Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drag Story Hour near me lolz.

Load Metric

Drag Story Hour near me lolz.

I would have gone if I had known….
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    There will be blood banner is awesome.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    So many gems lolllllll.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't understand Drag Story Hour.

Why?

How did drag queens and kids become connected?

Drag queens have existed for many decades, and they have always performed shows for adults. This is especially true because there's often strong sexual connotations to a lot of the acts. Nobody cared about drag shows up until they started involving the kids. It was just one of those things that you attend if you like it, and you don't attend if it doesn't appeal to you.

The whole story hour crap really does make it look more like indoctrination and less about acceptance.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Why?

Drag queens have existed for many decades, and they have always performed shows for adults. This is especially true because there's often strong sexual connotations to a lot of the acts. Nobody cared about drag shows up until they started involving the kids. It was just one of those things that you attend if you like it, and you don't attend if it doesn't appeal to you.

The whole story hour crap really does make it look more like indoctrination and less about acceptance.
    Marxist cultural subversion

War on the nuclear family unit

It's that simple

/thread
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i hate trannies too but quit acting like you give a shit about families, families are gay as hell

Comments

Michael Jackson:

Load Metric

Why?

it's so funny on reddit, all the libs get a script and they repeat it all over reddit so it's funny, I made this meme and had satirical replies to any people questioning drag kids

Name:  Screenshot_20230315_053237.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  460.7 KB

some of my responses, these are all things I've see dumbass redditors say in response to normal, reasonable questions about why drag queens are dancing for kids

Name:  Screenshot_20230317_074021.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  189.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20230317_073932.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  203.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20230317_073904.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  209.1 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Without having had the benefit to know desertrunner when he was posting here I get the sense he'd have a few things to say about these pedos and groomers. The Nazis suck too though. The people protesting against this are losing any support from me by carrying the dumb SS flag and doing the salutes. I wouldn't want to stand with either of these groups. The poor cops look miserable.

Comments

OK2:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Without having had the benefit to know desertrunner when he was posting here I get the sense he'd have a few things to say about these pedos and groomers. The Nazis suck too though. The people protesting against this are losing any support from me by carrying the dumb SS flag and doing the salutes. I wouldn't want to stand with either of these groups. The poor cops look miserable.

yeah I'm pretty sure that was a fed larp

Name:  conspiracy-theory.gif
Views: 198
Size:  2.60 MB

Comments

BetCheckBet: I’m pretty sure you are a larp sent by micon

Load Metric
    You didn’t know about this ahead of time? What a terrible Christian woman you are.

There actually was a drag time story out near me recently. Apparently there were some protests but didn’t hear anything.

There is however a blacks only national Art centre event on may 5 if you’d like to attend.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric

Why?

I honestly believe in the next ten years you are going to see a major split in LGBTQplus community. It's just become way too diverse and as such it doesn't have a clear meaning anymore. I marched in the pride parade years ago to support some friends. It wasn't like the san fran one's but you certainly had a lot of variety there. And yes they did have the "pups" which honestly I think a lot of people in that community are not a big fan of, as it is fetishizing the whole thing. Sure there are some overly sexual gay people but many want nothing to do with that and just want to be accepted publicly as a couple.

I never really understood drag queen story hour. If people want to take their kids there so be it as long as it isn't harmful. I'm sure most drag queens are appropriate at these things but it wouldn't hurt if they spoke out and made it clear they didn't support those who were being sexual.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Why?

I honestly believe in the next ten years you are going to see a major split in LGBTQplus community. It's just become way too diverse and as such it doesn't have a clear meaning anymore. I marched in the pride parade years ago to support some friends. It wasn't like the san fran one's but you certainly had a lot of variety there. And yes they did have the "pups" which honestly I think a lot of people in that community are not a big fan of, as it is fetishizing the whole thing. Sure there are some overly sexual gay people but many want nothing to do with that and just want to be accepted publicly as a couple.

