Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Jami Lafay Daniels asking for $50k via gofundme due to cancer surgery, but a lot doesn't add up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Cancer treatments are very expensive easily be over 100k depending on what you have.
    I will admit that while the Canadian health care system is pretty shitty right now, I can't imagine the stress of needing serious healthcare and not having insurance to cover it
    Name:  Screenshot_20230222_185635.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  516.1 KB

Name:  FlLshe-agAE0NFb.jpeg
Views: 452
Size:  108.0 KB

whatever you do don't protest and make Trudeau look retarded af or you'll lose your bank accounts

Name:  FlLy6TpWAAA5XlE.jpeg
Views: 458
Size:  193.3 KB

Name:  RDT_20220130_2116336953030175321164126.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  100.3 KB

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If there actually is a lol frivolous restraining order filed against me, I am going to make sure all of the relevant information comes out in court, and becomes part of the public record.

I will spend decent money to do this if necessary. I don't take well to frivolous court actions.

It is so stupid to be talking about a restraining order, because I have never met her, called her, or private messaged her, and my only e-mails with her were in responses to ones she sent me. And I never once made a single threat to her, nor did I ever post any personally identifying information.

She is hoping a restraining order will prevent me from talking about her, which it won't. It will do the opposite. This is her latest idea to silence me, since the "unfollow Todd, everyone" campaign failed miserably.

I have a right to talk about her and her scammy-looking $50k gofundme effort, since she brought it to the community and lied several times in the process.
    Obviously this approach is idiotic and things could get very ugly for you at this point.

Your little train of attaboys is going to dry up and further hammering of this risks reputational ruin.

Good for lulz but no better outcome than for you to bow out now.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Benign tumor removed from neck would keep you out of work for about 2 weeks. $50k…what a load.

Here I am fighting for my life!, not quite. Surgery is no fun but c’mon.

Total scam.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Todd getting attacked left and right now on twitter. Jami's generous donor Nadya who gave her $10,000 now claims Jami showed her everything and all this paperwork and her story is 100% true and blah blah blah.

I honestly think Nadya is trying to save face here because I don't believe her.

This whole thing is such a shit show from top to bottom.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformDorm View Post
    Todd getting attacked left and right now on twitter. Jami's generous donor Nadya who gave her $10,000 now claims Jami showed her everything and all this paperwork and her story is 100% true and blah blah blah.

lol I love a good Todd pileon as much as the next jewdonk but holy shit the longer this goes on it's like the more they prove his point

I am still not sure of everything but this is just getting weirder by the minute

however one thing is, Nadya previously stated that she is just helping to help.....if she was doing that why would Jami have shown her all of the paperwork before?

I do think Nadya is a real one though regardless of what is happening that is huge that she stepped up and helped someone out for $10k

Load Metric
    Todd Witteles? More like Todd Winsagain.

AMIRITE

Comments

donkeykilla: The god is undefeated

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

AMIRITE
    They are all oblivious to the fact that Druff never ever changes his mind and is utterly relentless.

Name:  CF14D8D3-2F9F-4269-B1AC-FDE8FB047F28.jpeg
Views: 746
Size:  14.3 KB

Comments

country978: yup

donkeykilla:

Tellafriend: chef's kiss!

FRANKRIZZO: no country for old men

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

lol I love a good Todd pileon as much as the next jewdonk but holy shit the longer this goes on it's like the more they prove his point

I am still not sure of everything but this is just getting weirder by the minute

however one thing is, Nadya previously stated that she is just helping to help.....if she was doing that why would Jami have shown her all of the paperwork before?

I do think Nadya is a real one though regardless of what is happening that is huge that she stepped up and helped someone out for $10k

Yeah I mean at this point if I were Todd I would just drop it. I think he proved she is a liar and using some truths about her medical problems into a bigger gofundme grift. Unfortunately she is obviously unstable and has some mental problems imo so you never know what might push her over the edge to harm herself. And Todd doesn't want that on his hands. That's why it's probably best to move on and leave her and her grift alone.

Load Metric
    looks like she has responded

Name:  tweet.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  50.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

AMIRITE
    They are all oblivious to the fact that Druff never ever changes his mind and is utterly relentless.

Name:  CF14D8D3-2F9F-4269-B1AC-FDE8FB047F28.jpeg
Views: 746
Size:  14.3 KB
    He is undefeated in e-fights in the past 20 years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I really never expected the whole thing to blow up this huge. Initially I only set out to show people that she was telling blatant lies on and about her gofundme, as a warning to the community to those who were touched by the sob story and wanted to donate.

