Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Jami Lafay Daniels asking for $50k via gofundme due to cancer surgery, but a lot doesn't add up

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Todd Witteles? More like Todd Winsagain.

AMIRITE
    They are all oblivious to the fact that Druff never ever changes his mind and is utterly relentless.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    If she offered an option to pay with rewards credits but they're only worth 50%...

Gold
    Load Metric
    Full disclosure, I haven't read much of the thread but imo the real scammer is the doctor and system that would even ask $50k plus way more for cancer treatment.
    This isn't rare or some exotic technology, it's a fucking scam.

Even if this chick is faking it's still preferrable for her to get the money, way preferrable. You as fellow poker players, what would be better a $50k infusion into the poker economy
    or $50K to pad the portfolio of some overpaid, entitled, under performing gated community Ivy League sleazeball.

Is this some white chick? White people have no support system and they're openly being discriminated against. If these kinds of scams are popping up it's a sign of desperation
    not some ruthless criminal mind or whatever, that would be the doctor.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Full disclosure, I haven't read much of the thread but imo the real scammer is the doctor and system that would even ask $50k plus way more for cancer treatment.

Even if this chick is faking it's still preferrable for her to get the money, way preferrable. You as fellow poker players, what would be better a $50k infusion into the poker economy
    or $50K to pad the portfolio of some overpaid, entitled, under performing gated community Ivy League sleazeball.

Is this some white chick? White people have no support system and they're openly being discriminated against. If these kinds of scams are popping up it's a sign of desperation
    Perhaps the hospitals would be able to afford the treatments they give to the patients if they simply set up a GoFundMe. JK

Load Metric

as if she's not on social security disability already with medicare.

even if not, she's on obama care which means a max annual deduction of $10k.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Who cares what she's on. She wanted that 50k or more to use the vast majority to play poker. Anyone with half a brain can see that. She put out there the worst worst case scenario in regards to her medical issue that she isn't even close to dealing with because it sounds awful and she wanted sympathy.

At the end of the day she probably won't get 50k but maybe 20-25k which is a nice chunk of change to try and build your bankroll.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformDorm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Who cares what she's on. She wanted that 50k or more to use the vast majority to play poker. Anyone with half a brain can see that. She put out there the worst worst case scenario in regards to her medical issue that she isn't even close to dealing with because it sounds awful and she wanted sympathy.

At the end of the day she probably won't get 50k but maybe 20-25k which is a nice chunk of change to try and build your bankroll.

you couldn't have misunderstood the intent of my post any worse had you tried to.

Load Metric
    The next one for Detective Druff, asking for $100K with no proof? Obv was cheating during WSOP as well.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ntba8-help-hal

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric

Talking

Best part of the story is the person on twitter implying that Todd runs a cult that drives women to suicide.

How long is his hit list?

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was so worried I had to get my fake eyelashes done.

$50k…bitch be greedy.

Comments

Pablo: good eye

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mark0778 is more my style of dupe.

New, low effort profile, no previous tweets.

Not me though.

Looks like some people just don't want to be the target of crazy girl.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Mark0778 is more my style of dupe.

New, low effort profile, no previous tweets.

Not me though.

Looks like some people just don't want to be the target of crazy girl.
    Perhaps dislike drama

Load Metric
    I cringe whenever I see a GoFundMe pop up, because the subtext behind all of them is 'I'm poor'.

I've only ever coughed up to a few but it's always for either someone I know really well or someone who is just upfront with whatever ails them. If it's shrouded in flowery language and feels like a fundraiser I'm out.

Not defending Druff's nemesis at all but just a tough state of affairs in this country that necessitates well-meaning people, often employed, to effectively beg when hit with a health crisis, especially if it's their child.

I'm sure it's often abused by low income drug addicts looking to squeeze their networks to get high as well but not my Facebook network mostly comprised of friends/acquaintances from high school and college.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I cringe whenever I see a GoFundMe pop up, because the subtext behind all of them is 'I'm poor'.