I never really understood drag queen story hour. If people want to take their kids there so be it as long as it isn't harmful. I'm sure most drag queens are appropriate at these things but it wouldn't hurt if they spoke out and made it clear they didn't support those who were being sexual.
    There's just no point to have it. Why have drag queens show up and read to kids? What is the lesson they're trying to get across? What are they bringing to the table that regular story hour doesn't, aside from indoctrination?

There is a fine line between acceptance and indoctrination. The truth is that drag shows didn't even need acceptance awareness, as they have been long accepted. They're a form of performance art, aimed at adults. That's how it should stay.

Load Metric

There's just no point to have it. Why have drag queens show up and read to kids? What is the lesson they're trying to get across? What are they bringing to the table that regular story hour doesn't, aside from indoctrination?

There is a fine line between acceptance and indoctrination. The truth is that drag shows didn't even need acceptance awareness, as they have been long accepted. They're a form of performance art, aimed at adults. That's how it should stay.
    I'd argue if it's not harmful its fine. You cross quite a line when you start mandating public gatherings as needing "to have a point".

Also while we are talking about indoctrination there is nothing that comes close to religion. But even then I'd never think of making that illegal or banning such gatherings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The entire problem with the gender ideology movement is that it seeks to present an uncommon psychological condition (gender dysphoria) as something very normal which affects a substantial percentage of the population.

It is the wrong lesson to teach to children that you might be the other gender, if you happen to have a few interests/traits more common of the opposite sex.

Rather than the message of, "You're not born as anything, it's up to you which gender you are", the message should be, "You're the gender you're born as, and you should only change that as an adult, in the rare situation where being your birth gender makes you extremely unhappy."

The whole thing is actually very regressive. Liberals fought for years so effeminate boys and tomboyish girls would be accepted and not judged. Now they want to erase all that and present a rigid set of rules as to what constitutes a boy and what constitutes a girl, and if you have any traits on the other side, then you should consider you're actually the other gender. It's madness.

The problem is that there's too many woke parents who encourage this sort of harmful thinking, rather than truly guiding their confused children.

Back in 1980s high school, nobody was out as gay. There were certain effeminate boys and masculine girls whom I suspected were gay, and indeed when I looked them up decades later on Facebook, I was correct about most of them. However, that's all they were -- gay. They did not transition, and all of them look quite happy being gay adults of their birth gender. I have to imagine a lot of these people would have ended up being pressured into a trans identity if they grew up today.

Load Metric

There's just no point to have it. Why have drag queens show up and read to kids?
    common gaslighting answers you'll get on reddit:

● drag isn't sexual

● kids don't see that it's a drag queen

● kids like costumes, Halloween, superheroes, so why not a man in a dress

● why do you take your kids to church and a man in a robe reads to them?

● kids love the bright colors

● kids need to learn to be inclusive

● drag has been around since the earth was hit by a proto planet and formed the moon(they found fossil records of drag queens reading to kids on the moon)

● you are a bigot

Load Metric

The fact that you guys are talking about indoctrination is laughable.

I'm not saying you're wrong...you're right that kids are being indoctrinated into the idea that we should be accepting of anything---with some of those people perhaps not even drawing a reasonable sexual boundary.

That being said, all religion has ever done for centuries is indoctrinated kids into bullshit that it could never prove to be true in the first place. Not only is religion a failure in critical thinking, but absolute conviction that something that you cannot prove to be true is, in fact, incontrovertibly true, is an outright rejection of critical thought as a concept.

So, what does religion do? Of course, I'm referring mainly to Christianity and Islam with the focus of Christianity being mostly on its Evangelical branch.

I'll tell you what they do, when they're not molesting kids anyway, THEY indoctrinate kids and have done so for Millenia. They use ostracizing and social pressure to force conformity to their vision of what the world should be, which is the same exact thing that the Far Left is increasingly doing, but guess what, religion gave them the goddamn playbook! They try to change who people naturally are. In this country, not only do they act in a fashion often opposed to the spirit of the Constitution, but certain churches actively reject the Constitution by being overtly political.

Every single time there is any move to social progress, what happens? Religion gets in the way.