Unfortunately, this blew up when Jami was e-mailing me asking for me to remove this thread, and I tried to have a reasonable conversation with her. She wouldn't answer the simplest of simple questions about the lies she told, so I gave up on communicating with her that way. She then portrayed me on her social media as a big, bad, terrible guy who picks on cancer patients for fun and clicks.

Now we have a sharply divided poker community -- some who see the grift for what it is, and some who think I'm Satan for having brought any attention to this. This despite the fact that I showed my work and proved some of the lies with 100% certainty -- such as the live tweeting dramatic pics/updates from the "hospital", when in reality she was sitting at home, having already been discharged.

We have other morons who acknowledge that she was dishonest about a lot of things, but I should have shut my mouth and let people donate because... mental health or cancer or something.

I am not a callous asshole, and there is something to be said about not riling up prone to mental episodes. That's why I didn't comment on Twitter about the fake suicide, or any of her other recent shenanigans.

In this case, I chose to comment because $50k was involved, and the gofundme was rapidly rising -- up to $14k in the first day. I wanted people to have all the facts.

Does she actually have cancer? Who knows? It's very possible that she has some sort of issue where she needs ongoing surgeries to prevent cancer from appearing, but doesn't actually have it. It's possible that maybe she does have it, or had it in the past. I do know that she's been posting on social media that she's had cancer since 2012 (see the Yelp review from earlier in the thread), and has run 4 Gofundmes to raise money for herself, always with a tragic story behind it.

I just wanted everyone to be fully informed before donating, but this became a huge clusterfuck. The majority seems to be on my side, and I believe there are many staying silent who quietly agree with me, as well, but they don't want to invite the crazy into their lives. I don't blame them.

The problem is the level of vitriol and anger this has inspired by those who were opposed to my actions. Some see it as a form of sexism (lol -- as if I haven't called out countless males scamming over time), some see it as heartless picking on a cancer patient, and some are just stupid in that they believe it's a debate whether or not she really has cancer, and not about the fact that she's asking for $50k and lying while doing it.

A number of new people hate me today who didn't know I existed 2 days ago. On the flip side, I am getting tons of messages in support of what I wrote -- some public, some private -- again from many people I've never heard of before, and some hadn't heard of me until now. But I'd really prefer I wasn't standing right on the lightning rod right now.

I do believe that the message has been widely received on the gofundme, so I've done what needed to be done. There is no point to keep hammering that message home. I did feel the need to defend myself against all of the false and nasty allegations as to what I was doing and why I did it.

Where this ends, I'm not sure. I'd prefer it all dies down and everyone moves onto the next thing, but who knows what will actually happen.

Comments

tigerpiper: obvious scam you did right now pay the price

FRANKRIZZO: I read the whole thread lol at alll the restraining orders no stalker

Her lies are almost as blatant as Chrissy Mitchell.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I came here cause I saw some posts on twitter with druff being attacked and not looking good. I admit after reading this thread I get where druff is coming from and recognize Jami is indeed very shady. But if she has legitimate cancer well that kinda gives her a free pass honestly. And as far as i can tell she hasn't done anything illegal, albeit clearly deceitful. Nobody is gonna come out looking good from this thread and its a lose lose IMO.
    Oh hi

Load Metric
    zero.zero chance she files anything against you. book it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    i wish that the people who she has stolen from in the past would come forward to discuss what a complete piece of shit this woman is.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Another angle that I think should be questioned is how she makes her living and what exactly is her work?... So obviously the GoFundMe proceeds aren't exactly going to medical bills, she has even blocked people that offered to pay the hospital directly. Some donating are now justifying their donation claiming "hey she is out of work and still has bills to pay" So what kind of actual income and bills need to be taken care of?

She claims to have played poker since 2002. So I am assuming she should have done quite well during the Moneymaker boom era? If she is claiming her career is playing poker professionally and needs that income replaced during her recovery downtime, I want to see some sort of proof that she actually is deriving some sort of income from actual poker.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRoll View Post
    i wish that the people who she has stolen from in the past would come forward to discuss what a complete piece of shit this woman is.
    If this were a dude I would wager 95% of the poker community would be on Todd's side. Because she's a female though and let's be real, there's always built in empathy for women as the weaker sex and they need protected and looked after and all that shit. Plus although I don't find her attractive she isn't ugly so that imo definitely plays a part in people wanting to believe her and help her too. Especially guys.

