Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Jami Lafay Daniels asking for $50k via gofundme due to cancer surgery, but a lot doesn't add up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnnamed View Post
    Quite funny to see she can't "work" for 3-6 months yet posts pictures of her firing $55 tourneys on ACR 2+ weeks after surgery. I'm assuming she got a chunk of that GFM money and is dispersing it to the mid stakes community.
    To be honest this is a great thing if regs are giving their money to some sort of donkey who chunks it off at the tables it’s only helping the poker economy
    Except on ACR it's most likely going to people operating bots

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I am putting this here so that it is not overlooked.
    Jami has always been good at bankroll management.

When she blows her money she steals from her boyfriends safe and leaves town; or starts a go fundme under false pretenses.... or does all that shit in AZ that no one has mentioned publicly yet.

That is how you stay in action!
    What a courageous woman.

Name:  jm3.png
Views: 374
Size:  102.8 KB

Comments

PositiveVariance: She says she's good at BR Management LOL - She played at high stakes on Hustler where she was "All in". Good BR Management and she would have went down. In stakes! That hustler live stream her ROR was over 50%!

Load Metric
    you gotta keep em separated

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jamie Giunta and WeePro83 are good examples of longtime female poker community members who became suspicious of this whole thing, after initially being supportive.

That's a point I've been raising the whole way. If Jami was really the victim in all of this, a ton of women in poker would be sticking up for her and encouraging these donations. Instead, all of the big name female players are absolutely silent on the matter, and a number of others (such as Jamie and WeePro) are expressing skepticism of her. The only women supporting her are a few radical feminists who automatically back the female in any controversy, but even some of the big poker Twitter feminists (such as Vanessa Kade and Dr. Kamikaze) are sitting this one out.

This is truly a situation where the silence is speaking volumes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Another poker female speaking out against Jami.

https://twitter.com/FantasticFDAW/status/1634297151520923649

Load Metric
    yeah Jamie and WeePro are good to go, I feel like they are well respected to the point that people can't just say oh well they are just going after Jami like Todd did. Even people that can't stand druff have to admit that there is definitely some dishonest shit going on at this point.

Load Metric
    Fallo initially supported Jami too, but after so many inconsistencies popped up she became suspicious and well, here we are

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In case you're wondering about the timing of this most recent backlash, I'm proud to say it started after WeePro listened to the PFA Radio from yesterday, commented on it on Twitter, and then various females started speaking out.

This was exactly what needed to happen. When males call out a female for this sort of thing, there's always the built-in "you're just a misogynist" defense, and that works on a lot of morons who don't want to look more critically at the facts. When a female calls it out, that bullshit defense is gone, and people listen more closely.

I think I'll just sit back and let the rest of it take its course.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Todd you have been spot on about everything with Jami and it's fucked how she's still trashing you BIG time every chance she gets yet she threatens you with a lawsuit wtf lol

She's a nut job! Her fake cancer and fake suicide bs is so shameful and it's good to finally see more women call her out, I've never lost anyone really close to me to cancer or suicide but if I ever were to I'd imagine someone faking and pulling on people's heartstrings scamming money because of it would really piss me off I can understand how it set Slayr off

She's not dying, she's never was gonna die, she's a major scumbag who's trying to scam $50,000 while faking cancer, she can fuck right off

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

I do not wish to get involved in whatever this whole thing is, but since we are talking about faking illnesses for sympathy or money, there was indeed such a hoax which occurred in Hollywood in the mid-1980s.

Unfortunately I cannot name the person or the production, because I worked on it, and do not wish to give clues as to who i am.

However, I can tell you that it was not an actor or major producer/director, so you probably would not know the name anyway. It was another behind the scenes employee, and she came to work one day telling us she was diagnosed with cancer. She was in her late 40s at the time, so we all felt very bad for her. I was a young man at the time, and she was about my mother's age, so I thought about how I would feel if my mother had cancer, and it made me sick to my stomach.

The production was very understanding, and gave her all the time off she needed for medical appointments and procedures. About two months later, after a late night on the set, I had to take a dump before driving home, so I went to the bathroom, and I guess I took a bit there, because by the time I returned to the studio to pack up and go home, almost nobody was left. However I heard two voices, and I recognized them as the director and the casting director. They did not realize anyone else was in the studio, and thought they were there alone. They had assumed everyone had left, as I did not announce I was just going to the bathroom, so they just looked around and saw they were the only ones. I felt a bit guilty but I kind of hid in the corner pretending to be tying my shoes, and eavesdropped. I heard them talking a lot of shit about people we worked with. Fortunately nothing was said about me.

Well finally they got to the woman who had cancer and they both said they thought she was bullshitting. At first I thought this was really cold and in fact was getting angry. I could not tell them off, as they were much higher up on the food chain than I was, but I considered telling some people privately about what jerks these guys were. As I listened, I changed my tune. They started mentioning good points as to why they thought this woman was lying. By the time they changed the subject, I thought they were probably right. I snuck out and did not let them know I was there eavesdropping.