I've only ever coughed up to a few but it's always for either someone I know really well or someone who is just upfront with whatever ails them. If it's shrouded in flowery language and feels like a fundraiser I'm out.

Not defending Druff's nemesis at all but just a tough state of affairs in this country that necessitates well-meaning people, often employed, to effectively beg when hit with a health crisis, especially if it's their child.

I'm sure it's often abused by low income drug addicts looking to squeeze their networks to get high as well but not my Facebook network mostly comprised of friends/acquaintances from high school and college.
    Or gambling addicts.

Joseph Cheong brought up a good point today that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the pushback I did, had I been calling out another man in a situation like this one. If it were a man, I definitely would have called it out just as aggressively.

People are suckers for a damsel in distress, especially if they are white and at least semi-attractive. This is where female scammers have a big edge over male scammers, though for whatever reason, men tend to scam more often than women. But the women who do it can be incredibly effective, especially if conventionally attractive. I said many years ago that I was shocked there weren't more young, pretty girls taking advantage of all the young male poker simps during the boom years. It was a goldmine for that.

It should also be noted that almost all of my scamming allegations have been against other men. There would be very little to talk about on PFA Radio if I limited my criticism to women.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Also fair, even with health issues present

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What's interesting is that a number of people took their donations BACK, upon learning more about what was really going on.

Despite about $300-$400 in donations within the past day, the total donations are DOWN by about $1400 (to around $16,400), and about 11 people seem to have clawed back the money.

Interesting that none of them are coming forward. They just quietly requested a refund, and apparently got it. I don't use gofundme, so I don't know exactly how it works. But looks like there was a good deal of donors' remorse.

Load Metric
    What's interesting is that a number of people took their donations BACK, upon learning more about what was really going on.

Despite about $300-$400 in donations within the past day, the total donations are DOWN by about $1400 (to around $16,400), and about 11 people seem to have clawed back the money.

Interesting that none of them are coming forward. They just quietly requested a refund, and apparently got it. I don't use gofundme, so I don't know exactly how it works. But looks like there was a good deal of donors' remorse.
    One of the people who was defending her was @kitkatpoker, she donated $1000. I just checked the gofundme and I don't see her donation anymore. I'm glad to see people coming to their senses and getting their money back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post

One of the people who was defending her was @kitkatpoker, she donated $1000. I just checked the gofundme and I don't see her donation anymore. I'm glad to see people coming to their senses and getting their money back.
    Wow that's really interesting. That's probably where a lot of the reduction came from, though we noticed about 11 people disappearing from the list -- like from 70 to 59. The others were probably small donations.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: no one likes to be a sucker

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah I see that KitKatPoker (who is different than the Kit Kat on PFA, who is white, whereas this one is Asian) has deleted her (pro-Jami) tweets about the situation. Good for her, if we're reading it correctly.

Doesn't want the drama, but probably realized this wasn't appeared to be, so she clawed back the money and backed away from the controversy. Nice move.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Or gambling addicts.

Joseph Cheong brought up a good point today that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the pushback I did, had I been calling out another man in a situation like this one. If it were a man, I definitely would have called it out just as aggressively.

People are suckers for a damsel in distress, especially if they are white and at least semi-attractive. This is where female scammers have a big edge over male scammers, though for whatever reason, men tend to scam more often than women. But the women who do it can be incredibly effective, especially if conventionally attractive. I said many years ago that I was shocked there weren't more young, pretty girls taking advantage of all the young male poker simps during the boom years. It was a goldmine for that.

It should also be noted that almost all of my scamming allegations have been against other men. There would be very little to talk about on PFA Radio if I limited my criticism to women.
    Bro I said the same thing on here before Joseph Cheong did and you give him the props lol. C'mon Todd read your member's posts before you give credit to others. The other day I wrote that 95% would be on Todd's side if it were a dude doing this.

Thread Information