But again as I wrote here yesterday, the girl is mentally unstable. And I think Todd needs to just move on from her now and just let it go. This girl could easily reach a breaking point and harm herself and nobody wants that. Then Todd would be blamed by some and it's just not worth it at this point. He made the community aware she is a liar and about a lot of shady info. He did the dirty work.

And lastly I truly believe she probably has a recurring medical issue maybe even cancer that is not life threatening but potentially could end up that way. However she does not have this life threatening part, she has sporadic flare ups which requires her to get tests and even surgery. So she keeps milking this over and over when she is broke and gives everybody the worst case scenario even though she is nowhere close to that.

Comments

SlowRoll: Her mental instability and narcissism is evident. Scheming is a very common symptom of narcissism.

Load Metric
    If this were a dude I would wager 95% of the poker community would be on Todd's side. Because she's a female though and let's be real, there's always built in empathy for women as the weaker sex and they need protected and looked after and all that shit. Plus although I don't find her attractive she isn't ugly so that imo definitely plays a part in people wanting to believe her and help her too. Especially guys.

But again as I wrote here yesterday, the girl is mentally unstable. And I think Todd needs to just move on from her now and just let it go. This girl could easily reach a breaking point and harm herself and nobody wants that. Then Todd would be blamed by some and it's just not worth it at this point. He made the community aware she is a liar and about a lot of shady info. He did the dirty work.

And lastly I truly believe she probably has a recurring medical issue maybe even cancer that is not life threatening but potentially could end up that way. However she does not have this life threatening part, she has sporadic flare ups which requires her to get tests and even surgery. So she keeps milking this over and over when she is broke and gives everybody the worst case scenario even though she is nowhere close to that.
    Sounds like at the end of the emergency radio show Zod had said, and Todd seemed to have agreed, the point has been made and its time to move on to the next big scam. Beyond this point baring any new information its just beating a dead horse.

Comments

ReformDorm: Agree

SlowRoll: thank you, voice of reason. will let the evidence speak for itself at this point

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockasilly View Post
    Another angle that I think should be questioned is how she makes her living and what exactly is her work?... So obviously the GoFundMe proceeds aren't exactly going to medical bills, she has even blocked people that offered to pay the hospital directly. Some donating are now justifying their donation claiming "hey she is out of work and still has bills to pay" So what kind of actual income and bills need to be taken care of?

She claims to have played poker since 2002. So I am assuming she should have done quite well during the Moneymaker boom era? If she is claiming her career is playing poker professionally and needs that income replaced during her recovery downtime, I want to see some sort of proof that she actually is deriving some sort of income from actual poker.
    losing poker player who is funded by whatever poker player she is currently dating.
    steals their money from a safe and leaves town when they are tired of her shit.
    Everything about her is calculated, Her whole twitter account is a ploy to get simp attention. She doesn't put pictures up with her and her boyfriend, she knows that none of these divorced, middle aged, 1/2 poker simps in their leather man sandles and Tommy Bahama shirts would give a damn if she presented herself as a normal middle aged woman in a relationship that also enjoys live poker. She has created this sexpot persona for a reason, how many thirst trap posts do I have to read where she utters bullshit about how horny she is? "Oh Hai guys... I am soo horny, I could screw an M1 Abrams tank without any forplay!" Everything is calculated, the high drama, I give up and am ready to die schtick for weeks leading up to these graphic post surgery pics and ohhh yes the GoFundme. This whole thing is smellier than the smelly poker player she once complained about.

Load Metric
    Article forthcoming that will briefly touch upon this, but is more focused on online crowdfunding site scams, in general.

We also get into the question of whether or not it is a net social positive to see people claiming to have cancer, or whatever, as absolutely unimpeachable and unquestionable. I argue that we definitely don't want to get to the point where we are orchestrating witch hunts (which this definitely isn't) but nor do we want to accept, unquestioningly, that the need for funds, or the amount of funds being sought after, is totally legitimate.

Naturally, my line of reasoning is if we treat all such claims as absolutely unimpeachable, then you get into the problem of scams becoming significantly easier to perpetrate.

I'd actually had this in mind for an article sometime ago, but never got around to it simply because I lacked a direct, and recent, link to the gambling world.

Thread Information