I decided to do a bit of amateur gumshoeing and struck up some conversations with the woman in the following days. I pretended that my grandmother was suspecting she had cancer, and wanted to know how she discovered it and what signs my grandmother should look for. I made up a story that my grandmother was afraid of doctors and didn't want to go unless she was very sure. I based this a little upon my real grandmother who had died 5 years beforehand, who was always reluctant to seek medical attention, and ended up dying of something which could have been stopped if caught early (not cancer though). By this point both of my grandmothers were dead, so I did not have to worry about any jinx about talking about my grandmother having cancer. Yes, I was superstitious like that. Anyway, this woman was very evasive and did not want to give many details. Finally I squeezed a few out of her, and stealthily jotted them down on a notepad I had brought, after the conversation was over. My older sister was married to a doctor, so I visited my sister and pretended I missed her, then pulled out my notepad and asked her husband if the symptoms I described were that of the cancer the woman claimed to have, which was stomach cancer.

My sister's husband said that her symptoms did not at all match that of stomach cancer, and questioned why any doctor would have done any screening for such cancer given what she claimed her symptoms were.

At this point I did not know what to do. I was fairly certain the woman was lying, but I did not understand why she would be doing this, nor did I want to necessarily get involved with outing her. I ended up leaving an anonymous note on the desk of the director about 2 weeks later, so she wouldn't suspect I was the one to have tipped him off. The note stated that she was lying about the cancer and suggested the production take steps to verify her claims. I knew the director would be open to this, as I had overheard his discussion suspecting she was faking!

The director must have been affected by my note, as within another two weeks, she was fired. The director called everyone to a meeting and let us know that the woman was faking cancer, and he had hired a PI to follow her after becoming suspicious. He indicated that she was not really going to medical appointments when she claimed, and even at one point went out to a nightclub when she was supposedly at home resting from a procedure. He asked everyone to please stay quiet about the matter and not gossip with friends outside the production.

I felt proud of myself for being the catalyst to making this occur. I almost wrote an anonymous letter to the National Enquirer to have them report on this, but I did not want to make the production look bad, so I refrained from doing so. In fact, I have never told anyone outside of very close friends as to my involvement in outing it. Almost 40 years later it still feels like a secret, even though it is likely this woman is dead by this point, and the show of course is long off the air.

Sorry for derailing your conversation. Just wanted to tell this little story of mine because it fits here, and cancer hoaxes stretch across all industries.

Comments

Dan Druff: great story, you never told me this one before

Load Metric
    Jami just posted another update on her gfm. She must be getting desperate for more money.

Name:  45.PNG
Views: 500
Size:  88.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    Jami just posted another update on her gfm. She must be getting desperate for more money.

Name:  45.PNG
Views: 500
Size:  88.3 KB
    Not saying the girl isn’t sick as she’s clearly to a degree sick with something, but this couldn’t be any less relevant. Over half of us would have nodules in our lungs. I assume it means 3mm as it clearly isn’t 3 meters. That’s not at all considered risky.

They’d do a repeat CT on anything suspicious expecting it to be fine as anything less than twice that size almost always is nothing. I see no language that relates to something that’s likely a neoplasm. Basal predominance is usually language you associate more with like pulmonary fibrosis or emphysema.

I’m going from muscle memory on much of this stuff, but I’m pretty sure if you asked a pulmonologist or oncologist they’d read that and say, and? Is there something else of concern?

I have an acquaintance who had her same thyroid cancer diagnosis. He’s at times had to have surgeries. Feels like maybe 5 over 20 years. Having one kidney removed by far the most significant. I recall him saying to me he just wanted to see his daughter graduate. She was like 2 at the time. He’s since added a son and the daughter is a college graduate, son is graduating, and to be 100% honest, dude looks better today than when he got sick and was in twenties. He was already bald then. Has done MMA and CrossFit for last 10 years and watched his diet for 20 years.

I mean It could come back tmrw and he’s dead in six months, but that’s true for most of us.
    Glad to see Druff off his island on this one with poker crowd. Now just has to fade a 2 outer that’s she’s the unlucky one this time around and flips the script and dies just to spite him.

Load Metric
    This was also posted today.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 714
Size:  120.0 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Name:  jm2.png
Views: 203
Size:  325.0 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/LafayJami/status/1634253457279569920

Supposedly a skin graft but needs a cane to walk??

Comments

SlowRoll: And she just got her eye sight back! must be hard to play on ACR while blind - maybe thats what yoshi is for.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    at this point, this woman is rubbing it in the face of her victims, past and present.

she continues to victimize more people.

slay made an excellent point in that she is likely also begging for money in DMs.
    one look at her recent twitter will show that she is making posts to bait people into conversations that will lead to this.

i hope this ends with her in a court room, trying desperately to back track on all the lies she's told

Thread Information