Thread: Druff's story time $5

Ballin'
    Load Metric

Druff's story time $5

TMMLK started listening to your story now. So far so good! TMMLK will update after listening fully.

FREE TYDE, 30-2 LANDSLIDE

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    TMMLKs update 10 minutes in. TMMLK asks why you wouldn't go the a self comp machine? TMMLK asks why you just wouldn't use the change and dollar bills as a tip?

Comments

dmndkutr: Exactly

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    TMMLK would of just given you the $5 bill no questions asked and regardless of card. TMMLK would of snapped you off clean.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    LOL - TMMLK wants to know how you are a diamond card and can't get a comp for say $30? Maybe the cashier gave you a basic card to give you a hint.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TMMLK View Post
    TMMLK started listening to your story now. So far so good! TMMLK will update after listening fully.

Why do you insist on referring to yourself in the third person TMMLGay??

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    DJ_Chaps says this thread sucks canasian ass.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Always great stories. The real question is how much did Druff tip at Jack Binion's steakhouse? Also, why the hell wasn't the tip 8 singles and 4 quarters?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    With steaks being $80+++, Druff's tip mindset is key. http://marketeammenulvjackbinions.co...ons_Dinner.pdf

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL - TMMLK wants to know how you are a diamond card and can't get a comp for say $30? Maybe the cashier gave you a basic card to give you a hint.

Glad to see that TMML-gay is still listening to radio and enjoyed the segment.

I decided I had to get in that lighthearted segment about the $5 ordeal at Horseshoe, in order to counter the stressful topic of the Jami situation prior to it.

As soon as the whole thing happened at Horseshoe, I thought to myself, "I'm not going to complain to anyone, but I'm definitely doing this as a radio segment."

To answer your question, Diamond status does not automatically get you any comps. This is a frequent point of confusion among Caesars customers, and probably drives employees crazy.

Diamond is just a status which entitles you to certain guaranteed benefits. The best Diamond benefits are no resort fees (you save about $50/night), priority lines, priority check-in, valet parking, free upgrades to the best non-suite rooms, policy exceptions being made by staff, and priority WSOP registration. I always say that it is important to be Diamond if you are going to spend a lot of time at WSOP, as it greatly improves your experience, and also saves you a bunch on your hotel if you're staying at a Caesars property.

However, it does NOT give you automatic comps, aside from one $100 meal per year.

The comps are earned separately.

This confuses a lot of people, who believe that being Diamond entitles them to all kinds of free shit.

In this particular story, while the woman was being a bit overly strict by asking for my Diamond card to get a quick exchange of bills, I understood it because the regular line was long, and she wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to skip that line if I didn't qualify. However, once she saw I was Diamond, she should have ASKED if I wanted to get a non-expired card printed, not required it. Once she ran it and saw I still had valid Diamond status, that should have been it. She should've given me the $5 bill, asked if I wanted the card reprinted, and if the answer was no, she should have returned it and sent me on my way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    Always great stories. The real question is how much did Druff tip at Jack Binion's steakhouse? Also, why the hell wasn't the tip 8 singles and 4 quarters?
    I actually don't remember. It was a pretty good tip though, because I appreciated the free potato dish. Also, I tipped based upon the retail price of everything, and ignored that that one dish was free and that most of the meal was paid by my comp.

Comments

dmndkutr: Nice

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Glad to see that TMML-gay is still listening to radio and enjoyed the segment.

I decided I had to get in that lighthearted segment about the $5 ordeal at Horseshoe, in order to counter the stressful topic of the Jami situation prior to it.

As soon as the whole thing happened at Horseshoe, I thought to myself, "I'm not going to complain to anyone, but I'm definitely doing this as a radio segment."

To answer your question, Diamond status does not automatically get you any comps. This is a frequent point of confusion among Caesars customers, and probably drives employees crazy.

Diamond is just a status which entitles you to certain guaranteed benefits. The best Diamond benefits are no resort fees (you save about $50/night), priority lines, priority check-in, valet parking, free upgrades to the best non-suite rooms, policy exceptions being made by staff, and priority WSOP registration. I always say that it is important to be Diamond if you are going to spend a lot of time at WSOP, as it greatly improves your experience, and also saves you a bunch on your hotel if you're staying at a Caesars property.

However, it does NOT give you automatic comps, aside from one $100 meal per year.

The comps are earned separately.

This confuses a lot of people, who believe that being Diamond entitles them to all kinds of free shit.

In this particular story, while the woman was being a bit overly strict by asking for my Diamond card to get a quick exchange of bills, I understood it because the regular line was long, and she wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to skip that line if I didn't qualify. However, once she saw I was Diamond, she should have ASKED if I wanted to get a non-expired card printed, not required it. Once she ran it and saw I still had valid Diamond status, that should have been it. She should've given me the $5 bill, asked if I wanted the card reprinted, and if the answer was no, she should have returned it and sent me on my way.
    I’m no expert on getting comps but my buddy is Diamond plus. He charges everything to his room….all meals at any Caesars properties, limo service from the airport, drinks at any bars, etc…. When he is checking out he always asks for a host to review his play and they end up comping a great deal of his charges. He goes to Laughlin and Reno more often than Vegas these days because they give him a comp on hotel and a charter plane to go. (He doesn’t get to pick the dates on those trips)

Thread Information