It happened with gay marriage. If two people of the same sex want to get married, explain to me, in what possible Universe, that actually should have a personal impact on a religious person. Don't get me wrong, for Evangelicals, I understand why it does from their religious perspective, but again, stems from indoctrination into their bullshit religion and bullshit thought process.

Abortion, more of the same. The fetus is alive. Why? Because we claim our religion thinks so.

Why that should have to be relevant to anyone NOT of that religion, I have no idea.

Drag queen story hour is one of several examples of USA society's version of teenage rebellion. I think things will return to a balance eventually. The good news is that this teenager's parent, religion, is dying a quick death. It would certainly be nice if there was a way to speed up the process though.

For all of you guys' bitching, at the end of the day, USA's society is reflective of what Evangelical Christianity created. If you push, then those you are pushing will sometimes try to push back harder.

Me? I decreasingly have any strong preference for either side, but I certainly know who the instigators were.
    Last edited by Mission146; 03-17-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Another thing we see being true is people on the Far Left having this opinion that something becomes true merely because a person declares it to be so.

Gee, I wonder where that idea comes from?

Load Metric
    The entire problem with the gender ideology movement is that it seeks to present an uncommon psychological condition (gender dysphoria) as something very normal which affects a substantial percentage of the population.

It is the wrong lesson to teach to children that you might be the other gender, if you happen to have a few interests/traits more common of the opposite sex.

Rather than the message of, "You're not born as anything, it's up to you which gender you are", the message should be, "You're the gender you're born as, and you should only change that as an adult, in the rare situation where being your birth gender makes you extremely unhappy."

The whole thing is actually very regressive. Liberals fought for years so effeminate boys and tomboyish girls would be accepted and not judged. Now they want to erase all that and present a rigid set of rules as to what constitutes a boy and what constitutes a girl, and if you have any traits on the other side, then you should consider you're actually the other gender. It's madness.

The problem is that there's too many woke parents who encourage this sort of harmful thinking, rather than truly guiding their confused children.

Back in 1980s high school, nobody was out as gay. There were certain effeminate boys and masculine girls whom I suspected were gay, and indeed when I looked them up decades later on Facebook, I was correct about most of them. However, that's all they were -- gay. They did not transition, and all of them look quite happy being gay adults of their birth gender. I have to imagine a lot of these people would have ended up being pressured into a trans identity if they grew up today.
    You'll actually find my views are not that different than yours. Although I'm more of a libertarian when it comes to social issues (hence why I feel parents should decide on drag queen story hour).

As parents I believe its important to raise a child that is consistent with social and cultural norms. And its a big boost to their mental health to do so.

-Raised my daughter with traditional female name
    -Corrected her as toddler whenever she misgendered herself.
    -First recreational activity dance lessons with mother
    -Most play dates with other girls as opposed to boys.
    -Has a lot of gendered appropriate toys (although not only, she did ask for hockey sticks this year)

For sports I'll probably sign her up for soccer.

Also it was also clear from evidence you don't diagnose a child with a personality disorder until they are closer to age 18. A similar thing should come to mind for gender identity except in the most extreme cases. Luckily I believe nearly all trans clients who I've worked with made a good decision in transitioning. But I did meet one client on puberty blockers about 17 years old who had dissociative identity disorder. Pretty sure all of us agreed that person should have never been put on those meds until they were stable. I've also been told by nurses that bottom surgery is a complete disaster and results in all sorts of long term health issues.

Load Metric

You'll actually find my views are not that different than yours. Although I'm more of a libertarian when it comes to social issues (hence why I feel parents should decide on drag queen story hour).

As parents I believe its important to raise a child that is consistent with social and cultural norms. And its a big boost to their mental health to do so.

-Raised my daughter with traditional female name
    -Corrected her as toddler whenever she misgendered herself.
    -First recreational activity dance lessons with mother
    -Most play dates with other girls as opposed to boys.
    -Has a lot of gendered appropriate toys (although not only, she did ask for hockey sticks this year)

For sports I'll probably sign her up for soccer.

