh network being launched behind Tucker Carlson. Just a gun for hire.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

All of the past Fox News scumbags were rendered obsolete the moment they cut the cord.

I remember similar sentiments toward Bill O'Reilly when he got axed. He's effectively nonexistent still.

Granted Tucker isn't a serial rapist and surely is somewhat bigger among younger white incels but I can't imagine a fresh network being launched behind Tucker Carlson. Just a gun for hire.
    have you seen Bill lately?

does he have cancer?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Huge difference between O'Reilly and Tucker.

O'Reilly was an old man who only appealed to old men, and it was pretty obvious he was guilty of repeated sexual harassment. Easy for the fanbase to let him go.

Tucker was not fired due to a scandal, and is middle-aged. He is the #1 face of conservative media right now. His presence as a figurehead/host on a new network could be something fruitful, provided they don't go full OANN and try to appeal to the nutjobs.

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

Load Metric
    All of the past Fox News scumbags were rendered obsolete the moment they cut the cord. I remember similar sentiments toward Bill O'Reilly when he got axed. He's effectively nonexistent still.
    O'Reilly is non existent to you because all you watch is liberal media where he is persona non grata. The average prime time audience at CNN is 470,000. O'Reilly has 440,000 subscribers on youtube. He has a 60 station radio show. 3 million followers on Twitter. Makes regular appearances on The Blaze. And he makes regular appearances on Chris Cuomo's show on Newsnation. Newsnation has 780,000 subscribers on youtube. O'Reilly still today reaches millions of people, a bigger audience than MSLSD and CNN. I always go to his youtube channel to get the real scoop on any major story. He delivers hard, sourced, news, not non-sourced bullshit that liberal media spouts.

Cuomo, while at loggerheads with O'Reilly actually likes him now because Bill pulls in a lot of viewers to Cuomo's show.

Last edited by mickeycrimm; 05-08-2023 at 05:03 AM.

Load Metric
    the whole point of elon's trip was to discuss creating a new hyper rightwing multimedia empire with carlson being some sort of figurehead.

carlson's pr threats are designed to press fox to decouple him from the elements of his contract that would prevent this.

Irena Brigante, senior vice president at FNC, is in charge of destroying Carlson's reputation. She is leaking what she considers unflattering behind the scenes footage of Carlson to Media Matters and the New York Times, who have been publishing the smears as fast as FNC delivers them.

FNC is in a quandary. They didn't expect so many viewers would leave over Carlson's firing. Both Rumble and Newsmax have offered him him 25 mill a year, about 5 mill a year more than what FNC is paying him. Valuetainment has offered him 100 mill over 5 years. Now Elon Musk is in the mix. FNC just did not expect this kind of reaction. I suspect that if they had known all this would happen they wouldn't have fired him.

Tucker is under contract to FNC until January, 2025. It would cost them about 32 mill to keep Tucker on the sidelines until then. They just might try to do it. They badly want him totally wiped out of news media. Tucker has hired a highly experienced pit bull of a lawyer to deal with it.

Load Metric

Irena Brigante, senior vice president at FNC, is in charge of destroying Carlson's reputation. She is leaking what she considers unflattering behind the scenes footage of Carlson to Media Matters and the New York Times, who have been publishing the smears as fast as FNC delivers them.

FNC is in a quandary. They didn't expect so many viewers would leave over Carlson's firing. Both Rumble and Newsmax have offered him him 25 mill a year, about 5 mill a year more than what FNC is paying him. Valuetainment has offered him 100 mill over 5 years. Now Elon Musk is in the mix. FNC just did not expect this kind of reaction. I suspect that if they had known all this would happen they wouldn't have fired him.

Tucker is under contract to FNC until January, 2025. It would cost them about 32 mill to keep Tucker on the sidelines until then. They just might try to do it. They badly want him totally wiped out of news media. Tucker has hired a highly experienced pit bull of a lawyer to deal with it.
    I haven’t waded into what people are saying about the idea of a Elon Tucker marriage.

Elon has always had a stated goal of building a Super App (X). He bolted on Twitter regardless of price and he may be thinking of doing the same with Tucker. Elon can solve the problem of Tucker’s golden shackles with a keystroke and not feel a thing.

On the other hand, Tucker would be subject to Elon’s volatile and voluble nature. Tucker and Elon sparring under the same roof could be gold. I think Elon could keep it intellectual and not personal. It’s just a gut feel. Maybe it’s a personal wish to see that for the lulz. There is no actual history that supports this cause Elon has sacked people over trifles. Elon was sacked by the PayPal mafia and others so he does have that wiring.

Whether Tucker wants to live out his days with Musk’s sword over his head when he can instead attempt to build his own empire is the question one has to ask.

Ask for equity Tucker.

Fun game

Load Metric
    aaaaaaand…..

Everyone talks about the declining Fox numbers post Tucker. That Tucker would carry those viewers somewhere else. What they are ignoring is the people who DID NOT watch Tucker but find the story to be epic and a signpost for an era. That’s me. He’ll draw Super Bowl numbers from us randoms initially.

The people on this forum are of an age and financial comfort where we can still light hundred dollar bills on fire every month when the Comcast bill comes due. Fox makes its coin from the cable money in the same fashion as the MLB. That money is going away as we discussed elsewhere.

Eventually I will overcome my inertia and cease the ridicule my kids heap on me and cut the cord.

Neocon Murdoch and Blackrock will rebuild Ukraine and life will go on post cable. My wife will have a Hallmark app.

Load Metric
    Having him locked down until January 2025 was clearly by design. Putting him the bench until after the election is a bill they'll happily pay. Elon has the money to buy him out. but I can't imagine how badly Fox would gouge him if he wants him. They are clearly on the Desantis train. That alone is worth a ton to keep his voice out of the mix to them and keep the GOP big $ donors happy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    probably nothing
    Probably nothing.

Guy is right

Load Metric

Thread Information