Also it was also clear from evidence you don't diagnose a child with a personality disorder until they are closer to age 18. A similar thing should come to mind for gender identity except in the most extreme cases. Luckily I believe nearly all trans clients who I've worked with made a good decision in transitioning. But I did meet one client on puberty blockers about 17 years old who had dissociative identity disorder. Pretty sure all of us agreed that person should have never been put on those meds until they were stable. I've also been told by nurses that bottom surgery is a complete disaster and results in all sorts of long term health issues.
    Hey, hey, birds of a feather!

I used to be a Liberal, but now I am a Libertarian. In addition to not wanting to be associated with Democrats, after some long pondering, I finally had to admit to myself that I have more conviction in a streamlined cost minimization model as opposed to the neo-Keynesian model I used to believe in. Of course, don't mistake that for laissez-faire economics, as I think there is a role for the Government to play in price control, depending on the essentialness of the industry.

That aside, it is my opinion that, 'Social and cultural norms,' are an outdated and tribalistic concept that should be considered immaterial to anything. The ultimate plague of society manifests by way of religion, but I have now seen that religion is not necessary for the disease to thrive. What is that plague? Expectation. The Far Left and religion share one important quality...which I can't quite determine whether or not that quality is central to their being, but that quality is setting an expectation for others followed by enforcing it. If we eliminate expectation and people just do whatever they are going to do (within the law) then we will co-exist both more peacefully and quietly.

Traditional female name---check. No reason to do otherwise.
    Misgendering---I don't recall that ever happening. As recently as nine years ago, I wouldn't even have known, "Misgendering," is a word.
    First Recreational Activity---Don't remember, though I do know she wanted to do youth cheerleading, but got sick of it.
    Play dates---You would have to ask my ex-wife. To the extent that my kids go to other kids' houses unattended, it is done with my quiet opposition.
    Toys---I taught her how to throw a football. She has a fucking rocket launcher attached to the left side of her body, also long and lean, what do you want me to do? She can play, or not play, whatever she wishes.

Comments

BetCheckBet:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

The fact that you guys are talking about indoctrination is laughable.

I'm not saying you're wrong...you're right that kids are being indoctrinated into the idea that we should be accepting of anything---with some of those people perhaps not even drawing a reasonable sexual boundary.

That being said, all religion has ever done for centuries is indoctrinated kids into bullshit that it could never prove to be true in the first place. Not only is religion a failure in critical thinking, but absolute conviction that something that you cannot prove to be true is, in fact, incontrovertibly true, is an outright rejection of critical thought as a concept.

So, what does religion do? Of course, I'm referring mainly to Christianity and Islam with the focus of Christianity being mostly on its Evangelical branch.

I'll tell you what they do, when they're not molesting kids anyway, THEY indoctrinate kids and have done so for Millenia. They use ostracizing and social pressure to force conformity to their vision of what the world should be, which is the same exact thing that the Far Left is increasingly doing, but guess what, religion gave them the goddamn playbook! They try to change who people naturally are. In this country, not only do they act in a fashion often opposed to the spirit of the Constitution, but certain churches actively reject the Constitution by being overtly political.

Every single time there is any move to social progress, what happens? Religion gets in the way.

It happened with gay marriage. If two people of the same sex want to get married, explain to me, in what possible Universe, that actually should have a personal impact on a religious person. Don't get me wrong, for Evangelicals, I understand why it does from their religious perspective, but again, stems from indoctrination into their bullshit religion and bullshit thought process.

Abortion, more of the same. The fetus is alive. Why? Because we claim our religion thinks so.

Why that should have to be relevant to anyone NOT of that religion, I have no idea.

Drag queen story hour is one of several examples of USA society's version of teenage rebellion. I think things will return to a balance eventually. The good news is that this teenager's parent, religion, is dying a quick death. It would certainly be nice if there was a way to speed up the process though.

For all of you guys' bitching, at the end of the day, USA's society is reflective of what Evangelical Christianity created. If you push, then those you are pushing will sometimes try to push back harder.

Me? I decreasingly have any strong preference for either side, but I certainly know who the instigators were.
    Name:  Screenshot_20221208_010254.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  196.4 KB

Name:  chapelle-charlie-murphy (1).gif
Views: 202
Size:  4.62 MB

Thread Information